Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Sheepmen's Games > Midguard

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 07:10
Lachlan
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7583
Posts: 14 (0.00 per day)
Mr.Beble nods to Andelus and then looks to Fizi.
"He's right!" The sock puppet whispers in his high pitched voice(higher than an average gnome voice at least). Fizi turns back to look at the elf at the bar and glares at her. He turns back to look at Andelus and smirks.

"If you'll excuse use for a moment."

Fizi hops down from his chair and slowly moves under tables and chairs to sneak up on the elf. The gnome glances to his right and notices a wine rack fairly close to the bar. He waits for the barbarian to look away before he quickly skuries up the rack to the very top. Fizi reaches down to his side and unsheaths a dagger while Mr.Beble does the same, grabbing it with his mouth.

At the top of his lungs Fizi screams.

"GO FOR THE EYES.MR.BEBLE! GO FOR THE EYES!" Fizi jumps off of the wine rack towards the barbarian.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 07:30
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Edward's nose wrinkles a bit towards the Gnome, then he indicates the other Chosen with one hand and a nod. "He is." he says.

Coming back over to stand beside Andelus he looks between the elf and gnome with some mild curiousity on his features, quirking a brow as he notes the presence of the beer soaked sock on the gnome's hand. This appears to confuse Edward, his hands settling on his hips as he stares at this for a long moment. Eventually he speaks, in the common tongue. "I should think that would ruin whatever flavor the brew had, however... if you are 'accustomed' to sucking things out of socks..."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 07:34
Krystaru
Tiny Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7582
Posts: 18 (0.01 per day)
Lijnn who had been watching the patrons at the bar for some time now slowly sips her drink, looking towards the gnome with a deadpan expression across her face. She lowers her glass slowly from her lips and places it on the table while locking eyes with the gnome.

She doesn't seem too concerned about anything including the fact that the gnome is talking to a sock nor the fact that he is attempting to engage her in combat. "You might want to put those away before you hurt yourself." The message is delivered plainly and matter of factly and is not intended to be a threat or a challenge.

Seeing the gnome try to jump at her, Lijnn gets to her feet and moves a few chairs down where she quietly repositions her drink on a napkin.

Lijnn takes another sip from her glass, and glances at the gnome from the corner of her eye. She is aware of her surroundings and does not want to cause a scene in a place that could be packed full of thugs, officers, and mercenaries. However she is aware of the axe by her side which is many times larger than the gnome. She makes no attempt to draw her blade just yet, not wanting to provoke the gnome further.

Last edited by Krystaru; 20th of August, 2009 at 07:40.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 09:51
Sheepmen's Avatar
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7472
Location: roaming around, but don't expect me to help you get any sleep tonight.. you're on your own
Posts: 304 (0.10 per day)
( Fizi )
Fizi now standing on the bar, weapons drawn is ever focused on the half elf who has now moved a bit further down. it is very apparent that she was in fact snooping about. But to what end you wonder, no getting a much closer look she doesn't have the look, or for that matter the smell of a hardend thief. moments later the barkeep musters the courage to say. you there, Mr Gnome... there is to be no fighting in my estiblishment. Should you need to fight.. take it outside.
__________________
Sheepmen

"if it looks dangerous try having one of your friends go first"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 11:34
GIJ00
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7593
Posts: 147 (0.05 per day)
Nalin leans against the wall, eyes lazily tracking the brewing conflict with interest.

Weak minded fools.

Crossing his arms into his robes, his hands came to gently rest on the two wands hidden underneath, prepared to defend himself should this erupt into a bar fight.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 11:57
Vighardur's Avatar
Vighardur
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Member: #7569
Location: The State of Insanity
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
As the gnome excused himself, Andelus turned his attention to Edward and nodded his head with a slight shrugg of the shoulders, as to the comment made by the captain.
He straightened himself and turned back only to see the gnome was gone. His brow wrinkled in frustration as he scanned the room trying to locate the gnome and sock.
Out of her periferal vision, Andelus in shock spotted the duo in atop a wine rack. Upon hearing the gnome scream, and the half-elf speak, Andelus glanced to Edward and shook his head with a short smile.
With a sigh, scratched his head and pulled out his flask, taking a larger than normal drink. A sour expression on his face, Andelus stood and made his way to the bar.
While in route he heard the bartender shout and with a motion of his hand, looking at the man behind the bar, spoke...
"That will not be necessary." Andelus sighed, and glared at Fizi with his eyebrows lowered.
"That is enough, Fizi," he said as his expressions seamed to fade from his face,
"I apologize Ma am," now looking to the half-elf, "It seems I have overestimated the diplomacy skills of my new friend."
Andelus waited for the chatter in the tavern to continue and than again spoke.
"I simply pointed out to my friend here that you seemed to be listening to our conversation," he said as he helped the gnome down from the bar. "In a place such as this, with the circumstances that surround this area at this time, I think it unwise to eavesdrop on conversations that do not concern you," now giving the half-elf a emotionless glare. "Especially in times such as these with wars and bandits all around us, we cannot afford to simply dismiss possible threats."
He turned his attention to the gnome, exhaled loudly, and with an relieving tone, lowering his eyes disappointed with himself, said, "We also cannot assume that every snoop is a spy, and for that I apoligize to the both of you."
After a brief moment, Andelus raised his head and again started to speak.
"If you will indulge me, I would like to make amends to my fault, and I offer drinks at my table."
"Should you choose not to accept, I will understand and offer a drink regardless," he said with a look at the bartender so as to confirm the order was understood. "Now if you will excuse me, I will take no more of you time," he said, turning and proceeding back to his table.
__________________
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

Last edited by Vighardur; 20th of August, 2009 at 13:31. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 13:29
Krystaru
Tiny Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7582
Posts: 18 (0.01 per day)
Making no effort to apologize, or make an excuse for herself, the half-elf simply smiles and nods. "Well, when you're alone in a port as dull as this one, you tend to look for interesting things to pass the time... and you two seemed interesting enough to me." She purses her lips into a slight smile but keeps a rather harsh gaze upon the gnome and his sock puppets.

Lifting her cup to her lips once again, she finds it has run dry. Her smile fades and then quickly reappears at the mention of more drinks. Standing and giving a slight bow to the elf, she gladly accepts his invitation and follows him to his table, but not before effortlessly hefting her axe over one shoulder and bringing it with her.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 13:44
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Edward follows Andelus over to the bar, and the altercation there featuring dagger be-fisted flying gnomes and half-elven women of uncommon large musculature. There are sights, and then there are 'sights'. Edward's expression betrays his confusion for a brief moment, his hands however lower to settle upon the brace of pistols in his belt... hesitating there before one is then drawn. it is kept in hand, allowed to point down towards the floor instead of at anyone in particular. The object of his focus however is clearly Fizi. "Master Gnome will kindly settle himself, afore he unsettles me or the Lady further. It would be wise, assure you." he says, shifting on his feet to bring the side, his right, with the lowered pistol to be facing the gnome. Out of the corner of his eye he watches Andelus settle things with the woman, and lead her away to their table. After this they get no more of his attention, though he speaks towards Andelus, in the Chosen tongue. "No fear, Brother, I'll steer a course clear of this trouble of yours like all the rest. My thanks for handling the dame, however. Who, however, is this strange little fellow you have left me with?"
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 14:44
Vighardur's Avatar
Vighardur
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Member: #7569
Location: The State of Insanity
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
Andelus advanced in an unbroken path to the table, one hand abrading his forehead in slight frustration.
The sound of the captain speaking in the soft familiar tongue soothed his nerves, and brought to mind the countless occasions Edward had proved a guide to him through much more troublesome times than this.
Andelus paused, turned and glanced behind towards the captain marginally turning his body and gave the captain his thanks with a fist to his heart, and than continued to the table.
Upon arrival, Andelus motioned to the half-elf the chair in which he intended her to sit. He stood straightening his clothes and other objects he was carrying in anticipation of the others that would join him at the table.
__________________
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 21st of August, 2009, 00:14
Krystaru
Tiny Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7582
Posts: 18 (0.01 per day)
Lijnn took her seat at the table and began browsing through the list of drinks. She was silent but every once in awhile she would lift her eyes and look at the others, trying to think of something to say. Finally, after several moments of awkward silence she managed to say "So... uh... you like to carve wood?" Pointing at the ship which Andelus had earlier left on the table. She peered quixotically at it, thinking it quite strange.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 21st of August, 2009, 01:56
Vighardur's Avatar
Vighardur
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Member: #7569
Location: The State of Insanity
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
As Andelus stood awaiting the others to be seated, leaning slightly on the chair in front him. He heard the half-elf speak.
"The preferred term is whittling," he said with a slight tilt of the head downward towards her.
Now having grown impatient for the others arrival, Andelus chose to seat himself before the others arrived. He pulled the chair out, stepping to the left side of it, and sat with a groan.
With one hand grasping the table for support, he brushed the excess wood shavings off the table.
"And yes, I like to carve wood," he said plainly, he brown eyed gaze locked on the half-elf. Andelus' chest grew with a deep breath, then he exhaled it.
"I have always been good with my hands," he spoke as he lifted the ship in his hands, inspecting it for any faults. Satisfied with his work, he turned to his side and placed the ship in his bag.
"And what do you like to do?" he said to the half-elf with a tilt of his head.
__________________
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 21st of August, 2009, 06:15
Krystaru
Tiny Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7582
Posts: 18 (0.01 per day)
Lijnn smiled as she admired the tiny ship. "Too bad it's not larger and could carry us away from here. Seems we'll be stuck here awhile." She said thoughtfully as she thumbed the slip of paper in her pocket.

"Me? I like flying although not accustomed to ships yet. Where I'm from they still use dragons." She smiled in fond remembrance. "It's a totally different feeling, the wind in your hair, the warmth of the beast beneath you, the fresh air, the sun, and all the scents in the wind mixing together and assaulting your nostrils all at once."

She sat back relaxing a bit in her chair. "Other than that, I help out around the house. I live with my father, so he is not terribly handy with things... well aside from his skill with a blade, which he has in turn taught me." She turned her gaze towards her axe and lifted a strong bronze hand to brush aside her hair.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 21st of August, 2009, 09:51
Lachlan
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7583
Posts: 14 (0.00 per day)
The gnome looks back at the bartender and smirks putting his daggers away.

"Fine." He simply replies while making a mental note to bust into the establishment and help himself to some free alcohol when he's done with Sol.

The gnome glares up at the man pointing the pistol down at him. He opens his mouth to say something when Mr.Beble rudely interrupts.

"Mine's bigger." The sock puppet says with a chuckle. Fizi walks back to the table and climbs back up on the chair in the middle of the conversation.

"Dragons, huh? pfft...those are child's play to tame. In fact Mr.Beble and I do it all the time...when we're not slaying them!" Fizi says, clearly lying.

Fizi's eyes shift down to the axe beside the barbarian. He grins as he stares at it almost as if the tiny gnome is somehow plotting to steal such a hefty weapon.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 22nd of August, 2009, 04:05
Sheepmen's Avatar
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7472
Location: roaming around, but don't expect me to help you get any sleep tonight.. you're on your own
Posts: 304 (0.10 per day)
( Everyone )
there is some kind of great comotion happening outside. the sounds of people talking, shouting, and even some crying can be heard, this distraction even overcomes the noise within the tavern and draws your attention. Some of the patrons have already headed outside, weapons at the ready.
__________________
Sheepmen

"if it looks dangerous try having one of your friends go first"
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 22nd of August, 2009, 05:32
Krystaru
Tiny Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7582
Posts: 18 (0.01 per day)
Wondering if the commotion has something to do with the stories on the news stand of the robbers or the missing princess, Lijnn decides to grab her axe and walk outside. Afterall the sooner the princess is returned, the sooner the ships will leave port; and the sooner the thieves have been stopped, the easier it will be to travel by foot. And if it was neither of those two things, then Lijnn wondered what it could be.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 27th of August, 2009, 08:24
Lachlan
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7583
Posts: 14 (0.00 per day)
The gnome frowns as he sees the axe be picked up and walked away with. His ears twitch at the commotion going on outside...to which only one thing comes to mind for Fizi. PROFIT. The gnome looks to Andelus.

"Maybe we should go check it out?" He says motioning to the door leading outside.
"People are probably distracted and easy targ...I mean...people might need our help!" Fizi says with shifty eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 27th of August, 2009, 08:37
Vighardur's Avatar
Vighardur
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Member: #7569
Location: The State of Insanity
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
Andelus, having heard the disturbance grow over time, checked his surroundings within the bar, and attempted to recall the details of the environment outside the tavern.
With a look towards the captain, and a nod to Fizi, he brought himself out of the chair with the support of his arms, with aims of exiting throught the back.
On the way, he assumed the cooperation of the barman with a nod and made his way out the back door.
__________________
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 27th of August, 2009, 15:13
Sheepmen's Avatar
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7472
Location: roaming around, but don't expect me to help you get any sleep tonight.. you're on your own
Posts: 304 (0.10 per day)
( everyone outside )
the comotion is caused by an airship, it is heading west along the westmark highway. It looks to be a larger cargo ship, (sea wind class, larger version of the skyline) people are up in arms over this "saviour ship" that has just up and left them stranded here. It continues on along the westmark until it is out of sight.
__________________
Sheepmen

"if it looks dangerous try having one of your friends go first"

Last edited by Sheepmen; 31st of August, 2009 at 13:15.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 29th of August, 2009, 03:58
Krystaru
Tiny Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7582
Posts: 18 (0.01 per day)
Lijnn grimmaced as she watched the ship fade into the horizon. To everyone and to no one in particular she posed a question "How is it, that ship can fly, when they've grounded all flights on government order?" She sighed and continued to stare where the ship used to be.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 29th of August, 2009, 10:31
Vighardur's Avatar
Vighardur
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Member: #7569
Location: The State of Insanity
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
After seeing the ship slowly fade into the horizon, Andelus scratched at the center of his chin with the nail of his thumb, mumbling to himself with an annoyed pitch.
With the expression still on his face, still staring into the distance as if having not yet focused his eyes back to his surroundings, he turned on his heels, and started back to the tavern.
__________________
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 3rd of September, 2009, 08:25
Lachlan
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7583
Posts: 14 (0.00 per day)
Fizi steps outside just in time to see the airship nearly out of sight. The gnome smirks as he leans against the wall of the tavern eyeing the crowd for an easy mark.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 3rd of September, 2009, 22:35
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Edward follows the others out to watch the ship making pace to the west. His brows furrow a bit, and he watches it solidly for perhaps five or six seconds. Then he looks down in thought, his hands producing his pipe and beginning to pack it with pipeweed. A mild gesture with one hand evinces a small sputter of arcane flame to light the thing and he begins to smoke.

"The ships are not grounded by the port authority, Lady. The are running from the war that is coming this way, for fear of having their vessels seized or destroyed by it. Whereas, strangely enough, this one is sailing 'into' the war, or closer to it at any rate. Which is strange as it is so obviously 'not' a combat vessel. The nearest port in that direction is in the city of Minot... which is roughly in 'that' direction." he says, gesturing with one hand over the horizon to the west, but not quite in the direction of the road. "The road ends in the same place, yet follows the terrain as most roads do. The pilot therefore is either looking for something along the road, or is inexperienced or unskilled, and following the road to avoid getting lost. Which I'm not certain, yet either way... it is unusual to fly such a lumbering cargo trawler into battle. It has no weaponry and is so slow and unmanueverable that it can't avoid the fight once it is in it. So... it is curious, that is for certain."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 10th of September, 2009, 01:13
Sheepmen's Avatar
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7472
Location: roaming around, but don't expect me to help you get any sleep tonight.. you're on your own
Posts: 304 (0.10 per day)
( Meta game knowledge )
This is to help clear the air a bit.

Ships are not grounded or banned from flying in or around shell 4, most of the airship captains won’t because of the huge risk that their ship being taken for war purposes or shot down. So when an airship flew over the town people went crazy because it was supposed to be the promised escape ship everyone was told about. Or the one super brave airship captain willing to risk it all to save the people. But he didn’t stop or even slow down, he just kept on going until he found the Westmark highway (or the main road out of town that leads to Minot and the war). Then he began to follow it closely. So it’s important to know that he is doing one of two things, one he is a unskilled captain and must follow the road to find where he’s going or two he’s looking for something along the road. Or he could be a bit of both. Also so you guys know you have been stranded for a few days here in town and you have seen lots of people come into the town so things like horses and other nonfood supplies are dirt cheap right now. But food is super costly. You all also at least have seen each other at least once before (not counting Nalin). But you all know the longer you wait about town the more people looking for an escape from the war the harder it’s going to be to get out of the town and off the shell.
__________________
Sheepmen

"if it looks dangerous try having one of your friends go first"

Last edited by Sheepmen; 10th of September, 2009 at 01:49.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 10th of September, 2009, 01:35
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Edward continues to watch the ship for a moment more before he turns back to the others. "Either way, we know his route. If it is an unskilled pilot, they may not be travelling at full pace. If so we may be able to catch him in direct chase. If they are, it will take more time yet we could cut across country and arrive at a point ahead of him on the road to the same effect. Likely this is the only tub we are going to find on this shell, and it would at least get us up and off of this rock." he stops for a moment, then turning towards Andelus. "Andelus, we are going to need horses, enough for us all to change mounts once or twice a day to keep at pace. Also supplies, such as can be had yet not so much as to weigh us down. We must make the best time we can, to get ahead of it."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 11th of September, 2009, 02:58
GIJ00
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member: #7593
Posts: 147 (0.05 per day)
Nalin sighed. "I guess I'd better get packing then" he said waving a hand at his newly acquired goods. "It shouldn't take me too long to get ready." Almost as an afterthought to Edward he added "And I suppose it would be too much to ask that the gnome gets a shower before we leave? He... smells." At that, Nalin spun around and walked inside the tavern.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 15:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren