Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Ergonomic Cat's Games > Our Eyes Have Seen The Glory

Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 05:44
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

Member: #8003
Ontario won't let me drink or gamble till 21. But I can vote!

Hmmm... I might put up a response to the raging Psycho soon.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 06:13
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Member: #1485
This is why the drinking age should also be the age of majority.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 06:17
Explosive Cheese

Wait, did I say 21? Ontario is 19. So 1 more year.

I think I agree with you Merc, but I don't like drinking. I did enjoy a small dose of Laphroaig with my Dad last night after midnight (so on my birthday). I must say it's good stuff, because I enjoyed this even though I don't normally enjoy alcoholic drinks.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 06:33
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Laphroaig is awesome.

I have a whole bunch of Scotch Whisky brands in my liquor cabinet. I don't drink nearly as often as I used to (kids'll do that do you), but I still think that if you're old enough to pollute your lungs, waste a vote, and serve your country, you should be old enough to drink liquor.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 06:38
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

Member: #1110
I'm a Talisker man myself. Though my favorite whisky has to be the bottle of Aberlour that I got to hand bottle from a cask.

I really need to go back to Scotland.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 06:45
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

I have Lagavulin, Tamdhu, and Balvenie currently in my cabinet. They are as individual as children, with their own tastes to recommend them depending on my mood and desired taste.

For everyday drinking, I'll pull out the Balvenie, which is lighter and has a scent of peaches and cream. Add a few drops of cold water and drink with a sweet dessert. The Lagavulin is far smokier and is drunk neat. By itself. The Tamdhu is the most expensive one I own (~$20 USD per dram) and is meant to be shared with close friends when celebrating. It's the smoothest, oldest, and most mature Scotch I've ever had (42 years old).
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 11:54
SRJJJB
Ghoul

Member: #8226
Sorry for the delay.

Several things happen this week: School started, I seem to be suffering from the inability to sleep (3 days now), I somehow manage to successfully start a sci-fi RP forum and a lot of my dedication and attention is going there. Oh and work has been a pain.

So I'm going to admit I'm burn out. Tired. Sore. In pain. Just not in shape to focus on several things. I won't be able to join right away. I'm not sure if I can join later but if I would be permitted then I will gladly finish Bike Star and join in later issues. Else I guess I have to drop out. Sorry guys. Cat it would be appreciated if I could know if Bike Star would be able to join later when I get things settle down and I'm back to regular health.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 12:34
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
Surely. Once you get settled in, Bike Star will return from his clever investigations, to reveal an important and confusing plot point.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 12:45
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7702
Happy birthday Explosive Cheese

How'd you know I was fifteen Krypton. Also you didn't catch the sarcasm in my voice.

Today was a decent day seeing as I made varsity for my cross country team. Unfortunately though I now have a blister about the size of Texas.
Anyway have a great birthday cheese
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 13:34
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
Telepathy is an odd thing.

Basically, if people aren't actively resisting it, they have no defense what so ever, and the telepath gets everything, subject to the limits of stones per type.

As soon as they're actively resisting, it goes to stones spent from Intelligence + Mental Defense, and the telepath has to overcome those stones. Whatever stones the telepath has left over are what determine how much the telepath can get.

So anyone who is actively resisting can declare it so now that it's known that y'all have a telepath in your midst. If you want to do so, simply add a line to your next post indicating how many stones you're putting in to resisting it, up to a maximum of your intelligence.

Moira has also spent a few extra stones during the conversation to overcome resistances if needed. Stones regen quickly outside of active combat/challenge situations.

Also, y'all are free to slap her. I already told Krypton I expected Moira to be dead in an alleyway within a week.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 15:14
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Member: #7768
I know because you told us you were a sophomore in the Star Wars game, and I know how old Sophomores usually are in August. 2+2 equaling 4, and all that. Anyway, I look forward to more responses from Psycho's interjection.
To the Arena! To the Death!
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 15:26
Explosive Cheese

Woah, I just realized I'm not the youngest person on this site! Holy crap, that's weird.

Still, I'm the youngest in terms of gaming experience. Dabocim seems to up me there.

Also, I was actually 14 in the August of my Sophomore year. Though I turned 15 in September (wow, that's exactly 3 years ago now. Fuck, I'm not used to time flying).
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 22:44
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Ergonomic Cat # Telepathy is an odd thing.

Basically, if people aren't actively resisting it, they have no defense what so ever, and the telepath gets everything, subject to the limits of stones per type....

So anyone who is actively resisting can declare it so now that it's known that y'all have a telepath in your midst. If you want to do so, simply add a line to your next post indicating how many stones you're putting in to resisting it, up to a maximum of your intelligence.
That is incorrect and decidedly NOT the way Mental Defense is written in the book.

Originally Posted by MURPG Core book Want to stop those pesky telepaths from reading your mind? Good vs. all forms of mental attack for as many stones as the Action Number. This costs no stones to use and is active all the time. Telepaths have this power naturally, but non-telepaths may purchase it separately. This Defensive Modifier is added to your Intelligence for defense against Telepathy and any other relevant mental spells (hypnotism, etc)
Bolded the important part.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 22:55
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Member: #7429
I thought you had to beat someone's intelligence as a base defense regardless as well. For all mental powers?

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 23:05
Darius

Damn Merc, you beat me to it.
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 00:49
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
Yeah, Intelligence+Mental Defense = Resistance. TP works vs an Attribute and thus that Attribute works like Toughness or Reflexive Dodge when it comes to defense, its free and always on.

Not that it matters a lot. The Telepath just has to use 2 stones to get area and a bunch of stones to get past defense and can get all kinds of sturfacy things on a group level. Name, basic powers (if not a full dosier), etc. Finding out your mothers maiden name is a different story though. Doing a Deep scan on 7 other people would require 7 extra stones (1 per person) and at a base of lets say 7 already, +2 for area, thats 9....trying to get upto 16 as a starting character is really pushing it. Xavier can't do that cause he doesn't have the Energy.
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 01:29
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Ya'all's rush to repeat yourselves and have multiple inputs into the conversation gave me a couple of "Sitting there bored and silent" panels/pages to get what I got out of you. Likewise, some of you are smarter/more mentally tough than others. But others of you...... not so much.

Anyway - Psycho's got Psychic Juice. Let's move on.
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 01:52
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Hold up - did you try to teleport me? I can fly.
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 02:31
Darius

Krypton- the bigger issue was Ergo Cat saying we needed to spend stones to have mental defense. I don't think any of us were really questioning your ability to break down defenses, with time.

Also- Blue Blazes was teleporting Hoplite, Wiz and Shadow. Psycho wasn't included, and how would we know she could fly? All we know right now is that she likes to root around in peoples' heads.
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 02:54
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

What Darius said.....the first three people who said they wanted to go to the scene were taken. If Psycho wants a personal 'ride' then she is welcome to say so.... ;-)
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 06:14
Explosive Cheese

Wait, so does The Wiz get a pretty good always-on Mental Defence, because of her high int? Or would I have had to buy something in particular?
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 06:21
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

You get your Intelligence as base resistance. If you want more than that, you have to pay for it with something extra. So for example the six stone 'base' scan that Psycho can throw out almost all the time, wouldn't get you. But if she focused on you and threw more on it... then you would need something like Psychic Defense or Telepathy/Mesmerism to bump up your defensive stones. But it is explicitly states that those stones come from the general pool, and therefore don't cost the character anything.

Last edited by Vortigern; 3rd of September, 2010 at 06:33.
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 06:31
Explosive Cheese

Okay, cool.

Also, I checked the book, and the Telepathy entry states that:

Originally Posted by MURP Core Rulebook If the target is aware and attempting to resist, you must overcome their mental defense (Intelligence plus any specified Mental Defenses). If the target is unaware, success is normally automatic.
Bolding by me. I think that means that, unless someone in the group was suspicious about possible Telepaths, most of us would have been unaware and unresisting, and therefore success was automatic. I know the Wiz was unaware.
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 07:59
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Those with any 'experience' going into a new situation would automatically be keeping their 'private thoughts' private. Thus my character had a 'public' thought that escaped.....into IC. :-)
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 08:02
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

That greatly cheapens and goes contrary to the language in psychic defense. Hmm. And empowers 'psychic' type powers, in general, when used against the 'unsuspecting'. I'm rather of mixed feelings about that.