Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Unread 14th of January, 2005, 13:39
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Member: #1052
...Hi Guys ill be out for the weekend, ill be backpacking in death valley...

Oh, I've been through the desert on a horse with no name; it feels good to get out of the rain...

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 14th of January, 2005, 13:43
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

I just had a thought, Lando. How do you want us to do dice rolling? Honor system, or is there a service that you want us to use?

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 14th of January, 2005, 14:07
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Member: #952
I thought Lando would be rolling the dice. Have fun camping, darn fine time of year for that. We should all brainstorm on a concrete way to play both faro and poker, the rules aren't quite there in my opinion. What do y'all think?
Unread 14th of January, 2005, 23:57
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
“ Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit I just had a thought, Lando. How do you want us to do dice rolling? Honor system, or is there a service that you want us to use? ”
I've used the honor system and various dice rollers in the past. I will also take cut/paste rolls from OpenRPG's diceroller.

Or if you all want I can roll, just the game will move a lot slower then as I can't be rolling dice too often at work.
Unread 14th of January, 2005, 23:58
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington I thought Lando would be rolling the dice. Have fun camping, darn fine time of year for that. We should all brainstorm on a concrete way to play both faro and poker, the rules aren't quite there in my opinion. What do y'all think? ”
Which is why I'm glad I got Sidewinder: Recoiled d20 to go with OGL Wild West...its got some more rules on gambling/faro etc. I'll be reviewing it this weekend and getting back to you.

What did you want to do with your masterwork weapon idea?
Unread 15th of January, 2005, 02:09
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Buck's short on cash right now, but hopefully if the cards treat him right he'll be able to score some.
Unread 15th of January, 2005, 02:38
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

I personally use Irony Games Dice Server for one of my other PBeMs. It's consistently "random" (as random as a computer program can be ).

Unread 18th of January, 2005, 14:42
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
back and ready!!!
the storms sure did a job on the desert, looking good,

a general question, what's the general rule of law on the setting, in some westerns i see its ok to kill someone if he is cheating, if he oes for a gun, if there are no whitneses,for an insult any way i just wanted to know whats the generaly accepted,
Unread 19th of January, 2005, 03:03
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Belkregos back and ready!!!
the storms sure did a job on the desert, looking good,

a general question, what's the general rule of law on the setting, in some westerns i see its ok to kill someone if he is cheating, if he oes for a gun, if there are no whitneses,for an insult any way i just wanted to know whats the generaly accepted,
”
Well since there is a sherriff and a fort nearby, there is law...but its like any town in 1870, there are gunslingers, gamblers and others here armed and dangerous. Depends on what you do most likely with your gun.
Unread 21st of January, 2005, 04:49
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

I am really enjoying this game
Unread 21st of January, 2005, 06:53
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Yeah, Bandit win some lose some...
This game rocks, can't wait to try out the combat rules. Buck hasn't popped a cap in a while.
Unread 22nd of January, 2005, 02:39
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Belkregos I am really enjoying this game ”
Thank you very much, am really enjoying it so far myself. Has turned out well. Still got an opening for another player or two, but 3 so far is pretty good.
Unread 22nd of January, 2005, 02:40
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Yeah, Bandit win some lose some...
This game rocks, can't wait to try out the combat rules. Buck hasn't popped a cap in a while.
”
Indeed, things are shaping up nicely for the 3 strangers and the cigar smoking spur ka-chinking fellow.... who knows what'll happen next?!
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 03:17
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Drats! Lando I posted while you were working on the latest, Foiled again....
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 03:21
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Drats! Lando I posted while you were working on the latest, Foiled again.... ”
Yep catching up at lunch.
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 05:01
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

i found a great deal over the weekend, a dvd set of 50 western movies for 5 dlls!! , there are some good ones, some john wayne, jack palace, some great spaggety westers, some i dont care for bur hey 5 dlls!!! so im getting some inspiration there
i updated DosSantos description, i droped the "alacran" from the name
onother question, i was reading up on the sidewinder supplemet and they also have the professions there, and they kind of round out the characters so i was wondering if we can add what's there
theres a great one for left-handed bandit's Jose DeLACruz the "rifle man" profession is pretty cool
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 06:26
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Belkregos the characters so i was wondering if we can add what's there theres a great one for left-handed bandit's Jose DeLACruz the "rifle man" profession is pretty cool ”
Ah, lucky you! I found some other movies and a few Westerns marked down at the local Walmart....bought them and am slowly watching them. I intend to get some more as I find them, checking Ebay too. Where'd you find such a bargain?

Yes I'm making heavy use of Sidewinder: Recoiled for all the stuff OGL Wild West lacks. Also not using the "Language Feat", making Languages skill based like standard d20 D&D. Sure you can use those descriptions if you like.

If you hadn't noticed, Fort Griffin/The Flat is taken from Sidewinder: Recoiled with some of my own modifications. Found a historical book at the library with a bit about it too.
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 07:18
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Okay, so I need to burn a couple skill points to speak English, and I can use the feat for something else? (Just an aside, I actually thought it was pretty appropriate to make languages a feat, rather than a skill...to me, it just seems to fit the Wild West better.)

Unread 25th of January, 2005, 13:02
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit Okay, so I need to burn a couple skill points to speak English, and I can use the feat for something else? (Just an aside, I actually thought it was pretty appropriate to make languages a feat, rather than a skill...to me, it just seems to fit the Wild West better.) ”
Well upto you, but you can have it as a feat if you wish to have had to learn it in something beyond common slang etc.... upto you...makes your pc more unique is fine... just didn't wish it to be a feat for everything personally.

Languages aren't feats in Conan, D&D or any other d20 game.
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 17:39
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

“ Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi Ah, lucky you! I found some other movies and a few Westerns marked down at the local Walmart....bought them and am slowly watching them. I intend to get some more as I find them, checking Ebay too. Where'd you find such a bargain?

Yes I'm making heavy use of Sidewinder: Recoiled for all the stuff OGL Wild West lacks. Also not using the "Language Feat", making Languages skill based like standard d20 D&D. Sure you can use those descriptions if you like.

If you hadn't noticed, Fort Griffin/The Flat is taken from Sidewinder: Recoiled with some of my own modifications. Found a historical book at the library with a bit about it too.
”
found it at the local video store, its a boxed set, 12 double sided DVD's they where used but hey, thats ok, some movies are pretty hookee some singing and stuff but there are a few good ones,

btw, if the rest of the guys dont have the sidewinder book i can scan a couple of pages for ya if you want, just let me know

take care
O.
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 23:01
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Scanning of the sidewinder book would be most helpful! I'm lacking info on masterwork items, and would like to peruse the info available on other occupations and optional feats.
Unread 26th of January, 2005, 03:36
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

“ Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Scanning of the sidewinder book would be most helpful! I'm lacking info on masterwork items, and would like to peruse the info available on other occupations and optional feats. ”
sounds good, ill sacn a couple of pages at a time, didn'd bring the book with me today but ill try to email you some pages tomorrow,
left-handed: if you'd like the scans as well, send me your email, ill be glad to

O.
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 12:35
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Belkregos found it at the local video store, its a boxed set, 12 double sided DVD's they where used but hey, thats ok, some movies are pretty hookee some singing and stuff but there are a few good ones ”
Last night I bought a copy of The Long Riders at my local grocery store for $10 on DVD... classic Western from the 80s with David Carradine among others....David's a frequent vistor to Dragon*Con here... looks like a got a possible item for an autograph now... Will be watching some movies this weekend I think.

While at my comic shop picking up my Conan comics tonight I found a new Wild West comic out... looks good, done by a comic writer/novel writer who's done works for Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Star Trek and others.

Called Desperadoes Banners of Gold by IDW Publishing.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/?path=t...ew=title&id=89

I bought the first two issues...looks Wild West with a bit of horror...adult oriented (mature reader label).... might be good....

Anyhow this game is really going good. I also had someone inquire from my ads at Mongoose boards...might have a new player in the future....
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 13:01
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

looks cool!!! ill check it out

yea, i like this game, i was swetting there for a moment

BTW, i scan the rules for mastercraft weapons and the regular proffesions from sidewinder, i emailed them to left-handed and Buck Acuff let me know if you got them ok guys

take care
O.
Unread 28th of January, 2005, 03:13
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Belkregos looks cool!!! ill check it out

yea, i like this game, i was swetting there for a moment
”
It is cool, think you'll like it. As for sweating, just wait until things get really rolling shortly.... its going to get even better.