Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Conan: The Throne of Blood

Reply
Thread Tools
  #151  
Unread 4th of February, 2005, 05:23
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos Belkregos is sure of his skill and freya’s but this is a tough opponent and could take one of them to hell with him, belkregos is looking for any advantage they can use against him, he will attack the horse in an attempt to bring down the rider take away his higher ground advantage now that freya has him a bit off balance, the rider may well get caught by the horses fall and we can gang up on him on the ground,

“you think you can take us? Come down here and try then”



attack against the horse

Power attack (-4 to hit +8 damage)

To hit: d20= 12+3= 15

Damage: 2d10= 10+5 +6+8= 29
belkregos tries to flank or even get his back with a 5"step giving Freya a better chance at the armored guy and tries to bring him down by attacking the horse, he'll try to make him fall and loose his attacks hoping he gets pined under the horse

OOC: i guess i can't deduct that much for the power attack, this is what it would be with the same dice rolled

attack against the horse

Power attack (-2 to hit +4 damage)

To hit: d20= 12+5= 17

Damage: 2d10= 10+5 +6+4= 25
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Unread 5th of February, 2005, 03:27
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Arrows away! : Round 2

Originally Posted by Harith Harith fires another arrow back if he has time, and continues to ride as fast as he can. He wants to keep the battle on the ground as favorable as possible for Belkregos and Freya before letting these riders engage in hand-to-hand combat.
Harith's arrow hits one of the 3 bandits who dismounted and are now wielding swords and shields... he grimaces in pain as the arrow goes into his shield arm!

Belandor and Lady Shelindar fire another volley into the 3 bandits before preparing to make a melee stand themselves.

Arrows fly everywhere, most of them miss their targets, but Lady Shelindar does put another arrow into the one wounded by Harith, dropping him.

They both drop their bows to draw blades....

[ooc: initiative order: Harith, Belandor, Lady Shelindar, Zeus, Freya, Belk, bandit leader, bandits]
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Unread 5th of February, 2005, 03:32
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Battling the Leader: Round 2

Originally Posted by Belkregos belkregos tries to flank or even get his back with a 5"step giving Freya a better chance at the armored guy and tries to bring him down by attacking the horse, he'll try to make him fall and loose his attacks hoping he gets pined under the horse
Zeus tosses his scimitar and draws his bow, hastily firing into the melee with Freya, Belkregos and the bandit leader. Luckily for the pcs he doesn't hit them and really misses the leader

[ooc: -4 penalty without appropriate feat for firing into melee]

Belkregos hacks and hews with his great sword into the bandit leader's mount, who unfortunately starts spewing blood and crying in pain. He rears up and tries to throw the bandit leader... who appears to be trained in mounted combat...and resists being thrown, but does decide to get off his dying steed!

Freya takes advantage and moves in swinging her warsword as the leader tries to parry with his axe.

Everyone notices the 4th bandit running up to help his leader, armed with a broadsword and wooden shield.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Unread 5th of February, 2005, 05:09
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Belkregos grinds his teeth at the toughness of the opponent, but he’ll die just as well, Belkregos knows the other bandits are coming but he can’t let go of the small advantage they have against the armor guy, decides to continue to flank him circling to try to keep the armored bandits back and attack

“KEEP THEM OFF!!!WE”LL MAKE THIS ONE EAT HIS GUTS!!!!”



to hit: d20: 11+7= 18

dam: 2d10: 3+9+6= 18



OOC: any bonus from flanking?
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Unread 5th of February, 2005, 05:20
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.09 per day)
OOC: Assuming we're into round 3....

Now no longer being chased, Harith turns the horse around, stops, and steadies his aim. He fires a shot at the bandit with the broadsword and shield.

to hit: d20+4 = 20 + 4 = 24
damage: d10 = 5

critical threat... d20 + 4 = 4 + 4 = 8....
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Unread 10th of February, 2005, 02:55
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
End of Round 2: Bandits Attack!

The bandit leader gets off his dying steed and parries Freya's warsword as his action... the 4th bandit joins the leader, charging Belkregos and swings at him with his broadsword.

[ooc: do you parry or dodge?]

The other 3 bandits now armed with swords and shields are oving towards Lady Shelindar and Belandor who drop their bows and draw their blades.

Harith still on his mount and firing arrows now has ridden past the trees and has to circle around to fire.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Unread 10th of February, 2005, 04:00
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
OOC: Parry value 15
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 03:22
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
End of Round 2

The 4th bandit charges Belkregos and hacks at him with his broadsword. Belkregos raises his great sword to parry and misjudges the intensty of the bandit's swing. The bandit cuts him and he bleeds!

[ooc: 8 hp dmg]

The other bandits engage Lady Shelandar and Belandor, swords ringing on steel as blows are parried.

Freya parries the onslaught of the bandit leader, she grunts and takes up her blade in her hands preparing for round 3.

End of round 2.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Unread 11th of February, 2005, 04:34
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Belkregos grinds his teeth athe the deep cut, and brings down down his sword on the 4th bandit, hoping to bring him down quicly to help freya with the leader

power attack: -1 to hit +2 damage
to hit: d20: 12+7-1= 18
damage: 2d10: 5+8+6+2= 21
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Unread 13th of February, 2005, 05:31
Zeus's Avatar
Zeus
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1073
Posts: 26 (0.01 per day)
The Hyrkanian rides around firing his bow at the bandits and roaring curses in his native language.

[ooc: to hit - 11 + 6 = 17
damage - 8 + 1 = 9

ride - 18 + 7 = 25]
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Unread 14th of February, 2005, 09:21
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Beginning of Round 3

Originally Posted by Harith critical threat... d20 + 4 = 4 + 4 = 8....
You stop your horse and notch your bow, taking aim and release. The arrow flies true and pierces the leather jerkin worn by one of the armed bandits...you hit one of the 3 bandits wielding broadswords and you wound him. He cries out in pain and surprise as the arrow hits him.

Belandor swings at him trying to finish him.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Unread 14th of February, 2005, 09:23
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Round 2...death of a bandit

Originally Posted by Belkregos Belkregos grinds his teeth athe the deep cut, and brings down down his sword on the 4th bandit, hoping to bring him down quicly to help freya with the leader
The bandit raises his broadsword in an attempt to parry. Steel clashes on steel, sparks fly and your strength pushes past him and you cut into him deeply, pouring blood from his gaping wounded side! He cries in anguish and curses you to Bel as he dies!
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Unread 14th of February, 2005, 09:25
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Zeus The Hyrkanian rides around firing his bow at the bandits and roaring curses in his native language.

[ooc: to hit - 11 + 6 = 17
damage - 8 + 1 = 9

ride - 18 + 7 = 25]
ooc: you dropped your bow and drew your scimitar when Round 1 started, have you jumped off your horse and reclaimed yoru bow? No previous round did you do this. So if you wish to do so, you will lose your action this round.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Unread 15th of February, 2005, 04:30
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
a grin croses Belkregos face as he sees the bandit fall and turns to renew his attack on the leader, trying to g1ve some advantage to freya as they attack encircling the leader

to hit: 10+7= 17
damage: 8+3+6= 17

Last edited by Belkregos; 15th of February, 2005 at 05:20.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Unread 16th of February, 2005, 03:33
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Round 3 recap

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi ooc: you dropped your bow and drew your scimitar when Round 1 started, have you jumped off your horse and reclaimed yoru bow? No previous round did you do this. So if you wish to do so, you will lose your action this round.
Harith has shot one of the 3 bandits fighting in melee near the trees
Belandor and Lady Shelindar are in melee combat slaying the one Harith shot.
Zeus's action is still pending
Freya attack the bandit leader
Belkregros slays the 4th bandit who charged him.
Bandit Leader and 2 surviving bandits in melee still

Everyone sees/hears ....a figure carrying a shield and sword..... the new pc Darius is running down the hill behind the trees/near Lady Shelindar and Belandor waving his sword unsheathed and crying out in Zamorian. (you may roll initiative for round 4 in a bit)

You also see 2 others observing from the hill top....one holds a bow...

There were 6 bandits total.... 3 lay dead from arrows and great sword wounds...... the other 3 (one being the leader) still live.

[ooc: initiative order: Harith, Belandor, Lady Shelindar, Zeus, Freya, Belk, bandit leader, bandits]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 16th of February, 2005 at 03:35.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Unread 16th of February, 2005, 04:38
Zeus's Avatar
Zeus
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1073
Posts: 26 (0.01 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi ooc: you dropped your bow and drew your scimitar when Round 1 started, have you jumped off your horse and reclaimed yoru bow? No previous round did you do this. So if you wish to do so, you will lose your action this round.
[ooc: I'm pretty sure I dropped the scimitar and drew my bow, not the other way around

EDIT: If possible, I'd like to avoid firing into melee. Perhaps firing at those bandits at the hill?]

Last edited by Zeus; 16th of February, 2005 at 04:41.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Unread 16th of February, 2005, 04:57
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Originally Posted by Zeus [ooc: I'm pretty sure I dropped the scimitar and drew my bow, not the other way around

EDIT: If possible, I'd like to avoid firing into melee. Perhaps firing at those bandits at the hill?]
Since you lack the feat to fire into melee, you'd be advised not to do so. -4 penalty to hit.

GM Note: Scroll back 1 page to your last post on Jan 31st. You clearly have your scimitar during Round 2.....and at Round 1 you dropped your bow and drew it.

[ooc: Init = 19
To hit = d20 + 2 (scimitar) = 13
Damage = 1d8 +1 = 3 (crap )]

The lead horseman tries to avoid strangers' line of fire and give them a clean shot at the pursuing bandits. Just before he reaches strangers' position he suddenly stops, turns his horse around and prepares for a countercharge.

So tell me again where you got your bow?!
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Unread 16th of February, 2005, 17:26
Zeus's Avatar
Zeus
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1073
Posts: 26 (0.01 per day)
[ooc: As I see it, I was unarmed before the Round 1. I drew my scimitar to countercharge the leading bandit, but seeing how useless it is against him, I threw it aside and drew my bow (from some kind of sheath on the saddle or my back or... hell, how do you carry these things to keep your hands free? [img]images/smilies/smiley%20-%20happy.gif[/img] ). Besides:

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi Zeus tosses his scimitar and draws his bow, hastily firing into the melee with Freya, Belkregos and the bandit leader. Luckily for the pcs he doesn't hit them and really misses the leader
]
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 02:53
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Round 3 still: Zeus's Action

>against him, I threw it aside and drew my bow (from some kind of sheath on the saddle or my back or... hell, how do you carry these things to keep your hands free?<

GM Note:

I understood you shot prior to round 1, saw the arrow was ineffective and dropped it and drew your blade (and the posts in the thread show this clearly). But if you want to reuse your bow, I'll let you for the sake of this.... so roll to hit.

Do you shoot at the bandit leader or the other melee going on? Without Precise Shot feat you take a -4 penalty to hit, then its the AP thing if you can penetrate, plus the DR of the opposing armor.

So roleplay and roll away.

While you're notching your bow Freya swings her warsword with both and cries out to Ymir in Nordhemier and her steel clashes on the steel of the bandit's axehead.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Unread 17th of February, 2005, 03:16
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.09 per day)
Harith puts his bow away and begins to ride towards the melee, drawing his scimitar.

ooc: How far to the group from where I am now?
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Unread 20th of February, 2005, 20:34
Zeus's Avatar
Zeus
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1073
Posts: 26 (0.01 per day)
The Hyrkanian notches an arrow aiming at one of the bandits (not the leader). He grins angrily and shoots.

[ooc: Sorry for the whole mess with weapons

To Hit: 13 + 6 - 4 (melee penalty) = 15
Damage: 7 + 1 = 8
Armour piercing: 3 + 1 = 4 (The bow is +1)

Ride: 6 + 7 = 13]
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Unread 21st of February, 2005, 11:44
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Round 3 Recap

Originally Posted by Zeus To Hit: 13 + 6 - 4 (melee penalty) = 15
You fire and barely miss one of the 2 remaining bandits engaged with Belandor and Lady Shelindar.

Recap of Round 3

Harith has shot one of the 3 bandits fighting in melee near the trees
Belandor and Lady Shelindar are in melee combat slaying the one Harith shot.
Zeus shoots at the 2 surviving bandits, missing one barely.
Freya attacks the bandit leader, her warsword dancing and clashing with his great axe, sparks fly, but the bandit doesn't get scratched. She curses loudly to Ymir.
Belkregros slays the 4th bandit who charged him.
Bandit Leader and 2 surviving bandits return blows, the bandit leader cuts Freya, her chainmail protecting her from most harm and the other two bandits barely miss Belandor and Lady Shelindar.

Darius runs down the hill waving his sword and crying out in Zamorian.... he makes it to the edge of the crop of trees as Harith drops his bow and draws his scimitar.

Round 4 will begin....

[ooc: initiative order: Harith, Belandor, Lady Shelindar, Zeus, Freya, Belk, bandit leader, bandits...Darius]
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Unread 21st of February, 2005, 11:46
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.97 per day)
Round 4

Originally Posted by Harith Harith puts his bow away and begins to ride towards the melee, drawing his scimitar. ooc: How far to the group from where I am now?

You drop your bow and draw your blade, you see Darius make it to the crop of trees. Do you charge?

ooc: make a ride check
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Unread 22nd of February, 2005, 03:16
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.74 per day)
Darius attempts to move to attack one of the two bandits (doesn't matter which).

[Attack Roll: Roll(1d20)+3:15,+3Total:18]
[Damage Roll: Roll(1d10)+2:2,+2 Total:4]
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Unread 22nd of February, 2005, 03:56
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.09 per day)
Charge!

Harith charges the melee and attempts to slice a bandit in two.

OOC:
Ride = 9 + 5 = 14
To Hit = 10 + 3 + 2 (charge) = 15 (+1 second level) = 16
Damage (unlikely) = d8 + 2 = 8 + 2 = 10

Last edited by Harith; 22nd of February, 2005 at 07:35. Reason: added second level to hit bonus
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 05:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren