Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 8th of February, 2005, 03:04
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Outside Big Jake's Ranch

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington "I reckon if they come back tonight they'll be right surprised to find us waitin' for 'em, but this place seems way too open. I don't reckon I'll be sleepin' much tonight." Buck glances around cautiously.
The nameless man puffs his cigar and nods, "I reckon you're right, not much sleep for anyone. Looks pretty open, most cattle ranches got to have space for their herds. Best they not stampede them. So you want up close at them?"

[ooc: spot check, you hear some commotion by the ranchers]
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 8th of February, 2005, 03:06
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Outside: Big Jakes Ranch

Originally Posted by kilnpublications spying on them. Thinking that approaching from the front might be the best way without being shot he makes his way toward the main entrance.....
Looks like tailing it back down the hill and riding down the road to the main entrance looks to be the most direct route. You hustle down to your horse wondering who that other person was...nervously you ride up to the ranch.

The ranchers shout and pick up guns or pull them from holsters. You see two fellows out on the porch, both have holsters. You recognize seeing them riding out with the sherrif.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 8th of February, 2005, 03:11
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Outside Big Jake's House

Originally Posted by Belkregos Starts walking with Buck and the Poncho, “I think we should make a stand here, they’ll be coming from the open and we can plan it good, we can work the fence to force them to get off their horses and came at us on foot.



OOC: does the external fence encircle the house? The entire ranch? Is there a high point where we can have a look out and get a warning when they’re riding in?
Both Jake and Julia smile and nod letting you go outside as you like. They talk with the sherrif some inside. The girls and boy go and prepare bunks for the guests.

As you step outside you notice the commotion with the ranchers and the upcoming rider. The poncho fellow puts his hands on his guns and moves to crouch behind the courtyard wall slightly in caution.

[ooc: There are several fences and fenced in areas. The courtyard, the stable area/horse pen, and the cattle fields have the fences. The fences are mostly wooden planks and barbed wire on everything but the courtyard and stable....the barn/stable and house look like they're two stories. Also there is a hill or two out in the fields/along the road]
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 8th of February, 2005, 03:13
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes Ranch

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit (If Jake answers yes) "May I see it, señor?"
The sheriff nods and says, "I agree some should be up with rifles for sure." He talks with Jake and Julia some more about planning while everyone else looks outside a bit before sunset.

Jake nods, "I got a attic in the house and a loft in the barn both with a view of the area. Which you want to see?"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 8th of February, 2005, 05:03
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
"I'd like to see the attic, por favor," Jose responds. "The loft in the barn may leave too much room for me to cover."

Once in the attic, Jose will check out the space for moving around (and whether the items stored in the attic could be moved aside for a faster path) and look out each window area to find the sight lines (and the significant blind spots).

OOC: Is the attic the highest room on the ranch?
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 8th of February, 2005, 05:14
kilnpublications's Avatar
kilnpublications
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1118
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 65 (0.01 per day)
Phineus rides up to the front area of the ranch. Knowing that the people there are nervous he stops the horse at the entrance and holds out both hands open to show he is not carrying anything in them.
"Greetings gents, my name is Phineus Babbage and I am a journalist from England. I am doing some writing on the lifestyles of the people in this area and I was told by the Echo that there might be a story if I followed the group up here. I wonder if I might have a word with them. Also I would like to point out that on my way up a noticed a gleam in the SE area up on that ridge. Almost looked like someone was keeping an eye on you...."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 8th of February, 2005, 05:25
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi As you step outside you notice the commotion with the ranchers and the upcoming rider. The poncho fellow puts his hands on his guns and moves to crouch behind the courtyard wall slightly in caution.
DosSantos warns the people inside of the comming rider "SHERIFF, JAKE, RIDER COMMING IN"

then moves to the side towards the barn taking out his guns
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 8th of February, 2005, 07:35
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Buck retrieves his rifle, shotgun, and ammo from his saddle and hustles back to the stone-walled courtyard. When the journalist tells Buck of the person watching from the Southeast he immediately looks in that direction, scanning the hills on horizon. He calls out to those still inside, "We've got some company boys, best get on out here." Buck kneels behind the stone wall and gets his weapons ready for a possible firefight.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 9th of February, 2005, 02:51
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes Ranch: Attic

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit "Once in the attic, Jose will check out the space for moving around (and whether the items stored in the attic could be moved aside for a faster path) and look out each window area to find the sight lines (and the significant blind spots).
"Sure thing Jose, follow me.", Big Jake says as he leads you down a hallway off the kitchen to a ladder he pulls down from the ceiling and gestures to a little door in the ceiling*

"That's the attic up there, there is mostly dust and cobwebs up there, but a few boxes from my days prior to taking on this ranch idea. I can get Matthews to help you move the stuff if you need it."

When you head up the folding ladder you see a few small stainglass like windows here obviously for decoration and perhaps warding.... up in the attic are a few boxes and trunks.

[ooc: Yes, it appears the attic is the space between the room and the 2nd floor, itsabout 5' high and 50' long and 20' feet wide in a rectangle like shape.]
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 9th of February, 2005, 02:56
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch: Enter Phinneus....

Originally Posted by kilnpublications the SE area up on that ridge. Almost looked like someone was keeping an eye on you...."
As you ride up in a hurry, you see ranch hands pulling guns as well as the 3 fellow outside (DosSantos, Poncho man and Buck) all react like you're planning to attack. DosSantos hollers with Buck hollering behind him.

The house goes dark and the sherrif and Big Jake pick up rifles and poke them out the kitchen windows.

DosSantos and the poncho wearing fellow pull dual pistols (one in each hand) and take cover.... ponch ducks behind the courtyard wall and DosSantos moves near the barn....

Buck also grabs his guns and ducks behind the courtyard.

Everyone points guns at you.....
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 9th of February, 2005, 02:59
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington direction, scanning the hills on horizon. He calls out to those still inside, "We've got some company boys, best get on out here." Buck kneels behind the stone wall and gets his weapons ready for a possible firefight.
You get your guns and hustle back to the courtyard just as the journalist rides up in a hurry, waving his empty hands. You hear guns drawn and hammers cocked as just about everyone points a weapon at him. The sherrif and Big Jake hold rifles leveled in the kitchen window overlooking the courtyard.

Hearing the babbling journalist you look southwest towards the hills on the horizon....

[ooc: spot check]
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 9th of February, 2005, 03:57
kilnpublications's Avatar
kilnpublications
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1118
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 65 (0.01 per day)
Gentlemen, gentlemen, my name is Phineus Babbage and I am a journalist for her majesty, Queen Victoria. I mean you no harm, I have been writing about the lifestyles in your West and was told by the town locals that if I followed you there would be a great story brewing. I would like to offer my services, I know that might not me much but I am pretty handy with a pistol and I am pretty good with other things. Would you mind if I stayed with you? I will not get in the way and I will carry my weight. I might add while I was on the way up I took a quick peek around to make sure I would not get shot coming up to talk to you and I spotted a reflection off of a looking glass up on the SE area. They spotted me also and went running. If you hurry you might be able to catch them.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 9th of February, 2005, 04:25
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
It's late afternoon as Jebediah stops to mop his brow with a bandana. Matilda is becoming increasingly unwilling to keep walking but Jeb was kinda hoping to make it to Fort Griffin by nightfall. By all accounts, it shouldn't be that far away. As he surveys the landscape, Jeb notes the ranch with all its fences and suppresses a scowl. Yep, this is civilization all right.

Just then, Jeb sees two men jump up and run off in opposite directions, both heading for horses. He continues to watch as one man rides down to the ranch and is slightly surprised as the ranch hands all take cover and pull out guns while the rider puts his hands in the air. Hmmm. Looks like he's being arrested.

Jeb then turns his attention to the other man, riding hard and fast in his general direction. Best not to appear too interested or I'm liable to get pulled into something I know nothing about. With that thought, Jeb pulls Matilda's bridle and they start walking again. While not staring, Jeb continues to keep track of the man riding towards him, occasionally turning his attention back to the ranch, mildly curious as to what fate awaits the other fella.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 9th of February, 2005, 05:30
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Thinking immediately that the attic may be too low for a proper firing perch, Jose inspects the stained glass windows to see if any can be opened.

(OOC: Is the house two stories high?)

When he hears the warning from Dos Santos, Jose will do one of two things:

a) If the windows do open, he'll open the one near the front of the house and train his carbine on the rider.

b) If they do not, he'll head back down and onto the front porch, carbine at the ready as he scans the horizon (there are enough guns on the rider at this point).
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 9th of February, 2005, 06:10
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos realizing its only one rider and does not have any weapons in hand steps out still alert thinking it could be a trap, a very risky trap, looks around making sure again there are no other riders coming, and checking Dorados whereabouts puts his right gun away but keeps the one on his left hand, makes sure dorado is close by in case it turnsout they need to investigate the SE

“well stranger, if thi’s a trap, ya ain’d no good bait”

stays at a cautious distance keeping his gun ready

“I don’t think he’s with’em wild boys”



DosSantos eyes the stranger trying to decide if he’s telling the truth or setting them up for a trap

sense motive: d20: 14+3= 17



will wait to hear if the Sheriff or Jake can confirm if they know him as one of the wild boys



“IS HE ONE OFE’M?”



OOC: any guns visible?

Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 9th of February, 2005, 06:45
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Buck eyes the writer briefly and after hearing him speak his intentions, will continue to scan the southeast, rifle in hand waiting for his companions to greet the newcomer.
(ooc spot 7+5=12)
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 9th of February, 2005, 06:49
kilnpublications's Avatar
kilnpublications
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1118
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 65 (0.01 per day)
Phineus sensing that everybody is extremely on edge says to them "If it will help, I will hold my arms out to the sides palms open facing you. You are more than welcome to search me. I do have to tell you I do have a pistol on me for protection." I see that you gentlemen are tense and I do not need a bullet in my skull.......
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 03:07
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
In the hills of Texas

Originally Posted by Lucky keep track of the man riding towards him, occasionally turning his attention back to the ranch, mildly curious as to what fate awaits the other fella.
The fellow riding past Jeb glances at him with pale blue eyes and looks behind briefly seeing the activity at the ranch spurring his horse on and rushing off into the hills

Jeb notices he's a young pup, about late teens/early twenties in typical cowboy gear, with holsters on his hips and a rifle slung on his saddle.

As you tug Matilda out of her tired haze she snorts at you and trudges along, the activity at the ranch seems to be one of surprise and slight hysteria.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 03:10
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes Ranch: Attic fun

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit (a) If the windows do open, he'll open the one near the front of the house and train his carbine on the rider.
You buckle down and aim your carbine out the stainglassed window overlooking the courtyard.

[ooc: yes, its two stories...several bedrooms upstairs (kids) and downstairs..with the attic kinda above the bedrooms...Yes, a couple of them do open. in particular the ones overlooking the courtyard]

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 03:15
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes Porch

Originally Posted by Belkregos DosSantos eyes the stranger trying to decide if he’s telling the truth or setting them up for a trap
Both you and poncho gaze at the empty handed rider and hear his words. The poncho man curses stupid journalists rather loudly and pulls up his guns holding them more defensively now. He gazes out to the southeast with Buck cursing more.

"Damn there is a rider out there hauling tail."

You feel that the stranger is nervous, afraid and unfortunately legit. He appears not to be a bandit, rustler or cowboy.

You look around and the other ranch hands put up their guns go back to their duties.

The sherriff and Big Jake holler out, "What in sam hill are you doing here Phinneus?!"

They both pull up their rifles.

[ooc: your horses are in the stable remember, you'd have to go get them and saddle them...that'll take time]
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 03:16
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Gazing southeast

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Buck eyes the writer briefly and after hearing him speak his intentions, will continue to scan the southeast, rifle in hand waiting for his companions to greet the newcomer.
When poncho curses and exclaims out the rider hauling tail you do see a faint dust cloud and then you see another figure approaching the far cattle fencing looks like some stranger guiding a mule.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 03:18
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Big Jakes Ranch

Originally Posted by kilnpublications have a pistol on me for protection." I see that you gentlemen are tense and I do not need a bullet in my skull.......
The sherriff steps out of the kitchen holding his rifle more at ease, gazes at you with his brown eyes and says, "Sir, what in sam hill are you risking your life out here for?" Did you not see we very nearly blew you to bits?"
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 04:11
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos looks at the cloud of dust, looking back at Dorado, then again a the cloud of dust

“Perra Suerte…they’ll sure know where here now”

Puts his gun back in his holster

“Pineos eh… thought yudbe bulletproof, ridin’in fast like that, I’m DosSantos”

“We best hunker down fer a fight then, they’ll sure be coming in fast when they do, just like Pineos here”

OOC: is there anyway to close the court yard to prevent people from riding all the way in? or close a fence something to force them down fron their horses the further away from the buildings?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 04:23
kilnpublications's Avatar
kilnpublications
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1118
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 65 (0.01 per day)
Sheriff I apologize for the rude approach and not approaching you back in town about this matter. You see I write my stories for Her Majesty and I have nothing really worthwhile the past two months. I am afraid if I do not send her a good yarn pretty soon, I will be out of a job from England. While I am here however, I would like to offer my services. Would I be able to store my equipment somewhere and give my horse some water....it's been a long day.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 06:18
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
"Buen Dios," the young gambler growls in frustration as he pulls his carbine back and begins to search the southwest for the other rider. Seeing that the rider is too far away for any kind of shot, Jose shifts his focus to the figure pulling the mule.

All the while, the Californian wonders if there's access to the roof from inside the house, and how sturdy the footing is up there. He'd be more out in the open, but he'd also be able to cover a larger arc than just two sides of the house.

Calling down to the rest of the group out front, Jose says, "Is anyone tracking the hombre pulling his mula?
Quizás he saw something?"
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren