Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 28th of February, 2006, 09:00
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
"Caballeros," Jose says as the soldiers push away from the table. He's stiffens up slightly when Marcia hangs on his arm, but forces himself to relax as he reaches the table and maneuvers the dove to an adjacent chair before taking his own seat.

"Is there anything on the ranch, amigo?"
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Unread 28th of February, 2006, 15:15
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Dr. London walks slowly into the room, weary from a long day of travel. His awkward gait takes him to the bar and he is accutely aware of every eye in the room on him. He takes sardonic pleasure in the angry stares he gets from the soldiers in the room, glaring at his grey dress uniform. He inclines his head slightly to the room in general, and turns to the bartendner.

"I don' suppose you've got a nice old bottle of scotch hidden somewhere 'round here, now do you?"

As the man fetches him his drink, he saunters over to the cowboys sitting around the table and peers at Buck's wound. He leans on his cane and says,

"Good ev'nin' gentlemen. It appears that no matter where you go in this day and age, you find men shot up by other men. I must say though, whoever patched you up this time seems to have done right by you."

He eases himself into a chair at the next table, and with a satisfied sigh raises his glass of scotch.

"Your health, gentlemen."

[edit: ooc I would have sworn that I put "at the next table" in before, but I guess I didn't. Fixed now.]

Last edited by Boomlaor; 1st of March, 2006 at 03:10.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Unread 1st of March, 2006, 02:33
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose tilts his head slightly with confusion as the stranger imposes himself on the table and sits. He understands the anger that resides just below the surface of the country, still healing its wounds from the most recent bloodshed in the name of emancipation and the states rights.

The young Californian also understands that the stranger just put the entire group in some measure of danger and increased scrutiny by sitting with them.

"Perdón, doctor," he says quietly. "Perhaps the uniform you wear is not appropriate for a public gathering so near Fort Griffin?"

If he gets questioning glances from the others, Jose adds, "His rank trim is black. Doesn't that mean he was a Confederate surgeon?"
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Unread 1st of March, 2006, 13:30
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
"You, sir, are very perceptive, and are indeed correct. I had the honor of serving in the army of South Carolina as the head surgeon under General Gage. That terrible conflict is now, blessedly, over, and I pray God Almighty that I may never again need to amputate the limb of another young man who's body has been broken by another man."

He turns to the large group of soldiers

"And while I must admit, I take some amusement in your discomfort at the sight of this uniform, I do not care to be the instigator of even a lesser conflict in this fine establishment, and so I will take my leave."

He upends his glass and finishes the scotch, tosses some coins on the bar to pay for his drink and hobbles out of the bar. He awkwardly mounts and heads on down to Pete's Livery to secure lodging for Jefferson, then crosses the street to Planter's Hotel, where he requests a room and a hot bath.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Unread 5th of March, 2006, 16:11
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb finishes his steak and pushes back his chair. He hadn't had a chance to offer any words before the rebel surgeon disappeared.

"I thought the war was over. Is there really that much hate out there yet? I'd have thought that most people would want a good doctor close by."
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Unread 6th of March, 2006, 14:54
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
"He seemed to know his business. B'sides thar's lots o' rebs hanging round these parts. They're still holdin' onto their pride." Buck actually feels better after hearing the rebel surgeon's duplicate prognosis.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 7th of March, 2006, 03:32
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Marcia notices Jose's reaction and smiles, but doesn't press herself closer, she sits in the adjacent chair he pulls up and listens.

The soldiers in the Beehive all eye the newcomer in the old grey conferate uniform, but they don't seem to do anything just yet, watching him sit with the cowboys for a bit then as he leaves a few chime a remark or two.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 7th of March, 2006 at 03:39.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Unread 7th of March, 2006, 03:34
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Boomlaor "I don' suppose you've got a nice old bottle of scotch hidden somewhere 'round here, now do you?"
Elias Bennington smiles at the old man with the grey dress uniform and says, "Welcome to Fort Griffin and the Beehive Saloon good sir, indeed I do have some scotch, that'll be 2 dollars a shot."
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 7th of March, 2006, 03:38
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Boomlaor He upends his glass and finishes the scotch, tosses some coins on the bar to pay for his drink and hobbles out of the bar. He awkwardly mounts and heads on down to Pete's Livery to secure lodging for Jefferson, then crosses the street to Planter's Hotel, where he requests a room and a hot bath.
The dozen or so soldiers in the Beehive do eye you rather suspiciously some talking outloud about how "Dixie went down in flames."

As you finish your drink and head out the bartender/owner smiles at you and bids you goodday.

You ride down to the Livery and Pete smiles, "Welcome good sir, how long you staying?"

Planter's Hotel's owner looks at you and says, "Sir, you do know that uniform might get you killed here? We do have rooms, do you have non Conderate money?"
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Unread 7th of March, 2006, 05:41
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
You ride down to the Livery and Pete smiles, "Welcome good sir, how long you staying?"

"Well, judging by the reception I've received It may not be long atall. However, I do suppose that a bit more discretion on my part would not be all together uncalled for. I intend to be here for at least a week before moving on however, so I'll pay for that long at this point."

Planter's Hotel's owner looks at you and says, "Sir, you do know that uniform might get you killed here? We do have rooms, do you have non Conderate money?"

"I do indeed have some of these here 'greenbacks.' " He continues with a knowing smile, "Though I can't for the life of me understand why folks aren't interested in the riches I have. And as to the uniform, I have never once ceased to do something of which I am proud merely upon the urgings of others. However, perhaps at this point it would indeed be wise for me to wear less of this fine acoutrement."

He pays for a room for a week and heads upstairs to wash the grime of travel off. When he dresses afterward, he dresses in a civilian suit, though he retains his uniform hat. He strolls down to sutton's restaurant and asks for a table.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 03:44
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
"I hope my comments didn't offend him. He seemed like a nice-enough caballero," Jose admits.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 08:58
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit "I hope my comments didn't offend him. He seemed like a nice-enough caballero," Jose admits.
“I’d think we’d known if you’d offended him, didn’t seem the kind to suffer in silence”
“Th’night jus’tarting, maybe he’ll be back”
“He’d be handy if them wildboys come around”

Puts down the news paper
“Looks like that phineus feller did us right” smiles
“he’ll be writing tomorrow bout how much fun we had in this here saloon”
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 10:07
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
“he’ll be writing tomorrow bout how much fun we had in this here saloon”
"Yea, it does look like this here place don't really get busy till after dark. I wonder if much fighting goes on?"
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 00:28
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
"Thar's lots of them Rebs down near Waterloo. But that fellar must have Cajones the size of watermelons to wander into this town wearing them rags."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 02:35
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington "Thar's lots of them Rebs down near Waterloo. But that fellar must have Cajones the size of watermelons to wander into this town wearing them rags."
with a smile DosSanros takes a drink and says
"Or be as stuborn as Matilda"
his smile wider
"no offense to Matilda there Jeb"
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 03:36
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Boomlaor e pays for a room for a week and heads upstairs to wash the grime of travel off. When he dresses afterward, he dresses in a civilian suit, though he retains his uniform hat. He strolls down to sutton's restaurant and asks for a table.
Pete nods and smiles, "Well I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay in the Flat and if you need anything let me know, I'll take good care of your horse." He accepts the money for the whole week and sees about getting her settled in a stable stall and brushed/fed/watered.

At Planter's Hotel, Mr. Planter just smiles and says, "I'm sure someone might like your riches, just ask around, there are likely someone willing to listen. Just be careful of the Fort and the soldiers though, they might not listen to well. He smiles as you prepay for awhole week and nods, "I'll make sure you get some company good sir for your bath, I have a fine lady named Laura who'll be right up to prepare it for you."
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 03:38
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Sutton's Restaurant

Originally Posted by Boomlaor travel off. When he dresses afterward, he dresses in a civilian suit, though he retains his uniform hat. He strolls down to sutton's restaurant and asks for a table.
After your lovely hot bath and cleanup with Laura you dress and come down the street to the restaurant, which looks to be a very respectable place.

You enter and are greeted by a hostess in a black evening gown and heels, she smiles and says, "Good evening sir, a table for one?"
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 03:41
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Beehive Saloon

Originally Posted by Lucky
"Yea, it does look like this here place don't really get busy till after dark. I wonder if much fighting goes on?"
Poncho grins, "Oh once the drink flows and the gambling and whoring starts it'll get more rough in here, you want a good fight do you? I'm itching to go collect and finish those "Wild Boys" off. I was a soldier once myself, and that doctor brought back some memories, hope he watches his back, that uniform might get him killed or beat up bad."

He puffs his cigar some more, the girl who's been milling over him for a few hours now still sitting on his knee. She bats her eyes at Jeb and the others. "You boys decided if you're partying with us or not?"
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Unread 13th of March, 2006, 03:52
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
"Or be as stuborn as Matilda"
his smile wider
"no offense to Matilda there Jeb"
Jeb smiles back. "No offense taken. But don't say that around Matilda or you might get a hoof square upside your head."

She bats her eyes at Jeb and the others. "You boys decided if you're partying with us or not?"
Well, I did my whoring early. I'm done eating... so I guess it's time to start drinking and see what happens next. Unless the rest of you all want to turn in early tonite and head out to track down the rest of that Wild Bunch at daybreak."

Last edited by Lucky; 13th of March, 2006 at 03:55.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Unread 13th of March, 2006, 10:21
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
"I tried sleepin', but these floors don't do much to keep my room quiet. I reckon I'll sit it out down here fer a while. I could use some of that rotgut whiskey y'all've been hangin' onto."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Unread 15th of March, 2006, 13:18
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi You enter and are greeted by a hostess in a black evening gown and heels, she smiles and says, "Good evening sir, a table for one?"
"why yes please. I must say I'm quite hungry. May I check my hat with you?"

Doc orders the special, and eats it slowly, savoring every bite. As he finishes, he heaves a relieved sigh and ambles slowly toward the door, leaving sufficient to cover his meal and a generous tip on the table, and requests his hat.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Unread 1st of April, 2006, 03:34
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Lucky Well, I did my whoring early. I'm done eating... so I guess it's time to start drinking and see what happens next. Unless the rest of you all want to turn in early tonite and head out to track down the rest of that Wild Bunch at daybreak."
The dove smiles at Jeb, "The one you had is very good girl, she's pretty fine ain't she?" She then gets up and goes to refill everyone's drinks from the bar.

Poncho smirks, "Well, I'm open to either decision personally. I like drinkin and I like getting money too."

The dove brings a round of whiskey for everyone and then looks at Poncho who grins at her and flips a coin into her corset. She smiles broadly and goes back to his lap as he pats his dual pistols. "Damn girl, my guns are heating up."
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 1st of April, 2006, 03:37
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Boomlaor leaving sufficient to cover his meal and a generous tip on the table, and requests his hat.
"Of course good sir, I'll take that for you and put it with the others.", she smiles and hangs up his hat with some others on a hat stand near the door.

The special is a steak/potatoes plate with some fresh carrots. The hostess smiles as you leave and hands you the hat back, several other patrons leaving eye you and your hat.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Unread 1st of April, 2006, 12:42
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose finds himself relaxing a little more with the Latina by his side, and slowly sips his whiskey as he listens in the conversation and makes small talk with whomever engages him.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Unread 12th of May, 2006, 01:29
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
The latino girl smiles and presses herself closer to Jose, nudging his knee with her hand and speaks to him, "Would you like to go upstairs and enjoy some time?"

The poncho wearing fellow decides to take his dove and bids everyone goodnight.

Jeb, Dosantos continue to play a few games and talk away before finding a room for the night.

[ooc: am assuming everyone turns in and gets some rest]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren