Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > ShatteredUniverse's Games > Heroic Legacies

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 02:26
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
John looks up at the other guy with an expression like, 'What the frack?'

"Not expected. Nothing, no sound....just this."

He holds up a bullet, the one his body has been working on the last several minutes to push out the entry wound. The bullet is covered in blood.......
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 02:43
Darkwingstalker
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8088
Posts: 51 (0.02 per day)
Rawne looked at the bullet for a few seconds, Military training analysing. "Yeah, You and me are going to have a chat when this is over, we've got something in common. bullet of that calibre, vest or no vest, you shouldn't be in one piece. You get shot with many fifty cal sniper rifles?"

Rawne recognised it as a 12.7x99mm NATO round, probably fired from a .50 cal sniper rifle. He took a look around, and couldn't see much cover. "I think we better try and get you in this van if you think we can move you, anyone got the keys?"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 04:41
Francis's Avatar
Francis
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8074
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Francis shouts to George: "we've got to find Roy, maybe he's been kidnapped! I don't hear him on the radio anymore."
Francis turns the knobs and repeats this message to Travis and Phyllis,
then she jumps out of the door and runs toward the military types (John and Rawne).

"Emergency. My colleague has gone missing. Age 25 young male with camera, called Roy. Help! Please!"
__________________
There's an epidemic spreading through the world:
people who think they know something, and that it's always the others who don't know anything.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 05:00
Darkwingstalker
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8088
Posts: 51 (0.02 per day)
Rawne has his gun in his hand and pointed at francis before she's even out of the van, he quickly lowers it when it's clear she's no threat.

"Okay, guy with a camera.. gone missing.. Your a live reporter right? If he's got the camera, why don't you just turn on a TV lady?"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 05:09
Francis's Avatar
Francis
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8074
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Francis is a bit taken aback: "good idea, sir"

and she runs back to the van,
probably the camera isn't running anymore,
but she winds the recording back to the point where Roy stopped talking. And then looks what happens.
__________________
There's an epidemic spreading through the world:
people who think they know something, and that it's always the others who don't know anything.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 05:26
ShatteredUniverse's Avatar
ShatteredUniverse
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8028
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 99 (0.03 per day)
"It is a refusal of God's gifts tantamount to suicide. That crime will not go unpunished. Every Empowered alive, faces that choice. And you have all squandered things." The voice pauses. "I am here to make those who transgress their abilities repent... blood atonement, if you will."

"Come and find me flooders... come out, come out. Or I'll add two more corpses to the pile before hunting for more...." The video then loops, beginning with the start of the assassin's tirade.

Francis notices that she's been broadcasting the loop. Live.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 05:32
Francis's Avatar
Francis
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8074
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Francis stops the broadcast.
And tries to get the office on the phone to explain all this.
Meanwhile, she motions to Rawne and John, waving them over, shouting, "you've got to see this".
__________________
There's an epidemic spreading through the world:
people who think they know something, and that it's always the others who don't know anything.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 05:38
Darkwingstalker
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8088
Posts: 51 (0.02 per day)
Rawne is watching the loop from the open doors of the van. "Fuck" he says "He's still nearby, Jesus." Rawne pulls his pistol from his holster and looks around him to get a feel for any suitable buildings nearby.

"That shot could of come from anywhere within a Klick of here, but if he took your man's camera, then he can't be far, when did you last see him?"
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 05:40
ShatteredUniverse's Avatar
ShatteredUniverse
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8028
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 99 (0.03 per day)
Rawne is rudely interrupted by a flare being shot into the sky.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 05:44
Darkwingstalker
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8088
Posts: 51 (0.02 per day)
"That's our guy, i'm sure of it!" Rawne yells, taking off from the van, gun in hand. He motions at a few of the police officers "With me!" he yells,voice losing all of the play from earlier, now being all business. He holds the pistol in a tight grip, and sprints off across towards the flare in the sky.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 05:58
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Originally Posted by Darkwingstalker # Rawne looked at the bullet for a few seconds, Military training analysing. "Yeah, You and me are going to have a chat when this is over, we've got something in common. bullet of that calibre, vest or no vest, you shouldn't be in one piece. You get shot with many fifty cal sniper rifles?"
John grimaces remembering the last time he got hit by something like this. "Oh yeah, friendly fire too...." Fallujah sucked!

John does get up and does make it to the van...but he isn't going to be running towards any flare just yet. Just a few more minutes and those two chipped ribs will be in much better shape.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 08:10
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
With a groan, Ricky begins to stir. The blow to the head leaves him quite groggy, so it's a good few minutes before he even realizes his hands are in any way bound. As soon as he does realize, though, he's free of the chain, his body seeming to slide out of them.
"Ugh, chained in some dark room for impersonating a cop. Why does everything happen to me?"
It is then that he notices Roy, still chained up.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 11:21
ShatteredUniverse's Avatar
ShatteredUniverse
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8028
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 99 (0.03 per day)
What the? The assassin frowns, snapping back the slide on a dart gun and letting it snap back forward again. He steps silently and unseen into the room Roy and Ricky are in.

He takes careful aim, then fires a tranquilizer dart into Ricky's back.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 23rd of April, 2010, 11:29
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
Ricky's last thoughts before he loses consciousness once again are, Oh fucking hell, why me?!
He promptly slumps over again.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 24th of April, 2010, 00:29
ShatteredUniverse's Avatar
ShatteredUniverse
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8028
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 99 (0.03 per day)
The van peels out of the parking lot, following Rawne towards the flare.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 24th of April, 2010, 06:53
Francis's Avatar
Francis
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8074
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Francis was still on the phone, when the van started moving of its own again.
"Hey, I can drive" she shouts to no one in particular, but intended for the telekineticist.

She quickly gets into the driver's seat, starts the engine, and starts driving towards the flare. Meanwhile she's using her sight ability to scan the area around the flare.
She's interested whether this will interfere with the telekinesis.
__________________
There's an epidemic spreading through the world:
people who think they know something, and that it's always the others who don't know anything.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 24th of April, 2010, 09:24
ShatteredUniverse's Avatar
ShatteredUniverse
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8028
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 99 (0.03 per day)
The van pulls to a stop next to Rawne. A door opens to allow the SAS member to enter.

Francis doesn't seem to have any control over the van.

There's nothing out of the ordinary with the flare. The officers who followed Rawne are looking at the van, looking for orders.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 24th of April, 2010, 09:28
Darkwingstalker
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8088
Posts: 51 (0.02 per day)
Rawne leaps into the van without a moments notice "Get a Squad car, Head towards the flare!" he yells back to the police, looking upwards as they approach where the flare went off.

"ever wonder if this is a trap?" he mutters to no one in particular.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 25th of April, 2010, 02:15
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Of course its a trap, but you will have one advantage.....they should think I am dead."

Well I hope it is an advantage!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 25th of April, 2010, 03:00
Francis's Avatar
Francis
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8074
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
"Hi, welcome aboard you two. I am Francis. I work here. I think our van is moved by telekinesis. It's a power which I understand well. I don't have any control over this van. But I can try to stop it now, if you think this is a trap.
I don't like to be moved by others like this. Do you?"
__________________
There's an epidemic spreading through the world:
people who think they know something, and that it's always the others who don't know anything.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 25th of April, 2010, 03:30
Darkwingstalker
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8088
Posts: 51 (0.02 per day)
Rawne smiles ruefully "Francis, I'm in the military, I spend my entire life being moved about by others." He extends a hand "Nick Rawne, Special Air Service."

Rawne turns to look at John "and I assume you're the colonel, If I didn't see you looking all chipper right in front of me, I'd think you were dead too. Trooper in my patrol took a bullet like that one a few years back, tore his arm off. As for this van being moved by telekinesis, The engine started, I'd gather it was a different power entirely.."

Rawne sighs, and flexes his shoulders a few times "Still, flares our only clue. Keep on rolling."

Last edited by Darkwingstalker; 25th of April, 2010 at 03:34.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 25th of April, 2010, 16:07
ShatteredUniverse's Avatar
ShatteredUniverse
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8028
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 99 (0.03 per day)
The van is happy to comply, rolling to a stop directly under the flare. All the doors open, and anyone wearing a seatbelt finds that they've unbuckled.

There's a barely-there trail of smoke Francis can detect wafting up from a large warehouse or hanger type building just across the street. (OOC: SUPER-VISION FOR THE WIN!)

It looks quite banal. Broken windows, signs of not being used in forever, urban decay. It looks like miscreants missing class and not having to walk uphill both ways were furthering the damage until the homeless scared them off, those homeless people leaving when they decided the building was too close to collapse even for them.

A few of the police officers who tagged along jump out the back of the van. They're definitely not SWAT.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 25th of April, 2010, 16:31
Darkwingstalker
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8088
Posts: 51 (0.02 per day)
Rawne slides out of his seat with his gun in hand, and takes cover behind the car door. He turns to the police "Call it in, tell them where we are, just in case we need backup later."

"Man, just once i'd like the mystery to lead to a nice well lit house."
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 26th of April, 2010, 01:54
Francis's Avatar
Francis
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8074
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Francis: I can see a barely visible trail of smoke going up from that abandoned warehouse over there. I know it looks forsaken, but we should check it out. That's where the flare came from, I think. I hope Roy is there.

Speaking to George over the radio: "George, I think we have found a trace which may lead us to Roy. We are going into an abandoned warehouse. The police is here with me. Over."
__________________
There's an epidemic spreading through the world:
people who think they know something, and that it's always the others who don't know anything.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 26th of April, 2010, 04:34
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
John pulls a ski mask over his face and drops the flap to cover the front of his vest which says 'Police' in yellow letters. Hope this is enough of a disguise cause its all I have. His left hand pulls the pistol from his right holster and he flicks off the safety, it is loaded with rubber bullets. His right holstered pistol is loaded with tephlon coated 'cop killers' and hopefully will not see any action.

"Rawne, I have your back. The rest of you come in behind us. Most people I shoot will not be dead, just unconscious or unwilling to move. Dealing with them will help immensely."

After everybody else says they are OK with the plan and will move out, John ramps up his personal Slow Motion Power as high as he can comfortably sustain and still be completely effective.

Last edited by Thanos; 26th of April, 2010 at 07:19.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren