Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Kahluah's Games > The Old Freeport

Unread 28th of June, 2005, 04:06
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #15
Well then maybe Red and Gideon should just go take a look at the place. If one of them feels inspired they can maybe go inside. Does anybody know what exactly Councillor Verlaine does? Besides counsel, I mean. Would Red, as a businessman of the city, have a good reason to go speak to him?

I'm not completely clear on when Kelemyn should expect to go back and see what the elves found out about the brick she left with them. But I suppose that's one errand that she can take care of while the others do other things.
Unread 28th of June, 2005, 05:25
Rilannan
Ghoul

Member: #275
I'd hope Gideon would have an idea. He used to serve as a guide for city nobles/government officials on their hunting trips. I'm sure he's overheard plenty of gossip. Plus, he lives here, too.
Unread 28th of June, 2005, 05:27
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

Member: #17
Yep, Red has lived in Freeport for some time too. Afterall he was the one who realised what the address was.

Any chance of some oh-so-useful information that might help me form a plan, Kahluah?
Unread 29th of June, 2005, 00:59
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Member: #5
Councillor Verlaine is not just a member of the Captains' Council (the ruling body of Freeport), but the -head- of it, is a very stern man, curt with pretty much everyone he comes into contact with. A very shrewd businessman, he has his fingers in nearly every industry in the city, upto and including the masons working on the construction of the lighthouse, and is very ambitious, with rumors that if it weren't for the fact that he hasn't a single drop of Drac blood in him, he'd have offed Milton Drac years ago and become the lord of Freeport himself.

He's also quite paranoid about both his own safety and the safety of his wealth, and is practically the only member of the Council with his own personal guard (the men with the white armbands you saw out the front of the abandoned temple). Nearly anyone who's been in Freeport for any measurable amount of time knows Verlaine's name and reputation, if not his face
Unread 29th of June, 2005, 02:58
BigRedRod

Hmmm, that seems to indicate that hassling him about the bricks is a very bad idea and we'd be unlikely to break in and snoop around.

Maybe chatting to some of his staff would be a more productive use of time.
Unread 30th of June, 2005, 00:07
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

So where does that leave us? Does either Red or Gideon want to suggest that the two of them go alone to check things out? Or do you guys want to just wait a day and see if we hear from Millie? Kahluah, how do you feel about temporarily splitting up the party?
Unread 30th of June, 2005, 00:13
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

Member: #12
Gideon could always pass himself off as someone who wants to join Verlaine's guard. I imagine he'd be more convincing than Red.
Unread 30th of June, 2005, 00:17
BigRedRod

I like that plan Cad. Gideon can go try and join the guard to snoop about. Red can hassle other members of staff. Kel can go have a see about these bricks again. And that leaves Cadrius to investigate Millie / other.
Unread 13th of August, 2005, 02:52
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Member: #5
Ok guys, the time has come. This has been on my mind for a fair few months now, but I'm going to be putting Freeport on the back-burner for a while. Every time I come to post in Freeport these days it is feeling more and more chore-like and thus end up putting it off for days and weeks at a time, and you guys deserve a whole heap better than that.

Games are no fun when even the DM doesn't feel like keeping it going, and I've noticed that I don't have the love for the game like I used to. Part of that is because I've made some dumb moves in the learning curve of running the game, but whatever the reason is, I've lost it, and nothing I've done has managed to restore it.

I really am sorry to have to do this to the game, and more importantly to you four, but at the moment, I think it might be best to just let it sit for a while, at least on my side of the screen. Thanks to you all for bearing with me through the game, Cadrius especially, who has been in it since the onset.
Unread 13th of August, 2005, 03:21
Rilannan
Ghoul

Member: #275
Unread 13th of August, 2005, 04:18
BigRedRod

I knew this was coming, still sucks though. Although I've been kinda neglecting my games lately. After Tuesday everything should be back to normal in the real world and I should be able to actually make some IC posts.

Do I need to use my magical powers to do anything here? Or do I just need to remember to avoid killing it in the next purge?
Unread 13th of August, 2005, 04:37
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

Member: #12
Things like this happen. They suck, but they happen. Should you find inspiration, let me know. I doubt I'd be adverse to picking up the pieces.
Unread 13th of August, 2005, 06:23
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

It really is too bad, but I don't blame you a bit. As hard as it is sometimes to find inspiration as a player, it must be ten times harder to do it as the DM!