Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 13th of July, 2005, 01:46
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Chapter 3: The Flat and beyond....

After a relatively pleasant ride from the Big Jake's Ranch in the early morning light you return to the Flat and sheriff John Larn directs DosSantos and the others to take Buck to Dr. Culver's house and the drug store.

"Good luck Buck, I'll see ya'll when you're settled in if you want, I'll be at the jail."

He then leads the prisoner to the Picket Jail and goes about his business.

Poncho nods, "I'll see you soon sheriff about that bounty, but for now I'm off for a bath and such, see ya'll later."

He then rides off towards one off towards Earl's Shave and Bath house.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 14th of July, 2005, 03:47
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos dismounts and takes the reigns of Dorado in his hand, nods to the sheriff and tips his hat back,



“We’ll go to the bonesaw, might take a while to get Buck patched up, It’ll take more than that to hold down a man like buck, don’t run for the priest just yet (smiles)

What was it you said Buck, “salt and vinegar” (smiles) the bonesaw might have some of that”



Turns to Poncho and by his body language seems to assume Jose is going to the doctor as well

“Guess well catch up to you at the sherriff’s, we might get that card game going yet”



Then looks at Jeb;

“Might be good for you to ride with us, I know you’re new to the town and we are too, but we know of a good place to take care of Matilda, we can go after the Bonesaw.”

Last edited by Belkregos; 14th of July, 2005 at 07:19.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 14th of July, 2005, 07:06
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Jose nods to the sherriff, then drops his horse off at the livery before returning to his room and dropping face first onto the bed, exhausted. He awakes nearly an hour later, bolting upright and grabbing for his gun in anticipation of defending himself from a phantom enemy.

Haunted by the life he took last night, Jose kneels in prayer to ease his spirit. He then grabs his bible and walks over to the bath house to refresh his body and take his mind off the fire fight.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 14th of July, 2005, 13:04
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
“Might be good for you to ride with us, I know you’re new to the town and we are too, but we know of a good place to take care of Matilda, we can go after the Bonesaw.”
Jeb looks over and nods. "That sounds like a good plan. Then after we done all that, I'd like to buy you guys a drink...with them fellers' money. I figger that's a good use o' that coin they left us." Jeb grins as he continues. "I don't know about cards tho, I'm not one for games of chance."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 17th of July, 2005, 05:30
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
The ride back to the flat is pleasant in the early morning Texas sun though the pain in his shoulder has grown exponentially now that the adreneline rush has worn off. The young Texan has little to say as he gently steers Suzy toward the doctors place. He eases down from his mare, tethers her to the porchrail, and walks slowly toward the steps leading to the wooden door of the makeshift hopsital.
"Doc I'm pretty banged up, ya thinkin' ya could patch me up quick like? There's more business I gots to see to before tonight."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 18th of July, 2005, 06:00
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
From stables to different places

After you secure your horse at the stables, Poncho nods to DosSantos as he mentions the card game and says,

"Aye, sounds good, game is definitely one once I get some of that bounty. See you pardners soon, definitely need to get cleaned up some from that gunfight last night."

He walks down to the Earl's.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 18th of July, 2005, 06:11
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Earl's Shave and Bath house

The barber sign and striped pole on the outside signifies the shave and bath house run by Earl'. It's a clean and well build looking permanent building here.

Poncho's spurs ring as he walks up the steps with his heavy booted feet and enters, the little bell by the door chiming as he opens it.

Earl smiles and nods, "Welcome, what'll it be mister?"

Poncho, "A shave and a hot bath."

Earl smiles and sharpens his hand razor, "That'll be $1 for the bath and shave, you can hang your coat there and have a seat."

Shortly after a bit of a shave, Poncho is taking a hot bath prepared by Earl's assistance a midget named Marco.

When Jose shows up, Earl smiles at him and says, "Welcome good sir, what can I do for you?"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 18th of July, 2005, 06:16
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Dr. Culver's House

>"Doc I'm pretty banged up, ya thinkin' ya could patch me up quick like? There's more >business I gots to see to before tonight.

The house is another permanent looking building here, build solid and the door chimes as you enter.... Dr. Culver's stands up seeing you grimacing and stumbling into his place.

He's a well dressed man and adjusts his spectacles and says, "Sure thing mister, please come into my examination room and tell me what's wrong?"

He then directs you to a room marked off by a curtain and enters, directing you to sit/lay on an exmination table and he takes off his suit jacket and grabs his bag from a table nearby and some other items.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 19th of July, 2005, 02:16
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
... When Jose shows up, Earl smiles at him and says, "Welcome good sir, what can I do for you?"...

"A shave and hot bath, por favor," the young Californian replies with a smile as he removes his hat with his bible-laden hand and runs his fingers through his dust-covered hair. "
¿Cuánto es ése?"
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 19th of July, 2005, 05:37
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
As they walk in the doctors place DosSantos stays quiet and tries not to get in Bucks way, he knows he is hurting but thinks Buck would not want to show weakness, so after getting inside decides to give them some space,



“Buck, I’ll be outside with Dorado and Matilda"
(puts 10 dlls worth of gold coins in the table)
"Hope this helps with the bill, let me know if we need to pull some more gold together”



walks outside, if Jeb is outside or comes out DosSantos will use the time to continue the conversation from the barn;

looks at Jeb then back at the Doc house

“he’s made of rough hide, he’ll be ok, patched up and good fer the next ride”
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 19th of July, 2005, 09:39
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
"Thanks DosSantos. Say I just wanna let you know that yer the closest person I've had to a friend, 'sides Suzy, at least since I left Waterloo. If'n something happens to me while the Doc is sawin' I'd be obliged if you'll take care of Suzy and take care of my things."
Buck grasps the spaniard's arm as he speaks steadily in his thick southern drawl.

After DosSantos head out front Mr. Acuff walks over to the table and eases down onto his side.

"Doc one of them cowboys got lucky with his six shooter last night and plugged me real good, I've haven't been myself today."

His pale face and clammy skin glisten with sweat as waits for the worst.

"Make it quick if you would Doc."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 29th of July, 2005, 01:17
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit "A shave and hot bath, por favor," the young Californian replies with a smile as he removes his hat with his bible-laden hand and runs his fingers through his dust-covered hair. "¿Cuánto es ése?"
Earl notes the bible laden hand and the young man, and goes about prepping his barber's chair and puts a apron on and a shaving bib on Jose as he sits in the chair.

Earl smiles and nods, "I do understand a little of your tongue good sir, but glad you speak some English too. I would be happy to see to your shave and bath, that'll be $2. Do you want a dry or wet shave?"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 29th of July, 2005, 01:20
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Dr. Culver's House

Originally Posted by Belkregos (puts 10 dlls worth of gold coins in the table)
Originally Posted by Belkregos "Hope this helps with the bill, let me know if we need to pull some more gold together”


Dr. Culver's eyes light up seeing the gold coins gleaming on his table and nods, "That aught to do nicely, thank you, Mr?" He then looks at Buck, "Take off your shirt and your gun and let me see your wound, going to need to clean it and try to take out any bullets/fragments. It's going to hurt like a mother !@###$"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 29th of July, 2005, 01:24
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington His pale face and clammy skin glisten with sweat as waits for the worst. "Make it quick if you would Doc."


Dr. Culver looks at the wound and says, "Well, you should've come sooner, but I'll do the best I can. I do have something to help wtih the pain before I start probing and pulling, here swallow this."

He hands you what appears to be some sort of pill and a glass of water he gets from a pitcher and glass by his medicine table. He then grabs his bag and washes his hands over a basin before taking instruments out of the bag and looking at your wound more. "My this is a nasty wound, looks like its infected, this is going to be painful."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 29th of July, 2005, 03:35
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi
Dr. Culver's eyes light up seeing the gold coins gleaming on his table and nods, "That aught to do nicely, thank you, Mr?"
“DosSantos, my name is DosSantos, ill be right outside if anything is needed”

Says As he walks takes some steps back to the door trying not to distract the doctor from his work and goes outside with Jeb,



Once outside DosSantos starts rolling some tobacco trying to get distracted, and offers some to Jeb,

“So, Jeb, I guess you’ve been out on the trail a fer a while? What brings you out here?”
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 29th of July, 2005, 08:04
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
...Earl smiles and nods, "I do understand a little of your tongue good sir, but glad you speak some English too. I would be happy to see to your shave and bath, that'll be $2. Do you want a dry or wet shave?"...

Jose's cheeks redden slightly with embarassment as he replies, "My apologies, sir. I sometimes slip into Spanish without thinking about it. Inglés -- English is not my native language, and I often have to concentrate on my words to ensure I'm speaking correctly.

"I would prefer a wet shave, thank you."
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 29th of July, 2005, 11:47
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Once outside DosSantos starts rolling some tobacco trying to get distracted, and offers some to Jeb,

“So, Jeb, I guess you’ve been out on the trail a fer a while? What brings you out here?”
"Don't mind if'n I do." Jeb takes the a paper and a pinch of tobacco and begins to roll it up. "Yea, I been on the trail for a bit. The trappin' is dying down and I thought I might make some money on buffalo hides. I hear the folks back east are paying good dollars for them."

Jeb looks over at Dos Santos before he continues. "My mother came from these parts too and I thought I might meet some of my kin that I never met afore... although I'm not sure exactly whereabouts they are."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 2nd of August, 2005, 05:42
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Originally Posted by Lucky "Don't mind if'n I do." Jeb takes the a paper and a pinch of tobacco and begins to roll it up. "Yea, I been on the trail for a bit. The trappin' is dying down and I thought I might make some money on buffalo hides. I hear the folks back east are paying good dollars for them."

Jeb looks over at Dos Santos before he continues. "My mother came from these parts too and I thought I might meet some of my kin that I never met afore... although I'm not sure exactly whereabouts they are."
“Don’t know much bout buffalo hides, but I know there’s use around these parts for a man who can use a long arm like I’ve seen you done”

Takes another puff and looking down at the tobacco embers continues

“Guess I would look for my Kin too if I though I had any left”
“I wish you luck with that”

Then looks back at the Doctors window and says

“ I'm sure Buck is gonna need a drink when he’s done, taking the plug out is worst than taking it ”

Last edited by Belkregos; 2nd of August, 2005 at 05:56.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 2nd of August, 2005, 08:55
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
"M'name's Buck Acuff."

The young Texan takes the pill from the table leaving the water alone.
With a large swig of rotgut whiskey the pill in consumed without a wince.

Buck starts to feel its effects just as he finishes removing his shirt.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 12th of August, 2005, 01:21
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit "I would prefer a wet shave, thank you."
Earl nods, "Not a problem sir, a wet shave and bath it is then. You can pay me after if you prefer." He then stirs up some shaving cream like substane and applies it to your beard and begins using his finely honed razor to shave you.

"So you new in town then? Come to gamble or fight with the soldiers?"

He has an assistant begin preparing a hot bath in the back for you, it appears he has several bath rooms and one big barber parlor with 2 chairs.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 12th of August, 2005, 01:23
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Buck starts to feel its effects just as he finishes removing his shirt.
Dr. Culver smiles and says, "Well Buck this is going to hurt worse then having a horse stomp on you with a shoe. Best get ready and hold onto the bench." He watches as you swallow the pain pill and then he begins to wash the wound clean with some sort of alcohol and prepares to cut/probe with some shiny metal instruments.

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 12th of August, 2005, 02:44
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
... "So you new in town then? Come to gamble or fight with the soldiers?"...

"Yes, I'm new in town. I suppose you could call me a gambler," Jose admits. "I make most of my money that way. I'm really just...exploring a little."
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 17th of August, 2005, 09:15
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Outside the doctor's office, Jeb sits down next to Dos Santos and lights up the tobacco. After inhaling deeply to get it burning good, he starts talking a bit, asking some questions and volunteering some information, all while waiting for the Doc to finish up with Buck.

"I bet you're right, Buck will need a drink when he gets out... and probably a shoulder to lean on getting there."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 24th of August, 2005, 06:54
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Originally Posted by Lucky "I bet you're right, Buck will need a drink when he gets out... and probably a shoulder to lean on getting there."
DosSantos smiles

“guess we’ll have a long night bending our elbows”
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 29th of August, 2005, 04:35
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Update

Earl nods as he talks with Jose, "Well, enjoy your stay and hope you make a little while you're here." *he finishes the shave and directs you to the hot bath awaiting you prepared by one of his two assistants. They leave you be as you wash in private.


Buck hollers even with the pain medicine as Dr. Culver digs around and pulls out the remains of the shell that hit his shoulder. He sews it up a bit and puts on some antiseptic stuff. Then he wraps it up in clean bandage. "Come see me before you leave to get some change of bandages, else every morning put a fresh one on and if anything worsens come see me right away." *he gives Buck a small package of 5 days of clean bandages*
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren