Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Trio of Confusion

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 13th of June, 2007, 04:06
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Arrow Center Stage

If you could blow up the world, with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?
If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich
Would you do it?
If you could watch everybody work while you just lay on your back
Would you do it?
If you could take all the love without giving any back
Would you do it?
And so we cannot know ourselves or what we'd really do...

With all your power
With all your power
With all your power
What would you do?

If you could make your own money and then give it to everybody,
Would you do it?
If you knew all the answers and could give it to the masses,
Would you do it?

No no no no no no!

Are you crazy?
It's a very dangerous thing to do exactly what you want!
Because you cannot know yourself or what you'd really do...

With all your power
With all your power
With all your power
What would you do?

(The Flaming Lips, "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song")

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 14th of June, 2007 at 04:52.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 13th of June, 2007, 04:42
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Zoey and Mohan fade and disappear.

Mohan realize just a second to late that he shouldn't have put his hand there. Instantly as Zoe completes her spell you both feel a strange tug on your bodies. Zoe is not at all flying. In fact it doesn't really appear that you have moved, but it has somehow almost become night. Well not quite, it is definitely dusk though, and the darkness seems to be playing tricks on your eyes...

Mohan: Zoy, what did you do with the sun?

Zo: I told it to quit bugging me. Let's see what's going on.

Mohan - Crap - I start mumbling to myself, setting up a series of protective spells for me and the sun-killer.

(casting the following spells - Low-Light Vision, Longstrider, Contingent Energy Resistance [on both of us], and Forestfold


What did that spell do, seriously?



Zo: I grace Mohan with probably the longest speech he's ever gotten out of me, beaming at him, though I can't see him well.

"FINALLY, a little interest in something worthwhile. See, the nature and the beauty of the type of magic is that it is as chaotic as the universe itself. My goal is to become one with and control the chaos, to flow within and without it. It was a surge of power, I am getting better at controlling them, but this particular spell is pretty random. It's the one I usually end up disintegrating things with. Useful spell, it listens to what I want really, even if not always what I instruct it to."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 13th of June, 2007, 05:12
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Okay Von, you take out the level 2 thug. Most impressive. He's wretching in a trough nearby. But the crowd liked that little dramatic touch. They back off from you as you make your way across the street.

She stole purses from three people, in the amount of time you distracted the crowd. She waits the half second long enough to see if you are still looking at her. When you look at her, she smiles and winks. "Thanks" you can see her mouth and she makes her way in the other direction into a side street.

VON/LIGHTBRINGER: I'll go into the inn and look for the other guy who might be the guy I'm looking for.

GM: Von, you walk towards the other pub and realize the other guy has stood there waiting on you as soon as he saw you walking that way. He is holding the door open for you, indicating he wants you to come in.

VON: I smile and nod in thanks as I enter the building.

GM: Von, your man follows you inside, saying, "Thanks for not making too big a scene, Mr....?"

Von: "Hawkins, ...Von Hawkins." "No problem. So are you Monshoon ?"

GM: "Yes, I am he." He heads towards a table and offers you a seat, sits down himself.

Von: After sitting down, "Good, I was informed you would be able to help me. I have been gone for some time and need to refamiliarize myself with the surrounding areas."

GM: He looks at you with even more surprise, "To whom did you speak? I'm sorry, sir, but you have been misled. There are people in this town who like nothing more than to treat me as their errand boy, but I'm not a trail guide, and my men have more important things than showing tours of the countryside." Yes, his speech is that precise. Polished, careful. Very little accent. Not unfriendly, perfectly civil and polite in his manner.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 13th of June, 2007, 05:16
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
GM: Okay, so it's getting close to the early show (just before lunchtime), and there are a number of people sitting on split log benches, waiting for the show to begin. Firstly, where would you like to sit?

Ezmerelda: Sitting wherever the best view of both the crowd and the show is, I suppose. Towards the middle but off to one side somewhat.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 14th of June, 2007, 00:16
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
"It's not that I need a tour of the countryside. I have just returned from an extended trip, and I'm looking for information on the area. Who's in charge of whatever new providences? Where there are any wars or disputes. That sort of thing."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 14th of June, 2007, 00:19
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
Ezmerelda, the show begins with the announcer, a short, heavyset man with a pageboy wig and the dress of a courtier -

Dearest friends. Closest enemies. Step back with me to a tale of love and betrayal of the most foul sort. With daring duels and courtly love, find hope in the honor of nobility. Let us travel to the heart of the Flaeness, to the time of ancient kings, in the story of the "Battle of a Fortnight's Length"!

He bows among polite applause, and recedes off the stage. The curtain opens and a man in archaic armor behind a wooden replica of a chariot stands at the ready -

Great Heironeous, hear my plea!

And the play takes off, with the soon-to-be king of the Great Kingdom of Aerdy beseeching the lord of honor and valor before he rides out to the fields of war. It's a popular historical play, which you know well. The actor, surely this Keirgan you've heard of, is loud and overbearing in the part of the king, but he's getting his lines solid and has good control of the stage. As the other actors filter through the play, it's clear that he's the only trained thespian. Each of the others - the player of Hextor, the Queen, the other warriors of the Aerdy and the Nyrondese, all sort of follow Kerigan's lead, even with delievering their own lines. It works for the small stage, though you can see why this company has got the Bandit Kingdoms betwee itself and the real Aerdy, or any cultural center.

The play continues through the three acts, with plenty of fighting and contrived romance. It ends on the note of the King walking offstage, crown on his head, queen on his arm, into a sunset crowned kingdom. The people clap loudly, and get ready to head off. All of the "lesser players" spread out quickly with hats and baskets, for the collection. Keirgan, though, stands on the stage, eying the crowd. His eyes fall briefly on you, Ezmerelda, then he continues on, but you'll note that he returns his gaze at least twice more.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 14th of June, 2007, 03:12
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Monshoon quirks his smile at you slightly. "Not much has changed in the last decade or so."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 14th of June, 2007, 04:52
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
"I never said I was gone for a decade." give him a look, but it passes quickly. Then continue, "So everything in the area has remained the same? What about this little town? Where did it come from? Who is running it?"

Last edited by LightBringer; 15th of June, 2007 at 01:34. Reason: REWIND!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 14th of June, 2007, 05:08
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Monshoon raises an eyebrow. He turns to wave over a woman watching nearby for a signal. When he turns back, he says, "Nor did I claim you did. I wouldn't presume to put words in your mouth. I simply answered the question. Nothing has changed. The last border dispute of any significance was about 12 years ago. Things have been the same for a little over a decade.

This 'little town' came from where most towns come from, I guess. We're here because of a favorable location, a green spot near an intersection of water and a trade route. We run it ourselves." He smiles.

The serving wench approached during his speech and smirks down at him. "You're soooo modest. Yes, we do. Feeling adventurous, or you going to bore me?"

"I would like my usual, Rose. And Mr. Hawkins, I'm sure, already has his brunch paid for?" He smiles at you again.

Rose outright grins. "Yeah, whatever you want, sir. An admirer has definitely paid for it. Just one admirer this meal, I promise, Mr. Protector of the Peace. It was tempting, if you hadn't been sitting there I mighta been bad." She winks at Monshoon, then turns back to you. "I expect, though, you could eat here free for a week if you wanted, Mr. Hawkins. Or at least til that thug's bruises fade. What'll it be?"

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 19th of June, 2007 at 23:48. Reason: finally got some stuff going
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 19th of June, 2007, 23:52
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Ezmerelda~

(YES, but was I actually ENTERTAINED!? That's important to know! This will hold til you answer that question.)

I reach into my pack and pull out a piece of parchment, on which I write I.O.U. and put in the hat as it is passed. I smile broadly at Keirgan. I'm sure he's just seeing a new face in the crowd, so I'm not going to get all worked up.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 19th of June, 2007, 23:56
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Zo

I wait a long moment, and then decide Mohan's not going to answer me. I sigh with disappointment. I walk forward, foot in front of foot, waiting to see what I can.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 01:28
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
Ezmer -

Keirgan's not bad really. The whole production was decent enough. I'd say that yes, you were entertained.

Zo -

That's totally my bad - the conversation (not the text, the gist) got lost in the shift over. However... a roll of the eyes from Mohan wouldn't be innapropriate in this instance.

Mohan follows closesly, on her right.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 03:44
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
"I'm feeling rather adventurous today. I'll have what my friend here is having," motioning to Monshoon, while giving Rose a smile and a wink.

Then returning to the conversation, "It isn't that you are putting words in my mouth. I have been gone for 10 years, so the amount of time you used, 'a decade', was suprising." I'm looking around keeping my eyes and ears open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Mohan/Zoe

Actually you appear to be in the same spot. It just seems darker now.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 04:37
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Rose rolls her eyes good naturedly. "Fine, help him bore me straight to death. Not a difficult order at least. It'll be right out."

Monshoon looks at you as you wait. "Right now the only real shakeup has been at your manor, Mr. Hawkins, and of late it has cleared up. I assume you have retaken control of your keep? Right, anyway, I wasn't going to mention that particular change of lordship, but since you are being so candid with me.... a lady from your castle used to bug me on a near constant basis with descriptions that match you perfectly, and your name. I never found you, obviously, and gave up looking years ago."

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 27th of June, 2007 at 05:41. Reason: wrong color for rose
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 04:40
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
EZMERELDA

(Ah, you give me detail after detail sometimes, but when I am trying to gauge the town's folks attitudes, you give me nothing! How ribald was it? You promised smut, so I want to know if that was just her self-righteous Beory (?) loving outlook or was it really actually smutty.)

My IOU is for a decent amount, and chargable to a Mr. Von Hawkins. I wait as the crowds die down, watching everything in general before I file out.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 04:44
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
ZOEY

I turn and walk back into my tower then, looking for supplies and my staves.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 04:52
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
Of course I give Rose the 'Sorry' smile, and continue, "Yes the keep is mine again. I have a few loyal servant's there, and am going to arrange new accomadation's for deliveries. I like to know what's going on around me though. From what you're saying, not much is going on. I still have quite a bit of wanderlust left so I'm sure I'll find something to entertain me." Keep my eyes open the girl while talking. I don't need her to try and 'prove' her worth by snatchng my coins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoe and Mohan seem to be exactly where they left from. The only differences is that it's darker, and the keep doesn't quite look the same.

When you go back towards the gates they are shut, and a small man looks down at you. "Halt!! State your business!"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 05:12
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
Mohan -

State yer own, tiny. Who in Obad-Hai's name are you, and answer quick. I am not in a particularly good mood.

I clutch my spear menacingly and stalk up over to him, waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Ezermelda -

My IOU is for a decent amount, and chargable to a Mr. Von Hawkins. I wait as the crowds die down, watching everything in general before I file out.
You see that the main player is speaking to a youth, who bobs his head in eager agreement to everything Keirgan has to say, then heads of, as your thespian heads up the street.

It doesn't take long for the newly invested page to arrive at your feet, then silver peice still clutched tightly in his tiny hand - he's all of eight years old, and pretty clean for a not-quite farmhand.

Missus or Miss -

He bows, for the first time in his life -

He stands up, then picks up his cap, as it had fallen from his head.

Master Keirgan of th' Far West Company would like t'exten -

He shakes his head, then extends his hand, holding a folded piece of paper -

Extends his invitation for lun-chee-on dis, er day.

He smiles - his hand stuck out, then he blinks -

Er, lun-chee-on at th'home of th'Master's, er... um... patron! Patron, Lady Dyvers. Um... She lives just up der, mum.

He points to a detatched home near the town square, pretty close to the temple of Beory you had already visited. It is a small structue, but is made of cut stone and is walled. It is the home of someone comfortable, if not wealthy, but it is rather understated.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 05:39
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Zoe:

I hold my ground and wait for Mohan's "diplomacy" to work its magic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Von:

Monshoon smiles. "Mostly just small time bullies who're too big for their britches, like Kevin there. You know... there is one thing, if you mean you just want to get into trouble. The small fey are riled about something. I don't know what the deal is, but they've been causing real harm, not just mischief for travellers and huntsman. They usually just steer clear or play small pranks or small kindnesses at most."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EZZIE

I ruffle the boys' hair. "Lead the way." I smile at him.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 05:39
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
Mohan clutches his spear menacingly, but since he is up on the wall, you'll have to fly up. Looking down at you, and in a high cracky voice, "I'm the fripping guard you dolt. What do you think I'm doing up here. Now I don't know where you two popped in from, but you need to be moving along."
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 06:09
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
Mohan -

*pop*

Oh, there will be flying indeed...

NOW I will shift to great big eagle form and zoom up to the wall. I'll let my beak get uncomfortably close to the guard's eye.

Ezmerelda -

The boy takes you by the hand and pokes his chest out as he escorts you through the town to the walls of the home.

'Ave a good day, mum!

And he runs off.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 28th of June, 2007, 01:47
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Zo -- I continue to watch the fool. He's always entertaining at least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezmerelda -- I walk up to the front door. *Knock knock*
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 28th of June, 2007, 22:52
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
"Really? Where are these small fey located?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The small man, barely 3 feet in height, steps back obviously not wanting to get pecked in the eye. "Are you dafted? Is..there..something.. wrong..with..your..brain?", he asks slowly. "You are not welcome here gooooo awayyyyy."

He appears to be the only person up here. He is wearing what appears to be leather armor, and he carries a 4 foot spear. From this vantage point you can see inside the walls. You see the main house, and a tower, but all the other buildings, and the garden are gone.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 29th of June, 2007, 03:57
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
"Where pixies and dryads and faeries always are. Damn I can never get those straight. Anyway, they're all riled up anyhow. In the forest."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 29th of June, 2007, 04:29
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
Ezmer -

The door opens, and a very young girl, plainly attired in a simple dark dress, her blond hair tied back in a severe bun, answers -

May I help you, mum? The lady is entertaining Master Kiergan right now.

---

Mohan -

I screech a protest (not really saying anything in eagle) and swoop past him, flying into the keep proper. I'll do a very quick survey of the interior of the keep - other differences, number of folks here, anything else that might be out of place.

My sense of sight is greatly improved in this form, and... right now, I'm trying to not get in trouble, but rather assess the situation. As soon as any sort of threat materializes, I'm out and over to light near Zo - the last thing we need is to get needlessly separated.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren