Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Ergonomic Cat's Games > Our Eyes Have Seen The Glory

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 17th of September, 2010, 12:25
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.71 per day)
Hoplite dropped back into a defensive stance. It was obvious that he could hurt them, just like it was obvious that they could hurt him back. He bared his teeth in a grin and leapt at the creature, bringing the spear straight down at its brain. It was also used to letting its passive defenses deal with attacks.

That was its greatest fault.

"BikeStar, you need to keep moving! Don't give them the chance to corner you!"

------------
OOC: regenerate 3 red stones, dedicate 4 dice to Close Combat, shifting 1 to defense Total attack is 8 red dice. 3 stones in defense. Give 2 red stones to BikeStar to use his unstoppable attack again. 6 red dice spent in total.

Health: 3/4 White
Energy: 1/12 Red
Regen: 3 (3 Red per 2 White)
Relevant Skills: Mental Defense 2, Accelerated Healing Factor

Last edited by Darius; 17th of September, 2010 at 12:38.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 17th of September, 2010, 23:59
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.75 per day)
"Tough little bugs, aren't you? Let's try this again." Brunt stomped on the screaming bug thing again, hoping to turn it into goo this time.

10 stones into Close Combat, including 6 from Strength. 2 stones in Defense for total defense of 6 including Reflexive Dodge.


Health: 10/10 white
Energy: 16/30 red (10 regen - spend 12)
Relevant stats: Strength 13 (from Growth), Durability 10 (from Growth), Health 10 (from Growth)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 18th of September, 2010, 00:30
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.25 per day)
Shadow seems taken aback for a moment, standing with his pistol raised and sword mostly slack in his hand. His head turns to a slight angle and his mein is thoughtful. It lasts only a few moments however. Abruptly he reaches a moment of decision. He promptly puts away his sword and pistol in turn and walks the few intervening steps to stand directly before the illuminated space where the birds 'perch' in the air.

He produces a small round palm sized cannister in his left hand, a black metallic thing with red ideogram markings. His finger squeeze and depress a switch with a less than obvious location. This causes the top of the container split into sections and splay open from the top like a flower spreading it's petals. Within is a coarse darkly red dust. Just as this finishes opening his other hand opens and drops a small handful of glittering purple crystals onto the dust. Again the fingers squeeze and then the thin spindles of metal fold down and closed over the crystals and dust. Next comes a small flask of yellow fluid, the thickness of perhaps a pencil and the length of finger. This is inserted into the side of the cannister and a mechanical sound can be heard as the fluid is prompty injected into the mixture. Putting the flask away he adjust some sort of setting on the cannister, causing the ideograms to shift. A grinding sound can be heard for a brief moment afterwhich he gives the container a few quick shakes back and forth with his hand and reopens it. The dust has turned a brilliant blue, and turned to much finer grain.

He takes a breath, then raises the open container before his face as he leans in towards the birds and breathes out. The fine grained nature of the dust makes it take to the air with his breath easily, billowing out in a spreading cloud the drifts in a lazily expanding volume over and around the birds, twinkling in a glittery and striking way.

OOC:

Health: 2/2
Energy: 6/16 ( Regen - 10 )

Spending 2 energy to produce the improvised reagent. 8 on investigating/examining the birds, with the benefit of the reagent... so that should make for a 10 investigative action?
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."

Last edited by Vortigern; 18th of September, 2010 at 04:32.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 18th of September, 2010, 05:01
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
"That makes no sense! It must be a red herring to get us to leave the scene!"

Reaching out to his two comrads he indicates he would like to teleport them away. If they accept he will take them off to the roof of the shortest stable building overlooking the damage site (maybe even the parking garage).


------------
OOC: 2 stones into speed to get to his friends, 3 stones into Teleport to get them out, and 1 stone to look around with Hunting/Tracking (Eagle Vision).
No stones in Defense, just his suit for a 1.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 18th of September, 2010, 12:46
SRJJJB
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8226
Posts: 160 (0.05 per day)
((I notice you said that I take 4 red stones of damage per creature. So that would be a total of 8 red stones and not 12 so in other words a total of 3 white stones of damage. Since the third creature didn't hit I don't see how I got 12 so I'm going under the assumption that you just overdid it.))

Bike Star grinned as his attacked send the armored creature flying. He knew he was strong enough to rip buildings apart. This thing would have no chance.

Boy was he wrong.

Whatever the thing was made it, it was tough. It stood back up with visible pain and attack him. With an easy swipe he push the attack away. At this point he knew he would have no problem.

Again was he ever wrong.

Two more of the Armored Creatures attacked him from both sides. He spun around trying to avoid them but their teethes found the mark as he felt his flesh torn to shreds. These weren't normal wounds either. He was already out of fuel but these things were trying to suck out more. Luckily he still had some strength left and he kicked the things away. Brunt took the opportunity to strike it down. Yet it was not enough.

What... What the hell is these things?

He had to stop them from attacking him again. Again he focus the energy from his chest piece. He felt it healing him. He felt the power coming back. With that he clapped his hands together producing a massive sonic boom around him.

((OOC: 5 red stones into Mastery of Sonic: Force Blast. It does normal damage but it also does an area attack vs. Durability (To Stun). If any damage occurs the creatures are basically stunned. The duration of the stun is equal to 1 Panel per stone of Damage. The range is 4. Also apparently it can shatter objects.

Health: 2/5 White
Energy: 0/15 Red
Regen: 3 (3 Red per 2 White)
Relevant Skills: Accelerated Healing Factor))
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 22nd of September, 2010, 15:18
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.69 per day)
Too much is going on at once for even The Wiz to keep up with everything. Her stun wand had had no effect (she'd been hoping to avoid using it at all, but had also been hoping it would do something), and her visor could only track one beast at a time.

Psycho, if you can hear me, tell the others that the beasts seem to be draining something from them, though I can't tell what.

How could she help? She hadn't been able to discover anything about the beasts, her stun wand was doing nothing, and she had no super-abilities. Her one supposed advantage was her smarts, but a fat lot of good that was doing her at the moment. If she could just figure out how to help her teammates...

Maybe she could give some of her mental power to Psycho? It was worth a try...

Psycho, there's not much I can do right now to help. You said my mind was "strong." Can you use that to help the others?
-----

[OOC: I don't know how helping someone else works, and I don't have time to search through the whole book, so can someone tell me if I can give all the stones in my pool to Psycho? I would maybe give them to someone else, but this works best with the fiction.

If I can't give some or all of the stones to Psycho, use what's left to investigate the bugs again. Maybe seeing them fight and seeing that draining was enough to give The Wiz a hint.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 24th of September, 2010, 12:17
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.31 per day)
Obsidian Dawn was dazed for a moment and realized that her team mates were being obliterated by these harmless looking creatures. flying into action she rushed at the nearest one while igniting a blade from her finger tips and following suit of the baseball and player grew to 60 feet.

-------
OOC: 1 stone towards psi weapon and 5 towards close combat for a total of 6 towards smacking the little bugger. Also 3 stones towards growth No idea if I did that right or not

relevant stats: strength 8 speed 9

health 4/4
durability increased to 7
strength increase to 12
energy: 12/21
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 2nd of October, 2010, 04:04
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.36 per day)
Psycho reached out for the Wiz's raw brainpower, but couldn't use it. But Psycho was far from a weak flower on her own - She reached out, and wrapped her brain around two of the creatures, lifting them into the air.

"You seem lonely. Go hug your friend." With a contemptuous mental flick, she flung the creatures into each other, away from her new allies.

OOC: This feels like something that needs stones split to achieve. 2 Stones remain in Flight. 10 stones into TK, split 5 each between two of the alien critters. 0/12 RS, 3/3 WS, 6 Regen
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 8th of October, 2010, 08:24
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.28 per day)
OOC: Y'all have, basically, beaten the creatures down. After the long break (my fault), I'm going to fast forward combat slightly, set the scene, and let y'all go to town with investigations.

-------------------------

The beasts were clearly outmatched - the raw physical power of Brunt, the speed and aggression of Bike Star, Hoplite's training and expertise, and Psycho's ability to fling the creatures around like rag dolls, and the Wiz's spirit and spunk quickly overwhelmed the unnatural lifeforms, once the initial shock of the attack had passed. By the time Blue Blazes and Obsidian Dawn materialized on a high perch, the battle was all but over. A few well placed shots ensured that the heroes suffered no serious wounds putting them down.

As the last one fell, the sounds of two additional beasts could be heard retreating through the rubble for a few seconds, before fading to nothingness. In the momentary silence, the sounds of the buildings Bike Star collided with, as well as the walls still shaking from the impact of Psycho's assault, pierced the air and seemed massively amplified. From within one building came crashing and shattering sounds, suggesting that a building had suddenly lost a story.

As the heroes surveyed the scene, it became obvious that at least one body had suffered from the melee, as the Black Panther's form had been further torn asunder by their claws. The rest of the scene appeared relatively unscathed, though....
-----------------------

Back inside the building, Shadow's arcane concoction seems to be bearing fruit. As the dust settles over the birds, it clearly outlines two entirely separate areas, one pulsing erratically orange and yellow, the other a steady purple. Immediately around the birds, the flickers of warm colors are at first puzzling, but soon reveal to the ersatz arcanist that his suspicions are true - these birds are not truly present in the room. From the clash of colors, he is fairly certain that, in some way, the time shield has created a residual effect opening a view in to another place. Even as he watches, the birds are seeming to shimmer, growing slightly more translucent - a quick calculation estimates that they will disappear entirely in 15 minutes at most.

-----------------------

OOC: Everyone can regen stones - I think everyone that has damage has accelerated healing, so unless you start beating on each other, you should be fine. Feel free to begin investigations.

Last edited by Ergonomic Cat; 8th of October, 2010 at 14:57.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 11th of October, 2010, 10:29
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.25 per day)
The vision generated by the dust as it 'settles' over the birds distracts Shadow for several long seconds as he observes and contemplates. Then, as the dust begins to come 'loose' from the image of the birds and drift lazily in the air once again, he kneels and places another palm-sized black disc underneath the spectacle. He dips low and reaches out at a awkward angle, taking care not to touch the distortion of the 'time field' and to stay out of his own dusts particles as he does so.

This device splays open to reveal an obscured and briefly glimmering interior, similar to a heat shimmer. The dust is instantly attracted to this. Like a newfound source of gravity, the disc collects all the glowing particles into itself and then closes. Shadow then takes this up and repockets it before turning away.

Exiting the supply closet he takes a breath and sighs briefly before heading back down the hall and for the hole in the building through which he entered. Quickly he pulls a small amber colored flask out from within his coat doffs the contents in one swallow, just before he jumps out of the building and into the air. In the span of half a second he begins to fall, then changes.

He is covered in a pulsing amber colored energy that grows bright enough to conceal his form for a brief moment, leaving only a vague outline in the vision of a person. This outline contorts and folds in on itself into the shape of a bird of prey. When the energy fades the bird in fact is all that remains. A darkly colored hawk or eagle? Oversized a bit perhaps. A large predatory bird. A lazy bank and turn brings the bird soaring back around and then climbing as it begins to make towards 'ground zero'.

[OOC: I will wait a bit for you ( Ergo ) to tell me to continue with another pose/post before I 'arrive' with the others. ]
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 12th of October, 2010, 02:03
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.36 per day)
Psycho floats to the ground gently, landing besides the Wiz, who she's starting to like already. "It is brave of you to offer the strength of your mind to me, Miss Vance." The words are not spoken aloud, but communicated telepathically, "But I fear that, untrained, such techniques are not possible."

Psycho's landing was far from graceful. On Quasar 3, the third moon of a the largest gas giant in the galaxy, war erupted between the Empire of Illysjulitar and the peaceful Morjilini over a perceived insult from a Morjilini child to the Empire of Illysjulitar during a state visit. Thousands of people dies in an instant as weapons which would make the Kree green with envy like never before were unleashed on both sides.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 12th of October, 2010, 03:02
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.69 per day)
The Wiz is too distracted to note the Psycho's use of her real name. She's mostly used to being called just that after all.

"Oh, well, I suppose it was worth a try. Not like I was much help anyway... I suppose it was silly of me, -"

The Wiz got half-way through her sentence before realizing she was speaking aloud, and quickly switched to thought.
-but when I got it into my head to become a 'hero', I never thought of the fighting, you know?

She scanned the surrounding scene (aided by her visor, naturally) while 'speaking' to the psychic, continuing to look for anything that could be used to understand this scene. She makes her way to the nearest beast corpse, and stares at it intently for a good 5 seconds, before continuing with her investigation.

Where did the beasts come from? Were they set here as an ambush for investigators?

The Wiz moves towards the crater wall hoping to get a better look inside.

The beasts themselves weren't responsible for the initial attack. We still don't know what was.

[OOC: Use Concentrate and Int to investigate the body of the nearest beast for 8 stones, looking for any similarities of them to anything she knows (if this counts as a living substance, then 6 stones without Concentrate). Meanwhile, half her mind is sifting through the data of the buildings she's scanned, trying to piece together what kinds of forces caused the destruction (meaning not so much 'what' as 'how' - physical measurements and the like). 4 stones in that (if you feel this is an abuse of the 'multi-tasking' shtick, let me know).

Psycho can hear all the Wiz' thoughts, but only the first paragraph was directed at her.]
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 16th of October, 2010, 03:30
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
Without a flash, or much of anything else, Blue Blazes teleports down to the scene of the crime and starts using his Hunting/Tracking Skills to investigate.


-----------------
2 Stones to Teleport
3 Stones into Hunting/Tracking
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 17th of October, 2010, 07:14
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.36 per day)
Pyscho makes her way around the scene, shocked at the devastation unleashed. Occasionally, innocents lay fallen beneath a pile of rubble, only an arm or leg revealing their presence.

"The Wiz," Psycho uses the moniker of Emily Vance to bring her back to the task at hand, "Bring your visor to the crater at the heart of all of this. That is where it all started, but my investigative skills don't lean in that direction."

Psycho lifted herself off the ground to climb to the lip of the crater, and looked down at the heart of the devastation.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 17th of October, 2010, 07:37
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.69 per day)
"Right, coming."

So much to do, so much devastation. What have I gotten myself into? I really hope I can help them solve this mess...


------
[OOC: Begin moving towards the crater as soon as last actions have been resolved. I'll wait until the others have reacted some more before I describe my actions there.]
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 2nd of November, 2010, 07:55
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.36 per day)
(Re: Everyone but The Shadow)

The bodies of Fight the Power are strewn about the Wasteland that once was a city block right in the middle of town. As you find them, singly, one thing becomes clear.

One of the bodies is missing. Ice Box is nowhere to be found.

Hoplite examined the bodies for signs of damage, and recognized the signs of cuts from teeth and claws - Fight the Power had not gone down without a fight. But it hadn't necessarily been their wounds which killed them - that expertise was beyond Hoplite.

Blue Blazes moved about the buildings, his ability to teleport making him the safest bet to explore their crumbling walls. He found himself in a large room, which might have once been a school gymnasium. As his eyes were drawn to the floor, he realized he needn't worry about where the Children had disappeared to - at his feet is a terrible sign - a pentagram in a circle, transcribed in some sort of blood. These demons were summoned. That much is clear. Less clear - by whom?

(Re: The Shadow)
The Shadow floated above the crime scene, looking down at the devastation from a unique perspective. Whomever had done this was terrible. Besides Fight the Power's bodies, strewn about the wasteland, there were civilians - women, children.... innocents.

The Shadow watched as Brunt made his way through the crowd, which had regathered now that the danger of the creatures - laid out, now, and being examined by the discerning eye of the Wiz - had passed.

As he looked on, the quiet which had come over the area was shattered by the unmistakable sound of a single gunshot. Brunt collapsed, to the screams of the nearby crowd.

Psycho whirled at the gunshot, turning away from the rubble she had been lifting off the ground to examine the body beneath it. A quick glance at her face revealed all was not well. The rocks fell to the ground, crushing the corpse beneath its buik.

Psycho followed suit, collapsing as if the marionette had cut her strings.
__________________
GM
none currently
Player
To the Arena! To the Death!

Last edited by Krypton; 2nd of November, 2010 at 10:54. Reason: Totally forgot that Blue Blazes was supposed to be the one to discover the summoning circle in my editing... Anyway...
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 2nd of November, 2010, 09:49
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
Blue Blazes almost instantly changes positions to the top of a building across the way. From this vantage point he starts looking for the shooter. If he can find him he will take a shot of his own....with his bow to knock the bastard out.


------------------
Teleport 3 stones
Searthing with Hunting/Tracking 3 stones cause thats all I have.

Defense: Distance and sudden movement.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 4th of November, 2010, 01:29
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.71 per day)
Hoplite quickly sought cover at the sound of the gunshot. The last thing they needed to do was hover over the body and present a tempting target to the sniper.

"Anyone have a location on the sniper?" he asked through the communicator.

------------
OOC:
3 stones into Black Ops to locate the shooter
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 4th of November, 2010, 02:24
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.31 per day)
Obsidian Dawn quickly ran for cover trying to think where the sniper could be. She would have gone to help Brunt or Psycho but then she would be in the open as well.

She replied over the communicator, "Hold on I'm looking."

-----------
OOC:
3 Stones into Hunting/Tracking and 1 into Ninja to help stay hidden under cover
__________________
Ever chased a bus down three blocks just to touch it, and then run back?
I do on a daily basis.
Is there something wrong with me?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 8th of November, 2010, 02:50
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.69 per day)
"Wha - What?! What's going on?!"

In a panic, the Wiz realizes they are being shot at, and moves to follow Hoplite, who seems to know what he's doing. But some part of her mind is still trying to piece together her investigations of the beasts and buildings...

[OOC: Continue last investigation actions, but purely from memory, not actually looking at the bodies and the buildings]
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 9th of November, 2010, 10:22
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.36 per day)
As the sound of the single shot still echoes through the city, the crowd's panicked screams now fade away into the general hustle of several hundred people all running through the same exits at once.

Luckily, there isn't a second shot. You scan the crowd, and the surrounding area, for signs of the shooter, but to no avail - either the shooter's better at hiding than you are at watching, or s/he is invisible.

Psycho lays, writhing in agony, on the ground, though no tell-tale pool of blood appears on either her dark clothing or the ground around her. She stares, eyes wild, at Hoplite and the Wiz, her mouth working through soundless words.

A man stops to administer CPR on Brunt, checking for a pulse in the superhero's wrist.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 12th of November, 2010, 17:05
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
Instead of looking for the shooter, Blue Blazes looks for the best spots to shoot from.....as if he was doing the shooting. Isolating those locations he searches there for the shooter, porting in and out as often as possible to keep himself from being a target.


---------------------
OOC: Please don't assume that a sniper popping a team mate is going to be let go. Blue has already come up short with the birds....
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 17th of November, 2010, 13:10
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.25 per day)
Shadow dips and tucks his wings, streaking down into a swift dive towards a window several stories up in a building facing the location where Brunt was just shot. In an instant the lazy drifting flight is over, and the bird of prey nature of this form shows itself prominently.

[OOC: My intent is to attempt to fly into/through a window adjacent to the one noted in my perception check and resume my normal form while engaging stealth etc. ]
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Unread 21st of November, 2010, 05:41
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.36 per day)
(Attn: Shadow)
You dart through the window where you eyed the flutter of a curtain, through a window which you can now see is open. (OOC: The neighboring ones are closed, and, with a focus on stealth, I assumed you didn't want to go crashing through a window.) Regaining your normal form, you look around the room - the window is not the only thing open. The only door into the room lies open - and the faint echo of footsteps as someone runs down the hall is plainly heard.

(Attn: Everyone else)

A small flicker of movement is visible against a building just outside of where the time-lock had been. The Wiz zooms in using her visor, revealing that a window is open, a curtain blowing in the breeze - a window is open, facing the time-lock zone. An unidentifiable figure is clear inside the room.

Meanwhile, Psycho has begun to levitate, the debris around her levitating as well. She's screaming in a language none of you understand, her eyes rolled back into her head.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 21st of November, 2010, 08:09
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.25 per day)
The hawk that is Shadow blurs into an amorphous mass covered in tan energy that makes contact with the floor of the room as he completes his dive. It does so quickly, the original human shape of the man coming up out of the energy as if he had hit floor in a roll. The stealthiness of the man is evident in that the low hum of the magic is the noisiest part of the endeavor as soon it is gone.

As he gains his bearings he gives a quick glance around the room, a brief inspection mostly focused on the door to make certain the suspected assassin did not trap it as he made his escape. Then ( provided no obstruction/trap presents itself ) he draws his pistol into a 'ready' position and makes a similarly quick and silent attempt to follow the fleeing individual in the hallway.

Shadow slides out of the door, the movements blurred and indistinct in the shadows that become suddenly more pronounced in their roiling movements around him. He checks the direction opposite the sound of the footsteps first, seeking to ensure he isn't ambushed, then makes speed after the fleeing person. He seeks to move quickly, but hopefully without his presence being noted as of yet. If the fleeing person starts to turn around or look back etc. he would attempt to step into a doorway or other available hiding space and rely upon his illusions/stealth to attempt to not be observed.

[OOC: 5 Stones to investigation/alertness, 11 stones to stealth ]
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren