Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Reply
Thread Tools
  #451  
Unread 11th of August, 2013, 02:19
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
Okay, from the info I have: Per+Enig. Diff 8. 6 dice...

1 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 6 - 6 (Avg: 3,5)

Ouch. double botch on that. Let's just say that the mysteries of the universe have closed for the night, and you don't have a quarter for the clue phone... Thankfully, Adam has followed Tom through the various traps thus far.

But on a positive note: perhaps the sense of foulness and Wyrm/Weaver mix isn't bothering Adam as much as it should. Most would likely be freaked out by the idea of going into a nest like the idea of going down the spiral... Madoka, and the two spirit warriors, dog and monkey seem determined, but are already sweating.

There are no guards at the entrance, which is blocked by a rock. the rock is about the size of a motorcycle. Adam could move it in Crinos (that's how the BSD's get in or out), or Tom could transport everyone inside, but the more magic being used the more likely someone could detect it being used. up to you.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Unread 11th of August, 2013, 10:49
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.26 per day)
Adam will change to Crinos and move the rock. Adam will go first and have Red Flame bring up the rear.

OOC: Haha... clue phone. lol
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Unread 13th of August, 2013, 00:42
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
Once moved, a puff of rancid air comes out. The tunnel is small, it can only be taken one at a time. A Crinos or Hispo would fill the tunnel. What will be the order between Adam and Red Flame? What will you do when you come to the far end? It will end inside the power plant.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Unread 14th of August, 2013, 01:43
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.26 per day)
“ Once moved, a puff of rancid air comes out. The tunnel is small, it can only be taken one at a time. A Crinos or Hispo would fill the tunnel. What will be the order between Adam and Red Flame? What will you do when you come to the far end? It will end inside the power plant. ”
IC: The order will be Adam (Crinos), Monkey, Madoka, Dog, Tom, Red Flame. What we do depends on what is on the far end.

OOC: Just to make sure we are still in the Umbra.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Unread 21st of August, 2013, 00:26
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
Yes, still in the umbra, but its an odd twisting of the umbra... a melding of the living and the machine. Insanity to dwell on too deeply. You are crawling/making your way through a cave tunnel that looks like it has been dug out of the ground, but lined with the spider webs of technology. The far end of the tunnel has a covering that looks like a grate on a pipe, but is made of the material that wyrm dwellings are made of. bone and the hardened mucus of formori monstrosities.

Beyond the grate is a passageway that is lined with pulsating tubes. the tubes could be veins or arteries with dark material... wyrm blood flowing through them. But their placement is like the placement of power lines and conduits in a passageway of the plant. Basically, if you changed back to reality, this would look like any other tunnel lined with lots of tubes and wires.. but in the umbra, they are arteries, and veins, etc.


A passageway goes both directions, and one smells more of BSDs so it might lead to the next. the other way gives no indication of its destination.

Depending on how long you want to wait in the passageway, I will say more or not.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Unread 22nd of August, 2013, 01:03
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.26 per day)
IC: if the questing stone pulls towards one direction or another we'll go that way. Otherwise, we'll head towards the BSD's. (I rather have them in front of the party than behind).
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Unread 26th of August, 2013, 00:58
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
OOC: Sigh. Wish I had written down that info, but I couldn't find it on a quick search through posts, so I'll just ask. Was it pulling towards the location of the Sword? or towards something else?

If its for the sword that was lost, its going away from the BSD's... If its going towards another target, I'll update.

Sorry for all the delays... It's summer holiday here, and I'm doing my fatherly thing...
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Unread 26th of August, 2013, 03:21
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.26 per day)
“ Was it pulling towards the location of the Sword? ”
Yes. So we head away from the BSDs. Have Red Flame Keep himself hidden (invisible of possible) and watch for anyone approaching from behind.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Unread 29th of August, 2013, 01:11
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
going away from the BSD Nest will take you away from the core and back towards the mundane part of the power plant. I will take it that you are going to continue to avoid contact with others as much as possible. This will take a lot of work and a lot of backtracking, and hiding to avoid being seen by the patrols of fomori and BSD's. Although patrol is used loosely. they aren't expecting anything at the moment, so are moving around in their daily routines.

But from the tracking and the fact that the sword's location changes locations, it can be ascertained that it is being used by someone, and that it is in the real/mundane part of the power plant. So to reach the sword, you will need to return to the real side...

A problem is that this plant is a twisted combination of the Weaver and Wyrm. the barrier between the penumbra and the real world is very high... level 9. Now, that doesn't mean impossible, but almost. It will be easier for you to leave and come back... or perhaps, the BSD's have some way across when they have need to cross. What do you want to do to find out who has the sword?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Unread 30th of August, 2013, 01:21
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.26 per day)
OOC: I was thinking of an idea, but I'm not sure if the characters would think it possible. Can Tom use Magic where they are or will it set off alarms. I was considering gorilla tactics, but we would be more successful if we could better isolate individuals and prevent them from alerting others.

“ What do you want to do to find out who has the sword? ”
OOC: So the sword is in the reel world. and moving around so it's being carried. Wouldn't that be a little out of the ordinary in a power plant? It must be dedicated to a BSD. Well, we have to stay out of the view of humans so we'll have to have it come to us... eventually. Maybe Tom can keep track of the one we were following (mind or spirit?)
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #461  
Unread 4th of September, 2013, 01:32
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
Prudence would indicate that using magic would likely set off alarm bells. Eventually it can't be helped, but the longer you hold out from using it, the longer you remain stealthy. One candle in absolute darkness shines light pretty far.

Why would you assume that only a BSD could hold it? To get the most out of the sword, it should be dedicated to one who can use it to its fullest potential, but it could be carried around by anyone... for example in a box... and in Japan, while carrying a sword samurai-style in the belt would be unusual... an underling carrying a box that could be a favorite golf club is not so remarkable. And besides We are talking about a BSD infested nuclear site... how much would the employees care about what people are carrying around?

Which is tom going to focus on? The sword (spirit) or the wielder (mind)? That will make your determination and give you a roll to make.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Unread 10th of September, 2013, 11:41
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.26 per day)
“ Originally Posted by Akuma # Prudence would indicate that using magic would likely set off alarm bells. Eventually it can't be helped, but the longer you hold out from using it, the longer you remain stealthy. One candle in absolute darkness shines light pretty far. ”
All right let me ask you this. Does correspondence work within the power plant? (I'm assuming that there is a barrier surrounding the plant and that correspondence won't work to cross the barrier but we should be inside of it by now)

“ Originally Posted by Akuma # Why would you assume that only a BSD could hold it? To get the most out of the sword, it should be dedicated to one who can use it to its fullest potential, but it could be carried around by anyone... for example in a box... and in Japan, while carrying a sword samurai-style in the belt would be unusual... an underling carrying a box that could be a favorite golf club is not so remarkable. And besides We are talking about a BSD infested nuclear site... how much would the employees care about what people are carrying around? ”
Originally I thought that the sword would be sitting in a pile of rubbish in some disregarded corner, or perhaps adorning the wall of some office (not sure if it looks like a cared for antique or a rusty old sword). My thinking was that I couldn't imagine a BSD taking the time to figure out not only what it could do but how to make it happen.

As it is, I'm running under the assumption that fetishs can only be activated by were-creatures. It has something to do with their attunement to the spirit world. Not something that a Mage could learn. So to anyone else, it would just be a sword, it might give off an aura of power or some such but only a were-creature (and there might be some exceptions as to some that can't use them - I'd have to read up on the different races) could fully access it's power.

I seem recall that there was something that BSDs lost when they left Gia; but I can't remember what it was.

If it's the immortal, I guess he could channel his power through it, but still it wouldn't be any more powerful than a regular sword. It might even be worse (possibly conflicting energies).

On the side of looking normal, you know Japan much better than I do. I you say there is nothing out of the ordinary, then it must be so.

“ Originally Posted by Akuma # Which is tom going to focus on? The sword (spirit) or the wielder (mind)? That will make your determination and give you a roll to make. ”
I'm going to wait on this question for the moment, as I'm strategizing.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Unread 13th of September, 2013, 01:48
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
Your first question about the barrier is a good one. Let me put it this way, if you were building a sanctum, would you allow others to be able to do magic within your borders without your permission? And if someone DID perform magic within your borders, what would you do to come down on them like a ton of bricks? You are inside a weaver-wyrm stronghold. In most books I've perused on mages invading enemy strongholds, they were able to do their magic to a limited extent, but once they revealed themselves then a whole lot of crap came down on them. Of course I'm not sure how you feel about the Dresden series... but you will likely be able to get at least one or two spells...

I think you've pretty much answered your own question with your story. If immortals are born archeologists/treasure hunters, etc. then "He" might have found it in said junk pile and decided to rescue it for his own efforts. As to what he can or cannot do with it... will remain to be seen later if it comes to that. As to it being a regular sword. Look at what Flynn has been doing with his old blades. They aren't even steel!

Looking forward to the plan.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Unread 15th of September, 2013, 10:01
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.26 per day)
“ Your first question about the barrier is a good one. Let me put it this way, if you were building a sanctum, would you allow others to be able to do magic within your borders without your permission? ”
Were talking about magic here, the bending of reality to the mage's will. Not much that can be done about that, unless the target can resist the effects.

“ And if someone DID perform magic within your borders, what would you do to come down on them like a ton of bricks? You are inside a weaver-wyrm stronghold. In most books I've perused on mages invading enemy strongholds, they were able to do their magic to a limited extent, but once they revealed themselves then a whole lot of crap came down on them. Of course I'm not sure how you feel about the Dresden series... but you will likely be able to get at least one or two spells... ”
I don't know a lot about the Dresden files, what I did see looked to me like Hedge Magic (Witches or Warlocks). There is a big difference to that of the Dynamic magic that Mages use. For one, Dynamic magic is much more powerful. Another is the source of the power used to perform the magic; Mages use quintessence, whereas the hedge mage might call upon the help of a daemon or other such powerful spiritual creature. Here is a page that has more information. WoD Hedge Magic
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Unread 17th of September, 2013, 01:12
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
Dresden files aside, I have also read a White Wolf Press novel concerning the Wyrm and the Black Spiral. While we aren't going that far now, what I'm thinking about concerns resisted magic as you mentioned.

My guess is that you will plan to use your magic to perform some magic with the quintessence you have at hand. As I noted, the first spell or two will be a surprise, and likely have a good chance of going off unless it takes time or gets noticed in some way. But once you get your first spell off (regardless of whether it works or not) the complex will be alerted to your presence. The impression I got from The WoD book about the Wyrm's den is that there is a kind of spirit presence (much like what could be found in a Garou den). Only that spider/demon is going to do whatever it can against intruders. Now being that this is a den of Weaver and Wyrm, you can imagine a kind of Spider presence. Setting off a spell or using a major gift will set off any multitude of tremors along the web.

So yes, you can use your dynamic magic at least once... we'll see what you do and what the results are before seeing what happens after that. Ok?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Unread 19th of September, 2013, 01:30
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.26 per day)
OK, then would you allow Tom to do something similar to the Blood Mage (the one who attacked the town) and create a barrier that restricts the spirit presence's movement and thought. (Mind 4, Cor 3, Spirit 2)
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Unread 22nd of September, 2013, 00:35
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
I looked through my old books (since that's all I have). with Mind 4, you could confuse it, like cross-wiring the tv monitors in the security rooms monitoring station. for a bit, the presence wouldn't be able to tell which camera was which location. Your spirit isn't strong enough to restrict its movement, but when you start your actions, the spirit will be confused for as long as you have successes.

If you decide to use this, you should blow a willpower for at least one auto success, and blow a lot of quint to add more successes. Maybe puff up one of those herbal Quint spliffs the dragon lady gave you to get more than your internal limit... You'll want to fuel the spell with quint to get longer time. once the successes run out, the monitors return to normal, and you'll be lunch... if you are still around.

Does that answer your question?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Unread 15th of November, 2013, 00:37
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
I seems that this game has lost its players. Therefore, I shall wrap up the story based off of what I gleaned of the players' plans and wrap up everything. Any objections?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Unread 3rd of December, 2013, 01:31
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.45 per day)
Well, the way things seem to be going down is a bunch of things are going to happen not at the same time but close enough for government work, as I see it.

So for starters, it seems Tom will use his magic to further hide the group from detection, while making his way to the location of the person holding the magic sword that Adam has been seeking as a part of his own quest.

The sword is being held by a retainer that follows around the immortal... who happens to be the same immortal that Flynn felt when they first came through Tokyo on the bus. This immortal is not the leader, but one of the leaders of this power plant, apparently working as a liaison between the Japanese and Western servants of the Iteration.

When Flynn, Quincy, and the others come in their Atomic Energy commission convoy, he's suspicious, and when he feels Flynn, he knows something's up. But he will allow them in anyway so as to face him directly.

Essentially, they are escorted towards whichever place that Flynn or Quincy would want to go (i.e. control room or power plant's core) but before they arrive, the plan would be to jump them with BSD/Guards.

But Adam and Tom can through a monkey wrench into that trap, allowing Flynn and the others to escape the trap. I'm sure a big battle will erupt from that point, namely due to Flynn and the immortal challenging each other to single combat, and likely Quin just going nuts with attacking the enemy directly.

Fortunately, Tom's able to make enough distractions/alterations with correspondence to make things at least somewhat more fair for the main characters. Adam will likely be able to use the confusion to steal back the sword. Now we may never know if after getting the sword, he would use its powers to call an Earthquake or if he would just want to escape the battle in order to fulfill his original quest.

Another problem seems to be a lack of overall planning on what to do with the Wyrm nest/power plant. The heroes are strong, but not strong enough to take out an entire wyrm nest simply by fighting directly.

Some options that have been available to the group have been for Tom/Adam to create a portal wherein the Mura-cho Spirits could come through, directly into the Wyrm nest and the tide of battle could change a lot.

Also, taking out the leaders, the immortal, the enemy magus, and the BSD leaders would drop the rest of the BSD's and fomor's into confusion, making it easier to deal with them one way or another.

And as has been hinted at, The Whale could be contacted if/when things start going south to unleash a spirit-driven tsunami to eliminate the power-plant's core from the spirit side, even as an earthquake might rattle the outside. With the spirit rrealm side of the Wyrm nest dealth with, the odds will be much better for mopping up the survivors. The plant would have physical problems later, but first inspection by humans wouldn't know it had been destroyed from within the spirit realm.

Once the plant and Wyrm Nest were dealt with, the survivors can go their separate ways with much gratitude from the village. Adam, returning the sword to the fox spirit helps it regain its sanity.

If asked about how to deal with the problem in Arizona, the fox would suggest doing much the same thing as with the power plant; namely to summon a great tsunami through the umbra... This can be achieved through the fox teaching a gift of great sacrifice (the use sacrifices themselves for a kind of wish...

Or it might be possible for Adam and Tom to work together with the Whale to create a super-doorway with Adam's magic key to have the great tsunami pass through one door and out into Arizona to attack the enemy stronghold.

Those are a few ideas of how I see things going. Of course the players might have had different plans, but without input, this is the final summary of the game before ending everything.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Unread 3rd of December, 2013, 07:19
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.46 per day)
“ Originally Posted by Akuma # I seems that this game has lost its players. Therefore, I shall wrap up the story based off of what I gleaned of the players' plans and wrap up everything. Any objections? ”
No objection at all, sorry Akuma..but the limitations on combat in this type of forum is just too great for my tastes

Your insights into Quincy's actions are pretty accurate, once engaged or spotting the Vamp he is after..pretty much he is going ballistic. Figure a Bear frenzy right there in the middle of the Power plant...

one thing you didn't mention or I think take into account...when one of the Immortals (most likely Flynn) takes the others head...the Quickening is NOT going ot do anything nice or pleasant to the surrounding electrical or control systems inside the power plant..

Glad I don't live nearby
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren