Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 6th of January, 2005, 01:56
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Chapter 1: The Story Thus far...

The cloud of dust signals the arrival of strangers yet again to the small, yet building community known as "The Flat", a town on the level plain below the looming Fort Griffin, manned by soldiers protecting the citizens from trouble with Mexican bandits or perhaps the Indian nations.

The road has been a long dusty trail from whence you came, your canteens nearly running dry and you and your horse hunger and thirst.

You see a town bustling with cattle herders, farmers and others down near a rather beautiful river.

You feel your horse react to the smell of the water which causes you to feel your bones and muscles ache from the saddle sores obtained during your long ride hasty ride.

You descend the hill, noticing the soldier fort not terribly far away, but the lookouts don't seem to pay you much mind, they appear to be watching all the other directions in the early dawning light.

Folks along the street and boardwalks of the town glance up at you as you ride in, and some murmur amongst themselves, but few if any really stare.

You see a wide selection of shops and saloons, as well as a lot of ladies smile and flash you glimpses of cleavage and legs in pretty skirts and dresses as you trot on by.

(see the Places of Interest forum for some spots).

Where do you go?

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 7th of January, 2005 at 02:57.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 7th of January, 2005, 07:58
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos steers Dorado to Shansey’s saloon, eager to get a strong drink and some feed and water for Dorado
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 7th of January, 2005, 08:28
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
Buck Acuff rides into the Flat and is amazed by the size of the frontier town. There wasn't a place 'tween here and Waterloo with this many buildings let alone so many good taverns. He tethers his steed out front of a place called Shasney's and looks up and down the dusty road casually, tippin' his hat to the ladies passin' by. He walks in the nearest door and heads straight to the barkeep.
"Name's Buck Acuff, give me a pull of the good stuff, I'm mighty thirsty and could you point me in the direction of an honest cardgame?"
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 7th of January, 2005, 14:49
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
The thin, pale Californian casually eyes the scenery as he passes down the town's main dirt street. He, too, is impressed by the size of this particular camp town, and locates the best-looking hotel on the street.

He ties up Plumero, then draws his saddlebags and rifle and heads in, stifling a cough from the wind-blown dust.

"Excuse me, innkeeper," Jose announces to the proprietor. "I'd like to rent a quiet room, por favor."
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 8th of January, 2005, 02:05
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Shannsey’s Saloon

As DosSantos and Buck Acuff ride in and pull upto Shannsey's Saloon, several "soiled doves" smile and flirt with them, gazing over their well packed mounts and the guns they have strapped to their hips. The ladies giggle and smile and watch you both stride into the saloon which is open for business.

The older fellow behind the bar, wiping it down with a cloth looks up and smiles at you.

"Welcome to Shanney's Saloon and the Flat gentlemen, anything I can do for you?"

He gets a drink of DosSantos first and then listens to Buck's inquiry and says,

"Sir, you've come to the finest cardhouse in this part of Texas, why our own Lottie is a fine faro dealer and her games are always high stakes. As for that cool drink, let me get you something. Your mounts can be kept at Pete Haverty's Livery down the road. Pete's a good honest man and a friend. He'll treat you good."

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 8th of January, 2005 at 02:59.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 8th of January, 2005, 02:18
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Planter's Hotel

You ride upto a fine looking hotel. The sign hanging out front says, "Planter's Hotel". There is a young latino man sweeping off the steps and front entrance. He smiles and nods,

"Good morning sir, welcome."

As you stride past him, he notes your carrying a rifle case with his eyes and steps out of your way.

The innkeeper smiles and looks up from behind his desk.

"Yes sir, I have many fine rooms available. How will you pay?"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 8th of January, 2005, 02:57
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
Buck smiles inwardly at his knack for findin' the right place, he pays the barkeep for his shot and slams it down in a quick gulp. Buck turns to the Californian "Howdy pardner, I take it you ain't from 'round these parts, pleased to meet ya. I reckon I'll be takin' my steed down to ole Pete's place, if'n you wanna come along I wouldn't be mindin' the company. The dusty skies of Tejas can be mighty lonesome when yer ridin' alone." Buck extends a hand to the drifter and offers a firm shake. "Barkeep, do ya rent rooms fer the night or just by the hour??? If'n you don't, mind pointin' me in the direction of a good inn? And spread the word that I'll be back later and I'm lookin' for some card action."
Buck waits for the replies of the barkeep and the Californian.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 8th of January, 2005, 03:10
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Shannsey's Saloon

The fellow behind the bar takes your money for the drink and puts the tumbler back in the sink. The bar is very well stocked with 2 kinds of beer, lots of other drinks and a few snack like items (jerky, dried fruit etc)...and shaped like an "L". There are tables and beer shelves along the walls.


The fellow behind the bar is wearing a stetson hat, fine pants, jacket, and a big pistol holstered on his right hip. He smiles and says,

"I'm John Shannsey owner of this here saloon and be happy to answer your questions. I don't usually serve drinks this early, but noticed you two looked mighty thirsty so I opened the doors for some new customers this early. Our regular hours are noon to late evening. Lottie usually has a game of faro or poker going by mid afternoon and really rolling come evening. I'm sorry, I have no rooms for rent, but the Beehive down the street does rent for the hour and the night. There is a few hotels and other places to stay here in town. I can recommend Planter's Hotel, seems a few others who arrived yesterday and this morning have found their way down there. I'll let Lottie know you'll be coming back for a game when I see her."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 8th of January, 2005, 05:59
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos takes the drink in one shot and turns to shake Buck’s hand,

“Pleased to meet you, my name is DosSantos, glad to see some friendly people for a change, im sure Dorado out there wants a drink as well

then turns to Shannsey “thanks for the advice Mr. ill have the bottle, bring your glass Buck, We’ll come back for another bottle when the game starts”
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 8th of January, 2005, 06:58
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Shannsey's Saloon

Shannsey nods and puts the bottle on the bar counter and gazes at you.


"Alright mister, that's 1.20 total for the two drinks and the bottle, if you want to take my tumblers, that'll be another 1.00, so total $2.20."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 8th of January, 2005, 07:26
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
"well, im not that picky, i can drink from the bottle then" i leave the 1.20 on the counter, "we'll be back for another"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 8th of January, 2005, 08:05
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
"Well my pappy used to tell me that no matter how things seem there's still some good folk out there in this ole world. Thanks fer the drink friend, and 'tain't half bad swill neither. I'd be much obliged to help you polish that bottle off, and the next'll be on me" Buck tosses a quarter to the keep for the info and heads out to tend his mare. "Thanks Shannsey" Buck adds as he exits the bar. "I think he said Pete's was this way, I reckon I'll get me a room at that there Planter's place the barkeep was mentionin'. Yep that there Dorado's a fine looking steed."
Buck saddle's up and winks at the lady's on the balcony. "DosSantos I think we'll be havin' a mighty fine time here at The Flat." Buck turns his mount and urges her down the dusty road toward the stable. "You reckon it's this hot in Californeeya right now? Texas in the summertime's hotter than hell."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 8th of January, 2005, 09:43
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
“Well, it might be hotter than hell but this here town is looking mighty good to me”

DosSantos takes another swing of the bottle and heads Dorado for the stable
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 8th of January, 2005, 10:04
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi You ride upto a fine looking hotel. The sign hanging out front says, "Planter's Hotel". There is a young latino man sweeping off the steps and front entrance. He smiles and nods,

"Good morning sir, welcome."
Jose smiles and nods to the young man. "Buenas tardes, y gracias," he replies in their native language as he continues inside.

As you stride past him, he notes your carrying a rifle case with his eyes and steps out of your way.

The innkeeper smiles and looks up from behind his desk.

"Yes sir, I have many fine rooms available. How will you pay?"

"I have silver dollars," the gambler responds, noting how much most folks tend to dislike the "Legal Tender Note" in all of its denominations. "How much for the week?"

Jose waits for the innkeeper to respond before reaching into his vest pocket to retrieve the appropriate amount of coinage, leaving his greenbacks for more appreciative members of the community as he decides he should exchange some paper for coin at the fort sometime soon.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 9th of January, 2005, 05:00
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Shannsey smiles and puts the money away in his register and follows you both to the door and locks it behind you as they don't open until noon. "Good day sirs, see you later."

One of the ladies, drops her garter and smiles at Buck and DosSantos. She's got brown hair and beautiful brown eyes. She says, "Nice horse, and guns, you a gunfighter? Going to fight that fellow over at the hotel?"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 9th of January, 2005, 05:09
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Pete Haverty's Livery

>DosSantos takes another swing of the bottle and heads Dorado for the stable.

You head down the road on your mounts and see Pete Haverty's Livery. It looks a well kept and clean looking stables. You a young fellow with several assistants outside, brushing down horses and feeding/watering them.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 9th of January, 2005, 05:22
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Planter's Hotel

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit have silver dollars," the gambler responds, noting how much most folks tend to dislike the "Legal Tender Note" in all of its denominations. "How much for the week?"
The innkeeper smiles and nods, "Silver dollars will do nicely sir, welcome to The Flat. As for a room's rent, that'll be $10 for the week and that comes with breakfast here in the parlor at 7 am sharp and a hot bath a day if you so desire. The bath can be attended by one of the ladies who work here if you so wish too for a bit extra.", he smiles and winks. The innkeeper takes the coinage and gives you a key and directs you to the stairwell. "Second floor, first door on the left is yours sir. Please sign my guest registry if you would."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 9th of January, 2005, 14:37
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi "Second floor, first door on the left is yours sir. Please sign my guest registry if you would."
Jose signs the guestbook without hesitation, asking, "Ees there a safe place here to stable my horse? He's very dear to me."

Once he gets the information, Jose heads up to the room to deposit his personal effects, readjusts his wallet in his breast pocket, then heads back down to take his horse to the recommended livery.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 9th of January, 2005, 15:50
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi >DosSantos takes another swing of the bottle and heads Dorado for the stable.

You head down the road on your mounts and see Pete Haverty's Livery. It looks a well kept and clean looking stables. You a young fellow with several assistants outside, brushing down horses and feeding/watering them.

you have a place for Dorado here, you look like you can take good care of him, he likes aples, what's your rate?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 10th of January, 2005, 01:21
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
Buck winks at the busty brunette and thinks she might just be showin' a little too much skin. A woman like that would make a fine wife, if she could just stay in one bed... "Perhaps you can be my good luck charm this evening miss, I'll be back fer some cards later. Maybe I'll see you then." Buck saddles up and heads it toward the stables.
"Howdy Pete, Shannsey said you're the man to see fer tendin' horses, and that you'd give us a sweet deal. How 'bout it? DosSantos you mind passin' that bottle thisaway?"
Buck Acuff eases down off his mare and unslings his rifle from the horse and grabs his ammo boxes. Buck gives Pete Suzy's reigns and reaches for his wallet to pay the man.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 10th of January, 2005, 05:32
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
DosSantos smiles as he passes the bottle to Buck, its been some time since he found someone he could call a friend,
He comes down from Dorado, checks him, pads him and sais something to in Spanish to his ear, then hands the reigns to the young man,
Smiles again and starts checking his guns, they are loaded, well oiled, checks his gun belt, extra ammo in place, looks at Buck “these saints…ready as ever”
Pays the young man and gives him an extra quarter, “take good care of him”
“ok Buck, lets see what this town has for us”
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 10th of January, 2005, 06:17
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
Bottle in hand Buck swigs the strong thunder like it's crystal clear water and passes it back nodding gratefully. "Pete, Ole barkeep's saying you's a mighty fine fellar. What could you tell me 'bout what's going on 'round these parts? I'm always lookin' fer honest payin' jobs that some men wouldn't have a knack fer." He pays the man his price if there's a stable spot open for Suzy and listens to what the man might have to say.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 10th of January, 2005, 21:29
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Planter's Hotel

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit Jose signs the guestbook without hesitation, asking, "Ees there a safe place here to stable my horse? He's very dear to me."

Once he gets the information, Jose heads up to the room to deposit his personal effects, readjusts his wallet in his breast pocket, then heads back down to take his horse to the recommended livery.
"Yes, there is, Pete Haverty's Livery just down and across the street is a fine stable and he will take good care of your horse."

You toss your gear in the room, adjust your wallet and head out, taking your mount with you.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 10th of January, 2005, 21:34
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Pete Haverty's Livery

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington "Howdy Pete, Shannsey said you're the man to see fer tendin' horses, and that you'd give us a sweet deal. How 'bout it? DosSantos you mind passin' that bottle thisaway?"
Buck Acuff eases down off his mare and unslings his rifle from the horse and grabs his ammo boxes. Buck gives Pete Suzy's reigns and reaches for his wallet to pay the man.
"I'd like that sir, my name is Kate, enjoy your stay.", she smiles watching Buck ride off.

Pete nods and smiles, "Yes sir, I am that man, and welcome to The Flat. You want to stable your horse? For how long sir?" Pete gently takes Suzy's reigns and pets her mane. "A beautiful mare."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 10th of January, 2005, 21:38
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Pete Haverty's Livery

Originally Posted by Belkregos gun belt, extra ammo in place, looks at Buck “these saints…ready as ever” Pays the young man and gives him an extra quarter, “take good care of him” “ok Buck, lets see what this town has for us”
Pete Haverty smiles, and nods, having one of his assistants take Dorado since he's holding onto Suzy's reigns. "Welcome sir, so you're staying here as well? Nice looking horse sir, what's his name? For how long sir?"

Pete's eyes get wide at all the guns and just doesn't comment.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 08:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren