Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Uncognitive Cackling

Closed Thread
Unread 17th of July, 2006, 20:29
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

Member: #17
Cyber Nations

Remember Nation States? Remember how it wasn't really a game?

Enter Cyber Nations. The same concept but with an actual game attached. Also, you get to pick a real world location for your mighty empire (or pathetic democractic republic).

Join now. Join Team Purple!

I'm Mojo_Jojo ruling over Imperial Carrbrook.
“ Imperial Carbrook is a small and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of British ethnicity whose religion is Voodoo. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens pay extremely high taxes and many despise their government as a result. The citizens of Imperial Carbrook work diligently to produce Oil and Wheat as tradable resources for their nation. It is an aggressive country that some say has an itch for war. It believes nuclear weapons are necessary for the security of its people. The military of Imperial Carbrook has been positioned at all border crossings and is arresting all drug traffickers. Imperial Carbrook does not allow any form of government protests. Its armed police forces work quickly at "dissolving" any and all government protests. It has an open border policy, but in order for immigrants to remain in the country they will have to become citizens first. Imperial Carbrook detains individuals who participated in the slanderous comments about the government. The government gives foreign aid when it can, but looks to take care of its own people first. Imperial Carbrook will trade with other nations with questionable ethical treatment of their citizens but prefers to keep such trade agreements a secret. ”
--------------------------------
Orp Alliance/Game Info
akiko's nugget of widsom

Guru talks about tax and giving up worldly possesions

Orp Alliance Craptastic Charter

Offsite Alt Forum

Which religion do your people want?

Top Secret Link

Last edited by itches; 13th of November, 2006 at 01:51.
Unread 17th of July, 2006, 20:45
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

Member: #10
One day you'll play a political game and not be evil
Unread 17th of July, 2006, 20:50
BigRedRod

I'm not evil and I resent the fact that you always accuse of me of being that way. If it is wrong to live in a massive castle, drinking fine, fine port and smoking even finer cigars while my people toil in the oil and wheat fields, if it is wrong to shoot people who try to practise freedom of speech, if it is wrong to look after one's people to the best of your ability at the expense of foreign devils, then I don't want to be right.

Plus, we have this as our flag . With a flag like that, I really doubt we're evil.
Unread 17th of July, 2006, 22:44
itches

“ Originally Posted by Itchopia Micen is a small and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of Caucasian ethnicity who follow mixed religions. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Micen work diligently to produce Sugar and Uranium as tradable resources for their nation. The government has no definite position on foreign affairs at this time. Micen is currently researching nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but believes nuclear weapons should be banned. Plans are on the way within Micen to open new rehabilitation centers across the nation and educate its citizens of the dangers of drug use. Micen allows its citizens to protest their government but uses a strong police force to monitor things and arrest lawbreakers. It's borders are closed to all forms of immigration. Micen believes in the freedom of speech and feels that it is every citizens right to speak freely about their government. The government gives foreign aid when it can, but looks to take care of its own people first. Micen will not make deals with another country that has a poor history of inhuman treatment of its citizens. ”
People need to join, yes join purple. Then trade can be had!
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 07:26
nightinverse
Vampiric Dwarven Psychologist [Epic GM]

Member: #1101
I'll join as Purple, though I was leaning to the underdog, Green.

I'm neddiedrow ruling over Orpland... which was a comedy of cut/paste errors and accidentally letting somebody else use the computer during the creation process. No matter...

I've gotten everything up to a passable point but my military.

This game is... great!

“ Orpland is a small and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of Celtic ethnicity who follow no religion. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Orpland work diligently to produce Rubber and Lead as tradable resources for their nation. The government has no definite position on foreign affairs at this time. Orpland is currently researching nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but believes nuclear weapons should be banned. Orpland has no definite position on drug use in the country at this time. Orpland allows its citizens to protest their government but uses a strong police force to monitor things and arrest lawbreakers. It has an open border policy, but in order for immigrants to remain in the country they will have to become citizens first. Orpland believes in the freedom of speech and feels that it is every citizens right to speak freely about their government. The government gives whatever is necessary to help others out in times of crisis, even it means hurting its own economy. Orpland will not make deals with another country that has a poor history of inhuman treatment of its citizens.

Your population density of 52.21 population per mile is at a good level at this time. Your military of 14 soldiers is considered adequate strength for the size of Orpland. You have 0 soldiers deployed overseas and 14 soldiers defending your nation. Your defenses are stronger than your deployed troops and you might consider deploying more troops abroad if you intend to wage war and attack another nation in the near future. The infrastructure of Orpland is adequate at the time with a level of 1.26.
”
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_d...ation_ID=27128
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 10:17
BrianL03
Bodak

Member: #55
“ Brianopolian Empire is a small and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of Caucasian ethnicity whose religion is Baha'i Faith. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Brianopolian Empire work diligently to produce Lead and Oil as tradable resources for their nation. The government has no definite position on foreign affairs at this time. When it comes to nuclear weapons Brianopolian Empire has no definite position and is therefore considered opposed to them. Plans are on the way within Brianopolian Empire to open new rehabilitation centers across the nation and educate its citizens of the dangers of drug use. Brianopolian Empire allows its citizens to protest their government but uses a strong police force to monitor things and arrest lawbreakers. It has an open border policy, but in order for immigrants to remain in the country they will have to become citizens first. Brianopolian Empire believes in the freedom of speech and feels that it is every citizens right to speak freely about their government. The government gives whatever is necessary to help others out in times of crisis, even it means hurting its own economy. Brianopolian Empire will not make deals with another country that has a poor history of inhuman treatment of its citizens. ”
Whoooo!

I just sent you all trade negotiations. Say yes!

Link Fire Arrow
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 12:45
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Member: #5
“ Frozwich is a small and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of Scandinavian ethnicity whose religion is Norse. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Frozwich work diligently to produce Marble and Gold as tradable resources for their nation. It is a very passive country when it comes to foreign affairs and has no interests in war. Frozwich is currently researching nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but believes nuclear weapons should be banned. The Frozwich nation leaders are aware of the situation of drug use in the country but are too addicted to drugs themselves to do anything about it. Frozwich allows its citizens to protest their government but uses a strong police force to monitor things and arrest lawbreakers. It has an open border policy, but in order for immigrants to remain in the country they will have to become citizens first. Frozwich believes in the freedom of speech and feels that it is every citizens right to speak freely about their government. The government gives foreign aid when it can, but looks to take care of its own people first. Frozwich will trade with other nations with questionable ethical treatment of their citizens but prefers to keep such trade agreements a secret. ”
I'd open trade with you all, but none of you have Silver to trade me, so I'm afraid I won't be able to at this time
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 13:32
BrianL03
Bodak

nightinverse denied my trade! Augh!

Link Fire Arrow
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 15:16
nightinverse

I was... well, out of agreement space, and trying to go for Bonus Resource: Steel. Which, damn it, I can't get, because NOBODY has Coal. I have to pick... Coal, or Uranium.

My people are very happy, interestingly enough.
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 15:20
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Sorry Brian, had to deny your trade also - am after silver at the moment (hopefully my deal with another power goes through to get it). Nightinverse, try doing a search for someone with Coal - I found it easily enough and got the trade accepted, so they do exist *grins*
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 15:30
nightinverse

I will, never fear. If my Uranium source doesn't come through, I'm going straight for Coal.

I have Silver, Iron, Wheat, Oil, Fish, Aluminium... and my native resources are Lead and Rubber.
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 15:44
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

I've got my natives as Gold and Marble, and I'm trading that for Fish, Coal, Sugar, Uranium, Gems, and Furs, and hoping I get Iron and Silver from the trade proposal I've sent.
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 15:53
BigRedRod

Silly Brian, I don't want your filthy oil. My people have superior national oil.
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 16:07
nightinverse

So, our team is in the middle of a Civil War, I think... check the Purple team bulletin board.

If we move to another team ever, I vote for whichever is the underdog.
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 16:38
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

Member: #1504
Yes and no. With all of us just starting, I suggest we stay out of it. Let them fight each other to the death. Oh and

“ Xland is a small and new nation at 1 days old with citizens primarily of Celtic ethnicity whose religion is Norse. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Xland work diligently to produce Lead and Oil as tradable resources for their nation. It is a mostly neutral country when it comes to foreign affairs. It will usually only attack another nation if attacked first. It believes nuclear weapons are necessary for the security of its people. The military of Xland has been positioned at all border crossings and is arresting all drug traffickers. Xland does not allow any form of government protests. Its armed police forces work quickly at "dissolving" any and all government protests. It's borders are closed to all forms of immigration. Xland detains individuals who participated in the slanderous comments about the government. The government gives foreign aid when it can, but looks to take care of its own people first. Xland will trade with other nations with questionable ethical treatment of their citizens but prefers to keep such trade agreements a secret. ”
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 16:52
BigRedRod

Arse, I've conducted my trade deals on a faulty premise. Level 10 tech is a lifetime away, time to do some rejigging today and seeif I can get some other bonuses resources in the interim between now and profit.
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 17:56
nightinverse

I've been boosting my infrastructure, and have passed 10 in nation strength and efficency. I've saved all of your nations in my list and am prepared to lend aid if you start any battles... which, hopefully, you will not.

2 of you are peaceful, 2 are not.

I was looking at more of the stats for Purple... we seem to be the sixth place team with a large gap between us and seventh. The Civil War I spoke of exhausted our team resources, and thus we are lagging in nuclear, economic, conventional military and population - but still a contender.

I can tell this game will be fun.

And... an aggressive Green nation encroaches upon my land. Luckily my military outnumbers him 4 to 1 - though he has a marginally higher national strength. If I raise my DEFCON to 3 I might be able to crush him... but I'll only do that if me makes a move against me or the two smaller blue states nearby.

Last edited by nightinverse; 18th of July, 2006 at 18:15.
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 20:47
itches

“ I just sent you all trade negotiations. Say yes! ”
I decline. I need/want water so I can make beer. Beer!
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 22:30
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

I've got an Blue nation next to me, so am gonna have to watch myself so that I can crush him should the need arise (hopefully he won't just yet). I'm currently doing better than he is in terms of growth, but he has no trade agreements right now, so that might be the reason.

*makes a note to increase his DEFCON rating, just to keep people at bay for the time being*
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 22:54
BigRedRod

You've got seven days before war becomes an issue.
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 23:26
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

Member: #512
“ Kingdom of Wardle is a small and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of British ethnicity who follow no religion. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Kingdom of Wardle work diligently to produce Gold and Furs as tradable resources for their nation. It is a mostly neutral country when it comes to foreign affairs. It will usually only attack another nation if attacked first. Kingdom of Wardle is currently researching nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but believes nuclear weapons should be banned. The military of Kingdom of Wardle has been positioned at all border crossings and is arresting all drug traffickers. Kingdom of Wardle allows its citizens to protest their government but uses a strong police force to monitor things and arrest lawbreakers. It has an open border policy, but in order for immigrants to remain in the country they will have to become citizens first. Kingdom of Wardle believes in the freedom of speech and feels that it is every citizens right to speak freely about their government. The government gives foreign aid when it can, but looks to take care of its own people first. Kingdom of Wardle will not make deals with another country that has a poor history of inhuman treatment of its citizens. ”
The only purple player in the British Isles. Hope I'm safe on Skye...

Incidentally, is anyone interested in some quality Gold or Fur?
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 23:30
BigRedRod

Pfff, Wardle isn't on the isle of Skye. My mighty empire now spans past the golf course across the road.

Oddly enough, Central Manchester seems to remain unclaimed, athough I've been informed that not everybody shows up on the map
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 23:31
itches

I'm pretty sure your geographical location on the googleearth map doesn't actually have any game effect.
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 23:32
BrianL03
Bodak

“ Originally Posted by The Alcotroll The only purple player in the British Isles. Hope I'm safe on Skye...

Incidentally, is anyone interested in some quality Gold or Fur?
”
Yeah Alcotroll! Enjoy your oil and lead!

Link Fire Arrow
Unread 18th of July, 2006, 23:34
BigRedRod

“ Originally Posted by itches I'm pretty sure your geographical location on the googleearth map doesn't actually have any game effect. ”
I'd imagine that it wont let people's countries intersect but aside from that I'm sure I've read in the wiki that position is meaningless.