Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > BigRedRod's Games > City of the Dead > Dagern Travels

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 3rd of December, 2005, 10:08
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (1.99 per day)
Chapter 2 - Experiment Number Six

Others have often said of the Ehb ruins to expect the unexpected. Has any piece of advice ever been so completely useless and yet so very poignant?
-Lord Roenburg of Lud's memoires

The route downwards taken by the group containing Ivy yesterday suffers from far heavier cobwebbing. Some of which must have been remade overnight. Once or twice, webs are pushed aside and a flurry of tiny spiders sprinkle down upon the party. The party which no longer contains Leto, the more experienced explorer being assigned to the team performing the detailed study.

The voice of the Guildsman is familiar, clearly it is the same one who was assigned to the party yesterday. As he directs the party further downwards according to his map he enlightens them on their objectives,


"There should be seven floors in total, the fourth one up being at what was once ground level. Now, items of real interest to the Guild will of course be hidden and secure."
Three broken forms of Ghola slump against a wall not far from where the groups set off in their different directions the sight of which causes the Guildsman to pause briefly,

"And from what we gather of the layout the most secure part of the structure would most likely be somewhere hidden on the lowest level of the basement. So that is where we are trying to get to. Once we've found a safe path we can set about searching for any signs of a vault."

The smell of damp and the remains of two or three very large and very dead spiders greet the party arriving at a staircase leading downwards on the second level of the ruin. Greenish gore covers most of the walls and it looks like something may have decided to chew on the pieces of spider. Cautiously moving down the stairs, the group emerge diagonally opposite to the furthest position they reached yesterday.

Touching the Jezrit strips which run along almost every wall spills neutral light upon a very wide corridor. The floor of which seems to have lost support in places and has produced a very narrow walkway wrapped in webs leading off toward a staircase leading downwards while in the other direction there is a large stone bench facing a window which covered an entire corner of the structure. Now most of the glass has broken and the stone frames have cracked in places as if no longer able to support the weight of the walls above. Fragments of the dusty glass cover the ground along with a little soil that has poured into the gap.

Sevillin's lamplight illuminates that a single room lies directly beneath the sections of missing floor. In stark contrast to the stone and metal found elsewhere the room below looks to have been decorated with a rich red carpet and the tattered remains of colourful wall hangings. A few slim metal posts reach upwards toward a ceiling that no longer exists, while more lie upon the carpet some still with tatters of cloth and cushion clutching at them and the walls. Once it would seem that the room was partitioned off into a number of intimate nooks through use of the heavy hangings.

Along with the stone blocks from the missing ceiling, soil and ubiquitous signs that some enterprising spiders have tried to make a home there, large floor cushions and padded broken furniture litter the room. Although much of the room remains in shadows and standing at the edge of a crumbling ledge attempting to look down is far from the optimum method of discerning exactly what it once was.

"Err... That way I suppose..."
The Guildsman gestures at the staircase on the other side of the perilously narrow walkway in a slightly apologetic manner.


Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 1k 10 rs 0 9zabk 1k -c 1k 10 14 10 *s -1 1k w rs 0 9zabk
@14 w 1k w *s -1 1k s rs 0 9zabk 14 s 1k s *s -1 1k o rs 0 9zabk
@14 o 1k o *s -1 1k k rs 0 9zabk 14 k 1k k *s -1 1k g rs 0 9zabk
@14 g 1k g *s -3 1c 19 rs 0 Up *s -1 1g s rs 0 9y6tc c k 1g s *s
@-1 1s 1o rs 0 0 1s c 1s 1o *s -1 24 g rs 0 73 24 0 24 g *s -1 28
@g rs 0 73 28 0 28 g *s -1 34 g rs 0 73 34 0 34 g *s -1 38 g rs 0
@73 38 0 38 g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o 0 3w g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o
@g 3w 0 *s -1 1c 20 rs 0 0 1c -1c 1c 20 *s e 2x 46 rs 0 *s e 31
@3y rs 0 *s e 35 3u rs 0 *s e 36 3q rs 0 *s e 38 3g rs 0 *s e 38
@3d rs 0 *s e 35 3b rs 0 *s e 2y 3d rs 0 *s e 2w 3f rs 0 *s e 2y
@3i rs 0 *s e 34 3d rs 0 *s e 39 35 rs 0 *s e 3b 34 rs 0 *s e 32
@3f rs 0 *s e 2v 3h rs 0 *s e 2v 3j rs 0 *s e 7l y rs 0 *s e 7u z
@rs 0 *s e 7j 15 rs 0 *s e 7s 17 rs 0 *s e 7n 1b rs 0 *s -3 3q 3x
@rs 0 Blockage *s -1 1s 1w rs 0 9y6tc 1s 1w 14 1o *s -3 7a 2c rs
@0 Soil Hump *s -1 40 w rs 0 9y6tc 40 w 3s g *s -1 3w 10 rs 0 0
@-c 10 -c k 3w k *s -1 40 c rs 0 0 -1c c 40 c *s -1 5k 6o rs 0
@9zabk 5o 5c 5o 6o *s -1 5g 6o rs 0 9zabk 5c 5c 5c 6o *s -1 5s 6q
@rs 0 9zabk 5g 6k 50 6k *s -1 5l 6k rs 0 9zabk 58 6k 5o 6k *s -1
@5k 6g rs 0 9zabk 58 6g 5o 6g *s -1 5k 6c rs 0 9zabk 58 6c 5o 6c *s
@-1 5l 68 rs 0 9zabk 58 68 5o 68 *s -1 5l 64 rs 0 9zabk 58 64 5o
@64 *s -1 6o 6o rs 0 0 60 6o 6o 6o 6o 60 *s -1 6c 6o rs 0 0 6c 6o
@-3o 6o -3o 34 *s -1 54 64 rs 0 0 54 4k 4w 4s 4o 50 4g 50 48 58
@48 5g 40 5o 3k 5o 3k 5w 3c 5w 2o 5w 2g 5o 28 5w 1s 64 14 5w w 64
@8 5w 0 5o -g 58 -o 58 -w 50 -14 50 -1c 4k *s -1 4w 6o rs 0 0 -1c
@6o -1c 68 -14 60 -14 5s -w 5s -o 5s -g 5k -8 5s 0 60 g 60 w 60
@14 68 1k 60 28 68 2g 5s 34 5k 3s 68 40 5s 4o 68 4w 6o *s -1 6k
@6k rs 0 1edc 5g 6c 6c 58 6k 5g 5o 6k 5g 6c *s -1 1k 6o rs 0
@9zabk 1k 6o 1k 5k 14 5k *s -1 1k 6k rs 0 9zabk 14 6k 1k 6k *s -1
@1k 6g rs 0 9zabk 14 6g 1k 6g *s -1 1k 6c rs 0 9zabk 14 6c 1k 6c *s
@-1 1k 68 rs 0 9zabk 14 68 1k 68 *s -1 68 50 rs 0 0 -2o 4s -2o 50
@68 50 68 3w *s -1 6o 6c rs 0 0 6o c 6o 6c *s -1 1w 5c rs 0 0 1w
@5c 1g 4o 1o 4g *s -1 1s 4w rs 0 0 1s 4w 1s 4o *s -1 5c 5c rs 0 0
@4w 5c 5c 4o *s -3 1a c4 rs 0 Down *s -1 1c 6c rs 0 9y6tc w 5w 1c
@6c *s -1 24 6s rs 0 73 24 6c 24 6s *s -1 28 6s rs 0 73 28 6c 28
@6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6c 3k 6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6s 3k
@6c *s -1 4g 6s rs 0 73 4g 6c 4g 6s *s -1 4k 6s rs 0 73 4k 6c 4k
@6s *s -1 5g 6s rs 0 73 5g 6c 5g 6s *s -1 5k 6s rs 0 73 5k 6c 5k
@6s *s -1 64 6s rs 0 73 64 6c 64 6s *s -1 68 6s rs 0 73 68 6c 68
@6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6c 6k 6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6s 6k
@6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6k 6s 6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6c 6s
@6k *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 60 6s 68 *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 68 6s
@60 *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5c 1g 5k *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5k 1g
@5c *s 3 bo cb rs 0 *s -3 c9 bw rs 0 I *s -3 bi bv rs 0 D *s -3
@a9 b6 rs 0 S *s -3 a7 cg rs 0 H *s -3 ax b7 rs 0 B
*END cwwkwt
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll
  #2  
Unread 3rd of December, 2005, 11:08
Dev's Avatar
Dev
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Member: #1319
Location: Beaugeous Pacific Northwest
Posts: 104 (0.02 per day)
A completely disgusted expression has been on Daison's face the entire time. Ever since their first encounter with the ghola, his intention to treat this adventure as a pleasant diversion has quickly dissipated. He frowns at the ruined area in the level below.

"Heaviest first, don't you think?" the mage suggests, suspiciously eyeing the old supports holding up the narrow passage to the far stairwell.
__________________
Assume nothing.
  #3  
Unread 4th of December, 2005, 20:49
Tamarind's Avatar
Tamarind
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #900
Posts: 859 (0.17 per day)
Sevilin moves back from peering down into the room below and eyes the walkway,

"I'll go first if you like. Bollan, if I tie a rope round my waist and you take the other end then if I slip you can pull me up - when I get across we can hold the rope taut as a guide for the rest then you can tie it round your waist and follow?"

As he speaks Sevilin uncoils his rope and begins tying a secure loop round his waist.
__________________
"Am I really darkness?
Or are my stars just too far away to see?
And if so
Whose world is at fault?"
  #4  
Unread 5th of December, 2005, 03:24
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.40 per day)
"Hold a moment, laddie." calls Hargin, shuffling forwards towards the bridge. "Let me have a look at it first."

All Dwarves have an affinity with stone-work, and Hargin's experiences in the mines of his home make him more familiar than most with the workings of rock and stone.

He kneels at the edge of the walk-way and dons his glasses, inspecting the sides first by sight and then by touch for signs of cracks or flaking stone. He taps with a small hammer and listens carefully to the sound produced.

After some moments of consideration, he lets his breath out between his teeth in an engineer's whistle.

"It'l hold." he pronounces grudgingly, "If ye take it slow. No more'n one across at a time an' treadin' lightly."

He turns to Sevilin and indicates the rope half-way around his waist. "If ye go across first, ye could set that up as a safety-line fer' them's as needs it to hold on to."
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
  #5  
Unread 8th of December, 2005, 14:37
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.68 per day)
Bollan nods to Sevilin and then waits for the grumpy dwarf to do dwarvin things and pronounce everything good. Taking the rope he braces himself to Sevilin to fall with one arm wrapped, while feeding it out with his other hand. He seems rather unconcerned with the whole thing, even though he is the likeliest to take a hard fall.
  #6  
Unread 10th of December, 2005, 03:20
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (1.99 per day)
With Hargin having given his professional dwarvern blessing to the plan, Sevillin takes the first step onto the narrow walkway. A few small stones decide to take this moment to detach themselves from their friends creating a variety of unsettling noises as they fall down to the room below.

Almost halfway along the perilous bridge, a slightly chunk of stone drops away just to the right of where Sevillin placed his foot moments before. The flagstone fragment crushes the remains of a particularly comfortable chair lying in the ceilingless room. Turning his head back to look at the rest of the party the ranger sees three concerned faces, a featureless mask and the nodding head of Hargin.

Content with Hargin not seeming concerned, Sevillin lifts his other foot and as he does so he hears a rather unpleasant noise.

Click-Click-Click

All too soon does it become apparant that the cobwebs covering nearly everything were not just relics of the vermin dispatched by the others. In fact the spider emerging from the shadows of the room beneath is of horrifying size, with a body larger than Bollan and eight all too long legs sprouting outwards, the monstrous beast moves around the still taut rope attached to Sevillin and stands menacingly before the freed gladiator its twitching mandibles dripping with a thick green liquid..

On cue, a trio of much smaller spiders also arrive on the scene, crawling up from the remaining fragments of ceiling on the decaying room below.

Initative
Daison
Sevillin
Large Spider
Spider 1
Bollan
Hargin
Inyx
Spider 2
Spider 3
Guildsman

Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 1k 10 rs 0 9zabk 1k -c 1k 10 14 10 *s -1 1k w rs 0 9zabk
@14 w 1k w *s -1 1k s rs 0 9zabk 14 s 1k s *s -1 1k o rs 0 9zabk
@14 o 1k o *s -1 1k k rs 0 9zabk 14 k 1k k *s -1 1k g rs 0 9zabk
@14 g 1k g *s -3 1c 19 rs 0 Up *s -1 1g s rs 0 9y6tc c k 1g s *s
@-1 1s 1o rs 0 0 1s c 1s 1o *s -1 24 g rs 0 73 24 0 24 g *s -1 28
@g rs 0 73 28 0 28 g *s -1 34 g rs 0 73 34 0 34 g *s -1 38 g rs 0
@73 38 0 38 g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o 0 3w g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o
@g 3w 0 *s -1 1c 20 rs 0 0 1c -1c 1c 20 *s e 2x 46 rs 0 *s e 31
@3y rs 0 *s e 35 3u rs 0 *s e 36 3q rs 0 *s e 38 3g rs 0 *s e 38
@3d rs 0 *s e 35 3b rs 0 *s e 2y 3d rs 0 *s e 2w 3f rs 0 *s e 2y
@3i rs 0 *s e 34 3d rs 0 *s e 39 35 rs 0 *s e 3b 34 rs 0 *s e 32
@3f rs 0 *s e 2v 3h rs 0 *s e 2v 3j rs 0 *s e 7l y rs 0 *s e 7u z
@rs 0 *s e 7j 15 rs 0 *s e 7s 17 rs 0 *s e 7n 1b rs 0 *s -3 3q 3x
@rs 0 Blockage *s -1 1s 1w rs 0 9y6tc 1s 1w 14 1o *s -3 7a 2c rs
@0 Soil Hump *s -1 40 w rs 0 9y6tc 40 w 3s g *s -1 3w 10 rs 0 0
@-c 10 -c k 3w k *s -1 40 c rs 0 0 -1c c 40 c *s -1 5m 6o rs 0
@9zabk 5m 5c 5m 6o *s -1 5e 6o rs 0 9zabk 5e 5c 5e 6o *s -1 5m 6n
@rs 0 9zabk 5m 6n 56 6n *s -1 5m 6k rs 0 9zabk 57 6k 5n 6k *s -1
@5m 6g rs 0 9zabk 56 6g 5m 6g *s -1 5m 6c rs 0 9zabk 56 6c 5m 6c *s
@-1 5m 68 rs 0 9zabk 57 68 5n 68 *s -1 5m 64 rs 0 9zabk 57 64 5n
@64 *s -1 6o 6o rs 0 0 60 6o 6o 6o 6o 60 *s -1 6c 6o rs 0 0 6c 6o
@-3o 6o -3o 34 *s -1 54 64 rs 0 0 54 4k 4w 4s 4o 50 4g 50 48 58
@48 5g 40 5o 3k 5o 3k 5w 3c 5w 2o 5w 2g 5o 28 5w 1s 64 14 5w w 64
@8 5w 0 5o -g 58 -o 58 -w 50 -14 50 -1c 4k *s -1 4w 6o rs 0 0 -1c
@6o -1c 68 -14 60 -14 5s -w 5s -o 5s -g 5k -8 5s 0 60 g 60 w 60
@14 68 1k 60 28 68 2g 5s 34 5k 3s 68 40 5s 4o 68 4w 6o *s -1 6k
@6k rs 0 1edc 5g 6c 6c 58 6k 5g 5o 6k 5g 6c *s -1 1k 6o rs 0
@9zabk 1k 6o 1k 5k 14 5k *s -1 1k 6k rs 0 9zabk 14 6k 1k 6k *s -1
@1k 6g rs 0 9zabk 14 6g 1k 6g *s -1 1k 6c rs 0 9zabk 14 6c 1k 6c *s
@-1 1k 68 rs 0 9zabk 14 68 1k 68 *s -1 68 50 rs 0 0 -2o 4s -2o 50
@68 50 68 3w *s -1 6o 6c rs 0 0 6o c 6o 6c *s -1 1w 5c rs 0 0 1w
@5c 1g 4o 1o 4g *s -1 1s 4w rs 0 0 1s 4w 1s 4o *s -1 5c 5c rs 0 0
@4w 5c 5c 4o *s -3 1a c4 rs 0 Down *s -1 1c 6c rs 0 9y6tc w 5w 1c
@6c *s -1 24 6s rs 0 73 24 6c 24 6s *s -1 28 6s rs 0 73 28 6c 28
@6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6c 3k 6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6s 3k
@6c *s -1 4g 6s rs 0 73 4g 6c 4g 6s *s -1 4k 6s rs 0 73 4k 6c 4k
@6s *s -1 5g 6s rs 0 73 5g 6c 5g 6s *s -1 5k 6s rs 0 73 5k 6c 5k
@6s *s -1 64 6s rs 0 73 64 6c 64 6s *s -1 68 6s rs 0 73 68 6c 68
@6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6c 6k 6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6s 6k
@6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6k 6s 6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6c 6s
@6k *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 60 6s 68 *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 68 6s
@60 *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5c 1g 5k *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5k 1g
@5c *s 3 b0 ay rs 0 *s -3 a9 b7 rs 0 I *s -3 at ah rs 0 D *s -3
@6z ck rs 0 S *s -3 9j br rs 0 H *s -3 9i ce rs 0 B *s 6 8n c1
@1kq k *s -3 44 bs rs 0 1 *s -3 4x cj rs 0 2 *s -3 9t d5 rs 0 *s
@-3 9t d5 rs 0 3
*END -uj6v0m
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll
  #7  
Unread 11th of December, 2005, 06:25
Dev's Avatar
Dev
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Member: #1319
Location: Beaugeous Pacific Northwest
Posts: 104 (0.02 per day)
"Bloody--! Spiders!" Daison cries, astutely identifying the large, obvious arachnids before them. While fighting and killing ghola was a moral ambiguity in his mind, exterminating vermin is not.

Wanting to remain as far from the critters as possible, he notices the nearest small one and lifts his crossbow in its direction. As he moves to the other side of the guildsman from Inyx, he prepares a bolt--a motion well-practiced on the game trails--aims, and fires.

((5-foot step SE, Point Blank Shot on Spider 3))
  #8  
Unread 11th of December, 2005, 23:50
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (1.99 per day)
The Zelt nobleman moves swiftly and silently, from his experience in hunting Daison is well aware of the need to fire before the quarry is given a chance to react. An unpleasant spray of greenish liquid and a squelch announce the arrival of the wizard's bolt as it penetrates the thorax and plunges deeply into the dog-sized creature's abdomen. The force of the impact is such that the spider falls backwards into the shadowy room below, it's destroyed form still twitches as it plunges out of sight.

With two of the smaller creatures at the far end of the narrow bridge and another which seems to have plucked directly from a nightmare behind him, the advance scout is in a difficult position. Making a split-second position, Sevilin decides to focus his energies on the greatest threat. Carefully stepping backwards while turning, the ranger frees his blade and brings it around in a broad horizontal sweep at the beast bearing down upon Bollan.

Despite being the proud owner of eight eyes the massive spider is unable to anticipate the attack. A metallic swoosh cuts through the air and one of the long black spindly legs falls away from its owner. Squirting out a jet of whatever passes for blood in an arachnid of such size, the leg falls to the ancient carpet in the room below with a thump.

The sound of a spider larger than a man roaring in anger and pain is not something that any member of the company will soon find themselves forgetting. Wheeling around with surprising grace for a monster which has just been relieved of a leg, the spider bears down upon the swordsman balancing on the narrow stone bridge. Aware that a bite from a much smaller creature reduced two of the mercenaries in the other group into little more than dead weight, Sevillin takes a chance and jumps backward as the jaws of the creature lunge down upon him.

A shower of rock dust spurts upward as the spider's mandibles bite into the precarious walkway and Sevillin manages to regain his footing. For a moment Sevilin believes that he must have landed awkwardly on his back foot although glancing down he sees the real reason, one of the smaller spiders opportunistically leapt upon his ankle and bit down. Kicking the creature free, Sevilin hopes that its small size means it doesn't carry a poison as potent as its larger brethren.


Initative
Daison
Sevilin
Large Spider
Spider 1
Bollan
Hargin
Inyx
Spider 2
Guildsman

Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 1k 10 rs 0 9zabk 1k -c 1k 10 14 10 *s -1 1k w rs 0 9zabk
@14 w 1k w *s -1 1k s rs 0 9zabk 14 s 1k s *s -1 1k o rs 0 9zabk
@14 o 1k o *s -1 1k k rs 0 9zabk 14 k 1k k *s -1 1k g rs 0 9zabk
@14 g 1k g *s -3 1c 19 rs 0 Up *s -1 1g s rs 0 9y6tc c k 1g s *s
@-1 1s 1o rs 0 0 1s c 1s 1o *s -1 24 g rs 0 73 24 0 24 g *s -1 28
@g rs 0 73 28 0 28 g *s -1 34 g rs 0 73 34 0 34 g *s -1 38 g rs 0
@73 38 0 38 g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o 0 3w g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o
@g 3w 0 *s -1 1c 20 rs 0 0 1c -1c 1c 20 *s e 2x 46 rs 0 *s e 31
@3y rs 0 *s e 35 3u rs 0 *s e 36 3q rs 0 *s e 38 3g rs 0 *s e 38
@3d rs 0 *s e 35 3b rs 0 *s e 2y 3d rs 0 *s e 2w 3f rs 0 *s e 2y
@3i rs 0 *s e 34 3d rs 0 *s e 39 35 rs 0 *s e 3b 34 rs 0 *s e 32
@3f rs 0 *s e 2v 3h rs 0 *s e 2v 3j rs 0 *s e 7l y rs 0 *s e 7u z
@rs 0 *s e 7j 15 rs 0 *s e 7s 17 rs 0 *s e 7n 1b rs 0 *s -3 3q 3x
@rs 0 Blockage *s -1 1s 1w rs 0 9y6tc 1s 1w 14 1o *s -3 7a 2c rs
@0 Soil Hump *s -1 40 w rs 0 9y6tc 40 w 3s g *s -1 3w 10 rs 0 0
@-c 10 -c k 3w k *s -1 40 c rs 0 0 -1c c 40 c *s -1 5m 6o rs 0
@9zabk 5m 5c 5m 6o *s -1 5e 6o rs 0 9zabk 5e 5c 5e 6o *s -1 5m 6n
@rs 0 9zabk 5m 6n 56 6n *s -1 5m 6k rs 0 9zabk 57 6k 5n 6k *s -1
@5m 6g rs 0 9zabk 56 6g 5m 6g *s -1 5m 6c rs 0 9zabk 56 6c 5m 6c *s
@-1 5m 68 rs 0 9zabk 57 68 5n 68 *s -1 5m 64 rs 0 9zabk 57 64 5n
@64 *s -1 6o 6o rs 0 0 60 6o 6o 6o 6o 60 *s -1 6c 6o rs 0 0 6c 6o
@-3o 6o -3o 34 *s -1 54 64 rs 0 0 54 4k 4w 4s 4o 50 4g 50 48 58
@48 5g 40 5o 3k 5o 3k 5w 3c 5w 2o 5w 2g 5o 28 5w 1s 64 14 5w w 64
@8 5w 0 5o -g 58 -o 58 -w 50 -14 50 -1c 4k *s -1 4w 6o rs 0 0 -1c
@6o -1c 68 -14 60 -14 5s -w 5s -o 5s -g 5k -8 5s 0 60 g 60 w 60
@14 68 1k 60 28 68 2g 5s 34 5k 3s 68 40 5s 4o 68 4w 6o *s -1 6k
@6k rs 0 1edc 5g 6c 6c 58 6k 5g 5o 6k 5g 6c *s -1 1k 6o rs 0
@9zabk 1k 6o 1k 5k 14 5k *s -1 1k 6k rs 0 9zabk 14 6k 1k 6k *s -1
@1k 6g rs 0 9zabk 14 6g 1k 6g *s -1 1k 6c rs 0 9zabk 14 6c 1k 6c *s
@-1 1k 68 rs 0 9zabk 14 68 1k 68 *s -1 68 50 rs 0 0 -2o 4s -2o 50
@68 50 68 3w *s -1 6o 6c rs 0 0 6o c 6o 6c *s -1 1w 5c rs 0 0 1w
@5c 1g 4o 1o 4g *s -1 1s 4w rs 0 0 1s 4w 1s 4o *s -1 5c 5c rs 0 0
@4w 5c 5c 4o *s -3 1a c4 rs 0 Down *s -1 1c 6c rs 0 9y6tc w 5w 1c
@6c *s -1 24 6s rs 0 73 24 6c 24 6s *s -1 28 6s rs 0 73 28 6c 28
@6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6c 3k 6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6s 3k
@6c *s -1 4g 6s rs 0 73 4g 6c 4g 6s *s -1 4k 6s rs 0 73 4k 6c 4k
@6s *s -1 5g 6s rs 0 73 5g 6c 5g 6s *s -1 5k 6s rs 0 73 5k 6c 5k
@6s *s -1 64 6s rs 0 73 64 6c 64 6s *s -1 68 6s rs 0 73 68 6c 68
@6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6c 6k 6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6s 6k
@6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6k 6s 6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6c 6s
@6k *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 60 6s 68 *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 68 6s
@60 *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5c 1g 5k *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5k 1g
@5c *s 3 b0 ay rs 0 *s -3 a9 b7 rs 0 I *s -3 bh b4 rs 0 D *s -3
@7h cb rs 0 S *s -3 9j br rs 0 H *s -3 9i ce rs 0 B *s 6 8n c1
@1kq k *s -3 6x cm rs 0 1 *s -3 4x cj rs 0 2 *s -3 9t d5 rs 0
*END -j20evm
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll
  #9  
Unread 14th of December, 2005, 01:34
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.68 per day)
Bollan slow reactions have been focused on Sevilin and the possible need to keep him from a very nasty fall. However, now that the situation has changed Bollan speeds into action. Without thought for the rope, it is let loose and both arms reach high over his back grasping his sword. But a little force from his wrists loose the button at the bottom of his sheath letting him do a full 180 arc swing. Mindful of the ceiling he adds force to his blow by pulling his entire body down onto one knee swinging the blade onto the back of the huge spider...
  #10  
Unread 14th of December, 2005, 02:12
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.40 per day)
As a general rule, Hargin prefers to avoid close personal contact with monstrous arachnids. Accordingly, he takes a step backwards from all the excitement, fumbling over his shoulder for the butt of his cross-bow. Finding it, he slides back the ratchet, slips a bolt into place and takes hasty aim at the beast, aiming for the thing's bloated underbelly.

[OOC: 5" step back, draw and load crossbow, shoot the big bastard. As much of that checklist as I can get through in a turn anyway.]
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
  #11  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 08:01
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (1.99 per day)
Evidently losing a leg sharpens the reflexes of an overgrown spider, Bollan's overhead crouching swing only barely impacts with the chitinous armour covering its body. Another wound leaking green blood pushes the creature closer towards the arachnid equivalent of the afterlife but not quite far enough to reach it.

As Hargin attempts to fit a bolt in his weapon and avoid any undesirable attentions from the wounded, yet still very large, spider the dwarf can't help but notice that the remnants of the floor are currently holding much more weight than it will be able to hold without completely collapsing.

Faced with a collection of vermin great and small it wouldn't seem greedy to most people to call upon the Gods to grant a minor blessing to the party. And in this case Inyx would consider herself most people. Grasping her holy symbol, the priestess mutters a few words beneath her breath to Lilleth and a familiar colourful sparkle dances in the peripheral vision of each of Inyx's companions.

With an ease that comes from a lifetime of accepting that it is quite possible to walk along nearly any surface as if it were the floor, the spider furthest from the action disappears underneath the stone walkway to scamper around unseen.

The attack puts a stop to the Guildsman's constant note taking, although the masked figure offers little of use in terms of action or words. The thought of being close to the creature is obviously not one he relishes.


Initative

Daison
Sevilin
Large Spider
Spider 1
Bollan
Hargin
Inyx
Spider 2 [Somewhere out of sight]
Guildsman

Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 1k 10 rs 0 9zabk 1k -c 1k 10 14 10 *s -1 1k w rs 0 9zabk
@14 w 1k w *s -1 1k s rs 0 9zabk 14 s 1k s *s -1 1k o rs 0 9zabk
@14 o 1k o *s -1 1k k rs 0 9zabk 14 k 1k k *s -1 1k g rs 0 9zabk
@14 g 1k g *s -3 1c 19 rs 0 Up *s -1 1g s rs 0 9y6tc c k 1g s *s
@-1 1s 1o rs 0 0 1s c 1s 1o *s -1 24 g rs 0 73 24 0 24 g *s -1 28
@g rs 0 73 28 0 28 g *s -1 34 g rs 0 73 34 0 34 g *s -1 38 g rs 0
@73 38 0 38 g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o 0 3w g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o
@g 3w 0 *s -1 1c 20 rs 0 0 1c -1c 1c 20 *s e 2x 46 rs 0 *s e 31
@3y rs 0 *s e 35 3u rs 0 *s e 36 3q rs 0 *s e 38 3g rs 0 *s e 38
@3d rs 0 *s e 35 3b rs 0 *s e 2y 3d rs 0 *s e 2w 3f rs 0 *s e 2y
@3i rs 0 *s e 34 3d rs 0 *s e 39 35 rs 0 *s e 3b 34 rs 0 *s e 32
@3f rs 0 *s e 2v 3h rs 0 *s e 2v 3j rs 0 *s e 7l y rs 0 *s e 7u z
@rs 0 *s e 7j 15 rs 0 *s e 7s 17 rs 0 *s e 7n 1b rs 0 *s -3 3q 3x
@rs 0 Blockage *s -1 1s 1w rs 0 9y6tc 1s 1w 14 1o *s -3 7a 2c rs
@0 Soil Hump *s -1 40 w rs 0 9y6tc 40 w 3s g *s -1 3w 10 rs 0 0
@-c 10 -c k 3w k *s -1 40 c rs 0 0 -1c c 40 c *s -1 5m 6o rs 0
@9zabk 5m 5c 5m 6o *s -1 5e 6o rs 0 9zabk 5e 5c 5e 6o *s -1 5m 6n
@rs 0 9zabk 5m 6n 56 6n *s -1 5m 6k rs 0 9zabk 57 6k 5n 6k *s -1
@5m 6g rs 0 9zabk 56 6g 5m 6g *s -1 5m 6c rs 0 9zabk 56 6c 5m 6c *s
@-1 5m 68 rs 0 9zabk 57 68 5n 68 *s -1 5m 64 rs 0 9zabk 57 64 5n
@64 *s -1 6o 6o rs 0 0 60 6o 6o 6o 6o 60 *s -1 6c 6o rs 0 0 6c 6o
@-3o 6o -3o 34 *s -1 54 64 rs 0 0 54 4k 4w 4s 4o 50 4g 50 48 58
@48 5g 40 5o 3k 5o 3k 5w 3c 5w 2o 5w 2g 5o 28 5w 1s 64 14 5w w 64
@8 5w 0 5o -g 58 -o 58 -w 50 -14 50 -1c 4k *s -1 4w 6o rs 0 0 -1c
@6o -1c 68 -14 60 -14 5s -w 5s -o 5s -g 5k -8 5s 0 60 g 60 w 60
@14 68 1k 60 28 68 2g 5s 34 5k 3s 68 40 5s 4o 68 4w 6o *s -1 6k
@6k rs 0 1edc 5g 6c 6c 58 6k 5g 5o 6k 5g 6c *s -1 1k 6o rs 0
@9zabk 1k 6o 1k 5k 14 5k *s -1 1k 6k rs 0 9zabk 14 6k 1k 6k *s -1
@1k 6g rs 0 9zabk 14 6g 1k 6g *s -1 1k 6c rs 0 9zabk 14 6c 1k 6c *s
@-1 1k 68 rs 0 9zabk 14 68 1k 68 *s -1 68 50 rs 0 0 -2o 4s -2o 50
@68 50 68 3w *s -1 6o 6c rs 0 0 6o c 6o 6c *s -1 1w 5c rs 0 0 1w
@5c 1g 4o 1o 4g *s -1 1s 4w rs 0 0 1s 4w 1s 4o *s -1 5c 5c rs 0 0
@4w 5c 5c 4o *s -3 1a c4 rs 0 Down *s -1 1c 6c rs 0 9y6tc w 5w 1c
@6c *s -1 24 6s rs 0 73 24 6c 24 6s *s -1 28 6s rs 0 73 28 6c 28
@6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6c 3k 6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6s 3k
@6c *s -1 4g 6s rs 0 73 4g 6c 4g 6s *s -1 4k 6s rs 0 73 4k 6c 4k
@6s *s -1 5g 6s rs 0 73 5g 6c 5g 6s *s -1 5k 6s rs 0 73 5k 6c 5k
@6s *s -1 64 6s rs 0 73 64 6c 64 6s *s -1 68 6s rs 0 73 68 6c 68
@6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6c 6k 6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6s 6k
@6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6k 6s 6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6c 6s
@6k *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 60 6s 68 *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 68 6s
@60 *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5c 1g 5k *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5k 1g
@5c *s 3 bo bl rs 0 *s -3 a9 b7 rs 0 I *s -3 bh b4 rs 0 D *s -3
@7h cb rs 0 S *s -3 a7 bt rs 0 H *s -3 9i ce rs 0 B *s 6 8n c1
@1kq k *s -3 6x cm rs 0 1 *s -3 9t d5 rs 0
*END vqkvgr
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll
  #12  
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 07:22
Dev's Avatar
Dev
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Member: #1319
Location: Beaugeous Pacific Northwest
Posts: 104 (0.02 per day)
"Ha!" Daison lets out a whoop of triumph, having single-boltedly taken care of one of the smaller spiders. There still remains, however, the large menace near the bridge. Feeling good about his aim today, Daison steps forward while readying another bolt, tracks the hulk of the nasty beast, and fires. Sure, it might hit one of the other expedition members on its way--but what are the chances of that!

((5-foot step SW, Point Blank Shot on Large Spider))
  #13  
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 09:15
Tamarind's Avatar
Tamarind
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #900
Posts: 859 (0.17 per day)
With the smaller spider temporarily kicked out of reach Sevilin eyes the greater threat before him, snapping his blade round and back in a rapid sweeping stroke as he steps back a little closer to the comparitive safety of the far side.
{5ft step W, full attack)
__________________
"Am I really darkness?
Or are my stars just too far away to see?
And if so
Whose world is at fault?"
  #14  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 00:15
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (1.99 per day)
Daison's bolt leaves his crossbow but lacks sufficient force to penetrate the great spider's armour and instead it deflects upwards and lodges itself in the ceiling between two of the large stone blocks.

With a foe on either side of the all too narrow remaining strip of floor, Sevilin is unable to manoeuvre. Another horizontal slash however does manage to catch the hulking seven legged beast between him and his fellows. This time the blow strikes not a leg but the main body of the creature and sends out a shower of green and black gore.

Screeching, or possibly roaring, in agony the creature rocks spiders and falls towards the room below. Its legs fails outwards in a desperate attempt to grab a hold of anything, but this soon stops as the creature falls upon one of the protruding metal skewers which once supported a fabric screen in the room below. Another shower of green squirts upward and marks a definite end for the top of the food chain in the ruin.

Not feeling quite so confident all of a sudden, the remaining spider also vanishes from sight leaving a sword wielding Sevilin stood atop a rather more structurally unsound walkway that he'd like with a slack rope tied around him and a large group of his companions looking on in the now silent subterranean corridor.

Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 1k 10 rs 0 9zabk 1k -c 1k 10 14 10 *s -1 1k w rs 0 9zabk
@14 w 1k w *s -1 1k s rs 0 9zabk 14 s 1k s *s -1 1k o rs 0 9zabk
@14 o 1k o *s -1 1k k rs 0 9zabk 14 k 1k k *s -1 1k g rs 0 9zabk
@14 g 1k g *s -3 1c 19 rs 0 Up *s -1 1g s rs 0 9y6tc c k 1g s *s
@-1 1s 1o rs 0 0 1s c 1s 1o *s -1 24 g rs 0 73 24 0 24 g *s -1 28
@g rs 0 73 28 0 28 g *s -1 34 g rs 0 73 34 0 34 g *s -1 38 g rs 0
@73 38 0 38 g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o 0 3w g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o
@g 3w 0 *s -1 1c 20 rs 0 0 1c -1c 1c 20 *s e 2x 46 rs 0 *s e 31
@3y rs 0 *s e 35 3u rs 0 *s e 36 3q rs 0 *s e 38 3g rs 0 *s e 38
@3d rs 0 *s e 35 3b rs 0 *s e 2y 3d rs 0 *s e 2w 3f rs 0 *s e 2y
@3i rs 0 *s e 34 3d rs 0 *s e 39 35 rs 0 *s e 3b 34 rs 0 *s e 32
@3f rs 0 *s e 2v 3h rs 0 *s e 2v 3j rs 0 *s e 7l y rs 0 *s e 7u z
@rs 0 *s e 7j 15 rs 0 *s e 7s 17 rs 0 *s e 7n 1b rs 0 *s -3 3q 3x
@rs 0 Blockage *s -1 1s 1w rs 0 9y6tc 1s 1w 14 1o *s -3 7a 2c rs
@0 Soil Hump *s -1 40 w rs 0 9y6tc 40 w 3s g *s -1 3w 10 rs 0 0
@-c 10 -c k 3w k *s -1 40 c rs 0 0 -1c c 40 c *s -1 5m 6o rs 0
@9zabk 5m 5c 5m 6o *s -1 5e 6o rs 0 9zabk 5e 5c 5e 6o *s -1 5m 6n
@rs 0 9zabk 5m 6n 56 6n *s -1 5m 6k rs 0 9zabk 57 6k 5n 6k *s -1
@5m 6g rs 0 9zabk 56 6g 5m 6g *s -1 5m 6c rs 0 9zabk 56 6c 5m 6c *s
@-1 5m 68 rs 0 9zabk 57 68 5n 68 *s -1 5m 64 rs 0 9zabk 57 64 5n
@64 *s -1 6o 6o rs 0 0 60 6o 6o 6o 6o 60 *s -1 6c 6o rs 0 0 6c 6o
@-3o 6o -3o 34 *s -1 54 64 rs 0 0 54 4k 4w 4s 4o 50 4g 50 48 58
@48 5g 40 5o 3k 5o 3k 5w 3c 5w 2o 5w 2g 5o 28 5w 1s 64 14 5w w 64
@8 5w 0 5o -g 58 -o 58 -w 50 -14 50 -1c 4k *s -1 4w 6o rs 0 0 -1c
@6o -1c 68 -14 60 -14 5s -w 5s -o 5s -g 5k -8 5s 0 60 g 60 w 60
@14 68 1k 60 28 68 2g 5s 34 5k 3s 68 40 5s 4o 68 4w 6o *s -1 6k
@6k rs 0 1edc 5g 6c 6c 58 6k 5g 5o 6k 5g 6c *s -1 1k 6o rs 0
@9zabk 1k 6o 1k 5k 14 5k *s -1 1k 6k rs 0 9zabk 14 6k 1k 6k *s -1
@1k 6g rs 0 9zabk 14 6g 1k 6g *s -1 1k 6c rs 0 9zabk 14 6c 1k 6c *s
@-1 1k 68 rs 0 9zabk 14 68 1k 68 *s -1 68 50 rs 0 0 -2o 4s -2o 50
@68 50 68 3w *s -1 6o 6c rs 0 0 6o c 6o 6c *s -1 1w 5c rs 0 0 1w
@5c 1g 4o 1o 4g *s -1 1s 4w rs 0 0 1s 4w 1s 4o *s -1 5c 5c rs 0 0
@4w 5c 5c 4o *s -3 1a c4 rs 0 Down *s -1 1c 6c rs 0 9y6tc w 5w 1c
@6c *s -1 24 6s rs 0 73 24 6c 24 6s *s -1 28 6s rs 0 73 28 6c 28
@6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6c 3k 6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6s 3k
@6c *s -1 4g 6s rs 0 73 4g 6c 4g 6s *s -1 4k 6s rs 0 73 4k 6c 4k
@6s *s -1 5g 6s rs 0 73 5g 6c 5g 6s *s -1 5k 6s rs 0 73 5k 6c 5k
@6s *s -1 64 6s rs 0 73 64 6c 64 6s *s -1 68 6s rs 0 73 68 6c 68
@6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6c 6k 6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6s 6k
@6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6k 6s 6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6c 6s
@6k *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 60 6s 68 *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 68 6s
@60 *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5c 1g 5k *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5k 1g
@5c *s 3 bo bl rs 0 *s -3 a9 b7 rs 0 I *s -3 bh b4 rs 0 D *s -3
@7h cb rs 0 S *s -3 a7 bt rs 0 H *s -3 9i ce rs 0 B *s -3 9t d5
@rs 0
*END ulhqvp
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll
  #15  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 00:33
chalice's Avatar
chalice
Gravecrawler

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #883
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,653 (0.32 per day)
Inyx has gone very pale, though she is now holding her own crossbow steadily enough.

"I hate those things," she mutters.
__________________
Dreams are true while they last,
and do we not live in dreams?
- Tennyson
  #16  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 12:49
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.68 per day)
Bollan quickly cleans his blade and then reaches down and grabs ahold of the rope getting back into his former position. "Those with crossbows and the like keep watch along the walls for that last critter, will ya!"
  #17  
Unread 22nd of December, 2005, 09:22
Tamarind's Avatar
Tamarind
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #900
Posts: 859 (0.17 per day)
As the creature falls from sight Sevilin grins fiercely, an almost feral look on his face for a moment, as Bollan grasps the rope anew he remembers the precarious nature of his predicament and continues swiftly on to the far side, blade still in hand. Once there he braces himself, rope gripped tightly in his left hand, ichor-coated blade ready in his right...
__________________
"Am I really darkness?
Or are my stars just too far away to see?
And if so
Whose world is at fault?"
  #18  
Unread 1st of January, 2006, 23:27
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (1.99 per day)
Another few steps and Sevilin's heart stops beating quite so quickly. After all, what were the chances of a second swarm of overlarge vermin clambering out of the shadows?

Cautiously, Sevilin's foot presses down on the walkway once again. This time just a shade too close to the edge as it rests solely upon a piece of stone at the very edge of the walkway and the added pressure sets it sliding sideways.

Reacting almost instantly, the ranger switches his footing and tries to regain his stance but it is too late. The further weakened walkway can no longer support the weight upon it and cracks start to spread. Within a single second the entire bridge has started to fall taking Sevilin with it.

Bollan grits his teeth and heaves on his end of the rope as he realises what is happening. The rope suddenly tugs forward and the freed gladiator grunts in response, taking tiny steps backward as he pulls.

The entire ruin feels like it is shaking as the stone blocks plunge downwards and impact on the remains of the room below. Fountains of dust spurt upwards as the carefully worked sections of floor are pulverised.

Somehow, Sevilin isn't crushed instantly, nor is he impaled on any of the jutting metal poles that hold the rags of the thick curtains which once split the room below into a dozen intimate sections. Swinging on the rope through the impenetrable grey gloom of rock dust makes seeing impossible. After several seconds it becomes clear that he isn't falling any longer, in fact he is very slowly moving upwards.

Out of the gloom comes a shape. The shape of a man. Of Bollan. A heavily armoured man with both hands on the rope that is tied around Sevilin's waist. Grunting and roaring, Bollan pulls and Sevilin can only hang on to the rope with both hands. It comes as something of a surprise to the man hanging on the rope that he is no longer in possession of his blade, it having been freed from his grasp as he fell.

Eventually Bollan can lean forward and extend a gauntleted hand to Sevilin. With one last mighty pull, Bollan staggers backward and Sevilin is left sprawling upon the stable ground at his feet.

"Oh, thank the heavens!"
The guildsman sits down on a nearby step, clearly also out of breath despite his lack of involvement in any of the recent heroics.


Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 1k 10 rs 0 9zabk 1k -c 1k 10 14 10 *s -1 1k w rs 0 9zabk
@14 w 1k w *s -1 1k s rs 0 9zabk 14 s 1k s *s -1 1k o rs 0 9zabk
@14 o 1k o *s -1 1k k rs 0 9zabk 14 k 1k k *s -1 1k g rs 0 9zabk
@14 g 1k g *s -3 1c 19 rs 0 Up *s -1 1g s rs 0 9y6tc c k 1g s *s
@-1 1s 1o rs 0 0 1s c 1s 1o *s -1 24 g rs 0 73 24 0 24 g *s -1 28
@g rs 0 73 28 0 28 g *s -1 34 g rs 0 73 34 0 34 g *s -1 38 g rs 0
@73 38 0 38 g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o 0 3w g *s -1 3w g rs 0 73 3o
@g 3w 0 *s -1 1c 20 rs 0 0 1c -1c 1c 20 *s e 2x 46 rs 0 *s e 31
@3y rs 0 *s e 35 3u rs 0 *s e 36 3q rs 0 *s e 38 3g rs 0 *s e 38
@3d rs 0 *s e 35 3b rs 0 *s e 2y 3d rs 0 *s e 2w 3f rs 0 *s e 2y
@3i rs 0 *s e 34 3d rs 0 *s e 39 35 rs 0 *s e 3b 34 rs 0 *s e 32
@3f rs 0 *s e 2v 3h rs 0 *s e 2v 3j rs 0 *s e 7l y rs 0 *s e 7u z
@rs 0 *s e 7j 15 rs 0 *s e 7s 17 rs 0 *s e 7n 1b rs 0 *s -3 3q 3x
@rs 0 Blockage *s -1 1s 1w rs 0 9y6tc 1s 1w 14 1o *s -3 7a 2c rs
@0 Soil Hump *s -1 40 w rs 0 9y6tc 40 w 3s g *s -1 3w 10 rs 0 0
@-c 10 -c k 3w k *s -1 40 c rs 0 0 -1c c 40 c *s -1 5m 6o rs 0
@9zabk 5m 5c 5m 6o *s -1 5e 6o rs 0 9zabk 5e 5c 5e 6o *s -1 5m 6n
@rs 0 9zabk 5m 6n 56 6n *s -1 5m 6k rs 0 9zabk 57 6k 5n 6k *s -1
@5m 6g rs 0 9zabk 56 6g 5m 6g *s -1 5m 6c rs 0 9zabk 56 6c 5m 6c *s
@-1 5m 68 rs 0 9zabk 57 68 5n 68 *s -1 5m 64 rs 0 9zabk 57 64 5n
@64 *s -1 6o 6o rs 0 0 60 6o 6o 6o 6o 60 *s -1 6c 6o rs 0 0 6c 6o
@-3o 6o -3o 34 *s -1 6k 6k rs 0 1edc 5g 6c 6c 58 6k 5g 5o 6k 5g
@6c *s -1 1k 6o rs 0 9zabk 1k 6o 1k 5k 14 5k *s -1 1k 6k rs 0
@9zabk 14 6k 1k 6k *s -1 1k 6g rs 0 9zabk 14 6g 1k 6g *s -1 1k 6c
@rs 0 9zabk 14 6c 1k 6c *s -1 1k 68 rs 0 9zabk 14 68 1k 68 *s -1
@68 50 rs 0 0 -2o 4s -2o 50 68 50 68 3w *s -1 6o 6c rs 0 0 6o c
@6o 6c *s -1 1w 5c rs 0 0 1w 5c 1g 4o 1o 4g *s -1 1s 4w rs 0 0 1s
@4w 1s 4o *s -1 5c 5c rs 0 0 4w 5c 5c 4o *s -3 1a c4 rs 0 Down *s
@-1 1c 6c rs 0 9y6tc w 5w 1c 6c *s -1 24 6s rs 0 73 24 6c 24 6s *s
@-1 28 6s rs 0 73 28 6c 28 6s *s -1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6c 3k 6s *s
@-1 3k 6s rs 0 73 3c 6s 3k 6c *s -1 4g 6s rs 0 73 4g 6c 4g 6s *s
@-1 4k 6s rs 0 73 4k 6c 4k 6s *s -1 5g 6s rs 0 73 5g 6c 5g 6s *s
@-1 5k 6s rs 0 73 5k 6c 5k 6s *s -1 64 6s rs 0 73 64 6c 64 6s *s
@-1 68 6s rs 0 73 68 6c 68 6s *s -1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6c 6k 6s *s
@-1 6k 6s rs 0 73 6c 6s 6k 6c *s -1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6k 6s 6c *s
@-1 6s 6k rs 0 73 6c 6c 6s 6k *s -1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 60 6s 68 *s
@-1 6s 68 rs 0 73 6c 68 6s 60 *s -1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5c 1g 5k *s
@-1 1g 5k rs 0 73 10 5k 1g 5c *s 3 b1 bp rs 0 *s -3 a9 b7 rs 0 I *s
@-3 bh b4 rs 0 D *s -3 9o cj rs 0 S *s -3 a7 bt rs 0 H *s -3 a7
@ci rs 0 B *s -3 9t d5 rs 0 *s -1 54 6c rs 0 0 54 4c 4w 50 48 5o
@48 6c *s -1 50 6o rs 0 0 4c 60 50 6o *s -1 2g 6o rs 0 0 1c 40 28
@5c 2g 5k 28 5s 1k 6o
*END 4kdfb8
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll
  #19  
Unread 2nd of January, 2006, 03:18
Tamarind's Avatar
Tamarind
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #900
Posts: 859 (0.17 per day)
"WHAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

The involuntarily cry bursts forth as he plunges into the darkness, stonework plummeting around him. Panic seizes hold as he falls,

The rope will snap, Bollan won't be able to hold it...

The sudden jerking of the rope drives the breath from his lungs as the hemp cuts into the heavy leather armour, for a moment he hangs there gasping, lightheaded with relief. Then with an effort he grasps the rope in both hands, struggling to make his shaking arms pull upwards. As Bollan emerges from the dusty murk he renews his efforts, seeing the immense strain on his friend's face and desperate to help but his shaking muscles are weak as jelly. Falling to the floor he rolls onto his back and smiles gratefully upwards, sucking in deep breaths,

"Thank...you. I owe you one Bollan..."

With an effort he pushes himself to his feet and clasps the warrior in a burly hug.

"I won't forget this."
__________________
"Am I really darkness?
Or are my stars just too far away to see?
And if so
Whose world is at fault?"
  #20  
Unread 2nd of January, 2006, 09:52
Dev's Avatar
Dev
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Member: #1319
Location: Beaugeous Pacific Northwest
Posts: 104 (0.02 per day)
Daison simply smirks at seeing Sevilin return to solid ground, but his crossbow is still at the ready, in case any more spiders decide to pop up. His attention has turned to the crumbled bridge.

"Too bad, that. I suppose exploration here is over then!" He tosses a brief smile to the guildsman and seems plenty ready to head right back the way they came.
  #21  
Unread 2nd of January, 2006, 21:14
chalice's Avatar
chalice
Gravecrawler

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #883
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,653 (0.32 per day)
Inyx, who had been focussed on Sevelin's fall and ascent with the intense look her face takes on during prayer, relaxes a fraction and mutters a relieved oath not commonly associated with prayer or priestly circles.

Stepping lightly, she moves to lay a reassuring hand briefly on the guildman's shoulder, then close enough to check Sevelin for injuries.

"Nice catch," she smiles at Bollan.

"Sevelin, you should not be without a sword..." her hands move to unbuckle the belt holding the finely-worked shortsword at her slender waist. She holds it out to him across both hands, rather formally. "Under the circumstances, I don't think the Goddess would object to you borrowing this a while..."
__________________
Dreams are true while they last,
and do we not live in dreams?
- Tennyson
  #22  
Unread 3rd of January, 2006, 05:34
Tamarind's Avatar
Tamarind
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #900
Posts: 859 (0.17 per day)
He glances ruefully into the dust-filled gloom for a moment then reaching forward carefully accepts the offered sword,

"You are most generous m'lady, I hope I can do this blade justice."

Stepping back he thrusts the blade into his empty scabbard and bows, a gesture that is only slightly marred by the grimace as he bends forward.
__________________
"Am I really darkness?
Or are my stars just too far away to see?
And if so
Whose world is at fault?"
  #23  
Unread 3rd of January, 2006, 16:22
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.68 per day)
Bollan gives Sevelin a hand up and finds himself in an embrace...

"I, uh, your, uh, welcome, I guess. Cough!"

Bollan leans against the wall after that while Inyx gifts her blade to the brave ranger.

"I to think that this avenue is blocked *Cough*, at least for today. Let the dust settle so *Cough* we can see and breath again. Tomorrow we can attempt to retreave Sevelin's blade and begin searching in the room below if nothing else."

Bollan looks at the guildsman with bloodshot eyes waiting for him to contradict what he just stated.
  #24  
Unread 3rd of January, 2006, 19:23
Tamarind's Avatar
Tamarind
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #900
Posts: 859 (0.17 per day)
Sevilin looks wistfully down into the gloom, in vain seeking a glimmer of polished steel,

"I would very much like to get that back - it means a lot to me..."
__________________
"Am I really darkness?
Or are my stars just too far away to see?
And if so
Whose world is at fault?"
  #25  
Unread 3rd of January, 2006, 20:12
Dev's Avatar
Dev
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Member: #1319
Location: Beaugeous Pacific Northwest
Posts: 104 (0.02 per day)
"Tch." Daison finally returns his crossbow to its strap and takes a step to stand next to Sevilin. "Careful what you wish for..."

He waves at the dusty air, as if that would help him get a better view, while he also searches for a sign of the lost blade.

Last edited by Dev; 3rd of January, 2006 at 20:26.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren