Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 06:47
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
"I wonder what the hell is going on around here. What do you think, Matilda? Should we go investigate." Matilda doesn't answer. Unperturbed, Jeb keeps walking and talking. "At least it looks like they're putting their weapons up without shooting that other fella." When Jeb gets to the fence perimeter, he follows it in the direction of the main ranch house. "Well, if'n there's a range war going on, I best find out about it sooner rather than later. Don't worry Matilda, I'll keep us safe. Just don't bite anyone, ok?" As usual, Matilda doesn't answer.

((If Jeb sees they're watching him, he'll take off his cap, wave it in the air above his head in the universal sign of greeting and replace it on his head before coming in.))
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 12th of February, 2005, 05:04
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Buck waits with his rifle at the ready training his sights on the man leading the mule, "I got a bead on 'im, If he draws that'll be the last thing he does. Sheriff, Do you recognize the man with the ass?"
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 15th of February, 2005, 03:08
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch : Courtyard

Originally Posted by Belkregos “We best hunker down fer a fight then, they’ll sure be coming in fast when they do, just like Pineos here”
Big Jake, the sheriff and Poncho man all nod their heads at your words. Poncho holsters his dual Colts and watches.

Everyone looks as the 2 ranch hands on horses in the cattle field ride over to approach the fellow guiding the mule.

[ooc: There is no fence/gate on the road leading to the courtyard. There are two gates to the corrals and fields on either side of the courtyard (one to the stable, one to the cattle field mentioned above)]
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 15th of February, 2005, 03:11
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch

Originally Posted by kilnpublications England. While I am here however, I would like to offer my services. Would I be able to store my equipment somewhere and give my horse some water....it's been a long day.
"My name is John Larn son and its alright, just be glad we didn't shoot first. Things are going to get pretty rough here, best get off your horse and inside. I'm sure Big Jake's hands can handle your horse, but get any guns you got and be ready. We're expecting the Wild Bunch to hit before the sun goes down entirely."

Big Jake nods to the sheriff's words and says, "Pubelo will see to your steed and you can go inside if you like. I plan to be in there with my rifle."
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 15th of February, 2005, 03:16
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch: Attic watching

>Calling down to the rest of the group out front, Jose says, "Is anyone tracking the hombre pulling his mula? Quizás he saw something?" <

You see the fellow approaching the outer limit of the large cattle grazing field where the two ranch hands on horses have now ridden up to the fence and are trying to talk to the fellow with the mule. Things seem friendly so far.

Big Jake hollers up, "Aye, looks like Luke and Mark are talking to him. He doesn't seem hostile."

[ooc: do you ask about the roof access? spot check for you!]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 15th of February, 2005 at 06:47.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 15th of February, 2005, 03:20
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes Ranch: Fence Perimeter

Originally Posted by Lucky out about it sooner rather than later. Don't worry Matilda, I'll keep us safe. Just don't bite anyone, ok?" As usual, Matilda doesn't answer.
As you guide Matilda along you see the wooden fences with barbed wire on top that show the outer perimeter of the rancher's lands ahead. You see two riders behind the fences stop their mounts right at them. They both look like cowboys in chaps, shirts, with holsters on their hips and rifles on their horses. They look to be about 20ish and both say,

"Howdy, state your name and business here. This property belongs to Jake Mcandal and your trespassing."

They've not drawn their guns, but they do have their hands on their pistols grips.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 15th of February, 2005, 04:23
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos nods and starts walking towards the barnl ooks inside then will inspect the fences,


OOC: im looking for things we can use to create a temporary fence, just a delay so they have to get off their horses, i dont wanto to put a wagon or anithing that can provide cover but maybe we can tie some ropes between the fences or if threre is some barbwire that would work
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 15th of February, 2005, 07:45
kilnpublications's Avatar
kilnpublications
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1118
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 65 (0.01 per day)
Thank you kindly sir. Phineus hands the horse over to someone and make his way to the house stating "I am going into the house and make sure that my gun is ready to go"....once inside Phineus loads his gun and makes sure everything is ready to go.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 15th of February, 2005, 08:30
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Buck takes his aim off the man with the mule, thinking that Jake's two cowboys will handle him for then moment. After hearing more about the ranch layout Buck pauses in thought momentarily, before beginning is his gruff voice. "If'n we shut them there gates and string some barbed wire up like DosSantos here suggested they'll hafin' to be ridin' right up the lane exposed to our fire. It looks like we've got a good number of gunmen. Jake could you send a rider out in each direction to keep a watch and put an armed man at each gate to let them in when the come back. Let's put a man in the attic or one the roof, some in the house, and the rest can find cover either in the courtyard or behind yer wagons. Then let's get out of sight, keep careful watch, and wait 'till them yeahoos come riding on up. Just be ready for them to come from another direction, heck it doesn't take much to snip a barbed wire fence."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 15th of February, 2005, 11:20
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi "Howdy, state your name and business here. This property belongs to Jake Mcandal and your trespassing."
"Howdy." Jeb nods to each of the men and keeps his hands in the open so there are no misunderstandings. "My name is Jebediah and I don't really have no business here. I'm on my way to Fort Griffin."

Jeb stops and looks at the men, taking their measure before continuing, "I just saw a man light outta here like his ass was on fire and as he rode past me, he gave me a good hard look. It looks like there's trouble brewing and I think I just got made for being part o' this here crew so I figured I better see what's up. It helps to be prepared so the next time I see that boy coming around I'll have half a clue about what to expect."

Jeb pauses to rub the side of his face with his free hand. "I don't mean to trespass, but could I at least bother your boss for a drink o' water before I continue on?"
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 15th of February, 2005, 16:08
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Spot Check: 11 + 6 = 17.

Jose responds with a "gracias," allowing himself to glance around the attic area once more before returning his attention out the window.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 03:03
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jake Ranch: Fences and Barn

Originally Posted by Belkregos OOC: im looking for things we can use to create a temporary fence, just a delay so they have to get off their horses, i dont wanto to put a wagon or anithing that can provide cover but maybe we can tie some ropes between the fences or if threre is some barbwire that would work
The barn appears to hold bales of hay and other gear, and has a loft where you see the window outside probably goes to.

The stables are nearby holding your horse and the others. The fences are wooden planks top by barbed wire for the cattle pens and the corral near the stable is just wood.

The space between the fence planks is about 4" wide and the fence is about 4.5" high.

Other than blocking the road somehow, there is nothing to make a barricade or gate with. The cattle pens/fields and corral all have gates that lock on the outside and inside.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 03:05
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes Kitchen

Originally Posted by kilnpublications make sure that my gun is ready to go"....once inside Phineus loads his gun and makes sure everything is ready to go.
One of the ranch hands takes your horse to the stable.

Julia the lady of the house smiles and says, "Welcome, would you like anything?" She watches as you pull out your pistol and make sure its loaded.

Mathew and his two sister come down from preparing the guest rooms. "Ma, is he another guest?" they all ask.

Julia smiles, "Yes, prepare another spot in the barn for him."
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 03:12
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington find cover either in the courtyard or behind yer wagons. Then let's get out of sight, keep careful watch, and wait 'till them yeahoos come riding on up. Just be ready for them to come from another direction, heck it doesn't take much to snip a barbed wire fence."
The sherriff, Big Jake and the mysterious poncho wearing gringo all nod in agreement and Big Jake barks some orders to the 3 ranch hands who aren't busy currently. They all grab rifles and a box of ammo and go grab a horse from the stables....shortly they head out in the other directions that the two cowboys aren't in.

The poncho guy says, "I got some extra guns and rifles on my horse if anyone wants them. I'll grab those real quick. I'm better up close, so I'd prefer to be down here with my pistols."

Big Jake and the sherriff both say, "We'll hold up in the house in the kitchen wiht direct fire down the main road here. Buck you can choose where you'd like to be."
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 05:47
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Meeting Jeb

Originally Posted by Lucky Jeb pauses to rub the side of his face with his free hand. "I don't mean to trespass, but could I at least bother your boss for a drink o' water before I continue on?"
The two cowpokes nod and tip their hats in return.

"Howdy to yourself, if you're on your way to Fort Griffin, we suggest you take the road south and east to the Fort. The Flat is down the hill from the plateau."

They both look at you as you mention the other rider and both look angry and sad.

"Aye, we saw him running, he's likely one of the Wild Bunch a group of no good outlaws, rapists and scum. We're expecting them to hit this place tonight that's why the sherriff and his possee is here to cut them down. They tried to take Jess, Big Jake's eldest daughter. We chased them off the other day, but lost a few good friends in the process. If you're good with animals, Big Jake might could hire you if you need work. If you come down to water your mule and yourself, best be prepared to be involved in a firefight. It's nearly sundown soon and they'll likely be coming hard and fast."
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 05:48
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Attic watching

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit Spot Check: 11 + 6 = 17.

Jose responds with a "gracias," allowing himself to glance around the attic area once more before returning his attention out the window.
You see what looks to be a trapdoor, possibly leading to the roof.... and you see the cowpokes on their horses talking to the fellow with the mule, seems things are friendly now.

It's nearly 5 pm now....
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 06:33
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos goes out to the court yard and the group there (Jake, sheriff, Buck and the Poncho)

“well, not much in there we can use to close off the road, but there are some bales, ill start setting them up out here so we can use fer cover, ill stay out here with my pistols, ill make a couple of places to run for cover, stash some amo and guns if you have any extra, ill let you know where things are so you can get to em if you need to”



after any comments, DosSantos will start to set up some defensive positions, setting them up so they’re good for holding people from getting to the house but hard for someone coming in to use, big enough to be able to crouch down to reload and to hold two people firing, put them where the ranch seams more vulnerable, ideally ill set them up close enough so you can run from one another with out being too long (a round or 2) in the open and some cover in between
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 07:16
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Buck'll help DosSantos with the barricades and stay near the courtyard wall when the action starts, to put the shotgun and his pistols to good use.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 07:28
kilnpublications's Avatar
kilnpublications
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1118
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 65 (0.01 per day)
Phineus replies to the lady "If you have a kettle to boil a bit of water that would be fine. I missed tea time an hour ago and I have my tea somewhere in my belongings. "
OOC: Looking around the room to see any windows that may be entered or used during a raid....
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 10:00
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi If you come down to water your mule and yourself, best be prepared to be involved in a firefight. It's nearly sundown soon and they'll likely be coming hard and fast."
"Well, I ain't no stranger to trouble. If'n the Sheriff is here with a posse, I reckon I'll hole up here with ya'll and fend off them there dirty dogs. Can't have 'em running off with the young girls around here. Besides, it never hurts to get in good wit the law."

With that, Jeb will head to the courtyard in front of the ranchhouse to water his mule.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 11:48
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Seeing things are settling down with the two strangers and that there are plenty of eyes watching the horizon, Jose checks out the trap door in the ceiling and follows where it leads.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 21st of February, 2005, 11:49
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes Ranch

Originally Posted by Belkregos big enough to be able to crouch down to reload and to hold two people firing, put them where the ranch seams more vulnerable, ideally ill set them up close enough so you can run from one another with out being too long (a round or 2) in the open and some cover in between
The group listens and Poncho returns with a couple of rifles and 2 boxes of ammo...plus a holster with a Army Colt and ammo.

"Anyone need a spare?"

They all listen and nod in agreement with your thoughts.

Poncho lends a hand hauling the hay bales out of the barn.

[ooc: will work on a map soon now that my pc is working again]
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 21st of February, 2005, 11:52
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes: Barricades

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Buck'll help DosSantos with the barricades and stay near the courtyard wall when the action starts, to put the shotgun and his pistols to good use.
You, poncho and DosSantos get the 4 bales moved and setup along the road and near the courtyard.

Poncho offers his extra guns to anyone who wants them.

He then asks, "So who wants to go where?"
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Unread 21st of February, 2005, 11:54
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes Ranch: Kitchen

Originally Posted by kilnpublications Phineus replies to the lady "If you have a kettle to boil a bit of water that would be fine. I missed tea time an hour ago and I have my tea somewhere in my belongings. "
OOC: Looking around the room to see any windows that may be entered or used during a raid....
Julia smiles and nods, putting a kettle to boil on the stove.

"That is fine sir, just make yourself at home. Looks like we got a lot of company tonight."

[occ: There are two windows near the front door, but both are made to be shuttered with crosses on them for firing out of...there is a backdoor and such though]
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 21st of February, 2005, 11:59
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Meeting Jeb

Originally Posted by Lucky With that, Jeb will head to the courtyard in front of the ranchhouse to water his mule.
"Sure, welcome Jeb, Big Jake is the owner and he's with the sheriff and those other gunslingers down at the main ranch. We'll be keeping watch up here.

They then permit you to head to the main house and they ride back out on the cattle land.

As you come down the road leading your mule you see bales of hay being moved by three well armed fellows... one has a very distinctive looking poncho...and spurs that go "ka-chink" as you get closer. He's wearing two holstered pistols and got a rifle slung on his shoulder. One other is wearing a deputy looking badge and is a young fellow. The third is wearing dual pistols too and another fellow.

You see a big fellow holding a rifle up by the porch and the sheriff (with his badge on, catching rays) standing next to him.

[ooc: feel free to describe/introduce yourselves guys]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren