Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Captain Gavis's Games > Seekers of the Lost Age

Unread 23rd of May, 2010, 09:08
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #7805
Chapter 2: Circle Rising

After the tumult of the days battle subsided the worn soldiers retired to the famous Nine Bandit House, which was significantly busier this night as a direct product of the Burrow Lok's destruction of many private residences. All in the common room are in a festive mood due to the recent victory. Many a glass was raised to salute those who gave their lives that day. Above the crowd a voice called out "To Zhung, Leopard, and Tobar! Heroes of the day!" which causes the crowd to go wild and a chant for a speech begins.
Unread 28th of May, 2010, 03:52
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
Zhung, reluctant, but finally persuaded to speak says,

“My fellow WARRIORS! Today, civilization has won over the barbarians! Today, the Light of the Sun has conquered those mired in the shadows of ignorance and barbarism! Today, ordinary men and women declared that ‘HERE WE STAND!”

Zhung waits for the cheering to come to a crescendo and then raises a hand to speak again.

“Today our hearts are filled with gladness, joy, and the fullness of victory. However, let us not forget our fallen comrades. For that is the price of our freedom, for every freedom. We must be willing to die protecting it. We must be willing to sacrifice our time to watch over it. We must invest our resources to feed freedom and make it strong in our children and in our city.”

Zhung raises his mug of ail, “TO FREEDOM!”

Tobar shouts, “FREEDOM”, as he shoves his mug into the air!

Last edited by Thanos; 29th of May, 2010 at 03:15.
Unread 28th of May, 2010, 04:35
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

The bar erupts in shouts and cheers. Many call for explanations of how you all were able to defeat the giant monster so easily (and what it was like leaping off the wall onto the back of said monster).
Unread 28th of May, 2010, 04:52
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

Member: #1110
"As easy as falling off a wall," Leopard responds with a gruff nod. He felt somehwat uncomfortable with all of the attention. After all, he was just a common soldier, albeit an exceptionally talented one. "Got to give Zhung and Tobar most of the credit, as that's where its due."
Unread 29th of May, 2010, 03:19
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Tobar for his part will tell his part enthusiastically....how using his hooked blade allowed him to get to the ground safely. Then how the high priced defensive training his parents forced him to learn actually payed off. He will also pull out his blades again and let people examine their exceptional quality, perfect balance, and intricate design.

"I knew the beast was to much for me, but I distracted the beast-men from their rear, which helped keep them off balance so that YOU FINE WARRIORS could do the real work!"
Unread 30th of May, 2010, 04:21
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

Member: #8003
Calsin claps and cheers with the rest of the crowd, but with a far-off look in his eyes. His mind is still on the battle. He had arrived to late to aid in any way, and he feels strangely left out for it. Something tells him he should have been fighting alongside the three heroes. He had arrived in time to witness the end of the battle, and he was amazed at the prowess of his friends from the night before had displayed. With champions such as them, Jades might well defeat the beastman threat.

This brought his mind back to the chest he had opened while the battle took place. Was it the bracers or the book that was supposed to defeat the beasmen? He had given the book to Jalid, who had probably passed the book on to the Satrap by now, but he was very curious about it.
The bracers were still on his arms, under his sleeves. He wasn't quite sure why he hadn't given them to Jalid along with the book. But the connection he had forged with the chest seemed to linger with the gauntlets, and he wasn't yet ready to sever the connection.
Unread 1st of June, 2010, 05:48
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

The celebration continued long into the night. When the patrons slowly started to make for their beds Calsin noted Jalid standing in the door way to the Inn. He locked gazes with Calsin then nodded to the three others then exited the building. It was obvious he intended the group to follow.
Unread 1st of June, 2010, 20:23
Explosive Cheese

Calsin gets up and walks over to the other three.

"I think it best we follow him. While you three were winning the battle, Jalid helped me open a chest, and we found something interesting. He seems to know a lot about what's going on."

And more than a little of what's inside me...

Whether or not the others come with, Calsin will follow Jalid.
Unread 2nd of June, 2010, 00:55
Merbak
Wraith

Member: #1873
With a nod to Calsin and a brief farewell to those drinking nearby, Zhung stands and follows Calsin, wondering what could be important enough to interrupt the party.
Unread 2nd of June, 2010, 08:30
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Tobar makes sure that he is the last out and that he doesn't seem like he is following the others. A trip to the outhouse is the perfect cover and he spends a good minute telling people near him about his need, but that he has to finish his ale!

Boy, oh boy, I hope that this is going to give me some answers as to what the heck is going on. Now I am a sun child, Anathema to most of creation.

Last edited by Captain Gavis; 2nd of June, 2010 at 20:47.
Unread 2nd of June, 2010, 09:44
Darius

Soaring Leopard shrugs and follows Zhung. He really wasn't sure what was going on, but he wasn't going anywhere or following anyone without his daiklaive.
Unread 2nd of June, 2010, 20:56
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Jalid was waiting for the group outside of the Nine Bandit House. Without a word he turned and walked down a dark alley between the buildings. When all are assembled he speaks in a low tone, "It may have occurred to you that there is a strong connection in the fates between all of you, a sense of belonging and amplified power when you are together. There are reasons for this, reasons I am forbidden from spelling out. All I can say is: your answers lie within this." He then produced the tome Calsin had discovered earlier. "I have arranged for the next hour to allow you all to study it with out observation. After that the tome must be returned to the library where only the Satrap will have access to it."
Unread 3rd of June, 2010, 23:30
Explosive Cheese

Calsin takes the book, and begins absentmindedly leafing through the pages again. Empty page after empty page. Not a single word anywhere within the massive tome. And yet, it must have been valuable, protected as it was. And Jalid had spoken truly last time, so it was quite possible he was telling them the truth now. There was something quite odd about him and his knowledge, but it would have to wait.

"As you can see, this book is completely empty, and seems to be of no value whatsoever. And yet, it was kept within a chest that apparently could not be opened, and the chest was buried deep in the mines. And the same day as it was found, the siege began, so the Satrap thinks the beastmen are after this."

Calsin's gaze remains on the book during the entire time he spoke. Books and secrets were like toys to him, so the secret book would not allow his attention to waver long.
Unread 4th of June, 2010, 04:58
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Tobar looks at the book casually for any markings, the binding, the paper quality, and other things which might remind him of something. Being a treasure hunter like the rest of the merchant princes, he is thinking that he might have ran across the description of such a book amongst things still lost and valuable. Otherwise he has a thought....

"Does it need to be attuned to for the words to show up?"
Unread 5th of June, 2010, 09:29
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

As Tobar examines the tome he notices nothing particularly noteworthy about it besides the obviously aged nature of the whole. His past experiences in the merchant and secrets real reminds him that some ledgers and older books were sometimes written in "Secret" inks that required a reagent to become visible. Commonly among them was the "lemon ink" which was simply lemon juice which would turn brown when exposed to extreme heat.
Unread 6th of June, 2010, 13:46
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

"Interesting....perhaps all that is required is the right touch, I will be back shortly."

Tobar will go off and try to find a lemon or other acidic medium that would make have the same effect and make the re-agent that might work. If that is possible he will bring it back for testing on a small part of one page. While the others talk, he will be about the business of making it all happen.

Fortunately I remembered that secret code stuff. Problem is, what kind of re-agent was needed. This could take all night.....
Unread 7th of June, 2010, 06:19
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Tobar headed to the closest reagent supply, the inn, where he was able to procure a glass of milk, a wedge of lemon, and a lit candle.
Unread 7th of June, 2010, 10:47
Explosive Cheese

Calsin is left with the book as Tobar leaves them with his cryptic words.

There is only one thing he can think to try. He knows that the dragon-blooded monks had the ability to see Spirits, and as an Exalted, he should now be able to as well.

He widens his gaze, attempting to detect any spiritual presence around the book, and looks for more mundane clues as well.

[OOC: Activate Spirit-Detecting Gaze for 3 motes. I'll make the investigation roll in the thread]
Unread 8th of June, 2010, 07:05
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Calsin's enhanced sight did not reveal anything abnormal about the tome's nature.
Unread 9th of June, 2010, 03:32
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Smiles as he leaves the inn, Tobar rounds the corner and starts the process to turn his supplies into a reagent that might just work. It takes a few minutes, during which he says, "I heard long ago, about books written in an invisible ink. The only way to make it reappear is to coat the ink with a specific kind of acidic mixture....which I am trying to make. It wont hurt anything, but if it works then we should be able to at lest figure out what we have in general. All the specifics will take more than the wedge of lemon I have now...maybe several lemons."

When he is done, he will ask for the book.
Unread 10th of June, 2010, 09:02
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Calsin hands the tome over to Tobar, "It doesn't appear to have a supernatural presence so maybe a mundane solution will be more appropriate."
Unread 10th of June, 2010, 22:48
Darius

Leopard channels some of his latent essence, a small glow emanating from his body, bathing the book in his radiance.
Unread 10th of June, 2010, 23:05
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Under the light of the dawn's chosen a sigil appears on the cover of the tome of a circle with eight evenly spaced spokes radiating from it. An ever faint glow also begins to radiate from the book with a slightly red-purple tinge like the first rays of dawn.
Unread 10th of June, 2010, 23:56
Explosive Cheese

Noticing how the book reacts to Leopard's light, Calsin wonders if it might react to additional stimulus. His own body is soon glowing as well, adding to the illumination provided by Leopard.
Unread 11th of June, 2010, 00:06
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

With the addition of the light from the Twilight's Sage the tome takes on a red-gold light of the sun set, which mingles with the already present Red-purple each amplifying the brightness of the other. A second sigil of a half filled circle appears below and slightly to the right of the first.