Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Tournaments

Unread 1st of February, 2008, 03:43
Boomlaor
Devourer

Member: #1478
Psionic Tournament Round II - Varla v Lilith

Welcome back my fellow tentacled beings. We're about to get started with our second day of matches in this semi-annual tournament of slaves.

Once again, the Elan, called "Varla" by her owner, Thiloq, will be starting off our morning for us.

That's right, and this time she's facing off against the other female in our tournament, apparently named "Lilith."

I'm not sure if that's supposed to suggest strength, being very similar to Illithid, or not, but either way, she didn't fare so well yesterday.

Initiative:
Varla +11 = 25
Lilith +13 = 20

Varla has 24 hours to post her round 1 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Round 1a.jpg (81.8 KB, 2 views)
Unread 1st of February, 2008, 05:17
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Member: #1477
This time Varla was ready, the instant the signal was given she started to move. Her primary powers were short ranged and she needed to get closer. As usual the first trick she tried was to wipe the knowledge of her presence from her opponent's mind. It had always worked well against the weak will beings she usually encountered, but she was starting to realize that the minds of her fellow psionics where much more powerful. Still, she had a backup if it failed.

OOC:
Activate Boots of Haste as a free action. Move to J13

Expend Psionic Focus for a Quickened Cloud Mind (9PP), Will save DC 18.

If Cloud Mind succeeds manifest Second Chance (9PP).

If Cloud Mind fails Varla will Manifest Energy Stun (Cold) augmented with +9PP (12PP) using Overchannel (3d8 damage = 8 ).

Energy Stun 10D6+10=48 , Fort save DC 28 for half. If Fort save is failed then Will save DC 28 or stunned for 1 round. Target I20-21/J20-21.
Unread 1st of February, 2008, 05:51
Boomlaor
Devourer

Varla activates her boots of haste and moves. Varla expends her psionic focus and manifests a quickened Cloud Mind (9pp). Lilith will save +11 = 16 vs DC 18, fails. Lilith cannot detect Varla. Varla manifests Second Chance (9pp).

Varla
hp - 79/79
pp - 102/120
Haste - 9 rounds remaining
Second Chance - May re-roll 1 attack, save, ability check or skill check per round, expires at the start of Varla's turn round 13.

Lilith
hp - 74/74
pp - 142/142
Cloud Mind - cannot detect Varla in any way, expires Varla's turn round 121

Lilith has 24 hours to post her round 1 action. Varla's location is noted in parenthesis on the map because she is undetectable to Lilith. LT, if you would like her actions to remain unknown to Slag, you may PM them to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg round 1b.jpg (81.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Boomlaor; 1st of February, 2008 at 07:19.
Unread 1st of February, 2008, 07:29
SlagMortar
Wraith

Member: #1853
Lilith gives a loud "Hrmph" as her opponent disappears from view. She hums to herself while walking toward the corner of the arena and keeping any eye and ear out for her opponent.

OOC:
Standard Action: Manifest vigor augmented 12 times for cost 13 PP - 1 for torc = 12 PP spent. Gain 65 temporary HP.
Move Action: Move to C20
Swift Action: Wildsurge for 1 and Manifest Energy Adaptation (ML 13) augmented to use as immediate action. Cost 11 PP - 1 for torc - 1 for surge = 9 PP spent. Gain resistance 30 to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic.
5% chance of enervation: 7 . If not dazed, gain +2 morale bonus to attacks, damage, and saves for 1 round.

During round 2: Use Empty Mind on any will save at full augmentation for cost 13 - 1 for torc = 12 PP, for a +8 to will save.
Unread 1st of February, 2008, 09:03
Boomlaor
Devourer

And it seems that both combatants are showing some respect for eachother, taking some time to fortify their defenses before going in for the kill.

Hard to blame them, really. It looks like Lilith is looking the wrong way though.

Varla
hp - 79/79
pp - 102/120
Haste - 9 rounds remaining
Second Chance - May re-roll 1 attack, save, ability check or skill check per round, expires at the start of Varla's turn round 13.

Lilith
hp - 74/74
65 temporary hp
pp - 121/142
Vigor - 65 temporary hp, expires Lilith's turn round 121
Energy Adaptation - resistance 30 to fire, cold, acid, electricity, sonic, duration of match

Lilith manifests super-augmented vigor (12pp), and gains 65 temporary hp. Lilith moves. Lilith invokes wild surge for 1 point and manifests augmented energy adaptation (9pp). Lilith avoids enervation and gains a +2 morale bonus.

Varla has 24 hours to post an action for round 2. Varla is omitted from this map due to cloud mind.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg round 2a.jpg (81.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Boomlaor; 1st of February, 2008 at 17:42.
Unread 1st of February, 2008, 10:59
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Varla curses as Lilith enhances herself. The audience watches with amusement as Varla moves around the arena while Lilith continues to look everywhere but where Varla is.

PM'd action to Boomlaor.

Last edited by Lord Twig; 1st of February, 2008 at 11:04.
Unread 1st of February, 2008, 17:41
Boomlaor
Devourer

NOTE: As was pointed out in the discussion thread, Varla's action takes more than 1 round. As LT sent me a PM prior to Lilith posting her round 2 actions, and I simply didn't receive it until today because of my move, I'll edit this as if I had done it right after LT sent his PM. SlagMortar will therefore be permitted to edit his action in the next post if he so desires.

Varla moves. Because of Cloud Mind, Lilith cannot detect Varla through either listen or spot. Varla manifests a power (9pp). Lilith cannot detect Varla and therefore cannot identify the power.

Varla
hp - 79/79
pp - 93/120
Haste - 8 rounds remaining

Touchsight - expires at the start of Varla's turn round 112

Lilith
hp - 74/74
65 temporary hp
pp - 121/142
Energy Adaptation - resistance 30 to fire, cold, acid, electricity, sonic, duration of match

Lilith has 24 hours to post her round 2 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg round 2b.jpg (81.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Boomlaor; 5th of February, 2008 at 10:43.
Unread 2nd of February, 2008, 14:37
SlagMortar
Wraith

Round 2 action:
Prior to the appearence of the shambler, Lilith is still searching for the elusive Varla. She is not entirely certain about how her opponent is hiding so she manifests touch sight to help with the issue.

OOC:
Manifest touchsight and move toward the center of the arena (F15). Cost 5 PP reduced 1 by torc for cost of 4 PP.

Use immediate action for Empty Mind on any will save at full augmentation for cost 13 - 1 for torc = 12 PP, for a +8 to will save.
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 11:34
Boomlaor
Devourer

It looks like Lilith thought she saw something for a moment there as she finished her power, but now she's looking the wrong way again.

She's like a sitting duck out there.

Oh, I don't know. She may have a surprise up her sleeve yet.

Lilith manifests toughsight (4pp). Lilith senses that Varla is within 60' of her, but cannot pinpoint her location. Lilith moves.

Varla
hp - 79/79
pp - 93/120
Haste - 8 rounds remaining

Touchsight - 80' range, expires at the start of Varla's turn round 112

Lilith
hp - 74/74
65 temporary hp
pp - 121/142
Touchsight - 60' range, expires at the start of Lilith's turn Round 122

Varla has 24 hours to post her round 3 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg round 3a.jpg (103.3 KB, 4 views)
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 12:30
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Varla curses her instincts. Disappearing was probably not the best course of action, she should have just struck when the opportunity presented. Never one to give up easily Varla pursues what she believes is her only hope for success.

Move PM'ed to Boomlaor.
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 03:46
Boomlaor
Devourer

Varla steps and begins manifesting a power (9pp). Lilith is unable to detect either action.

Varla
hp - 79/79
pp - 84/120
Haste - 7 rounds remaining

Lilith
hp - 74/74
65 temporary hp
pp - 121/142

Map unchanged, Lilith has 24 hours to post her round 3 action.
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 04:29
SlagMortar
Wraith

Not seeing her opponent, Lilith decides there is little else she can do. "Well come on out when you are ready! I'll be over here having afternoon tea!" Her casual attitude masks how she keeps a sharp eye out for any sign of her opponent.

OOC:
Move action: Move to G9

Standard action: Ready an action to use with empowered ego whip as soon as Varla becomes visible. Expending her psicrystal's psionic focus for the empower. Wild surge for 4. Augment ego three times for a total cost of 17 PP (3 base +12 augment +2 empower). Reduced by 4 for wild surge and 1 for torc = 12 PP from reserve.
Charisma damage: 4d4 x 1.5. Save DC 21 for half damage. Varla is dazed for 1 round on a failed save.
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 07:05
Boomlaor
Devourer

Looks like Lilith is bored of this game of cat and mouse.

Can't say I blame her, I am too. I've always preferred my slave battles with more action.

Well, you may not have to wait too long, if Varla is doing what I think she is.

Lilith moves and readies an action.

Varla
hp - 79/79
pp - 84/120
Haste - 7 rounds remaining

Lilith
hp - 74/74
65 temporary hp
pp - 121/142

Varla has 24 hours to post her round 4 action. Please also post or PM the coordinates at which you would like the power manifested last round to appear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg round 4a.jpg (81.6 KB, 1 views)
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 09:29
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Varla sees through Lilith's casual manner and knows she is in trouble, but there is no help for it. She finishes her power and a huge ectoplasmic shambler comes into being. In a flash Lilith's ego whip lashes out at Varla as she desperately uses all of her mental ability to blunt the effect.

OCC:
Finish manifesting Ectoplasmic Shambler (9PP) and place it in the following location: AB 11-14, CD 9-14, EF 9-16, GH 9-10 (That should be 10, 10' squares). Lilith will take 5 damage from the shambler.

Varla appears to Lilith's touchsight in A10. Lilith manifests Ego Whip (She needs to make a DC17 Concentration check, but she should succeed on anything but a 1.) and hits Varla with it. Varla uses her Elan Resistance ability as an immediate action to give her a +4 racial bonus to her Saves (1PP).

Will Save +17=18
If fails will use Second Chance to try again.
Will Save +17=26

If Varla is still standing after Lilith's attack I will post her next action, but there is a decent chance that she won't be.
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 09:40
SlagMortar
Wraith

OOC:
Lilith's readied ego whip:
- Concentration check: 32
- Charisma damage 13 x 1.5
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 10:30
Boomlaor
Devourer

ooc:
Lol, you guys didn't leave me much to do.

WOW! What a blur of actions! I'm not sure I even CAUGHT that all!

I know I asked for more action, but that was just insane!

Congratulations to Lilith, what a match!

Varla completes her 1 round manifestation of Ectoplasmic Shambler, which appears. Lilith is within the area of effect of the Shambler and takes 5 damage. This ends the Cloud Mind effect, which allows Lilith to locate Varla, triggering Lilith's readied action. [nota bene, as I understand the rules pertaining to a readied action, the sequence of events is as follows. Varla has completed the manifestation of Ectoplasmic Shambler which would damage Lilith. This makes Varla visible to Lilith, triggering the readied action, which takes place in the instant prior to the Shambler appearing and damaging Lilith, so no concentration check is needed] Lilith invokes wild surge for 4 and expends her psicrystal's focus to manifest augmented quickened ego whip for 19 CHA damage. Varla as an immediate action uses her Elan resistance ability. Varla will save +17 = 18 vs DC 21, auto fail. Varla uses Second Chance to re-roll. Varla will save +17 = 26 vs DC 21, saves. Varla takes 9 CHA damage, Varla is unconscious, Lilith wins.