Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 15th of November, 2008, 11:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Chapter 8: Times they are a changing...

The weary and wounded survivors of the hunt for the Wild Bunch return to Fort Griffin. Buck turns in his badge and decides to go let his wounds heal and get some company with a pretty dove. He collects the money he's earned from the bounties on the men you've killed or captured.

Jackson invites Jeb and John to join him at the Beehive Saloon for some drinks and good times.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 15th of November, 2008, 15:01
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb goes with Buck to the sheriff's office to collect his share of the bounty and to find out if the others (Doc Wheeler, Jose and Dos Santos with the prisoners) made it back.

"Jackson, I believe I will take you up on your offer. To the Beehive it is."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 19th of November, 2008, 08:04
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.66 per day)
"Me too, lead on." John says smiling. Maybe he'd get some fun in before some more killing occurred.

Maybe.
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 21st of November, 2008, 11:14
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Buck turns in his deputy badge and collects his bounty and heads out to rest and relax.

The sheriff says, "Dos Santos and Jose returned, but the Doc never made it back. We only got like 2 prisoners. Here is $100 for your share."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 21st of November, 2008, 11:17
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Beehive Saloon

Within the hive, we are alive; Good whiskey makes us funny. Get your horse tied, come inside and taste the flavor of our honey." – sign over the entrance.

Fairly sturdy and constructed mostly of wood, this square, tall structure sports some rather distinctive features. From the second story balcony overlooking the street-where "soiled doves" do their utmost to entice cowpokes inside for any number of unspeakable activities or perhaps an honest fling on the dance floor-to its peaked tin roof, the building is painted a striking vermilion, boasts two sets of front doors and has a weathered back staircase to the second floor entry, the Beehive sits at the corner of Griffin and Second Street.


Jackson, Jeb and John all mosey on upto the Beehive. The doves on the balcony wave and toss hankerchiefs at them. The three men can hear the place is obviously beginning to get a bit busier now that it's past noon. They all see soldiers, local townsfolk and new arrivals coming and going. The smell of liquor, sex and cigar smoke wafts from the doors.



Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 21st of November, 2008 at 11:20.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 26th of November, 2008, 07:34
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.66 per day)
John tries as best he can to avoid the doves and moves up to the bar keep for a cigar and whiskey.

"How long have you guys been in town then?" He nervously asks his newfound compatriots. John was never any good at small talk.
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 26th of November, 2008, 08:54
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb turns to look at John with a smirk on his face. "I just got in with you this afternoon. Don't you remember?" He raises his arm to get the bartender's attentions and winces as the wound on his shoulder is twisted awkwardly. "I wonder if they got a real doctor in this town since the doc I was riding with never made it back." Lowering his arm, he raises his voice instead. "Whiskey and one of those good ceegars over here please."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 26th of November, 2008, 09:00
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.66 per day)
"Make that two." John smiles.

"Sorry, must'a slipped my mind." John laughs, "Been pretty scattered after all this travelin' haven't had any time to rest evar since I left my home in Carolina." If you want to call prison home. John shuddered at the thought of Union prisons, but drove his mind to a murky emptyness with a drink of whiskey.

"Where you fellers from?"
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 26th of November, 2008, 11:07
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
"I'm from the Rockies. Not sure what part exactly but I'd know it when I see it again."

Jeb shakes his head involuntarily as he thinks back on his youth. "I don't know if'n I'll ever get back there, what with the fur trade dying and all. I come down here looking for better fur. I hear tell that them easterners be paying good money for buffalo hides and once I got here, I found out that the law pays even better money for outlaws. Not sure what I'll end up doing in the long run, but I figger to get me a lady to rub out these knots on my back for the night at least." Jeb's mouth splits in a wide smile. "After I loosen them up a bit with some spirits."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 30th of November, 2008, 00:21
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Elias smiles warmly, "Good day gentlemen, please step right up! Two whiskeys and 2 cigars it is, would you like anything else? Perhaps a warm body or a hot bath?"

He pours two shots of whiskey and takes out two cigars, handing one to John and Jeb.

"Would you like a tab or do you want to pay per item?" Elias looks at Jeb, "Need a doctor? Got a pretty young one just arrived 2 days ago via the coach wagon, he's very good, been taking care of some of my doves. He should be back soon, went to talk some of the others here in town about setting up shop."

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 30th of November, 2008 at 00:23.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 30th of November, 2008, 14:54
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
"Run me a tab good sir. I just got the bounty on a couple of the Wild Bunch so I got some coin to work with and I'm sure I ain't going to stop with one cigar and on shot of whiskey." Jeb grins and downs the shot in front of him. "As a matter of fact, why don't you leave a bottle right here."

Turning back to John, Jeb says, "So you're here all the way from Carolina? That's back east, ain't it? What brings you to Fort Griffin?"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 30th of November, 2008, 18:43
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.66 per day)
John smiles at the barkeep, "No, that's it for me. Thanks."

Sipping the whiskey John replies to Jeb. "The war, actually. I lost a lot from the Union and decided I better head out west, make a new start and such. You fight?"
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -

Last edited by Benicus; 30th of November, 2008 at 18:45.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 4th of December, 2008, 17:10
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb shakes his head slowly. "I did not. I hear tell it's worse than the worse you can imagine." Jeb pours another whiskey for himself. "No sir, the war didn't make it up the mountains. But the mountains.... they swallow their share of people. I imagine we'd both agree that Fort Griffin ain't nothing compared to where we been. But you know what? It took me a fair bit, but I think I'm actually beginning to like this ol' salt lick of a town."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 5th of December, 2008, 08:18
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.66 per day)
"I dunno myself. Maybe it'll grow on me." John swigs some whiskey down and takes a long drag from the cigar.

"Just maybe."
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 8th of December, 2008, 05:17
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Elias smiles at Jeb, "Sure thing, so you're one of the folks bringing those bastards to justice How good to hear!" He puts a bottle of whiskey on the bar. "On the house, the rest I'll put on your tab."

He nods to John, "Sure thing, that'll be $2 then for the shot and cigar."

Jackson buys a bottle himself and goes off to sit at a table, eyeing one of the doves who has come down from the balcony and begun dancing.


While the two drinking at the bar, a young man and a beautiful drop dead long haired redhead dressed rather nicely (stockings/heels) strides in.

((ooc: Edward and Alicia))
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 11th of December, 2008, 15:37
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb leans towards John holding the cigar. "Got a light?" He bites off the end and spits it on the floor as he waits for the light.

His eyes wandering around the saloon, Jeb can't help but notice the arrival of the redhead. "Well now. If that ain't a sight to behold. Who do you think they are?"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 12th of December, 2008, 02:59
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Edward approaches Elias quickly and waves his free hand in greeting. "Ah, Elias. I've secured financing... Alicia said you'd be the one who could help me find a place to set up."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12th of December, 2008, 04:52
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.66 per day)
"Couldn't guess." John says lighting the cigars, "Why doncha go ask?" He smiles at the absurd request.
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 13th of December, 2008, 01:59
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb takes a pull off the cigar and pulls it out of his mouth as he blows smoke into the air above himself. He smiles and decides to speak up.

"Elias? Is that your name there bartender?" Jeb waits until he sees a nod of acknowledgment before continuing. "I just got some financing too. I'll be wanting someone just as pretty as this red haired beauty a little later if you have more than just a room for them." Jeb grins at the two newcomers.

"Although I think I may finish my cigar and drink a bit more to dull the pain of this here gunshot wound on my shoulder before I settle in for the evening." Jeb exposes the crude bandages just under his deerskin jerkin, winces and takes another drink of whiskey.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 15th of December, 2008, 04:33
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Elias smiles at Edward, "Good to hear you got some funding then doctor. I'll see what I can do, how big of a place do you need?"

Alicia smiles warmly at the new patrons inside the Beehive.

Elias turns and offers a light to Jeb, but John beats him to it. "Yes, I am the owner of the Beehive. As for companionship, I know Alicia would be happy to help you there. If not personally, she can direct you to a girl." He grins as Alicia blushes and disengages herself from Edward's arm.

Alicia walks over to Jeb and twirls around for him, "Would you like a dance or something more intimate?"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 15th of December, 2008, 05:21
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Edward at first looks surprised and somewhat disappointed by Alicia's departure. He watches her display herself to the newcomer, then sighs and turns back to Elias. "Well I don't need anything too big. Just room for a few patient beds, and some room for myself."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 16th of December, 2008, 06:04
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.66 per day)
"Have fun with that." John says to his companion.

"Any rooms left, barkeep?"
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 17th of December, 2008, 11:29
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Alicia walks over to Jeb and twirls around for him, "Would you like a dance or something more intimate?"
"Actually, I was looking more for a girl that can wash my back in the bathhouse and give me a good rub down before bed. I got a few kinks that need to be worked out." Jeb smiles at Alicia. "I don't mind saying that you're awful pretty though and if I were a dancer, I'd take you up on that dance." Jeb takes a puff on his cigar before he continues. "Did I hear the bartender call that man a doctor? I could actually use a bit of doctoring too."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 23rd of December, 2008, 13:07
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Elias smiles at John and says, "Plenty of rooms available, would you like some company?" As Alicia talks with Jeb, she spins around winking at Edward before turning back to answer Jeb. "Well, we can clean you up too sir and yes, even your laundry if you like. I know a young lady who'd be happy to help you with your kinks. As for a doctor, yes, Edward is newly arrived in town and so far has proven very skilled. Would you like me to get him for you?"

Elias looks at Edward, "I'll talk with a friend of mine, think there is just such a place down by the river."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 23rd of December, 2008, 17:26
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Noticing Alicia's smile, Edwards face lights up, and he grins as well, turning to Elias, he nods, "My thanks Elias. If you're ever in need of my skills, god forbid, you only need to ask."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren