Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Conan: The Throne of Blood

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 26th of April, 2010, 05:13
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Temple of Larsha: Reuniting

Freya looks at Harith and nods, smiling. The torchlight outlines a figure who steps forth with open hands and says, "We mean you no harm we are just trying to make our way out of this dungeon". Behind the figure another figure tries to hide in the shadows. Belkregos growls and says, "You there, come into the light!" He holds his great sword two handed, looking over both figures. The lead figure is armed and lightly armored. He looks pretty worn and wearied. Freya holds her sword readied and says, "By Ymir who are you?"

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 26th of April, 2010 at 05:17.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 26th of April, 2010, 10:59
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
At the sound of familiar voices, Dagmar starts to walk forward, but hesitates a moment, remembering their last encounter with shame. It is with a lowered gaze that she come forward into the light and the gaze of her abandoned allies. Her relief that Freya and the others still live, is tempered by the sense of dread as she realizes that their numbers have decreased since last she was with them. She doesn't say anything, but simply stands silently behind Laredo. She looks quite a bit worse for the wear. Her old equipment is gone, and now she wears a clearly oversized tunic of mail which has several recent blood smears on it. In fact, quite a lot of it could well be her own, as she wears several makeshift bandages on her bare arms and legs. She's really got blood all over her, though not all of it is hers. She wields nothing but a rather unremarkable scimitar, also coated in blood, and without a sheath.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 26th of April, 2010, 22:52
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.08 per day)
Harith lowers his bow. "Aye, we would all have rest, and tend to our wounds. But there is business as yet unattended if we wish not to have another enemy above ground."

Harith looks back to Freya and Belkregos, and asks, "What say you?"
__________________
Lando's "Throne of Blood"
"When your only tool is a sledgehammer, every problem looks like a delicate Lladro porcelain figure waiting to be obliterated."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 1st of May, 2010, 00:56
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Bowing before the group without taking his eyes from them Laredo introduces himself. "I am Laredo, retriever of lost items. I came here looking for such an item and came across Dagmar and her companions."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 7th of May, 2010, 11:08
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
"By Ymir's frozen balls, you live girl and I see you've bloodied that blade, I hope upon some temple guards or priests. Companions you say?", Freya quirks an eyebrow. She looks at Belkregos who lowers his greatsword remembering Dagmar briefly. Belkregos takes a waterskin off his shoulder and offers it to Dagmar and Laredo. "Are you both hungry as well?" Freya nods at Harith and looks at Laredo, "Aye, rest we all need and to regroup to find our way through this temple. Know where there is a safe place? I'm Freya."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 8th of May, 2010, 09:25
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Dagmar holds up a hand to refuse the water. She answers Freya with he head still hung in shame. "Uh... I was taken prisoner by a man with magic, a priest... He was able to control me with his words... I do not know what happened to the others." She says looking at the vacant spaces where she would have expected to see the rest of Freya's group. "He took me to these cells full of prisoners and some of us were taken for a sacrificial ritual to some demon they seem to worship. I and another woman, Thula, were able to fight off the guards together and she is with the other women in the sacrifice chamber. They released some sort of demonic dog beasts that attack anyone they find and one of the girls is badly injured. We were coming this way to release the other prisoners in the cells."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 9th of May, 2010, 02:04
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Turning down the offer of food and water with a shake of his head and a heart felt thanks for the offer. "Dagmar is correct we need to free the rest of the prisoners and I also have some unfinished business with these high priest and the demon they worship."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 19th of May, 2010, 21:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Freya looks at Dagmar and nods, "We fought several priests and their bodyguards in an inner temple room. Their accursed god came alive and attacked us as well. I suspect dark sorcery is afoot here. You say there are more imprisoned here? We also have unfinished business with the priest who escaped and his "god". Let us go then by Ymir!"

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 19th of May, 2010 at 21:35.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12th of June, 2010, 07:24
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Dagmar lets Freya take the lead. In her current state she wouldn't be much good as a pointman and frankly she isn't sure she deserves to lead. She does keep her eyes open for anything familiar however.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 14th of June, 2010, 12:35
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.08 per day)
Harith eyes Dagmar and Laredo with some suspicion and gestures for them to follow Freya and Belkregos. He follows behind, bow drawn.
__________________
Lando's "Throne of Blood"
"When your only tool is a sledgehammer, every problem looks like a delicate Lladro porcelain figure waiting to be obliterated."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 16th of June, 2010, 22:57
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Looking at the group before they leave, "Mabye I should take the lead, I have many skills at my disposal that might prove useful in the near future."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 24th of June, 2010, 07:44
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Freya smiles at Harith as he takes a cautionary position with his bow drawn. Freya checks her sword and looks at Belkregos who hefts his greatsword. Freya nods as Laredo speaks and she says, "So you can find traps and the like? If so, please go ahead, I guess we'll be going back the way you came since ours got cutoff by that slab of stone. Do you know where the others were imprisoned?"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 24th of June, 2010, 08:08
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"We were attempting to retrace my path from the cells to the ritual chamber. We had to leave the other survivors back there though, so we should hurry to continue."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 30th of June, 2010, 23:43
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Nodding to the group before heading back the way they came Laredo turns slightly telling them, "Stay close, even though we are back tracking who knows what dangers might lay ahead of us." This being said Laredo heads off into the darkness from the path they just came from.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 11th of July, 2010, 00:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Freya nods and gestures for Belkregos to follow behind Laredo with herself, Dagmar, and Harith taking up the rear. With the flickering torchlight the heroes see more of the frescoes along the walls and torn tapestries as they go back down dimly lit corridors. They come back where they see a red skinned feral dog died in the corridor with a spear and scimitar impaled into its body. The door to the room where Dagmar left the two wounded girls with Thula is covered in blood and claw marks. The heroes open the door and find the two women are badly mauled and dead with Thulsa holding a bloody scimitar.. she looks barely alive.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 11th of July, 2010 at 00:32.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 11th of July, 2010, 02:08
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Dagmar's scimitar clangs noisily against the stone floor as she drops it in shock and horror. She rushes to Thula's side. "Thula, you... the others... Don't move. Just stay still, don't exert yourself. Don't- don't you dare die." She looks around for the bottle of wine she'd left with them. "Please, help me with her wounds!" She calls out to the others, trying not to sound as panicked as she is.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 11th of July, 2010 at 02:14.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 11th of July, 2010, 03:40
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.08 per day)
Harith goes to Dagmar's side. He withdraws from his pouch healing herbs as he shouts, "Make bandages from what fabric you can find!"
__________________
Lando's "Throne of Blood"
"When your only tool is a sledgehammer, every problem looks like a delicate Lladro porcelain figure waiting to be obliterated."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 11th of July, 2010, 10:09
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Seeing that Harith seems to better know what he's doing than she does, Dagmar attempts to find some clean cloth, even if it means taking the clothes of the dead girls or whatever is left of her own.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 17th of July, 2010, 05:08
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Unfortunately there is nothing clean or sanitary in this room anymore. The corpses between the dead soldiers and the dead slave girls leave everything not owned by the party soaked in blood or gore. Thula herself is pretty badly mauled from the dead demon dog out in the corridor. She coughs up blood as Dagmar goes to her and speaks to her.

Freya sheaths her warsword and sets her pack down, taking out a waterskin and her bedroll giving both to Harith and she takes out a dagger and cuts some pieces of rope from her pack. She then comes over to help Harith clean up Thula and assists with cutting up the bedroll to make some bandages with, binding her wounds. Belkregos hefts his greatsword and looks around the room, noticing the other door and keeps watch.

ooc: give me another set of Heal checks.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 18th of July, 2010, 21:34
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.08 per day)
"These wounds are beyond my skill." Harith grits his teeth and redoubles his effort. But it appears to be no use.
__________________
Lando's "Throne of Blood"
"When your only tool is a sledgehammer, every problem looks like a delicate Lladro porcelain figure waiting to be obliterated."
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 18th of July, 2010, 22:01
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"What?" Dagmar stares at Harith in disbelief "No! You are not just giving up! There must be something we can do... Thula, just hold on... We'll find out something." Dagmar looks to the others, desperate. For a moment she'd nearly regained her honor. She'd vanquished those who'd captured her in her moment of cowardice with Thula's help. She'd released them from the horrid spell that made them willing sacrifices. She's saved them. And now, now they were all dead, all but Thula who was soon to join them if they did not do something now.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 19th of July, 2010, 12:24
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Not really having much use for the gods himself, Lardeo none the less bows his head in reverence to the fallen. "I am sure they are with whatever god they followed and from the looks of it they died on their feet, which is what every person can hope for."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 04:04
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Harith tries to tend to the wounds, but he's unsuccessful, his skill just isn't there. They need a proper leech/healer and are far from one. Dagmar and Lardeo watch. Belkregos and Freya try to help cleaning wounds and giving their assistance to Harith. Seeing Harith grimace and Thula stop breathing, Freya bows her head. "By Ymir, she died a warrior.", Freya says closing Thula's eyes, then pulling the blanket over Thula's dead body.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 12th of August, 2010 at 04:27.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 15:25
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Dagmar is left speechless. From the moment she had started this journey things had gone from bad to worse. She had been captured by slavers and escaped only to find her brother and almost wish she hadn't. Then she had repeated shown ineptness and cowardice in the face of danger, and now once again she had failed, and they were dead. Already weakened physically, the emotional weight is too much for her to bear, and her already shaky knees finally give out on her.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 23:17
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.08 per day)
"I wonder if her family knew where she was," Harith says as he wipes the blood from his hands on a shred of cloth. He stands and turns toward where Dagmar has just collapsed. "You. You said her name was Thula? I don't expect you'll forget that. But if you want to honor her, then pull yourself together, survive this place, and find her parents or her," he pauses almost imperceptibly and his voice quiets, "brother." Then speaking with more authority, he admonishes Dagmar, "Tell them what happened. Tell them she died bravely, fighting for her freedom – that she had strength in her until the end!"

Harith walks over to Belkregos and Freya, now speaking with a level voice, almost emotionless, "We need to keep moving. Where do we go from here?"
__________________
Lando's "Throne of Blood"
"When your only tool is a sledgehammer, every problem looks like a delicate Lladro porcelain figure waiting to be obliterated."

Last edited by Harith; 12th of August, 2010 at 23:22.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren