Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Mercutio's Games > The Red Hand of Doom

Unread 30th of June, 2012, 12:44
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #1510
Merc: I'm not so much upset about the job as let down. But not to a large degree as I like my current job. I'd just also like to have health insurance, a 401k and vacation time (whats that?).

Link: Yeah, you and your dad are allowed to complain. But I don't wanna hear it from these other pussies. Man up, bitches. Seriously.

Also, I'm apparently epic level at ORP now. I must select an undead. Hm.
Unread 30th of June, 2012, 12:47
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

Member: #1662
Grats on finally hitting your 2,000th post man.

Yeah, did you know the U.S. is the only first world country on the planet to not have government mandated paid vacation time for all workers? China gets 10, Sri Lanka gets 28. Yeah, Sri Lanka. Go figure. U.S.? 0.
Unread 30th of June, 2012, 12:51
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #1510
Evil dictators want to give their workers time to worship them. Thats what I'd do if (/when) I was an evil dictator.

Yeah, I'm subcontracted right now. Once (/if) I get hired on I'll get some nifty benefits. I was brought on just over 2 years ago for a "3 to 4 month contract after which I would be hired".
Unread 5th of July, 2012, 00:08
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Member: #1485
I've been reading a lot about Mobile Frame Zero and watching a few Giant Transforming Robot shows (as well as "The Legend of Korra" which has some rudimentary mechas in it). I don't have a lot of Legos, but I do have Creationary and I decided to see if I could build some with the limited set that comes with that game. The below was my first attempt. It's interesting trying to get articulation without a lot of hinges and specialty bricks (droid bodies, etc).

After that, I had another go at it, and came up with the second one below. I think it's a little better, and it uses less bricks.

After that, I was reading about LDraw and the capabilities of open source Lego CAD programs. I used to use CAD in high school, so I figured it couldn't be hard to use. It's not. In fact, it's so much easier to use than CAD, that just about anyone who has computer literacy can use it.

To be clear, I built the first on Sunday, the second yesterday, and downloaded and used LDraw to reproduce the second model last night. That's how easy it is. But I think it's frickin cool, and I felt like sharing.

The first image is a POV-Ray render of the model made in LDraw. The second is the model rendered in the LPub program which can replicate step-by-step directions that come with Lego sets.

Unread 8th of July, 2012, 12:53
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

Member: #1704
I won't lie, this kind of makes me want to play Battle Tech. I might have to dust off my copy of Chromehounds now.
Unread 8th of July, 2012, 19:37
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

Member: #1799
That's pretty crazy.
Unread 8th of July, 2012, 21:50
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

I bought a $9 model from the Lego Atlantis line and after building the model, I turned it into a mobile frame as well. I'll post pics of it and another one I built from just Creationary later today. The Atlantis-based frame is way better articulated, but still nowhere near as good as some of these guys creations.
Unread 9th of July, 2012, 04:20
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Here are the two new frames. The first is just Creationary pieces. It is a heavy armor frame with a lot of armament but very little speed. I call it "The Bear."

The second is built from pieces out of the Atlantis Seabed Strider box (which could be a frame all by itself, really), with a couple pieces from Creationary. I call this one "MOSKITO (MObile SKirmisher, Integrated Tactics Officer)."

And a little battle vignette:
Unread 3rd of August, 2012, 12:26
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

Member: #1471
I can testify - Mobile Frame Zero is the shit.

I'm like Jesus, but with more car chases. -BigRedRod

Every outfit has a guy like me. We're usually called "Shut the hell up!" -Doombot
Unread 3rd of August, 2012, 12:31
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Yeah, even playing it via Maptool was fun. As soon as Action Castle wraps up, I might try my hand at MoF0 as a PBP, but I'll have to do some rules tweaking since action order by participants is so important to gameplay.
Unread 5th of January, 2013, 12:23
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

Member: #1103
Guys I'm starting an Apocalypse World game and it could use another player or two, probably. AW is pretty neat.