Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > qwerty123's Games > The Four Horseman of the Ascension

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 6th of July, 2012, 04:05
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Chapter 4: A Fresh Start.

A week just zooms by as the shop is remodeled to meet the new owner’s specifications. Daniel and Harold spend many an hour making sure things are just so for the grand opening. Old contacts are call upon as well as new ones established to get inventory in place. Fresh paint and new flooring are installed as is new furniture. Finally all the hard work pays off, the store looks great.

The morning of the grand opening a man is standing outside waiting for the store to open. He is clad in brown slacks, and a black button down shirt. Expensive loafers are on his feet, and a rather large silver watch adorns his writs. He is holding something.

“Hey, good morning there.” The man oozes at Daniel and Harold as they try to step past him to open. “I just wanted to take a moment to officially welcome you to Homewood. My name is Benedict Blaque. I work at the AAA down the block, and am a Homewood Chamber of Commerce member.” He extends his hand in greeting. His other hand is clutching a plate of cookies. “Here, just a little something I whipped up by way of greeting.”

The man flashes both Daniel and Harold a huge, warm smile. “I can’t tell you just how excited I am that a business like this is opening here. I love antiques!” Benedict begins to move away, “Look I don’t wanna be a pest and all that. Just wanted to wish you luck in the business and say hi. So, hi!”With that Benedict walks away with a giggle.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 6th of July, 2012, 23:47
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Harold has become paranoid when it comes to people being overly friendly and 'loving' of antiques. This might hurt the business a little as he is skeptical of true enthusiasts, but then again the last one attacked and caused his old store to blow up!

"Oh, well thank you. Its always nice to meet a new friend and lover of antiques!"

Harold looks at the cookies and smiles at the guy again, but as soon as the man turns his back Harold will use his cane head, arm, and a lamp post down the street to make a 'triangle'. He piers through it scanning the man for abnormal or high levels of prime.

OOC: Prime Scan on Benedict: 25
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 7th of July, 2012, 00:18
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Originally Posted by Thanos # OOC: Prime Scan on Benedict: [roll0]
OOC: His energy pattern is much more than a normal person should have. You have seen Prime Patterns in magi before, both Tradition and Technocrat. Benedict is neither, you are pretty sure he is not a mage at all. So then what could he be?
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 7th of July, 2012, 11:29
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Harold indicates to his partner, Daniel, that Benedict is not normal. Its an old hand signal that they developed early on. If it were a magi he would put up his pinky and index finger with thumb out, like Dr. Strange. If it was a Technocrat, well they likely wouldn't have time to be signalling each other but that is a fist with the middle finger half out like you are going to give a charlie horse to somebody. If it was something else, he would do the Vulcan 'Live Long and Prosper', which is what he does.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 7th of July, 2012, 14:22
TocRat05's Avatar
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1105
Location: Las Vegas!
Posts: 540 (0.11 per day)
Daniel quirks an eyebrow at his business associate, recognizing his signal. He stares at the back of the retreating man and focuses his mind, opening his senses to encompasses the spiritual world around himself.

OOC Spirit 1, Entropy 1 to gain a sense of the man's "essence". Is it entropic or dynamic or static, etc. Is he more spirit or substance, that kind of thing.
Arete roll
23
__________________
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat:
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 7th of July, 2012, 23:12
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Originally Posted by TocRat05 # OOC Spirit 1, Entropy 1 to gain a sense of the man's "essence". Is it entropic or dynamic or static, etc. Is he more spirit or substance, that kind of thing.
Arete roll
[roll0]
OOC: There is a great purpose about the man. His essence also has an animalistic flavor to it, a slick and dark 'something'. It is unlike anything you have ever encountered, yet not all that unpleasant.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 9th of July, 2012, 13:01
TocRat05's Avatar
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1105
Location: Las Vegas!
Posts: 540 (0.11 per day)
Daniel shivers a moment but regains his composure. He will turn away from the street and go back inside the shop. There he will tell any of his companions that are present, as best he can, what he felt just now.
__________________
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 10th of July, 2012, 00:56
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
IC: The grand opening goes off with out a hitch. Not quite the amount of people in the shop as everyone would have liked, but all in all a rather respectable opening day for a specialty shop.

Those that work stay late to make sure everything is in place for the next day, as the group heads out they notice across the street at a parking garage - Benedict on the top floor smoking a cigarette and watching the group. He is not hiding the fact and even waves as everyone exits.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 10th of July, 2012, 02:40
TocRat05's Avatar
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1105
Location: Las Vegas!
Posts: 540 (0.11 per day)
"Well," Daniel comments idly, "I see he is taking his role as a member of the Homewood Chamber of Commerce rather seriously..." Daniel loosens his shirt collar with one hand as Sasha jumps down from his other arm. Her eyes glow bright yellow in the night. She looks across the street at Benedict and then up at Daniel, her nose twitching. Without looking down, Daniel speaks to her. "Yes dear, I'm not sure I like his scent either."

OOC: Unobtrusively, Daniel checks his belt sword and other items, making sure they are ready just in case.
__________________
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat:
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 10th of July, 2012, 04:21
jumari wrenson's Avatar
jumari wrenson
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7480
Location: nw of everyone else
Posts: 125 (0.04 per day)
"If you gentlemen don't mind, I'd like to do a full work up on the new store and see if there are room for any improvements," Harrison says in a carefully neutral tone. "As it appears we will be in the neighborhood for some time I'd like to be of benefit until another purpose imposes itself upon us."

He smiles pleasantly enough at the group and quirks an eyebrow.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 12th of July, 2012, 01:08
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Oh, no please go ahead and see what you can do."

Harold goes about his duties in the store waiting for a customer or another visitor.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12th of July, 2012, 12:50
jumari wrenson's Avatar
jumari wrenson
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7480
Location: nw of everyone else
Posts: 125 (0.04 per day)
Harrison sets to scanning the facility for flaws in materials or potential problems with the utilities. He sets up an elaborate sound system and proceeds to run through various songs and sounds, some discordant and others surprisingly stirring. Throughout the audio barrage he cheerfully pokes and prods at everything, moving one thing and then the other until finally satisfied he shuts down the system and leave the store for the materials necessary to make all necessary changes.
OOC: 29 for int + technology employing a stud finder and the proper music to detect the flaws in local matter
17 matter roll to make adjustments to strengthen materials for additional soak against incoming attacks
32 int + technology with a ohm meter to verify the wiring is sound
16 forces to improve the local electrical flow
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 13th of July, 2012, 03:27
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Originally Posted by jumari wrenson # OOC: [roll0] for int + technology employing a stud finder and the proper music to detect the flaws in local matter
[roll1] matter roll to make adjustments to strengthen materials for additional soak against incoming attacks
[roll2] int + technology with a ohm meter to verify the wiring is sound
[roll3] forces to improve the local electrical flow
OOC: Everything is looking good. The building is fairly sound, if not old. The wiring is fine and electricity good as well. You are able to make sure that those things stay is great shape and even act a bit better.

You don't have enough successes on the Matter roll to make the increased soak on the wall last for very long. If you want to fuel the effect with a little Prime and try again, I suggest an extended ritual, so you can get plenty of successes you are more than welcome to try.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 13th of July, 2012, 03:32
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
IC: The first week in the new shop goes well. As expected business picks up on the weekend, and the busy vacation season in Homewood looks like it might lead to a very profitable summer here.

Harrison goes about his work of making the structure as sound as he is able.

Finally on Sunday evening, just about an hour before close, Benedict comes in to browse. He takes him time looking everything over, like he is some sort of long lost trader inspecting good for his caravan.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 13th of July, 2012, 11:36
jumari wrenson's Avatar
jumari wrenson
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7480
Location: nw of everyone else
Posts: 125 (0.04 per day)
OOC: Let's extend the time out for 'modifications.' I can't fuel with Prime except as part of my personal pool. I could use time to extend the duration.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 13th of July, 2012, 14:46
TocRat05's Avatar
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1105
Location: Las Vegas!
Posts: 540 (0.11 per day)
Daniel walks up to him from across the counter. "See anything you are interested in?" he asks as a shop keeper would to a prospective buyer.
__________________
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat:
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 15th of July, 2012, 05:46
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Originally Posted by TocRat05 # Daniel walks up to him from across the counter. "See anything you are interested in?" he asks as a shop keeper would to a prospective buyer.
IC: "I see lots of stuff that is of interest to me." Benidict leans in close to Daniel as he speaks.

"I will tell you what I find most fascinating of all, have you ever been out to the old industrial park? It is full of all of these awesome companies that make Homewood great. I especially find it fascinating that there is a factory out there that is getting deliveries from UVair, a jet fuel company. What do you suppose someone that is not in the airline industry needs with jet fuel?"

With that his cell phone chirps to life. "Oh, sorry. I have to take this. We can chat again some other time." Then Benedict ascends the stairs to the exit and walks out all while listening to someone on his phone.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 15th of July, 2012, 08:43
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.39 per day)
IC: Lurking around the showroom..Lee overhears Benedicts comments....

hmmmm now what is that about?....I may have to check this out just in case....


OOC:I dont know if this was done before but I want to try a LIFE scan on Bendict before or maybe as he is leaving the store..

[rol]3d10[/roll]

I will be spending some points..probably going into hawk but need to double check the book before deciding exactly where
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 15th of July, 2012, 08:44
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.39 per day)
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10 LIFE
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 15th of July, 2012, 15:17
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Originally Posted by lawwnum # IC: Lurking around the showroom..Lee overhears Benedicts comments....

hmmmm now what is that about?....I may have to check this out just in case....


OOC:I dont know if this was done before but I want to try a LIFE scan on Bendict before or maybe as he is leaving the store..

[rol]3d10[/roll]

I will be spending some points..probably going into hawk but need to double check the book before deciding exactly where

OOC: Looks like I lied to you on the phone tonight. It is Current level x 7 for a tradition sphere and Current level x 8 for other spheres.

Also with only one success on the Life scan, you can tell that Benedict is not human. By not human I mean he is not a mage, but something else entirely.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 16th of July, 2012, 06:09
jumari wrenson's Avatar
jumari wrenson
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7480
Location: nw of everyone else
Posts: 125 (0.04 per day)
OOC: Harrison collects the pieces necessary to project his matter reconfiguration matrix during the closed hours of the store carefully placing reflecting dishes to ensure the maximum benefit and reduce any negative side effects. His goal is to create an nearly undetectable escape tunnel for the crew.
He will check his results at least three times before attempting to activate his device.
37 int + science
30 int + science
39 int + science
33 int + technology
25 int + technology
32 int + technology
Int + Science to verify his plans and his calculations are correct
Int + Technology to verify his equipment is properly assembled
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 16th of July, 2012, 06:13
jumari wrenson's Avatar
jumari wrenson
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7480
Location: nw of everyone else
Posts: 125 (0.04 per day)
16
16
19
matter rolls to carefully and skillfully carve out a useful escape tunnel
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 16th of July, 2012, 16:28
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Originally Posted by jumari wrenson # [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
matter rolls to carefully and skillfully carve out a useful escape tunnel
OOC: Job well done. So where exactly is this tunnel in the store and where does it go?
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 17th of July, 2012, 00:01
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Harold was in another part of the store putting up a display for a newly transferred in item. It was a piece of rock, which had been expertly and masterfully copied from parts of the Great Pyramid Hieroglyphics. The stone was authentically from a pyramid, but of course not an actual artifact.

He looks around another display case at Daniel.....
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 17th of July, 2012, 02:41
TocRat05's Avatar
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1105
Location: Las Vegas!
Posts: 540 (0.11 per day)
Daniel sees his friend looking at him as Benedict leaves and simply raises an eyebrow. "I have no answer or insight for you.", he says.
Sasha chooses that moment to hop onto the counter top and rub her head against Daniel's arm. He dutifully begins to pet her behind her jet black ears, causing her to purr softly.
He continues speaking to Harold as he gives the sleek cat the attention she craves. "I have to say I am not at all enthusiastic about involving ourselves in what is sure to be trouble so soon after our last brush with a lot of trouble." He looks down at Sasha and begins stroking her back, from the base of her neck down to her tail. She in turn begins to rub her head against his other hand; almost like self petting. "If you want to go investigate this, I won't try to talk you out of it, I just ask that should you decide to go, let me know. That way I will at least have some warning before the FBI, vengeful mobster or irritated technocrat comes knocking on our brand new door."
__________________
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 04:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren