Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 16th of September, 2006, 23:54
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
When the gunslingers who fought off the cowboys get back to Jose's room. Buck produces the coin for counting. After dividing it evenly between those who survived the shootout, Buck turns to each of his new aquaintences and starts speaking in his gravelly voice.

"Fellars, I'm a thinkin' that thars a lot of work left fer us to do. Lots of killin' left to be done. Some of us might not return. So enjoy this last moment of yer freedom, 'cause we're at war with those cowboys now. We best hunt em down, 'fore they come lookin' fer us."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 17th of September, 2006, 06:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
“ Originally Posted by Boomlaor [/color]
Doc shakes his head no and leans both elbows up on the counter as he begins to sip the black drink. As the dove approaches him, he runs an eye briefly over her from head to toe. "My dear young lady, thank you, but no. I'm affraid that I've spent quite some time tending to young soldiers who have received unwanted 'gifts' from such an one as yourself." He finishes his coffee, an eye on the door.
”
The bartender chuckles as the Doc shakes his head, watching him sit and sip the coffee. The coffee is very strong and rich.

The dove frowns and then smiles at the doctor, "Alright good sir, you have a fine day." She shakes her hips as she goes.

The bartender then leans over the bar as he wipes it down.

"My girls are clean, however, if you'd like to check them out, I would welcome your professional advice."
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 17th of September, 2006, 06:38
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Jackson nods, "Aye, I reckon' you're right, especially since the bounty on those survivors has doubled now since we killed the others and brought in that one. I think I'll stock up on some ammo and such and whenever you want to get movin' I'm ready."

[ooc: Everyone gets $200 even]
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 17th of September, 2006, 11:50
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
"Extra ammunition sounds like a good idea," the young Californian replies. "We should stock up on what we think we need and head out in an hour."
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 17th of September, 2006, 20:05
nezeray's Avatar
nezeray
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1814
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 46 (0.01 per day)
Doc Whealer wanders into the bar, appearing quite bored, "Barkeep, what's there to do around here for fun? I'm afraid there hasn't been much need of my sugical skills since I setup shop here."

Doc Whealer.
__________________
"The easy way is not always the RIGHT way." - Doc Whealer
[roll]<#d#+#>[/roll]
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 19th of September, 2006, 00:20
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
"Well, well. Afore long, it seems this town will have more physicians than it does residents."

He stands and bows slightly to the newcomer.

"Dr. Robert S. London, M.D., at your service. Judging by the talk that's been going around," he points at a newspaper sitting on the bar, "I'd say that three doctors in this town may very soon not be too many. Barkeep, another cup of this fine coffee for my colleague here."
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 19th of September, 2006, 22:46
nezeray's Avatar
nezeray
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1814
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 46 (0.01 per day)
“ Originally Posted by Boomlaor "Well, well. Afore long, it seems this town will have more physicians than it does residents."

He stands and bows slightly to the newcomer.

"Dr. Robert S. London, M.D., at your service. Judging by the talk that's been going around," he points at a newspaper sitting on the bar, "I'd say that three doctors in this town may very soon not be too many. Barkeep, another cup of this fine coffee for my colleague here."
”
Tipping his hat, "Thanks for the coffee, as for us outnumbering the residents, you can never have too many doctors." taking a drink, "This is excellant. I feel like I could join a possie and track down the James gang."
__________________
"The easy way is not always the RIGHT way." - Doc Whealer
[roll]<#d#+#>[/roll]
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 20th of September, 2006, 01:56
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
“ Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit "Extra ammunition sounds like a good idea," the young Californian replies. "We should stock up on what we think we need and head out in an hour."
”
Jackson nods, "Alright, well I'm off to shop then, see you gents at the stables in an hour."

Jackson takes his money and goes out to the York and Meyer's Outfitter's shop first.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 20th of September, 2006, 01:59
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
“ Originally Posted by nezeray Doc Whealer wanders into the bar, appearing quite bored, "Barkeep, what's there to do around here for fun? I'm afraid there hasn't been much need of my sugical skills since I setup shop here." ”
You enter the saloon where an older gentleman is sitting mulling over a big cup of coffee at the bar. The lovely dove fluttering around comes up and shakes her wares at you.

The owner/bartender is stacking some glasses he just washed. "Well sir, there is always something to be done, the soldiers protect us from those foul Indians and sometimes others, but lots of gunslingers come here, so you will find some business, always a shootout over cards, dice or women eventually."

He gets you a cup of coffee and says, "Would you like something else sir?"
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 20th of September, 2006, 04:54
nezeray's Avatar
nezeray
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1814
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 46 (0.01 per day)
“ Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi You enter the saloon where an older gentleman is sitting mulling over a big cup of coffee at the bar. The lovely dove fluttering around comes up and shakes her wares at you.

The owner/bartender is stacking some glasses he just washed. "Well sir, there is always something to be done, the soldiers protect us from those foul Indians and sometimes others, but lots of gunslingers come here, so you will find some business, always a shootout over cards, dice or women eventually."

He gets you a cup of coffee and says, "Would you like something else sir?"
”
Doc Whealer looks around wondering how the food is, "You wouldn't happen to have steak and eggs on the menu would ya? Breakfast is the best medicine in the morning." After another sip of coffee, "Gunslingers you say? When will these boys grow up. There are more deserving people for bullets, and I'm sure the sherif has a list of them."
__________________
"The easy way is not always the RIGHT way." - Doc Whealer
[roll]<#d#+#>[/roll]
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 22nd of September, 2006, 01:20
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
“ Originally Posted by nezeray Doc Whealer looks around wondering how the food is, "You wouldn't happen to have steak and eggs on the menu would ya? Breakfast is the best medicine in the morning." After another sip of coffee, "Gunslingers you say? When will these boys grow up. There are more deserving people for bullets, and I'm sure the sherif has a list of them." ”
The owner of the saloon smiles and nods, "Indeed we can whip you up something, its not quite as good as the resturant's fare down the street, but Maria will make it worth your wild if you like."

He gestures to the fine latino girl that has been flirting with you.

"Aye, we got a bunch of gunslingers in town, a day or two ago, several of them helped defend Jake's ranch, heard they shot and killed some of those hoodlums from the Wild Bunch. Sheriff said they even brought one back alive. They probably got the reward money. I'm betting they go back after the rest of those scum. They were in here drinking and gambling last night, one or two even had a roll with a dove or two.", he grins

Maria says softly and pouts prettily at the doc, "The gambler is a preacher's son, he's fine, but wouldn't touch me. Perhaps Maria show you a good time?"

The bartender then tells the cook in the back to do up a steak and eggs plate for you.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 00:13
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Doc London settles back on his stool and sips his coffee while reading the paper. As he scans the first page he says to no one in particular,

"Now, I tell you, that is a cryin' shame. A cryin' shame. One of these here young ladies was attacked and killed just last night. I believe I'll have to look into that a bit later on. I recon the boys'll help me out with this after we take care of their business."
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 11:10
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb pulls a rabbit skin pouch out of his shirt and puts his share of the bounty into it.

"Ok then. I will also be at the stables in an hour, ready to go. I don't think it will be safe to travel around here until this outlaws are dealt with. This is the most money I've ever had but I ain't opposed to getting more."

Jeb grins. "I just hope they're out of dynamite. That was the most scared I been in my life when I saw them running with the fuse burnin'"

Jeb heads out to find some ammo.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 15:37
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Buck stows his cash in more that one pocket, and follows Jeb down to get some extra gear and a bottle of whiskey. Before stepping out onto the street his checks to make sure his pistols are ready before reaching the bright light of the street.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 24th of September, 2006, 01:12
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose checks his ammo and thinks he has enough for the rifle, but decides to purchase another hundred.

Once done, he'll check in with the old Army surgeon at the saloon.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 24th of September, 2006, 02:47
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Shopping

There are several shops that might sell ammo and supplies in Fort Griffin, Jackson heads first to the York and Meyer's Outfitter's shop.

Buck checks his pistols and stows his money all over his person. He walks out into the bright nearly noon sun.

Jeb so happy to be richer than he's ever been pockets his share and goes with Buck.

Jose feels inclined to go as well.

Do ya'll go with Jackson or somewhere else?

[ooc: see map/layout and let me know]
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 24th of September, 2006, 02:51
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Saloon

“ Originally Posted by Boomlaor look into that a bit later on. I recon the boys'll help me out with this after we take care of their business." ”
The owner of the saloon looks up and nods, "Yes, that is a shame, most of the violence doesn't usually end up hurting our citizens as we deal out justice swift here considering we got an army fort nearby, whomever harmed that girl is going to hang if he's not shot first. Well if either of you doctors would like to check the health of my girls I'd appreciate it and would be willing to cover the cost of any food or beverage you might like today.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 24th of September, 2006, 03:38
nezeray's Avatar
nezeray
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1814
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 46 (0.01 per day)
“ Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi The owner of the saloon looks up and nods, "Yes, that is a shame, most of the violence doesn't usually end up hurting our citizens as we deal out justice swift here considering we got an army fort nearby, whomever harmed that girl is going to hang if he's not shot first. Well if either of you doctors would like to check the health of my girls I'd appreciate it and would be willing to cover the cost of any food or beverage you might like today. ”
"Well, that's mighty nice of you. I';; take a look at the ladies but I can't stay too long. I'd like to join up with those gents rounding up the Wild Bunch.

Maybe I can get that food and drink later in the week."

Doc W will look over the ladies, then meet up with the hunters.
__________________
"The easy way is not always the RIGHT way." - Doc Whealer
[roll]<#d#+#>[/roll]
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 24th of September, 2006, 10:07
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
As Jeb steps back out into the morning light, he looks up and down the street to make sure there's no trouble brewing. Since it appears that they all need a bit of ammo, Jeb will head out with the others. He doesn't have any particular shops he needs to frequent, but he does want to buy another box of bullets for each of his guns (Sharps Rifle .52 and Remmington-Elliot .22).

Jeb will also be on the lookout for any shops that look like they deal in buffalo furs since that's the reason he originally came down to the Flats.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 27th of September, 2006, 01:32
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
“ Originally Posted by nezeray Maybe I can get that food and drink later in the week."

Doc W will look over the ladies, then meet up with the hunters.
”
"I'm sure the sheriff can direct you to where those gunslingers are, I've not seen them since this morning. Sure I'll make sure you're taken care of doc if you take care of my girls."

You go up and spend an hour or so looking over the half dozen doves he has working, they all appear to be in very good heal and pretty darn well taken care of. Several of them flirt and offer you a good time if you return.

[ooc: where too?]
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 27th of September, 2006, 01:43
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
York and Meyer's Outfitter's

“ Originally Posted by Lucky Jeb will also be on the lookout for any shops that look like they deal in buffalo furs since that's the reason he originally came down to the Flats. ”
Everyone follows Jackson since no one had any particular place in mind and he enters York and Meyer's Outfitters.

He begins looking over the Clerk's Counter with its guns and ammo. One of the clerk's smiles and says, "Can I help you sir?"

As Jeb walks in and begins looking around, the clerk behind the counter calls for help and another fellow comes out and approaches Jeb,

"Can I help you sir?"

Both men are about late teens, strong and athletic wearing work pants, shirts, aprons and in general good appearance.


The place appears to have a little of everything an adventurer, gunslinger, citizen or traveler could want.

[ooc: See information under Places of Interest, Flat]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 27th of September, 2006 at 02:01.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 27th of September, 2006, 08:51
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Buck walks in calmly and takes a look around, a store such as this is unheard of down near Waterloo on the Colorado river. His eyes roam over the shelves searching for some ammo before his attention turns to the helpful clerk.

"I'll be needing a bunch of fourty-five shells, a twelve guage, and some shotgun shells. I've been fancyin' the Hartford cowboy model. You have 'un?"
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 27th of September, 2006, 08:58
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose waits his turn, then adds, "One-hundred rounds of .54 for a Spencer carbine, por favor."
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Unread 27th of September, 2006, 09:25
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos looks around the stores supplies and asks the Clerk

"I’d like a couple of sticks of dynamite, more like a dozen,
2 boxes of .45"

he looks at his dusty boots
"you got some good boots and hat here?
how bout some spurs?"

looks trough what they have picking some real nice black boots and spurs, a black hat
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 27th of September, 2006, 11:20
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
As the two clerks talk to Jackson and Jeb, they see the others come in and they both holler for "help" and several more employees come out from the office in the back along with one of the owners.

They all smile warmly to Buck, DosSantos and Jose and begin seeing about helping them.

The owner goes to DosSantos since he is looking over some of the fine clothing styles on display.

"Yes sir we can certainly fit you with a new hat and boots. Come this way and let me take your measure. The fancy hat, boots and spurs comes to $50." He goes to get the boxes of ammo after the other clerks are done and says, "I've no dynamite, all sold out, but I could try to order some if you like, what you be needin' it for? The ammo will come to $6 and with the clothes that'll be a grand total of $56."


Clerk #1 takes Jackon's order and he buys several boxes of ammo, some cigars and some other items.

Clerk #2 takes Jeb's order of two boxes of ammo, "Sir that'll be $7, would you like anything else?"

Clerk #3 takes Buck's order for some ammo and goes behind the counter to get it. "We got all of that sir, would you like a box of the .45 and shotgun shells? That'll be $5 for the two boxes of shells." He moves behind the counter to take one of the shotguns off the wall rack to let Buck inspect it. "We got a range out back if you'd like to fire it."

Clerk #4 takes Jose's order and goes behind the counter once the others have finished. "Sir, the box of .54 shells will be $4."

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 27th of September, 2006 at 12:04.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren