Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 4th of March, 2006, 02:59
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Chapter 4 Scene 4 Exploring the Tower of Mikon

After the hobgoblin falls, Gizerak lowers his mace, his chest heaving from the exertion of the battle.

Qith a worried expression on his face, the halfling calls once again upon his deity for strength. As tiny flames dance across the wounds of the fallen elf, Gizerak beseeches the Duke of the Western Flame to aid his companion. He has lost too many companions already to have another fall.

Once the casting is done and there is no more he can do but wait for Kierna to rise, Gizerak takes out the last of his potions and hands it to Flaargj.

"Here, drink this. My favor with the four royals is nearly spent after this battle."

Weary and nearly out of spells, Gizerak begins to survey the area when he sees Fugen and an obviously wounded Termix as well. Striding to their side, he again lays hands on a companion and a small dust storm envelops Termix and washes away some of his hurts.

That done, he returns back to the others in the courtyard. He begins to tear strips of (relatively clean) cloth from the nearest body to begin binding the wounds of Fugen and Linus as well.

With a sigh that the group has survived, the halfling begins to look over the body of the cleric as Flaargj interrogates the hostage, taking extra notice of any items that may replenish his supply of healing magics.

OOC: Channel Resist Energy to Cure Moderate Wounds and cast on Kierna (2d8+3), Hand my last potion to Flaargj afterwards. Channel Magic Weapon and cast Cure Light wounds on Termix. Heal check on Fugen and Linus to bind their wounds and prevent more blood loss. Then search the cleric's body and help search the others.

Spells currently prepared:
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic, Resistance
1st: Bless, Divine Favor (cast), Magic Weapon (Domain: Burning Hands - cast)
2nd: Resist Energy(x2, cast once) (Domain: Produce Flame)
  #2  
Unread 4th of March, 2006, 04:02
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.24 per day)
Once the goblin is down, Fugen gives Termix a look of admonishment before heading back into the tower complex. Once inside he starts to sort through the bodies of the dead and dying. Those that are dead, he drags outside the walls. The ones who are still breathing, he strips of their weapons and armor before tying them up.

[OOC: Fugen isn't making any attempt to be gentle with those who are alive and stable. If his actions aggrivate their injuries and kill them he's not paying attention to that. However, he's not going out of his way to be rough in a way that is sure to kill them.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #3  
Unread 4th of March, 2006, 10:48
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.87 per day)
Linus heads into the nearby tents and begins opening the chests, being very careful to inspect each one for traps beforehand.
  #4  
Unread 4th of March, 2006, 14:46
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.40 per day)
Termix doesn't see Fugen's look of astonishment, being highly distracted. The goblin may be down, but its still alive. Termix raises his quarterstaff, holds it there for a second and brings it down again and agian into the body of his fallen foe. During his breif pause, he thinks to himself-
He wanted me dead. He got his chance, and failed. I'm going to make sure he doesn't get a second chance. Dirty little beast.
Termix has and keeps a look of absolute hatred in his eyes during each and every swing of his staff.

Termix has completely exhausted himself, and is very happy for the healings given him by his halfling friend. After catching his breath, he heads inside to assist Flarrgj in interrogating the surviving goblin. He makes no effort to hide the blood on his quarterstaff.

OOC: Try to assist in Flarrgj's intimidate after beating "my" goblin to a pulp, quite literally.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #5  
Unread 6th of March, 2006, 07:31
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Chapter 4 Scene 4 Exploring the Tower of Mikon

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 4 Linus Opens the Chest

Flarrgj viciously backhands the goblin. It is knocked unconscious, and will not recover for hours.

Once Termix has pounded the goblin outside, he joins Flarrgj, but with the goblin thoroughly unconscious, there is nothing to be done at the moment.

Fugen drags the bodies of their opponents around, sorting the dead from the wounded. Only one goblin, one hobgoblin, and the bugbear are still alive, and all are unconscious (this does not include the goblin that Flarrgj has just knocked unconscious). He sorts through their gear and inventories it as follows:
4 more Zauchan clan medallions like the one found earlier- one on each of the hobgoblin corporals.
longsword x4
damaged studded leather x4
javelin x12
damaged leather armor
light wooden shield x5
morningstar
small Morningstar x12
small javelin x12
small damaged suits of leather armor x12
small damaged light shields x12

Gizerak is able to return Kierna to consciousness and fully heal Fugen. Termix improved substantially but is still wounded. Gizerak surveys the wounds of the group and determines their state. Termix is clearly the most wounded.

He searches the body of Zushath. The dead hobgoblin priest has his holy symbol (or perhaps unholy symbol would be more accurate), a potion, and a scroll.

Linus does not find any chests in any of the small tents. He looks in the only building that has a roof; the building from which the bugbear and hobgoblins came earlier. Sleeping mats for the hobgoblin corporals and the bugbear are arranged inside. Their playing cards still lie on a small table in the middle of the room.

Against the far wall he sees a stack of valuable items, including ten yards of silk and fifty pounds of bulk commodities such as salt, cinnamon, and saffron, neatly sorted in small bags.

Here there is a locked chest. He examines it carefully by himself with no assistance, and doesn’t find any traps. He is able to open the lock on the first try.

As Linus opens the chest, he sees that it is filled with at least thirty pounds of coinage, mostly silver. As soon as the chest opens, Linus feels ill. The room spins around him, and he feels flushed.



OOC
4,3:17 (1d20=9, 1d20=13, 1d20=2, 1d20=14, 1d20=8, 1d20=9, 1d20=12, 1d20=2, 1d20=7, 1d20=5)
Flarrgj attacks goblin. +4 vs prone. Hits with 9+mods inc fatigue and bless. 3 pts of non-lethal damage vs goblin, already at zero hp.

Kierna is back to 10hp.

Fugen regains 6 hp.

Termix regains 6 hp.

Linus takes 20 on search check, but still barely misses search DC of glyph of warding (DC28). Opens lock with 13+mods. Misses fort save with 2+mods.

Gizerak heal check 14+mods. Enough to learn HP status of group.

Fugen is now unwounded.
Flarrgj has lost 22 HP (Note: was offered a healing potion but hasn’t indicated he will take it)
Gizerak has lost 5 HP
Kierna has lost 14 HP
Linus has lost 4 HP
Termix has lost 7 HP

EXPERIENCE:
Major victory over 12 goblins (CR 1/3 ea), 4 hobgoblins (CR ½ ea), a bugbear (CR2), and a 5th level hobgoblin cleric (CR5). Minor victory over one goblin (escaped) 33xp. 2600xp total /6 = 433 xp to each character.

Last edited by crueldespot; 6th of March, 2006 at 11:01.
  #6  
Unread 6th of March, 2006, 09:21
Andorax's Avatar
Andorax
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1481
Location: Boise, ID, USA
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Coming back to consciousness groggily, Kierna tries to take in her surroundings once more. Looking up at Gizerak, Kierna simply says "thank you." Painfully, she regains her feet...still seriously wounded, but at least alive for now.
  #7  
Unread 6th of March, 2006, 13:15
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.40 per day)
Termix is feeling quite better, but not perfect. His leg is begining to bug him where the gobling outside first struck him, but not enough to make him limp. He takes a nearby tent and wipes off his quarterstaff before putting it away. Termix then walks to the main courtyard area and looks at everyone. Kierna looks terrible, but is probably doing better than him. At least everyone's still here. Termix then moves to the doorway(or area) where Linus is. "You find anything useful?" he asks, followed quickly with,"hey, you don't look so good. You ok?"
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #8  
Unread 6th of March, 2006, 16:46
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj snears at the collapsed goblin and accepts the potion with thanks, nocking it back quickly. He then looks around and begins to help everyone else with piling all the stuff together. He sugests to everyone that they orgonize everything, going to drag the chests out into the court yard when he see's Linus realing and frowns, leaving the treasure to try and help him, bringint outside to so the others can help, then returns to piling everything so that they are orgenized.

"I'm thinkink we should return to town, get better before going into tower. Give weapons and stuff ta halflings, sell stuff... How is Linus?"
  #9  
Unread 8th of March, 2006, 01:20
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.24 per day)
As he sorts through the dead and dying, removing the latter of anything that might allow them to fight back should they regain conciousness, Fugen discovers something that he had previously overlooked. These hobgoblins were wearing Zauchan clan medalions! But what would Zauchan clan members be doing here, in Zun Yan territory? And to have turned to raiding and banditry with goblins and a bugbear? What was going on here?

Intent on finding some answers, Fugen performs a more thurough search of the bodies of the hobgoblins and their gear, looking for some clues to this dillema. He also takes the time to seperate the living hobgoblin from the other prisoners so that he can be questioned in private when he regains conciousness.

Last edited by Black Plauge; 8th of March, 2006 at 01:24.
  #10  
Unread 8th of March, 2006, 15:19
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
4:1 Bodies of the Goblinoids

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 4:1 Bodies of the Goblinoids

Linus feels disoriented and hot. He feels an itch in his throat, but the cough comes out sounding like a barking laugh.

Flarrgj helps to bring the chests outside. Everyone can now see the coinage in the opened chest. Noone has touched this loot yet. The other chest is still unopened.

Fugen’s search yields no other clues on the bodies of the goblinoids.



OOC
Flarrgj recovers 8 hp from the potion.

Linus -4 wisdom.
  #11  
Unread 8th of March, 2006, 23:02
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.87 per day)
"Help. Trap." Linus manages to gasp out.
  #12  
Unread 9th of March, 2006, 00:41
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj rushes to Linus and curses under his breath, reolizing his potion could have saved Linus here. He looks around, then picks Linus up like a child, carrieng him out into the court yard, yelling loudly;

"Linus hurt from trap in box!"

He sets him down so one of the others can try and tend to him.
  #13  
Unread 9th of March, 2006, 06:44
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.40 per day)
I knew he didn't look good. At least Flarrgj has got him near the others. Not much I can do, if anything at all Termix thinks to himself. Better start thinking of our next course of action while their hands are tied. Hmmm....
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #14  
Unread 9th of March, 2006, 07:56
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.24 per day)
Not having gotten any answers from the hobgoblins' equipment, Fugen is left with little choice but to wait for their hobgoblin prisoner to awake.

The action doesn't stop, however, as it seems Linus stumbled onto a trap while opening a chest of goods. Concerned that his reaction might be the result of posion, and that the posion might still be dangerous to Linus, Fugen extracts a vial of what he's fairly certian is anti-toxin from his bags and hands it to Gizerak, signing to explain what he thinks it is.

[OOC: The anti-toxin is the vial that was retrieved off of Nagikara and his goons. Although we know what it is, Fugen's being cautious about it because we recovered it off an enemy and haven't have any one trusted confirm what it is.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #15  
Unread 9th of March, 2006, 13:47
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
4:2 Help. Trap.

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 4:2 Help. Trap.

Linus is still able to walk, and is hardly helpless. He has a fever and he feels disoriented, but the effects appear to have reached a plateau for now.
  #16  
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 05:44
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.24 per day)
Not knowing anything about healing and posions, Fugen leaves Gizerak to it after handing over the anti-toxin vial and explaining what it is. He then goes back to his task of managing the dead.

Having dragged all the bodies outside the compound, Fugen starts to gather firewood to burn the corpses with. As he does so, two things occur to him. The first is that the mounts are still tied up outside the tower. The second is that while the hobgoblin was still breathing, he had sustained a fair bit of damage in the fight so it would probably be a good idea for Gizerak to look after him if they were going to question him.

The first thought is easily taken care of. Fugen simply heads over to where he tied up the animals earlier and leads them into the stable area of the tower where he ties them up to whatever remains of the stalls and hitching posts.

The second thought is some what harder to take care of, as it requires convincing the others to save the life of one of the enemies they just worked so hard to defeat. Still, if Fugen is going to get any answers its worth a shot.

Going over the Gizerak and Linus again, Fugen explains that he'd like to question the hobgoblin. The man is from the same province as Fugen, and he wants to know what he's doing here, so far outside of Zauchan province and under the command of a bugbear.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #17  
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 13:02
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj, seeing linus stable, goes and gets the other chest, places it in the center, and, wary of Linus's injury, inspects it heavily, calling others to help him.

((Search the box, if linus didn't make it i doubt Flarrgj will, but perhaps if someone else makes and assist check...))
  #18  
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 13:31
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
4:3 Missing Pony

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 4:3 Missing Pony.

Bodies do not burn easily, and Fugen realizes that it will take a great deal of fuel to cremate the remains of so many goblinoids. His brief effort to gather firewood is not very successful. The thin forest on the mountain does not yield many dead branches.

When Fugen returns to the mounts, he sees that one of the ponies is missing.

Flarrgj examines the boxes carefully, but doesn't see anything unusual about them. The box opened by Linus appears to be filled with money, but no one has actually reached inside yet. The other box is still closed. The closed box has a lock. Whether it is locked or merely closed is unknown.

Last edited by crueldespot; 10th of March, 2006 at 23:31.
  #19  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 03:12
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Not really excited about the prospect of keeping the creature alive, Gizerak agrees to use a minor healing prayer on the hobgoblin.

Looking over the vial that Fugen handed him, Gizerak attempts to ascertain it's contents before giving it to Linus.




Spells currently prepared:

0th: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic (cast), Resistance
1st: Bless, Divine Favor (cast), Magic Weapon (cast) (Domain: Burning Hands - cast)
2nd: Resist Energy(x2, cast once) (Domain: Produce Flame)
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #20  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 05:22
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj, all atention on the box now seems ponders the problem. He wants to know whats inside, but seeing what happened to Linus he's not gunna open it, even if he doesent see anything. Then an idea strikes him, he grabs one of the goblins javalin's, and, stepping back, atempts to flip the lid open with it.
  #21  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 06:09
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.40 per day)
Termix is upset that the bugbear is being kept alive. He considers all gobliniods fithly devils, and would just like to see them all die. He of course realizes, though, that there must be some reason for keeping him alive, though he doesn't know what that reason is.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #22  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 06:35
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
The hobgoblin regains some of his color, but remains unconscious.

Gizerak recognizes the symptoms that Linus is displaying. It is clear that he has a full-blown case of cackle fever, though there is no natural explanation for how it struck him so fast.

Gizerak is able to confirm that the vial contains anti-toxin, but since Linus is diseased rather than poisoned, the anti-toxin would not help.

Flarrgj uses the javelin as a lever to open the second chest, which is not locked. It opens normally. It appears to contain clothes and other personal possessions.
  #23  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 07:31
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj frowns, but a small chuckle replaces it quickly as he quickly rifle's through it for anything important or worth something.

After making sure things are orgonized, he begins to look around the are for a cart or something to carry all the stuff back to town, he also looks south, around the tents, finding and carrieng back the third chest. He repeats the prosess of before, inspecting it then opening it with a javilin very carefuly, warning the others before he does so, and jumping out of the way so as to not be hit by traps so that may be there.
  #24  
Unread 11th of March, 2006, 09:27
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.24 per day)
Displeased by the loss of a mount, Fugen can't entirely say that they shouldn't have anticipated that eventuality. Fortunately it was only one of the ponies. One of the halflings would have to ride double for a bit, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

With the hobgoblin prisoner now on the mend, albeit at only a natural pace, Fugen returns to collecting firewood. It might take quite a bit of wood to burn the bodies, but the time spent collecting it would be worth it in the end if it meant they didn't have to deal with the stench of rotting bodies.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #25  
Unread 13th of March, 2006, 23:21
Andorax's Avatar
Andorax
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1481
Location: Boise, ID, USA
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Knowing that at this point, the most important matter is to recover their strength and prepare for what lies ahead, Kierna is content mearly to settle in and watch. Climbing lightly up to the wall, she keeps an eye outwards from the compound, just in case someone decides to pay them a visit.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren