Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Unread 28th of January, 2005, 14:10
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Member: #1052
Received and printed, thanks, Belkregos.

So, first question, Lando: if you're combining two masterwork enhancements on the same weapon, do the cost multiples add together, or do you multiply them together?

IOW, if, say Jose wants to add both a custom sights (x3) and lengthened barrel (x3) to his Spencer Carbine ($27), is the cost multiplied by x6 ($162) or x9 ($243)?
-------------
Either way, Jose would have gotten both of these enhancements built into the rifle. So, I'll remove either an additional $135 (for x6) or $216 (for x9) to pay for them. Yes, I know that means the weapon won't be a carbine anymore, but it was the best weapon available to Jose out at the Presidio of Monterey, and the master gunsmith there performed the modifications for him to give the gun a little more range and accuracy.
--------------
Also, Lando, I went ahead and reduced Concentration and Search by 1 rank each, and spent those two skill points on Speak English. I then removed the Speak English feat and replaced it with Point Blank Shot (since Jose needs that for the other trick-shooting feats he'll be taking later on).

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 00:22
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Member: #952
O- Thanks for the info. Buck'll be spending some time in the near future working on his hair trigger...
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 03:01
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit Either way, Jose would have gotten both of these enhancements built into the rifle. So, I'll remove either an additional $135 (for x6) or $216 (for x9) to pay for them. Yes, I know that means the weapon won't be a carbine anymore, but it was the best weapon available to Jose out at the Presidio of Monterey, and the master gunsmith there performed the modifications for him to give the gun a little more range and accuracy.
--------------
Also, Lando, I went ahead and reduced Concentration and Search by 1 rank each, and spent those two skill points on Speak English. I then removed the Speak English feat and replaced it with Point Blank Shot (since Jose needs that for the other trick-shooting feats he'll be taking later on).
Depending on what you're doing with the masterwork stuff will depend on whether its "added" or multiplied together...seems your example matches one on pg 131. So it's [3+3] = x6 cost for the modifications for your Spencer.

As for the other changes, that's fine.
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 03:28
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
good to see the book is being put to good use
nex week when i have a chance ill scan a few pages more

you guys seen the movie open range? with kevin cosner and robert duvall? good movie, great gun fight, check the extras on the DVD, the comentaries and theres a short kind of documentary,

take care
O.
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 03:54
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

I probably won't be able to post again till late this weekend. My motherboard at home burned up so I'm computerless at home untill they fix it under warranty. Sorry!
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 04:39
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi Depending on what you're doing with the masterwork stuff will depend on whether its "added" or multiplied together...seems your example matches one on pg 131. So it's [3+3] = x6 cost for the modifications for your Spencer.

As for the other changes, that's fine.
Okay, I've changed the rifle, and reduced my cash by $135 to reflect the extra cost. Thanks.

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 06:10
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Belkregos you guys seen the movie open range? with kevin cosner and robert duvall? good movie, great gun fight, check the extras on the DVD, the comentaries and theres a short kind of documentary,
Nope not seen that movie. Got 3 to watch this weekend, plus whatever I might find on cable....Hallmark Channel/TMCC and others...

High Plains Drifter - Eastwood
The Long Riders - David Carrodine
The Wild Bunch

Might even rent some or something....still got a gift card to use for Media Play from my Christmas gifts....
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 06:10
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit Okay, I've changed the rifle, and reduced my cash by $135 to reflect the extra cost. Thanks.
Okay great.
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 06:11
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington I probably won't be able to post again till late this weekend. My motherboard at home burned up so I'm computerless at home untill they fix it under warranty. Sorry!
No problem I do understand. I'll be installing my 160 gig hd this weekend to replace some older smaller hds....
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 03:17
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi No problem I do understand. I'll be installing my 160 gig hd this weekend to replace some older smaller hds....
Decided to be lazy and do the hd stuff next weekend...damn ice storm nearly knocked out my power and Internet though...what a weekend. Watched High Plains Drifter and The Wild Bunch...getting more ideas...

Also would like to welcome Don from the Mongoose boards to our game. He will be playing a journalist type pc...am reviewing his pc now.

The Echo needs a new reporter.....
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 04:20
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi Also would like to welcome Don from the Mongoose boards to our game. He will be playing a journalist type pc...am reviewing his pc now.

The Echo needs a new reporter.....

welcome Don, interesting character, looks like a well rounded group
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 04:20
kilnpublications
Skeleton

Member: #1118
Thanks for the welcome, how ironic...I created that PC this weekend with High Plains Drifter in the background.....
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 07:39
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Welcome aboard. Greetings from Buck Acuff.
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 11:05
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Welcome aboard, Don.

Unread 1st of February, 2005, 13:41
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by kilnpublications Thanks for the welcome, how ironic...I created that PC this weekend with High Plains Drifter in the background.....
Nothing like Clint to get the mental juices flowing.... your pc looks fine by the way. I'm still looking at the details, but overall he's fine.

I just another player request from some folks who run a OLG Wild West and Sidewinder mixed game too (inquired about playing in it)..they saw my posts over at the Sidewinder/Dog House rules boards....

Looks like a 5th possible player in the works..who'll you'll likely meet on the road.....this should be a blast. Got some nice comments on my game.
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 15:02
kilnpublications
Skeleton

Again thanks everybody for the welcomes, I look forward to starting. I tried to set up a PC that would be differnt than the others to try to balance out any future situations we might run into.... Lando when you give me the final OK, do I post it in the character section or do you???
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 15:09
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Post it yourself so that you can edit small things as the game goes along. Lando can edit any post on this thread so the Gm has access. I used to use your avatar, I liked it best from the available selection.
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 17:30
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

great to know we have more players coming,

i expanded a bit on DosSantos background from the conversation DosSantos and Jose De la Cruz had and some movies i had for inspiration over the weekend, addded this to the background

“Grow up fast when yer by yerself, trouble has a nack fer finding you, don’t know how old I was when I killed my first men, got lucky shotim’n the neck, the devil’s brand on my bones, seems folks think they can get away with poking a fellar, til they see the guns he carries, there’s only so much even a boy can take, wasn’t long till I got some scores pay back, got some scrapes but not enogh to keep me down, more than once had to make a dead run, always managed to get up, the saints here kept me out of harms way, there came a time when it seemed I had someone on my trail all the time, sure as shooting the under taker knows he lays out headstones in endless rows, knew there would be more killings so I went off and joined the army, they didn’t seem to mind I yet didn’t have hair on my chest, where all too happy to see wasn’t afraid to pull the trigger, my first skirmish was pretty much like hunting in them woods, just sat up in some tree and they came marching right at us, there must’ve been over a hundred dead after the smoke cleared, went around and shot the rest who weren’t.

Those of us with the knack was made in to a special squad so we could travel light and on our own in to enemy’s territory, orders where pretty simple, just go around and make trouble where ever we could, they turned us loose, grey, blue, we all died the same, with room like that wasn’t long till we was killing men with out a uniform, always thinking was gonna die next, just didn’t happen, seems that went on the rest of the war, the war ended so they told me, came back west, lot of call for men with them skills.

Every once in a while I almost get trough a day with out thinking bout who I am and what I’ve done”

Unread 2nd of February, 2005, 02:54
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by kilnpublications Again thanks everybody for the welcomes, I look forward to starting. I tried to set up a PC that would be differnt than the others to try to balance out any future situations we might run into.... Lando when you give me the final OK, do I post it in the character section or do you???
Your pc overall looks good, just missing gear/equipment/weapons/wealth....
please send me that asap. You may post Phineus on the character subforum thread. Please make a seperate/new thread for your pc. You may post the whole character sheet if you like or as much as you wish to share.
Unread 2nd of February, 2005, 02:57
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Belkregos great to know we have more players coming,

i expanded a bit on DosSantos background from the conversation DosSantos and Jose De la Cruz had and some movies i had for inspiration over the weekend, addded this to the background
I'm very much enjoying your character expansion and further detail. Planning to award some xp for this as I like detailed backgrounds and seeing folks roleplay over just shooting/killing everything in sight.

BTW:

Currently yourself, Buck and Jose have earned 220 xp for your roleplaying and character backgrounds.
Unread 2nd of February, 2005, 07:42
kilnpublications
Skeleton

Lando I will send over the equipment and other info tonight...will post character shortly Is there an easy way to cut and paste from a Word document or do I have to manually type everything out???

Last edited by kilnpublications; 2nd of February, 2005 at 07:55.
Unread 2nd of February, 2005, 10:03
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Originally Posted by kilnpublications Lando I will send over the equipment and other info tonight...will post character shortly Is there an easy way to cut and paste from a Word document or do I have to manually type everything out???
you can just cut and paste, did you have problems?
Unread 2nd of February, 2005, 11:00
kilnpublications
Skeleton

Yes I was getting a javascript error in Firefox...go figure.. OK I used IE (shudder) and it worked so Lando I have the equipment and wealth on there as well. I think I am ready now...

Last edited by kilnpublications; 2nd of February, 2005 at 12:01.
Unread 2nd of February, 2005, 12:48
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by kilnpublications Lando I will send over the equipment and other info tonight...will post character shortly Is there an easy way to cut and paste from a Word document or do I have to manually type everything out???
Should be able to cut/paste and might just need to edit it...check "preview" before you post it... or edit after you post if you don't like how it spaces.
Unread 3rd of February, 2005, 00:22
kilnpublications
Skeleton

I got it up finally so I think I am ready to begin.....