Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 27th of September, 2006, 16:28
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
While waiting for the clerk to bring out his boxes of shells, Jeb pokes around the front of the clerk's table. He looks at the sweets and on a whim, decides to take a couple pieces of the hard candy.

Clerk #2 takes Jeb's order of two boxes of ammo, "Sir that'll be $7, would you like anything else?"
"Yes sir. I'll have these two pieces of candy and..." Jeb goes over to the jerky and pulls out a good handful (about a pound). "some of this."

As he waits for the clerk to give him a new total, he continues. "How much ya payin' for buffalo hides?"
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Unread 28th of September, 2006, 02:12
nezeray's Avatar
nezeray
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1814
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 46 (0.01 per day)
After looking over the ladies, Doc Whealer will head to the sherrif's office.

Once there, he'll walk in, "I was told that you could introduce me to those gunslingers that are hunting the rest of the Wild Bunch. I'd like to join them in the hunt."
__________________
"The easy way is not always the RIGHT way." - Doc Whealer
[roll]<#d#+#>[/roll]
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Unread 29th of September, 2006, 01:35
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Lucky As he waits for the clerk to give him a new total, he continues. "How much ya payin' for buffalo hides?"
The clerk smiles and says, "Of course sir, I'll be happy to package those up for you."

He gives you a quarter pound of assorted candies and a pound of the jerky.

"That comes to $8.50. As for the buffalo hides, Mr. H.E. Chapin the manager is the one to talk to sir."

He gestures to the well dressed man who's helping DosSantos with his new duds.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Unread 29th of September, 2006, 01:38
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Jail

Originally Posted by nezeray Once there, he'll walk in, "I was told that you could introduce me to those gunslingers that are hunting the rest of the Wild Bunch. I'd like to join them in the hunt."
Jon Larn and his deputy are cleaning their guns and loading up as you walk into the jail. The sheriff nods his head, "Good day sir, you're looking for those boys? Saw them headed down the street a bit ago to York and Meyer's Outfitters, I think they're going to finish what they started. I got a few other bounties up if you're interested."
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Unread 29th of September, 2006, 01:39
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose eyes Jeb purchasing jerky and gets a sudden craving. He'll follow up behind the prospector and purchase a pound of the dried meat for himself when he pays for his ammunition.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Unread 29th of September, 2006, 01:43
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Clerk #4 takes Jose's order and goes behind the counter once the others have finished and he adds the pound of jerky in and hands the bag to Jose,. "Sir, the box of .54 shells with the jerky will be $5."
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 29th of September, 2006, 03:23
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos looks the setup over, he looks for a black flat rimmed, flat top hat with silver or steel accents (I’m not sure the name of the style of the hat, “Spanish type” he’ll wear his bandana under it)

"Do you have a Leather vest to go with that?"

Brings out some money (he is trying to show the owner he can make a big sale but is actually mainly interested in the dynamite and he is also interested in who purchased what he had)

"you sure you don’t have any sticks left, maybe you have a few, I can hold off on the clothes but the sticks I need, if you don’t have any I may need my money to find some in another store, who bought your whole stock anyway?"
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Unread 30th of September, 2006, 10:43
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
"That comes to $8.50. As for the buffalo hides, Mr. H.E. Chapin the manager is the one to talk to sir."
Jeb pulls out his money and pays for his goods and walks over to where the clerk pointed. As he waits for the manager to finish with DosSantos, he pops one of the candies into his mouth and sucks on it while letting his eyes wander around the store.

As he overhears DosSantos talking about the dynamite, he suppresses a shudder and shakes his head slowly while muttering to himself.

"I sure hope he knows what 'e's doin' with that stuff. It's dangerous even ridin' aroun' with it in this heat."

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 30th of September, 2006, 21:55
nezeray's Avatar
nezeray
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1814
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 46 (0.01 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi Jon Larn and his deputy are cleaning their guns and loading up as you walk into the jail. The sheriff nods his head, "Good day sir, you're looking for those boys? Saw them headed down the street a bit ago to York and Meyer's Outfitters, I think they're going to finish what they started. I got a few other bounties up if you're interested."
Doc W smiles and says, "Thank you sir for the information. If you'll show me the wanted posters, I'll keep an eye out for them too."

Doc will then leave and head toward York and Meyers.
__________________
"The easy way is not always the RIGHT way." - Doc Whealer
[roll]<#d#+#>[/roll]
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 1st of October, 2006, 08:03
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos "you sure you dont have any sticks left, maybe you have a few, I can hold off on the clothes but the sticks I need, if you dont have any I may need my money to find some in another store, who bought your whole stock anyway?"
H.E. Chapin smiles at DosSantos, "Yes sir, I have several fine vests and that hat looks remarkable upon you."

H.E. Chapin notices you flashing the fresh bills from your reward money, he smiles broadly, "You can get the vest, hat, boots and spurs all for $100 even."

He frowns a little as you mention the dynamite again, "What pray tell do you need those for? Are you a miner? Look like a gunslinger, or were you a soldier or are you a marshal? As for who bought them, don't rightly know offhand, but I'm sure my ledger will tell me. Most likely someone using it to mine with probably."
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 1st of October, 2006, 08:06
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Lucky s he overhears DosSantos talking about the dynamite, he suppresses a shudder and shakes his head slowly while muttering to himself.

"I sure hope he knows what 'e's doin' with that stuff. It's dangerous even ridin' aroun' with it in this heat."
The clerk thanks you very much for your business and invites you back anytime.

The candy is very sweet and sugary goodness.

The manager who is finely dressed compared to the clerk's seems very happy to be showing off such fine clothes to DosSantos and hopes to make a good sale. As you overhear the conversation about dynamite, you see Jackson take his bag of stuff, pull out one of the cigars he bought and light it.... he grins at you as he steps outside to puff.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 1st of October, 2006, 08:09
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by nezeray Doc W smiles and says, "Thank you sir for the information. If you'll show me the wanted posters, I'll keep an eye out for them too."

Doc will then leave and head toward York and Meyers.
The sheriff shows you a couple of hastily made posters showing two rather tough looking hombres, they appear to be part Mexican and part American. They got short cropped beards and moustaches. One wears a bandana. The reward for them (they're brothers) is $1000 if brought in alive, $500 if dead. They're wanted for raping and murdering that girl in the paper.

You walk upto the store, which is down the street a block or so and off the first left. You see a fellow (think Clint Eastwood from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly) step outside, his spurs chiming as he puffs a cigar and looks you over.

"Howdy."
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 1st of October, 2006, 16:05
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi H.E. Chapin smiles at DosSantos, "Yes sir, I have several fine vests and that hat looks remarkable upon you."

H.E. Chapin notices you flashing the fresh bills from your reward money, he smiles broadly, "You can get the vest, hat, boots and spurs all for $100 even."

He frowns a little as you mention the dynamite again, "What pray tell do you need those for? Are you a miner? Look like a gunslinger, or were you a soldier or are you a marshal? As for who bought them, don't rightly know offhand, but I'm sure my ledger will tell me. Most likely someone using it to mine with probably."
DosSantos thinks for a moment
he was thinking of working something out but knowing hes trying to take advantage of just rubs him the wrong way he thought he could play the game but his temperment not for that, he decides to back off before his temper gets out of hand

"thats alright
Ill just take the box of ammo"
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 2nd of October, 2006, 01:06
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
"I'd definately like to fire her." Buck steps out back with the shotgun and quick fires a dozen rounds. If the test-session is smooth he'll return to the counter to negotiate.

"She's a fine gun indeed. Whatcha want fer her?"
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Unread 2nd of October, 2006, 06:40
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington "I'd definately like to fire her." Buck steps out back with the shotgun and quick fires a dozen rounds. If the test-session is smooth he'll return to the counter to negotiate.

"She's a fine gun indeed. Whatcha want fer her?"
The clerk smiles as you follow him through a door out back at a little firing range, you blast off a dozen rounds, blowin' holes in the parchment/dummies setup.

The shotgun is double barrelled with dual triggers and hammers, so they can fire together or independently. (it's the Hartford Cowboy Shotgun per OGL WW)

The clerk smiles, "She's a beauty, one of the last we have, she's normally $45, but since you and your friends are buying a good bit here today, I'll cut you deal for $40 even that includes the shells which I'll throw in free."

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 2nd of October, 2006 at 06:45.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Unread 2nd of October, 2006, 06:44
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos "thats alright Ill just take the box of ammo"
H.E. Chapin seems a little surprised at you not taking the generous offer for his fine wares and as you head to the counter to get the box of ammo, he follows and says, "Now now good sir, please pardon my curiousity, I am sorry if I offended, here, take the hat on me if you still don't want the other items, at least allow me to invite you back. I'm sure we can work something out. While you're here, I can check my ledger and see who bought those sticks if you're still interested in knowing."
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Unread 2nd of October, 2006, 07:36
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos turns to H.E

yea it'll help if youd told me who bought the sticks;

Look to be honest I dont know how much the set up is worth, it very well may be that thems worth that much, but I do know what I have to do to get that kind of cash and it dont seem right
I like the set up and money not worth much if you can end up dead tomorrow so its not about the money, it just dont seem fair,
I know you have to make money its only fair but I just want to pay whats fair
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Unread 5th of October, 2006, 02:00
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
York and Meyers

[quote=Belkregos]I like the set up and money not worth much if you can end up dead tomorrow so its not about the money, it just don’t seem fair,
I know you have to make money its only fair but I just want to pay what’s fair[/quote]

Mr. Chapin smiles at you and nods his head, putting on his glasses as he goes to get the ledger off the counter and begins flipping the pages, musing as he does so. "I'll gladly work with you, I could use some help guarding some shipments of property and supplies to some of the outlying farms and customers I have. If you'd like all those clothes, I'll sell the boots, spurs, vest and hat to you for $85 and throw in the shells for free."

He flips few more pages, "Ahhhh, yes, looks like the dynamite was bought by two different gentlemen, one signed "Jackson", the other is signed "Billy" Looks like Billy bought 2 cases and Jackson bought the remaining bit we had left in a 3rd case. Billy bought the sticks about a week ago, Jackson bought them just a couple of days ago. I've not ordered anymore since they're hard to come by nowadays without a serious buyer or cash upfront. Would you like to order some?"

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 10th of October, 2006 at 08:12.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Unread 7th of October, 2006, 05:54
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos smiles as he recognizes one of the names on the ledger

he counts the cash and puts it in the counter and says as he starts to put on the vest and setup

you know who this Billy is?

looks trough the counter

can I get one of those cigars?

lights it up as he checks the fit on his vest and boots
Ill pass on making a special order but if you get any youll have a client on at least a couple of sticks
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Unread 10th of October, 2006, 08:17
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos Ill pass on making a special order but if you get any youll have a client on at least a couple of sticks
Mr. Chapin smiles as he takes the cash from DosSantos and looks at him,

"As for Billy? Alas, no I'm sorry I really don't know who he is, but he looked like he meant business, carried several gun belts and pistols on him and had several tough looking fellows with him. I really didn't want to sell him the dynamite, figuring he might not put it to proper use. I really hope he's not part of those outlaws causing all the trouble. Sure you can have a cigar."

Hands you one out of the box. He nods as you mention you'd take some should he get anymore. "I'll make sure to keep some aside for you if I do get anymore in."

He comes out and does some minor adjustments to the clothes so they fit really good.

"Look like you're ready to either day the governor's daughter or scare down a army of Indian's."
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 03:26
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose leans over to DosSantos and says, "I promised I'd meet Dr. London at the saloon. Make sure Poncho waits for us, por favor?"

With that, Jose heads out of the store and makes a line for the saloon.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 08:30
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
As Jeb watches Mr. Chapin adjust the fit of the clothes on DosSantos, he clears his throat.

"Excuse me sir. I was wondering how much you're paying for buffalo hides?"
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 12:33
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Buck soon returns to the counter to negotiate a suitable price for the shotgun. "What'd'ya want fer her pardner? Give's me some whiskey and some of that thar jerky. What kind o' whiskey you carry 'round these parts?"
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 13:01
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Doc London smiles and nods his head at Jose as the young gambler enters the saloon.

"Mighty fine coffee here, I almost feel human again. Can I buy you a cup?"

He orders another cup without waiting for an answer, and turns back to his trusty shotgun, which he is lovingly polishing with a silk handkerchief.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Unread 12th of October, 2006, 01:31
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
York and Meyers

Originally Posted by Lucky "Excuse me sir. I was wondering how much you're paying for buffalo hides?"
Mr. Chapin blinks hearing Jeb clear his throat, he looks over at the mountain man, smiling, "Well howdy sir, buffalo hides you say? How many do you have and can I see them? I will pay you $1 a hide."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren