Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 20th of November, 2009, 13:00
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb glances over at the man speaking and gives him a quick once over. Seeing his military jacket, Jeb nods a greeting. "Not sure we actually met on the ride over here. My name's Jebediah. If'n you've been in battle before and ain't afraid to shoot to kill, you're welcome at my side."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 20th of November, 2009, 17:02
Candleman's Avatar
Candleman
Spawn of Kyuss [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2004
Location: I honestly do not know.
Posts: 596 (0.15 per day)
The man laughs, a quick, sincere chuckle. "Sean," he says, looking around. "I've seen my fair share of killing, to be sure. I figure since we're all on the same side, it's always a good idea to know the man you're fighting with."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 23rd of November, 2009, 11:39
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Fort Griffin - Hospital

Edward works furiously and tries to save a badly injured soldier's life. He begins doing some surgery taking out several arrows and a bullet or two. After working a bit, he wraps up the soldier and goes and washes up. The soldier is helped to a makeshift bed and rests.

The women helping Edward seem happy to see such a bright young doctor here to help the town.

More wounded begin drifting in and some other townsfolk show up with linens and stuff. "How can we help doc?"

Jimmy's Ranch

The Indian war party chant/holler and circle the ranch, as the men from Fort Griffin take positions around the corral and ranch, readying their guns. Jeb and Sean setup their rifles and exchange greetings. The woman cries over her fallen husband as the sheriff and two others try to haul him inside and save his life.

ooc: Give me an init Candleman.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 23rd of November, 2009, 12:57
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
How could they help? Edward knew how to treat injuries and disease, but he'd never really been in charge of anything or anyone. "I need someone to make sure we've got enough bandages and clean water. We need whiskey to numb the pain, and if you've got any other medicine around I'd like it brought here... Uh, if it starts getting too crowded we could use a tent. We need to keep the wounded in the shade." He really isn't sure what else he could ask them to do.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 2nd of December, 2009, 11:13
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Fort Griffin-Hospital

Several townsfolk bring more linens and stuff to the makeshift hospital setup. More tents are put up outside the old doctor's office. The town mayor comes and gives Edward the keys to the old doctor's office. "Here young man, think this should be yours now. Thank you for your help and service to my town."

Alicia comes from the Beehive with a couple of bottles of whiskey. She's wearing less formal wear and nearly looks like a cowgirl herself in boots, pants and shirt. "Elias figured you could use this."

Gunshots still can be heard and there is the abrupt boom of a cannon from Fort Griffin.

Jimmy's Ranch

The surviving ranch hands and the sheriff and his possee all prepare to hold off the Indian war party. The sheriff tries to help patch up Jimmy inside his ranch as his wife heats up water on the stove and helps reload several rifles.

The Indians begin circling the ranch and begin taking shots and shooting bows as well as throwing spears. Gunshots ring out in return fire from the ranchers and townsfolk.

Round 1

Initiative
Sean
Sheriff
Indian War Leadre
Jeb
Indians
Ranchers
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 2nd of December, 2009, 13:51
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Edward swallowed hard at the sight of Alicia. He'd never seen a woman wear men's clothes before... but they somehow didn't diminish her attractiveness in the slightest, if anything they brought it out even more. "Ubba... Ye- yeah... Thank you... Alicia..." He stuttered, grateful he hadn't been in the middle of any delicate procedures at the moment he saw her. "I um... Do you know where the old doctor's office is? I've... Well someone... the Mayor... he gave me this key just now... I dunno what to do with it but... D'you think he might have some medicine there that's still good?"

He was sounding like an idiot again, and it was all because of those damnedable arrousing clothes. Not that he really was unhappy about them, but... He was just so damned easy to disorient. It was frustrating.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 12th of December, 2009, 15:22
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
"Good luck." Jeb says to Sean as he turns his sight back to the circling Indians. Taking careful aim, he lets loose a shot but doesn't bother to follow the Indian to view his results. Cocking his rifle, he picks out another Indian and lowers the barrel of his rifle to begin tracking his next shot.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 18th of December, 2009, 11:57
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Fort Griffin-Hospital

Alicia smiles as Edward looks at her and loses himself temporarily. When he inquires about the old doctor's office, she nods. "Yes, it's not too far from here, it's down Parson Street and near the corner of 4th street." There are a good bit of townsfolk here helping now, so its not entirely chaos anymore. Although, the sounds of fighting can still be heard.


Jimmy's Ranch

The Indian war band leader has an actual gun and shoots at Sean, but misses just barely. The shot blows a chip of the fence he's behind away. Gunshots ring out as the ranchers and townsfolk try to stop the Indians from killing them and stealing the ranche's horses and cattle. Jeb takes a shot as an Indian brave throws a spear into him. The spear hits Jeb's wounded shoulder. The shot hits the brave, knocking him from his horse, he begins to get up, drawing his tomahawk. Several other Indians are hit by gunshots and a few of the shooters get shot by bows or hit by spears.

ooc: Sean?

Round 1

Initiative
Sean
Sheriff
Indian War Leader
Jeb
Indians
Ranchers

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 18th of December, 2009 at 12:10.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 18th of December, 2009, 19:33
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"Alright. Can I get..." He paused. If he just asked for someone, anyone, to go get what he needed they might not be careful enough. "Alicia... can you um... bring some people with careful hands to bring me back anything with a label from there?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 6th of January, 2010, 05:36
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Fort Griffin-Hospital

Alicia looks at Edward and says, "Alright, I'll see what I can do. Give me the keys to the building." She then takes a couple of women and a young fellow and they head down there.

About 30 minutes later they come back carrying some boxes with bottles and medical supplies in them.


Jimmy's Ranch

The Indian war band leader has an actual gun and shoots at Sean, but misses just barely. The shot blows a chip of the fence he's behind away. Gunshots ring out as the ranchers and townsfolk try to stop the Indians from killing them and stealing the ranche's horses and cattle. Jeb takes a shot as an Indian brave throws a spear into him. The spear hits Jeb's wounded shoulder. The shot hits the brave, knocking him from his horse, he begins to get up, drawing his tomahawk. Several other Indians are hit by gunshots and a few of the shooters get shot by bows or hit by spears.

ooc: Sean? Jeb?

Round 2

Initiative
Sean
Sheriff
Indian War Leader
Jeb
Indians
Ranchers
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 6th of January, 2010, 06:50
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"Thank you Alicia. Can you find a place to set it all up so I can look over it?" Edward finishes up what he's doing and quickly moves over to examine the loot.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 6th of January, 2010, 12:19
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb grunts at the spear hits him in the shoulder. He drops the Henry rifle to the ground at his feet and grabs the shaft of the spear with his other hand and gritting his teeth and bracing himself against the corral, Jeb pulls the spear tip out and drops the spear to the ground next to his rifle.

"You take care of the cover fire, I'll handle this hear buck that's coming in." Jeb says to Sean as he pulls out his Bowie knife and rises into a combat crouch, trying to keep in the shadows of the corral. He wasn't sure how exposed he was but he wanted to make it as hard as possible for the circling Indians to get a good shot at him.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 11th of January, 2010, 05:59
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Fort Griffin-Hospital

Alicia nods and goes to get a small table moved over and puts all the bottles and gear upon it. Edward sees a variety of medicines and medical gear, some bandages and the like.


Jimmy's Ranch

Sean shoots an indian down as the other ranchers and towsfolk continue the showdown with the Indian war party. The brave who Jeb knocked off his horse circles around with a tomahawk readied and tries to behead Sean. This gives Jeb an opportunity.


Initiative
Sean
Sheriff
Indian War Leader
Jeb
Indians (3 dead)
Ranchers
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 11th of January, 2010, 13:28
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Edward continues doing what he's been doing. Helping the wounded as best he can. Using the extra supplies the best way he can.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 13th of January, 2010, 16:44
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Watching the brave intently, Jeb moves as soon as the Indian moves. Trying to intercept, Jeb steps forward and to the side as he tries to plunge his knife into the brave. He yells a warning just in case.

"Look out Sean."
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 7th of February, 2010, 05:48
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Fort Griffin-Hospital

Edward continues working on the incoming wounded. There is much chaos at the hospital as more wounded soldiers come in on a wagon. Gunshots and cannon fire can be heard in the distance.

((give me some Treat Injury checks))


Jimmy's Ranch

Jeb stabs the Indian in the back with his knife, wounding him as the brave swings his tomahawk and nearly beheads Sean. Sean turns around, whipping out his pistol and shoots the brave dead. He looks at Jeb, "Thank you." Then one of the Indians hits Sean in the head and he falls over dead. After another round, the war leader gets wounded as the ranchers and the sherrif begin shooting back with a little more zeal. The Indians circle around, and begin to retreat.

Initiative
Sean - dead
Sheriff
Indian War Leader - wounded
Jeb
Indians (4 dead)
Ranchers

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 16th of February, 2010 at 10:29.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 7th of February, 2010, 06:07
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Edward continues to work as best he can but the constant gunfire is getting to him.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 12th of February, 2010, 12:07
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
"Holy..." Jeb can't get anything else out, he's so surprised at what just happened. He ducks back down and picks up his rifle that he had dropped to the ground earlier. It looks like the attack is dying down so he grabs Sean's belt and half carries, half drags the body over to the porch. No sense in letting the Indians desecrate the man's body.

Once there, he takes aim and fires at any of the Indians that isn't immediately hurrying off. The kick of the rifle reminds him of his shoulder wound.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 19th of March, 2010, 22:58
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Fort Griffin-Hospital

The wounded soldiers and a couple of civillians are unloaded from the wagon and moved to make shift cots/beds in the field hospital now overseen by Dr. Edward and his small "staff" of volunteers, including the beautiful, but now pretty dirty looking "dove" known as Alicia.

Edward is busy tending to the wounded, giving them bits of his dwindling supplies of medicines and cutting out bullets, amputating limbs and the like. It's a bloody mess and feels like hell on Earth.

Gunshots and cannon fire can be heard in the distance, but it appears to be lessening.


Jimmy's Ranch

The surviving ranchers begin hooping and hollering as they route the Indians. They continue shooting at the retreating Indian warband. Jeb hauls/drags Sean's body over to the ranch's porch and then readies his rifle, taking aim and shoots. His shot hits on of the last Indians in the warband and knocks him off his horse, he falls on the ground.

Initiative
Sean - dead
Sheriff
Indian War Leader - wounded
Jeb
Indians (4 dead)
Ranchers (1 dead, several wounded)

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 19th of March, 2010 at 23:00.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 26th of March, 2010, 12:03
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
The kick from the last shot was too much for Jeb's shoulder and he is barely able to lean the rifle up against the porch before he has to sit down. The adrenaline from the combat has him still jittery but he can feel the nausea building in the pit of his stomach. His pistol is handy but it doesn't look like the Indians are going to stay around this time.

Looking over the porch, he smiles at the whooping of the survivors. "Didn't know if we'd make it there for a minute or two. How did we make out?" Jeb uses his good hand to unbutton the top of his shirt in order to get a look at where he was hit. It's still leaking blood and Jeb sets his teeth and says to the women tending the wounded. "I'm going to need a bandage for this when you get a chance."
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 29th of March, 2010, 11:48
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Edward keeps working. trying not to think about how much longer this will last. He'd never had to deal with something like this before, and it wasn't something he was looking forward to dealing with in the future. At least it sounded like the battle was slowly dying down.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 31st of March, 2010, 06:45
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Fort Griffin-Hospital

Alicia comes by and cleans the sweat off Edward's forehead with a damp towel, she helps him wash up as he prepares for another round of wounded. Then there are a few more gunshots only you see them from folks in the streets, shooting up in the air. Some are hollering, "We got them! Those damn heathens are running!"


Jimmy's Ranch

Jim is standing with his arm in a sling and holdling a smoking gun as he reloads. "Made out pretty good, we lost a couple of folks, so we'll need to get the doctor and a wagon, but thankfully we survived. Sorry about your friend mister."

The sheriff and the "deputies" from town help gather the fallen or the wounded.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 31st of March, 2010 at 06:47.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 4th of April, 2010, 02:46
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb slowly nods at Jim's words. He's still riding high from the rush of adrenaline he got in the battle but he knows the crash is inevitable. Surveying the bodies, Indian and rancher together, he gets that feeling in the pit of his stomach, the one that says all this fighting is just not worth it.

"There's a doctor back in town. If you have a wagon here, I can load it up with the wounded and go back to town with them. As I said, I'm going to need some more tending to myself."

Jeb heads out to check on the Indians that were shot to make sure that they're dead. If any need help, he'll bring them back to where the wagon is for transport back to town.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 8th of April, 2010, 07:46
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Jimmy's Ranch

Jim nods and says, "I got a couple of wagons, so we'll get one hitched up and you and the sheriff can get the wounded back and the Indians."

He has a couple of ranch hands and some of the townsfolk help gather up the bodies of the fallen and they hitch up a wagon as the sheriff and others remount their horses.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 20th of April, 2010, 15:34
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb helps gather the wounded and help them onto the wagon, staunching the wounds where he can but mostly just giving the conscious rags to hold on their wounds. He will also help gather the dead together near the barn where they will have to await burial. He's not up to doing any digging yet and it won't do to keep them lying about where they lay. Once that is done, he will track down his horse and mount up himself.

Jeb waits for the rest of the townfolk whom he rode out with to gather with their horses before signaling to the sheriff. When the sheriff sees him, he'll ask, "You ready to go?"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren