Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > The Cult

Unread 21st of November, 2008, 17:15
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #836
I'll try to get one in this weekend. I was kinda stumped on it earlier, and then let it slide with other stuff going on.
Unread 2nd of December, 2008, 06:04
Darqueone
Spectre

Member: #2897
I know my post wasn't stellar, but I'm getting back into it. Elections, vacation, and visiting in-laws for the month really took me out of myself, and I've never wanted so desperately to get back in.
Unread 4th of December, 2008, 07:23
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

Member: #830
I feel your pain. The MIL is still here...*grinds teeth*

I actuallyhaven't checked this game since Thanksgiving, sorry.
Unread 6th of December, 2008, 07:35
Wired*Nun

I'll wait for Lyn for another post.
Unread 9th of December, 2008, 08:44
Wired*Nun

It appears that BLC has never posted after about early October. She had been in a severe car accident and had been posting from the hospital and seemed in good spirits, then silence. No one seems to know. It may be that something really really bad happened, or maybe she just decided life was something other than what she thought it was and made a big change.

In any case, I'm going to take her prelude out of private, because I hate doing work that isn't there for people to read and appreciate, and I suppose as a tribute if that really is among her last posts. I think she was really sharp and would have made a great addition to the story.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 10th of December, 2008 at 06:12.
Unread 11th of December, 2008, 00:50
ikay
Bodak

Member: #2720
Hi all, how are you doing?

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # I've been discussing what to do next with Treykincaide. I may revive an Amber game, the next chapter of MEHSV (look under my games of you don't know about it) perhaps, if I get enough interest. Please drop into The Cult and talk to me in the OOC there if you are interested in either another Amber game (where you could bring your characters from here, more or less) or a VTM/WOD (old-school) game.

Yes! Another Amber game. I would so be in for that. I've never really played VTM, so I can't really say anything about it, but I would love another Amber game. Especially if it keeps on rolling This character and settings, or new ones, Im open for ideas!

Pretty please?

Marieke

Last edited by ikay; 11th of December, 2008 at 00:53.
Unread 11th of December, 2008, 01:20
Wired*Nun

Setting would be my own - I'm neither up to nor would I want to continue Polemarch's storylines even if I had access to everything, since he made so much private. I prefer to open up all non-current threads even in an Amber game. I'm less worried about metagaming than some, I guess.

I know Trey is up for it. It will probably be after the holidays before I even consider it. If I decide to go ahead with it, I'll post a notice on the acquisition board.

Also, since I raised the issue, Darq you interested in a VTM/WOD game at all?
Unread 11th of December, 2008, 02:17
Darqueone
Spectre

I would! But....

I'm going to be increasingly tired through Jan-March, and by the end of March my posting/attendance will be very spotty through till June or so. Sleep Dep, recovering from surgery, etc. You know how it is.

So yes. But no. *hug* Thanks for thinking of me, though.
Unread 11th of December, 2008, 04:10
Wired*Nun

We can see what happens by next summer then. Surgery? Hope it's not anything serious beyond being foetally challenged?
Unread 11th of December, 2008, 05:12
Darqueone
Spectre

No worries. EM if you'd like more details, but you've pretty much got the picture.
Unread 16th of December, 2008, 08:59
Wired*Nun

We're on a cruise til the 20th. I thought we'd have better internet here but it's spotty and expensive. So I probably won't be posting until the 21st.
Unread 25th of December, 2008, 22:30
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Searching for lyrics, poetry, something to help with a post reply. Would rather have something to frame a post around than say "Hillary sings" agian. Trying to keep some balance. And poetry is a form of writing I'm hopeless at.

Suggestions welcome, here or email or PM or something. I'll keep looking for now.
Unread 26th of December, 2008, 01:59
Wired*Nun

Just brainstorming here -

"The Wall" - Kansas
"Another Brick in the Wall" - Pink Floyd
"Tear Down the Wall" - Demons and Wizards
"Tearing Down the Wall" - Skrewdriver
"Tear Down The Wal" - Matt Sinner
Tonight We're Gonna Tear Down the Walls" - Randy Travis
"Tear Down the Wall" - Crystal Ball
"Tear Down the Walls" - Axel Rudi Pell
"Break Down The Door" - Barry Manilow

Do a little Googling for "Lyrics" and keywords like break down door or tear down wall...
Unread 30th of December, 2008, 08:29
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I found one I liked and that seemed to fit in more ways than one. Muahahaha.
Unread 31st of December, 2008, 04:48
Wired*Nun

Bravo.; I'm in the midst of a class so will post later.
Unread 1st of January, 2009, 05:11
Wired*Nun

Just got a PM from BLC. See here for info http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...ead.php?t=9819.

I also had a page-long, two-hours-in-composition post under construction when the power went out. I almost cried.

So, the world is denied a work of art. I am going to post a much-abbreviated and brutally dissatisfying summary in the Hillary/Anna thread, and we are going to conclude this game pretty soon, even if it takes a bit of shortcutting.

On the plus side, the Amber game is starting up, and I think I will start a rules/roll-light WOD game as well pretty soon. None of the new games are going to be as deep as this one or MEHSV - I'm realizing that they burn me out and I'd rather stay at the middle or shallower depths rather than constantly plumbing the deep.
Unread 1st of January, 2009, 08:30
Darqueone
Spectre

*HUG* I think we all know how that feels. Take heart; next year will be better!!
Unread 9th of January, 2009, 07:40
Wired*Nun

Sorry things have been moving so slow. Combination of the above plus holiday recovery, the office is moving locations to a new building, first quarter financials, etc etc.
Unread 9th of January, 2009, 08:38
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Know the feeling. Ohgawdstextbooks!! here. And 2 people out today. Hence my not getting to lunch until 3:30 on a 11-7 shift.
Unread 17th of January, 2009, 04:46
Wired*Nun

Well, I am going to admit to myself that my enthusiasm has died for this game. Vagaries of the creative process, I guess. Maybe I said all I had to say in this one.

So, I'm going to call it right here. Suffice to say that the world will be saved once more by the heroic defenders of mortal humanity, though not without cost.

My vision of the methodology was something like the LOTR setup - the large group holding the attention of the Fallen trying to bring on the End of Days, and the small group sneaking in the back door to throw a monkey wrench into the works. My vision was actually that of Paul healing Chemosh of his sick desire to consume all life and open the Gates of Hell, and using its own growing power to do so, though I was still trying to line up the details in my own mind. Something along the lines of Sybok (SP?) in Star Trek 5 - "Give me your pain!" to the godling, sacrificing himself inthe process. Maybe becoming some kind of new blend. Hey, nothing is new under the sun.

By letting go of this, I should be able to free myself (metaphorically and emotionally speaking) to move on with TWASK and the VTM/WOD game I intend to do, tentatively titled "It Brings On Many Changes" - a sop to "Suicide Is Painless", of course.

I tend to reuse characters, too, among related genres. For example, Antonius Mesmer showed up in MEHSV, in Heldrik's thread; he originally played a large role in my tabletop and LARP VTM games as an elder Kindred, as did Pearl and some others. Don't be surprised if I recycle NPCs that I like, in other forms.

If you are interested in the VTM game, let me know. I'll try to post a note here when the character acquisition thread goes up.
Unread 27th of January, 2009, 08:31
Wired*Nun

I am posting a character acquisition for the new VTM game. I will strongly consider importing your characters from this game in some form into the WOD game, since they are going to overlap quite strongly. That is, consider my WOD version to be like a shadow of the Earth of The Cult. This will allow anyone to continue playing their character in a new setting, or a new version of the character.

For example, Paul could be brought wholesale over and play pretty much the same as a Neph or Highlander-style Immortal. Or the opening scene of his prelude could play out with Vicki being a Brujah that embraces him, rather than a Narc that tries to kil him.
Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 12:38
Wired*Nun

To the admins: archive the game if you have room on the server, if not, please notify me.