Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 26th of April, 2010, 05:26
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Jimmy's Ranch

The ranch hands and townsfolk help Jeb and Jimmy gather the wounded and hitch up a couple of wagons. They load up the dead on one and the wounded on another and the survivors all mount up. Jimmy's wife helps tend to some of the wounded, and helps Jeb by wrapping up his wound a bit. The sheriff nods, "Aye, let's go, thank you for your help sir. You will be rewarded."

Fort Griffin

Hearing that the Indian attack has been routed, many people rejoice as the soldiers continue staying on alert. The wounded flow into the field hospital and others come to lend aid now that they can come out of their shops and homes.

After a bit, two wagons and several horseman ride into the town, after passing by several soldiers watching the road. The sheriff escorts the wagon of wounded to the hopsital as the other wagon is taken to the undertaker and take care of the citizens, the other dead are removed.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 26th of April, 2010, 10:45
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward would like nothing more than to take a break and join in the celebration, but that's out of the question. It'll be a while still before things calm down for him. At least things shouldn't get any worse from here.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 3rd of May, 2010, 13:35
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
It seems like it took forever to ride back to town. While Jeb had seen much fighting and killing in the past, the scale of the Indian attacks were well beyond anything he had experienced personally. He'd heard stories of the War between the States but that mainly took place out east. He'd never really been able to understand the scale of that conflict or the stories he heard just didn't do it justice. Out here though, it seemed the war with the Comanche was just getting started. Out here, he'd seen men he was just talking to die in his arms or at his feet. Out here, the fighting wasn't personal, it was just mindless killing between men that didn't know any better.

Jeb could understand blood feuds and personal combat. He could even kind of understand why the Indians felt like they had to make a stand here and now. What he couldn't wrap his mind around was where it was all going to end. It didn't seem like there was a resolution short of outright destruction of one way of life or the other. And here sat Jeb, right in the middle. One foot with his mother's people and the other with his father's. It was times like this that he felt like running back into the mountains. Up there, your struggles were personal and so were your enemies. Jeb visibly shook his head, trying to banish the thoughts. His gaze turned outside himself and he was pleasantly surprised to see that they had made it to town. He helped unload the wounded and then took a seat himself, waiting for the doc to clean up his shoulder.

"Damn, that things never going to get a chance to heal at this rate." Jeb thought to himself as he settled in for his wait.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 7th of May, 2010, 11:17
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
The sheriff heads off with the riders who aren't wounded and goes to tend to matters at the jail. He looks at Jeb and nods, "Good work son, come see me once you're fixed up and I'll give you some coin for your help with the Commanches." The town of Fort Griffin begins to return to a bit of normalcy as the flow of the wounded from the Commanche attack slows a bit. With this breathe, Edward catches his breath He takes a deep draught of fresh water from a barrel supplied by some of the townsfolk. Alicia helps Edward clean up as the wounded from the raid on Jimmy's ranch come in to the hospital. Jeb is amongst the wounded. Alicia's eyes gleam as she comes over to look at Jeb's shoulder wound. "Looks like Edward is going to need to take out these shells and stitch you up proper this time."
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 8th of May, 2010, 09:05
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward's spirits finally lift at the sight of the dwindling numbers of patients. Seeing Jeb among them however seems to bring out quite a bit of repressed frustration as he immediately lays into him. "What do you think you're doing man? I have a hard enough time dressing people's wounds without them going out and reopening them the next day! What is this? Let me take a look! Shirt! Off!"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 9th of May, 2010, 08:57
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb grins sheepishly and tries to shrug, succeeding only in changing the grin into a grimace. "Sorry Doc. Sometimes the choice is between being hurt or being dead. I wasn't dead and I figgered to keep it so. Besides, the Comanche been killing men and carrying off the women and any women carried off woulda faired a mite worse than me if'n I'd a just layed around in bed while the attack's going on."

Jeb unties his shirt and attempts to pull it over his head, eliciting another wince as he raises his arm. "Believe you me, I'm just as anxious and agitated that I can't get my shoulder healed up as anyone. I never knew I used my shoulder that much. It pretty much hurts all the time."

Dropping the shirt to his side, Jeb pulls out a cigar and leans back. Clamping his teeth down on the end of the cigar, he nods over to the Doc. "Well, how much worse did I make it?"
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 12th of May, 2010, 05:56
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Originally Posted by Lucky # Dropping the shirt to his side, Jeb pulls out a cigar and leans back. Clamping his teeth down on the end of the cigar, he nods over to the Doc. "Well, how much worse did I make it?"
Alicia lends a hand with helping Jeb get his shirt off. His shoulder is pretty swollen and the wound is definitely worse. It has been temporarily patched, but it has bled through and soaked it til it's pretty useless. Looks like it might need some surgery and definitely stitching/rewrapping etc.

ooc: gimme some treat injury/surgery rolls.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 12th of May, 2010, 10:36
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward recoils slightly from the sight on instinct, but quickly recovers. "Uh... well, it only smells like blood. So that's good... I'm terribly sorry but, this is going to hurt... A lot."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 20th of May, 2010, 10:46
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
"Yea, I figgered." Jeb mutters through clenched teeth. Reaching up with his good hand, he holds the cigar so he can speak clearly. He makes eye contact with Alicia to be sure he's heard. "Darlin' you think you can get me a bottle of whiskey? When the Doc yells at you and tells you it's going to hurt a lot, it kinda makes a man feel like getting hammered first."

Then Jeb leans back and closes his eyes. Before he puts the cigar back in his mouth, he says. "You don't mind waiting for a moment do you Doc?"
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 30th of May, 2010, 02:50
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Alicia's eyes hold Jeb's and she smiles, "It's alright darlin', got plenty on hand." She goes over and opens a bottle and hands it to Jeb. Jeb takes a couple good swallows as he holds it with his uninjured hand. Edward begins examining the wound as he sees it obviously has been torn open again due to use and after a lot of cleaning and some work, he sews the wound shut and wraps it in clean bandages.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 7th of June, 2010, 10:54
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb sits through the surgery and keeps his mouth clenched tightly shut... mostly. Despite his strong constitution, the abuse which has been heaped upon his shoulder forces out the random explicative as the doc works.

When it's finally over, he takes another shot of whiskey and tries to stand up. A rush of blood coursing through his system almost drops him to his knees as the room seems to rush towards him like a rapidly running river. Leaning back to catch his breath, he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"I'm going to need a bit of help getting back to my own room."
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 12th of June, 2010, 05:28
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
The cleanup continues in Fort Griffin and the wounded begin to file in and the others who have already been treated are moved to the make shift hospital or released if not too serious. Cindy is amongst several other doves from the Beehive here helping out with guidance from Alicia. Cindy comes over to offer her arm to Jeb. "I'll make sure you get back to your bed safe darlin'."
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 27th of June, 2010, 09:29
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb takes Cindy's offered arm and tries not to lean too heavily on her as he rocks to his feet and heads out of the makeshift hospital room. The stairs up to his room are a challenge but he grits his teeth and toughs it out just long enough to get himself settled down on his bed. From a sitting position on his bed, he looks down at his feet and then shrugs.

"I'm sorry darlin'. I don't think I can get my boots off. Mind giving me a hand with that too?" Jeb smiles at Cindy and then just lets himself flop down upon the bed, not caring if Cindy gets the boots off or not. It feels good just to rest. Jeb finds himself wondering if he's ever going to feel good again. It's been a long time since he was fit as a fiddle. He smiles to himself as he feels the warm glow from the whiskey tugging at his consciousness.

"G'nite." He mumbles to Cindy as he is vaguely aware of her tugging at his boots.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 6th of July, 2010, 03:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Beehive Saloon

Cindy holds onto Jeb and guides him back to the Beehive Saloon, taking the steps slowly, thankfully there is a railing. Cindy's eyes twinkle as she helps Jeb with his boots and clothes, "I've not issue with helping you darlin'." She actually carefully helps him undress and tucks him in, gently curling up next to him. Jeb rests for several days and is tended by Cindy and some of the other doves at the Beehive. Edward comes along to check on his shoulder from time to time.

Field Hospital

The final wounded are tended too and Edward gets a moment to clean up and get a little rest and some dinner. Alicia is there with him. The wounded begin healing and the hospital is taken down as people return to their homes and lives. Over the next week the town and fort seem to go back to a normal pace.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 6th of July, 2010, 11:03
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward continues to work on making his clinic a decent place for him to do his work. His initial reason for coming here taking a back seat to dealing with the life he now had. He gladly offered his help to the Beehive and the doves. Doing whatever he could to help them, including teaching them what he could from his own knowledge to help them avoid clients that might leave them unwanted gifts. He of course took a special care of Alicia.

He was glad to see Jeb's recovery now that he'd finally decided to actually try to heal and was happy to tell him that there was a good chance he'd regain full use of his arm.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 03:43
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
The past week had been rather slow for Jeb, not that he minded having Cindy and the girls coming by with food and a little tender loving care. The doc was good at checking in and keeping the bandages clean too. Before too long, the constant throbbing ache in his shoulder calmed down enough to not be too noticeable.

Jeb knew from the doctor's good natured admonitions that his shoulder wasn't all the way back, but he sure felt like he was getting his old self back. The next time Cindy came in with a meal, Jeb was waiting for her and as she put the food down, he stepped over and swept her up into his arms and spun her around a couple times before dropping her on his bed. Jeb raised his arm above his head and windmilled it at his side. He felt the strain of the sudden exertion but it didn't make him feel like he was going to pass out. This time, it was a good pain, a healing pain. Jeb flopped down on his back on the bed next to Cindy, still keeping his arm raised and moving it into different positions, feeling where it hurt and how bad as he started speaking.

"I can't stay cooped up here in this room forever you know." Jeb looked over at Cindy. "I appreciate all you've done for me and I really have had fun being with you..." Jeb paused a moment, looking for the right words to say. "...but I'm not ready to settle down and live in town. I need to get outside. I need to be able to see the stars above my head when I'm lying down. I need to feel the wind in my hair and feel the sun upon my face." Jeb's face scrunches up. He looks like he's telling himself as much as Cindy.

"I just don't want you to get the wrong idea." Jeb lies there second, looking at Cindy then rocks to a sitting position at the edge of the bed. "I'm not good with words but I just wanted you to know. Anyways, I'm hungry."
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 04:33
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Fort Griffin

Edward took over the former deceased doctor's shop and with some help from the grateful townsfolk and Alicia he got it cleaned up and ready for business. Edward continues to treat the doves of the Beehive and some other saloons begin inquiring about treating their doves as well.

He gets some regular business from those with toothaches, belly aches, hangovers and the like.


Beehive Saloon

Cindy tends to Jeb and giggles with delight as he sweeps her up off her feet, she lays down, pulling him to her with a kiss. She listens to him intently.

Originally Posted by Lucky # "I just don't want you to get the wrong idea." Jeb lies there second, looking at Cindy then rocks to a sitting position at the edge of the bed. "I'm not good with words but I just wanted you to know. Anyways, I'm hungry."
Cindy nods as he speaks to her, tears soft in her eyes, "Take me with you then, for if you don't visit me I shall miss you terribly. As for food, how about a steak dinner?"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 14th of August, 2010, 12:56
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
With everything Edward has had on his mind lately the original reason for his coming Fort Griffon quickly slips into the back of his mind. Being a doctor whose patients were made up primarily of beautiful women can demands a lot of attention. Despite this he couldn't help wondering if Alicia would ever change her mind about living such a lifestyle. He supposed it didn't really matter as long as he could stay with her, but there was always the nagging worry that something might happen to her like what he'd read in the paper the day he'd arrived.

Today, like so many other days he enters the Beehive and pulls up a chair at the bar, ordering himself a drink. He'd have to check on Jeb again today, but he was fairly certain that would soon come to an end.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 7th of September, 2010, 05:35
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi # Cindy nods as he speaks to her, tears soft in her eyes, "Take me with you then, for if you don't visit me I shall miss you terribly. As for food, how about a steak dinner?"
"You know I can't take you with me where I'm going. It's no place for a lady out there. I'm not telling you to wait for me, but you can be sure I'll come back to visit from time to time if you're still available. Don't be sad, there are plenty of men around town that ain't never going to leave. I just ain't one of them. "

Jeb can feel the water in his eyes welling up. He hadn't had much experience in being around women, much less what to say when you're leaving them and it stung more than he thought it would. But he hardened his heart and blinked back the tears before he continued.

"A steak dinner sounds fine. I'd like for you to join me if you would. Let's get on downstairs."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren