Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darius's Games > Apocalypse World

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 31st of January, 2013, 13:03
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
The boom of the shotgun echoed throughout the surrounding area as Mar turned the hapless scout into a fine red mist. Unfortunately, that alerted whoever was down in and around the market that there was the potential for trouble. Luckily for the band from Muddy River, they just weren't sure where the enemy was... yet.

Doc did see at least five more people exit the confines of the market though.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 31st of January, 2013, 14:08
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.62 per day)
"Shit, we've got at least five more guys coming, besides whoever was already out scouting. Fetish, Mar, plans?"
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 31st of January, 2013, 18:30
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Mar stared at the cooling body for a moment, then looked over at Doc as she announced the marketers had more friends now. "Well shit," he spat. "That was bad timing. Alright, my pappy always said that it's better to fight 3 guys than 5, and 1 guy instead of 3. So lets try the divide and conquer trick."

Reaching down he hefted Clyde back up and slung Jesse back over his shoulder. "So what I'm thinking is, provided we don't get shot of course, I head over yonder," he pointed to a spot where a bunch of rusted out hulks that had once been cars sat. "Set up with Clyde here and whoever else wants to go with, and begin raining down lead on those boys, seeing if I can't get 'em all riled up and whatnot."

"Meanwhile Fetish and whoever she brings can try and circle around 'em, get behind where she can actually use the big 'ol knife you got there. End of the day, and provided things go smooth, they'll be dead and we won't be."
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 31st of January, 2013, 18:52
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.62 per day)
"If Fetish is sneaking I'm more liable to fuck it up than help. I'll cover Mar, and keep an eye on Nils and Rhyme, in case they need help. Nils, keep the truck ready and watch Rhyme. We're probably going to need to get out in a hurry, truck's important. Yeah?"
__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 5th of February, 2013, 11:42
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Mar, Rhyme and Nils moved over the cover that he had indicated. Fetish meanwhile made her own preparations.

From where Mar was situated, he could see the squatters fanning out from the supermarket, moving cautious like and keeping to cover. Even so, they way he was situated it wouldn't be more than a couple of minutes before somebody spotted him. Unfortunately, they were spread out enough that he wouldn't be able to get more than two in his field of fire at any one time.

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 5th of February, 2013, 11:50
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.72 per day)
When Fetish wanted to be quiet, she could be creepily damn quiet. She tried to make her way into market for scouting and, possibly, to take out a leader.

Last edited by Mercutio; 5th of February, 2013 at 12:02.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 5th of February, 2013, 15:12
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Mar took his hat off and set it on the ground as he glanced through various holes and broken door windows at the now alert men. He grunted softly upon seeing they were so spread out before lowering his head back behind the car. He opened the box attached to his gun and began replacing the partially spent belt inside with a fresh one.

After finishing he glanced back up and tried to figure which of these men he was going to kill first.

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 12th of February, 2013, 00:47
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Fetish quietly made her way around and into the market. It seemed that everyone was out looking to see what the source of the disturbance was, as the camp was otherwise unguarded. There was a converted pickup truck parked just outside, and inside she could see where someone had set up a campfire, along with a few bedrolls. There were no weapons visible, making her think that they must have taken everything with them.

Mar saw one of the raiders moving around with what looked like a long tube on his shoulder. Rocket propelled grenades were hardly common, but they were always bad news. He also knew that he was going to have to be careful of flankers, and that it was going to be easy to get caught pinned down. As for escape routes? The best was going to be moving straight back. They could always come back for Nils' truck later.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 15th of February, 2013, 03:08
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.72 per day)
Fetish sighed. This wasn't going to be easy. Of course not. She snuck back outside and tried to stay hidden as she made her way back towards the truck. She figured that if worst came to worst, they could always bug out and come back with a bigger force.

Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 19th of February, 2013, 05:27
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Oooh that'll be trouble.

RPGs were serious fucking pains in Mar's experience. They were also worth a helluva lot of if you could get your hands on one, which made Mar wonder just who these jack-offs were. Still, he wasn't get paid to ask questions.

"Alright," he whispered as he glanced back to Nils and Doc. "Two of you watch the sides and shoot any sonuvabitch who tries to flank us. If I say we gotta book it, head straight back thataway," he nodded behind them where there were some cars and then a downward slope. "And try not to get shot in the back."

"Kay. Let's do this." Flipping the bipod down on Clyde, Mar stood up and set the weapon down on the roof of the car, aiming at the boy with the RPG and pulling the trigger.

Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 20th of February, 2013, 12:37
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Fetish made her way back toward the truck. Only thing was, two people were already there. Looked like one was under the truck, and the other was keeping watch. What did Fetish do?

Mar opened up with Clyde, cutting the guy with the RPG down but fast and before he was able to get a bead on Clyde's position. The bullets tore through the weapon too. Nobody was going to be using it in its current condition. The gunfire was drawing raiders like locusts though, and bullets started pinging off the cover like leaded rain drops. Clyde could make out two raiders moving to the left of his position, but not so where he'd be able to get a clear shot at them.

Doc and Nils- what are you doing?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 20th of February, 2013, 16:30
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.62 per day)
Doc watched Mar, biting her lip, eyes flickering around for enemies.
She really would serve everyone best by just keeping her head down and trying not to engage. Kept her shotgun ready anyway.
__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 21st of February, 2013, 08:22
Daedalus's Avatar
Daedalus
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member: #568
Location: In my little black box, like a good boy.
Posts: 1,090 (0.20 per day)
Nils pulled up her SMG and began laying down blind fire from cover, looking to force the raiders' heads down and give Mar some breathing space so he could do his job. "Try not to ruin all their shit!" she shouted at the gunlugger "The more whole it is, the more we can get from it back home!"
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 25th of February, 2013, 10:43
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.72 per day)
"Shit, disabling our only means of escape..." Fetish threw caution to the wind and moved ahead, trying to move close to the guard before he had a chance to react, and then pulled her skirt up a little as she moved. "Excuse me, but, could you maybe tie my shoe for me?"

While keeping her focus on the guard she spoke to the person under the truck. "Sugar, could you come out from under the truck and maybe scoot along before you damage it? I'd love to take this fine vehicle and be on my way. Might be something in it for both you and your guard here."

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 26th of February, 2013, 11:44
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Nils tried to get some covering fire down, but the bullets pinging off her cover were forcing her to keep her head down more than she would like. She could try to be more effective, but she would definitely have to put herself in harm's way in order to do so.

Doc saw the two break from cover on Mar's left. She knew he wasn't going to be able to swing the big gun around in time, and Nils seemed to be having her own troubles.

Mar did see two more raiders break cover to his right. They seemed to have learned the lesson from the RPGer being cut down and were staying out his firing lane. He was going to either switch up weapons or reposition Clyde to be able to bring it to bear again.

Fetish easily grabbed the first raider's attention. It was also the first time that any of them were able to get a good luck at them. They were wearing stitched together hoods of pale leather, bits of hair and bone sticking out of them. They were wearing people masks, cut off of their victims and stitched haphazardly. Whoever had done the stitching was truly terrible with a needle though, not that it made it any better.

"I'm going to need something other than a sweet voice to get me out from under here," came the muffled voice under the truck.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 26th of February, 2013, 11:58
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.62 per day)
Ugh dammit.

Doc skirted around, watching the two, waiting for them to get lined up, and at a good moment popped out.
"Hi."
She fired the shotgun.

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 27th of February, 2013, 08:52
Daedalus's Avatar
Daedalus
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member: #568
Location: In my little black box, like a good boy.
Posts: 1,090 (0.20 per day)
Taking quick stock of the new situation, with flankers coming in from left and right, Nils realized she couldn't keep spraying shitfire from cover. Taking a knee, she peeked up and put sights on the nearest raider, squeezing out a thin stream of hot lead at her before dropping back down.

Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 28th of February, 2013, 10:09
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.72 per day)
Fetish tried to sound even sweeter, if that was possible. "I'll make you a deal. You can run, and keep running, and I won't kill you, and I'll make sure my friends don't either. I'll even give you one of my knives as proof that you've got my one-time only pass to staying alive." She kept her eyes still on the other guy as she was talking, and drew and flicked one of her daggers into the dirt beside the truck.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 3rd of March, 2013, 06:39
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Mar growled as the opposition reacted intelligently to their situation. 'Course, anyone who had the know-how to get an RPG and hold onto it probably wasn't your standard gang. Still, it was annoying and potentially lethal. Not trusting Jesse to be able to hit at this range he hauled Clyde off the roof of the car. Moving to where he'd be able to get a bead on these guys he shouted over the sound of gunfire at the two women with him. "Get yer asses ready to fall back!"

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 5th of March, 2013, 21:22
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
As Mar moved Clyde, Doc and Nils attacked the flankers. Doc let the shotgun do the talking, taking out the raiders at about waist level. They weren't going to be a problem any more. Unfortunately, one of them did manage to clip her shoulder.

Nils had decided less success, fumbling with her gun as she tried to bring it to bear and dropping it to the ground. What was worse was that it was going to be hard to get it without exposing herself to more fire.

The raider under the truck pushed himself out from underneath. It was impossible to read their expressions under their flesh masks, but Fetish could swear she could hear the gears slowly turning. "Yeah, yeah, ok. Sounds like you got what, a lmg out there? No reason we can't all act friendly right now. Hand over the knife."

Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 10th of March, 2013, 13:33
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Clyde was hissing, the barrel starting to get hot under the constant barrage of bullets it kept delivering. Still, there were bastards that needed killing and Mar knew Clyde had plenty more death to deal out. Kneeling down he hefted the machine gun up and aimed down the sights at the raiders and squeezed the trigger.

Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 19th of March, 2013, 12:04
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.72 per day)
Fetish nodded. "Knife's at your feet. Take it and get out."

Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 4th of April, 2013, 07:46
Daedalus's Avatar
Daedalus
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member: #568
Location: In my little black box, like a good boy.
Posts: 1,090 (0.20 per day)
Nils sighed in annoyance and pulled up her revolver from her holster. Peeking up from her cover a bit, she lined up a shot and took it, making a mental note to grab her smg back when the dust had settled back down.

Reply With Quote
  #74  
Unread 4th of April, 2013, 15:48
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.62 per day)
Doc slinked back to Mar, keeping an eye out for new flankers.

__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 5th of April, 2013, 20:24
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
The raider looked at the knife, looked at Fetish, shrugged, and said, "Sure."

"But..." his friend said.

"Don't argue, let's go." He took the knife, said, "Ma'am," with a tilt of an imaginary hat, and dragged his friend with him.

Mar managed to reposition Clyde just as one of the gang members came out of cover. the raider might not have been quite cut in two by the barrage, but he definitely wouldn't be getting back up again.

Nils' revolver thundered in her own ears, though after being so close to Mar and Clyde it sounded awfully muted. It did fire awfully big bullets though and blasted a hole through the head of a raider coming up on the flank, shattering it like one of those mutant squash that grew near Muddy River.

Doc surveyed the area, but it looked like the few survivors were pulling back to the market proper. It was hard to tell if they were digging in or just collecting their gear before withdrawing though.

What do you all do next?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren