Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 9th of April, 2007, 22:11
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Scenario 8

Scenario 8 – Prologue: Under Cover of Darkness

Under cover of darkness the dolphin-towed longboats speed through the restless waters off the Sword Coast, heading west, and racing against the dawn. Hours have passed since leaving the Red Rocks and still there is no sign of the Reavers Blood. Dawn is but a couple of hours away. If you don’t find the ship soon…
When you first left the coast you were full of energy – talking, jesting, and speculating on the coming battle. Babelson, perched in the bow with Red and Mel, laughed and “talked” with the dolphins, exhilarated by the fun-loving mammals. Mirko and Almego spoke of this journey as the turning point in their lives – one hoping to bury the past, one considering embracing it. Dreys sat in the middle of the longboat and tried his best not to throw up. He concentrated on his new axe and breastplate to help take his mind off the bouncing longboat and his lurching stomach. Egret kept to himself near the stern, quiet and watchful; he talked to himself, steeling his nerve for the coming melee, wondering if he would live to see the sun again.
That was hours ago…now, most of you are either dozing or despondent – will you find the ship before the dawn betrays you? Are the dolphins off course? How can they navigate all this way? It’s like finding a needle in a haystack – it’s almost impossible.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Under cover of darkness, back on the mainland near the small ranching village of Beliard, dark figures assemble in the woods to the north and east. Kurlain, Claw of Malar, surveys his minions and watches the sleepy town below as it begins to awaken to greet the new day. A new day…but their last day. The vicious man-beast sniffs loudly and welcomes the smells of cattle and the village. His mouth waters at what he knows will soon be the hot, salty taste of blood. No more will he hide in a cave. He will turn this town into a haven for the Beastlord and he, Kurlain, will live in style.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Under cover of darkness, Gar Burlson paces the deck of the Reavers Blood and wonders what keeps him from resting. Watching Korman the White fall to the mainlanders affected him less than he expected. He cared little for the pirate captain anyway; the man was unpredictable and dangerous – much like Umberlee and the seas which she commands. Gar gave his soul to the Bitch Queen when he was but a boy; he drowned his first man when he was only fourteen. And now he has fresh sacrifices for when they reach Spartan Isle – sacrifices for his altar to the mistress of the waves. He just hopes Borrick, the new captain of the Reavers Blood, can pull the crew together. Loyalties are divided and since Korman’s fall, Gar has heard the whispers of mutiny. But that doesn’t worry him – he knows Borrick will squelch any uprising and that will mean more wretches for the Bitch Queen.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As the first red streaks of dawn begin to lighten the sky, the longboats slow down. The sudden change in motion brings everyone awake and soon you can see the longboat with Lorin and Squint (and the egg) coming alongside. Even in the pre-dawn darkness, you can see Squint’s teeth – he’s grinning like a cat in a hen house again and you know what that means. “Thar she blows, lads!” he whispers, pointing ahead in the darkness. You look and blink for several moments before you finally make out a deep black shape in the darkness. It is the Reavers Blood and she is only 100 yards ahead of you!
“Dumathoin’s balls!” Dreys swears. “We found her!”
“That we did, lad,” Squint whispers in reply. “Just remember – sound carries out here so we have to be extra quiet to sneak in and catch ‘em unawares. Ready yer weapons now but then leave ‘em sheathed. And once I give the go ahead I don’t want to hear any talkin’, prayin’, fartin’, or movin’ around. Is that clear? That goes fer them damn animals too, Babelson!”
All of you agree and begin preparations for battle. You hearts begin racing and your mouth suddenly feels like it is full of cotton. Dreys closes his eyes and murmurs a prayer to Dumathoin…and tries again not to throw up.
The Reavers Blood continues slowly westward, its oars rising and falling in rhythm. And then all too soon Squint gives the order to move ahead. Lorin echoes it to his men, and they to the weary dolphins. The longboats lurch forward and you move toward the ship slowly at first and then faster. A half an hour later, by the grace of all of the good gods you know, the longboats ease up alongside the Reavers Blood near the stern. All is quiet except for the rise and fall of the oars and the sounds of the ship cutting through the waters.
You see no one on deck or in the crow’s nest, but you know the ship is well-guarded. In fact, you think you hear snatches of conversation above, but you still can’t see anyone. Three tritons begin a slow steady scaling of the stern of the ship, each carrying a thickly corded net; from your estimation, it seems they have done this before. Minutes seem like hours as they pass and you wait for the order to climb. The tritons secure the nets and give the signal to Lorin. Lorin turns to Squint and nods. Squint turns toward you, his face more serious than earlier. All he does is jerk his head in the direction of the net and you know what he wants.
Under cover of darkness the stout Dwarven captain begins to climb the net and you follow. The siege of the Reavers Blood has begun.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 23/23
Babelson – 40/40
Dreys – 37/37
Egret – 12/12
Mirko – 65/62
Red – 16/16
Squint – 31/28

Alright fellers - are ye ready? Talk to me and tell me what you plan to do once you scale the nets (or before if you are making spell preparations). I realize you can't see the deck of the ship yet, but you can at least tell me your plans when you reach the top. I will include a map of the ship in the first Quick Post.
If I don't hear from you by tomorrow, I'm gonna assume you are ready to rock and roll and will go ahead with the next post.
-g-
__________________


Last edited by hedgeknight; 10th of April, 2007 at 01:59.
  #2  
Unread 10th of April, 2007, 02:57
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Trying to hold back the dry heeving and the knot in his throat, Dreys readies himself for the upcoming battle. Dreys will wait his turn to climb the ropes to the deck. Once there he will look to see what is happening on deck. If he sees anyone on deck, which are the "bad" guys, he will approach them.

Grabbing his new battleaxe, Dreys thinks to himself, "lets see what yer made of."

OOC: I will add to Dreys' actions once we see what is happening and what the others are doing.


__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."



Last edited by scbeachbum; 10th of April, 2007 at 11:57.
  #3  
Unread 10th of April, 2007, 04:10
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
right here we go!
the way I see things we have more than one target once we get on the ship, fore most being freeing our comrades, besides they値l help taking over the ship if we free them soon enough, but we値l have to go through them bitches to get them first
Mego here saw there was a second in command who壇 probably痴 take over by now and some shaman fool,
Babel, Egret, try to get to the crew and free them,
Mego, Dreys and I will look to kill the second and the shaman or anything else that stands between us for that matter,
do what you think is best but if possible look for an opportunity for doing this

too late will these mothers learn to look for easier prey

Mirko double checks his armor and weapons unsheathing his blue steel knife and holding it in his jaw for easy access he値l climb to the deck of the ship,
he値l look to move stealthily towards the helm of the ship or what would be the captains quarters until the alarm is sounded then he値l move as fast as possible and start shedding the blood of his enemies
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #4  
Unread 10th of April, 2007, 13:08
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.49 per day)
Almego listens to Mirko and nods, although his thoughts are skeptical. I hate to send Babelson off without a warrior to watch his back. He looks and notices that Mirko didn't mention Squint in his plans. Surely Squint is coming aboard with us. "Why don't you go with Babelson and Egret Captain? You'd know best where upon a ship prisoners would be stored. Besides, they may need your axe-arm." He takes care to be silent as the night as he says this.

As he nears closer to the ship he has chills race down the length of his spine and he has sudden unbidden dark thoughts. I feel my brother, he is not dead, but upon this ship, or linked to it somehow. And again, the doubtful nagging of the sane part of his mind, if there is such a thing left in his head. Am I mad?

Before he begins climbing the nets he loads both of his pistols and reholsters them wanting them to be ready in case he has a need to call upon their almost magical power. Almego frees his rapier in it's sheathe and makes sure the trident upon his back is secure. Seeing all of his weapons in order he glances to make sure Mirko and Dreys are ready as well. Dressed in our battle gowns, off to the ball once more. Noticing that all is well he climbs the rope, quietly as possible, and makes his way to the decks of Reavers Blood.

When he sets foot upon the decks he keeps in close proximity of Mirko while drawing his rapier and peering into the the shadowy places for lurking guards. Where 'O where, is my Lady Death, Where 'O where could she Beee!
  #5  
Unread 11th of April, 2007, 12:24
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 1: Dark Shadows

Scenario 8 - Quick Post 1: Dark Shadows

Mirko, Almego, and Dreys are the first three up the nets; Lorin, Squint, Babelson, and Egret are in the second wave; Babelson is in the water with the dolphins and Egret is still in the boat; Squint and Lorin are about halfway up when the first three peer over the edge of the railing and view the deck of the Reavers Blood for the first time.
The deck is dark, very dark, and it is difficult to see things clearly, but there are shadows. Dreys eases up for a look and finds himself staring at the knees of a pirate leaning on a deck cannon! The man is snoring slightly and Dreys grins. Then, the man suddenly shakes himself awake, rubbing his eyes, and scratching his nuts. And as he staggers toward the railing, he fumbles at the laces on his pants...and Dreys eyes go wide when he realizes that if he doesn't move the pirate is gonna piss right in his face!

Mirko and Almego ease up for a look at the same time. Almego squints and peers into the darkness and is able to make out some dark shadows slightly in front of him. He eases over the railing with Mirko who seems to be more sure-footed. The sorcerer draws his rapier silently and peers at the shadows looking for hidden guards. Where 'O where, is my Lady Death, Where 'O where could she Beee!

Mirko blinks a few times in the darkness and can't believe how well he can see. He immediately sees two pirates standing near the wheel, whispering to each other; one is steering and the other is doing the whispering; both have their backs to him. Farther on he sees the lower deck which houses the weary rowers and above that the raised deck and the main mast. Leaning against the main mast is a stocky man wrapped in a dark cloak.

It seems you have made in on deck unawares.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Alright fellers - you have a surprise round! Use it wisely. Here is the initiative order after the surprise round: Lorin, Pirates, Mirko, Almego, Borrick/Gar, Tritons, Squint, Dreys, Babelson, and Egret.
I left Babelson and Egret down below - I have not heard from akiko or zachol, thus, I didn't know what they wanted to do.

Stats:
Almego 23/23

Babelson 40/40
Dreys 37/37
Egret 12/12
Mirko 65/62
Red 16/16
Squint 31/28

There you go! Talk to me - it's gonna be fast and nasty! Post, post, post!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reavers Blood 1.JPG (45.6 KB, 7 views)
__________________

  #6  
Unread 11th of April, 2007, 13:49
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.49 per day)
With rapier in hand Almego shimmies over the railing as quiet as he can and prepares a trick for the unsuspecting pirates. Waving his hand in a gesture that looks like he's miming little feet and letting the scrap of wool he has in that hand fall to be taken by the wind he mutters the arcane words, "audioso phant'asmi," setting into motion his ruse.

The sound of boots scraping against wood comes from the far side of the ship, opposite of where the party comes from, sounding like people are scaling the ship to get aboard. It sounds like a half-dozen or more men are scrabling up the side of the boat to come aboard. I just hope they didn't hear me casting. He motions to Dreys to push the pirate near him overboard while trying to maintain the surprise the party has gotten.

If the Pirates nearest the party turn to see what the commotion is where Almego centered his illusionary sounds, he'll sneak up to the two closest to the wheel, motioning for Mirko to follow suite. When the moment is right, with their backs still to us, Almego leaps forward, rapier extended, and impales the man upon his two feet of steel. From there he follows Mirko wherever he may lead.

If the pirates detect the ruse for what it is or spot us prematurely, Almego will let Dreys and Mirko engage the front-line while Almego hangs back until the new captain or their priest comes forward into view. Then he'll unload with his necromantic magics to weaken his foes.


(ooc: Cast Ghost Sound to make the above mentioned sounds, audible to those on deck. There's no scale, but I'm hoping to get it as far down the top side of the ship as possible. Somewhere between the labeled cannon and the one farther to the left of it is where I was guessing the sound would come from. My range is only 30ft. I only posted a partial action because if I'm remembering correctly, that's all a surprise round is. If it's a full round of actions though I'll just sink into the shadows next to the cannon I'm standing beside.)

Last edited by elmer_jok; 12th of April, 2007 at 01:03.
  #7  
Unread 11th of April, 2007, 14:47
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys sees the motion given to him by Almego, but he has something more "fun" in mind. Dreys grabs his new battleaxe and swings it upwards into the pirates crotch crushing and splitting his nut sack in half. In the same motion he will lift the pirate off the deck and throw him overboard. With a grin Dreys watches as the man's nuts splash into the water before he hits the water. Dreys will then climb over the railing hoping to still have the element of surprise.

Once the battle begins, Dreys will pick the closest enemy to him and attack. He will use the battle axe, "me got to see whach yer made of........" He will continue to attack whomever is nearest him, working his way towards where the dwarves are being held.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."



Last edited by scbeachbum; 12th of April, 2007 at 01:27.
  #8  
Unread 12th of April, 2007, 01:07
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.61 per day)
Egret climbs, somewhat unsure of himself, and looks around the deck.

As things begin to happen, he peers at Almego, figuring what he's doing, and follows with another iteration of the spell.
"The bow! Raiders, comin' on the starboard bow!"
Then, a second later, there are more sounds of people boarding, coming far from where they actually are, sounds like people attempting (but failing, but only just) to come up sneakily.

As the fight starts, and goes on, this continues, with the occasional cry of help, or of warning, from an apparent member of the crew.

(ghost sound, mostly to cause chaos)
  #9  
Unread 12th of April, 2007, 08:16
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko climbs on the deck, water dripping down his legs to his bare feet, he left his sandals on the boat in order to reduce the chance of noise, he moves stealthily towards the end the boat, his eyes focused on the cloaked figure leaning against the mast, he figures this could be the new captain and so should be the firt to go, cur off the head he thinks and continues moving as he takes the blue steel knife from his jaw and unsheathes his second knife,

OOC: Mirko will move stealthily as far as he can, he passes by other sailors trying to reach the cloaked figure leaning against the mast, he値l charge as soon as noise aletts the crew attacking with both his knives, if by any chance he dispatches that opponent he move towards the back of the ship looking to kill the next in comand
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #10  
Unread 12th of April, 2007, 10:57
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 2

Scenario 8 - Quick Post 2: Reavers Surprise!
Initiative Order: Lorin, Pirates, Mirko, Almego, Borrick/Gar, Tritons, Squint, Dreys, Babelson, and Egret.

Mirko climbs on the deck, water dripping down his legs to his bare feet (he left his sandals on the boat in order to reduce the chance of noise). He moves stealthily towards the end the boat, his eyes focused on the cloaked figure leaning against the mast. This could be the new captain and so should be the first to go; cut off the head…
As he moves, he takes the blue steel knife from his mouth and unsheathes his second blade.
With rapier in hand Almego shimmies over the railing as quiet as he can and prepares a trick for the unsuspecting pirates. Waving his hand in a gesture that looks like he's miming little feet and letting the scrap of wool he has in that hand fall to be taken by the wind he mutters the arcane words, "Audioso Phant'asmi," setting into motion his ruse.
Suddenly, the sound of boots scraping against wood comes from the far side of the ship, opposite of where the party comes from, sounding like people are scaling the ship to get aboard. It sounds like a half-dozen or more men are scrabbling up the side of the ship to come aboard. I just hope they didn't hear me casting. He motions to Dreys to push the pirate near him overboard while trying to maintain the surprise the party has gotten.

The pirates come to attention and shouts ring out across the deck; Almego smiles.
Dreys sees the motion given to him by Almego, but he has something more "fun" in mind. Dreys grabs his new battleaxe and swings it upwards into the pirate’s crotch crushing and splitting his nut sack in half! (D10) In the same motion, Dreys lifts the pirate off the deck and throws him overboard. With a grin Dreys watches as the man's nuts splash into the water before he hits the water. Dreys climbs over the railing hoping to still have the element of surprise.


Mirko rushes past the other sailors and heads straight for the cloaked figure who is now peering into the darkness, hands raised, chanting softly. With a snarl, the barbarian engages man, slashing at his gut and opening a deep wound (D6). The man hisses through his teeth, takes a step back and opens his mouth. A cone of concentrated sound slams into Mirko, knocking him to his knees, crushing the air from his lungs (D5). Mirko blinks in astonishment and sits back on his heels, his mind stunned from the burst.

Lorin leaps over the railing and Almego motions toward the two pirates closest to the wheel. The triton nods and charges, Almego right beside him. Lorin catches the pirate unawares and drives his trident completely through the man, killing him instantly (D9). The man’s strangled cry alerts his companion who turns to see Almego charging toward him. With a curse, the pirate pulls a cutlass from his belt and slashes at Almego. Almego dodges the clumsy attack and stabs at the pirate with his rapier, but misses.

The pirates quickly figure out that the sounds of people storming the ship are a ruse, and begin shouting for lights. The pirates on the raised deck, quickly light lanterns, driving away the shadows and revealing the “real” attackers who have stormed the railing. “All hands! All hands!” shouts a man who is charging toward the rear of the ship. “We are under attack, lads! It’s the same who slew yer captain!”
Pirates run for the deck cannons, pulling tinder twigs out and swiveling the cannons searching for targets. One of the cannons booms (pirate 4) and a hot lead ball the size of a man’s fist, whizzes by Lorin’s head. A crossbow bolt thuds in the deck at the triton’s foot and he smiles when he hears the pirate in the crow’s nest cursing his aim.


Dreys pulls himself over the railing and picks the closest enemy to him (pirate 4) and charges. “Me got to see what yer made of!” he growls, bringing his axe to bear on the man. With a Dwarven battle cry, Dreys buries his new axe in the pirate’s neck, nearly taking his head off! (D11) Blood spatters his face and he roars in battle lust and goes looking for another pirate.

Egret steps over the railing, somewhat unsure of himself, and looks around the deck. As things begin to happen, he peers at Almego, figuring what he's doing, and follows with another iteration of the spell.
"The bow! Raiders, comin' on the starboard bow!" he yells.
Then, a second later, there are more sounds of people boarding, coming far from where they actually are, sounds like people attempting (but failing, but only just) to come up sneakily.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Stats:
Almego – 23/23
Babelson – 40/40
Dreys – 37/37
Egret – 12/12
Mirko – 65/57 – stunned for 1 round
Red – 16/16
Squint – 31/28


Alright fellers - surprise round and 1st round done - whew! It took me almost three hours to type that up - the antibiotics and sweats are slowing me down. Next post tomorrow! Talk to me.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reavers Blood 2.JPG (47.2 KB, 5 views)
__________________


Last edited by hedgeknight; 12th of April, 2007 at 19:07.
  #11  
Unread 12th of April, 2007, 11:08
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
like a wild bear shaking off a thunder clap Mirko shakes his head, the fury with in him roars unleashing his might against the source of the pain

OOC: rage and go native with the fool! fiull attack untill he's dead then go with the next, let the bodies hit the floor!
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #12  
Unread 12th of April, 2007, 14:53
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.49 per day)
Almego tries to make quick work of the pirate facing him in melee then follows up the way he saw Mirko go. Gotta remember to take down their leaders first, the rest will give up. Seeing the giant of a man down the way he'll stop and wave his hands in an arcane gesture and point at Borrick. "Debil'itatius!" he says then thin corruscating grey ray leaps from Almego's outstretched hand towards the pirate. If he has more time before the pirate makes it to him he'll quickly draw forth his loaded pistol and fire it into the pirate's face. If Borrick makes it to Almego before he can get a shot off he'll begin parrying the pirates blows until either Dreys or one of the Tritons comes forth to help him.

(ooc: 15% arcane spell failure, ray of enfeeblement +7 ranged touch attack for 1d6+1 strength damage, full-defense if Borrick runs to attack me.)

Last edited by elmer_jok; 12th of April, 2007 at 14:56.
  #13  
Unread 12th of April, 2007, 22:06
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys grins with confidence in his new battleaxe. Dreys will continue forward to pirates 5 and 6. He runs straight to them swinging the mighty battleaxe.
"take a bite of me axe.....it be the last ye taste." with that said Dreys attacks both pirates. Dreys will continue to attack until they are dead then will focus on his next kill........
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #14  
Unread 12th of April, 2007, 23:16
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Scenario 8 - Quick Post 3: Great Balls of Fire!
Initiative Order: Lorin, Pirates, Mirko, Almego, Borrick/Gar, Tritons, Squint, Dreys, Babelson, and Egret.

Seeing that Mirko is in trouble, Lorin breaks into a clumsy run, heading for the raised deck. As he runs, he aims and hurls his trident at the priest standing over Mirko. And his aim is true for the trident strikes the man in the chest! (D14)
“Arrgh!” he cries, turning toward Lorin. “Damn you straight to hell! You will pay for your attack on this vessel!” the priest of Umberlee hisses, raising his hands and unleashing a wave of pain toward Lorin. The triton leader screams and falls to the deck, wracked with unbelievable pain – his hands blister and ooze fluid and his eyes fill with blood!
“Now kill them all!” cries the priest and the pirates attack in force!

Almego dodges his foe’s cutlass, but just barely and then drives his rapier through the man’s ribs and into his heart! (D6) As the pirate drops, Almego turns to see what happened to Mirko. Gotta remember to take down their leaders first, the rest will give up.
And then he sees a man speeding straight for him with a thick-bladed sword in hand.

Dreys turns aside a cutlass aimed for his head and allows his new breastplate to absorb the blow of the other. He grins with confidence in his new armor and battleaxe and says, "Take a bite of me axe.....it be the last ye taste." And he chops one of the pirate’s in the chest, dropping him to the deck (D6). Another pirate moves in, replacing the dead one and Dreys is faced with two foes again.

The deck cannons go off, sending balls of death sizzling through the air. Almego ducks as one sails close overhead. He hears Squint curse behind him and then he hears the creaking of the deck cannon as the Dwarven captain aims it to fire. Squint fires his deck cannon and has a direct hit on the one diagonally from him, blasting the cannon and the pirate to pieces!
One of the pirates (7) blows a hole in one of the longboats, leaving a triton guard dead in the water. And a bolt from the crows nest, takes another of the tritons in the head, dropping him instantly.
On the raised deck, the pirates move in on both Mirko and Lorin who are helpless to defend themselves. “Which should I bugger first?” leers one of the pirates. The priest points at Mirko and the pirate obliges by driving his cutlass deep into Mirko’s back (D8).

Borrick charges toward Almego and one of the tritons steps up to meet him…and pays for it with his life. The new captain of the Reaver’s Blood literally jumps over the triton, slashing him in the neck as he does so, nearly taking his head off! He lands in front of Almego and growls, “Your next, meat!”

Seeing the tritons drop around him, and knowing his spell is having little affect of distracting the pirates, Egret steps back toward the railing, hoping to avoid the ensuing melee. To his left he sees a pirate hastily reloading a deck cannon and in front of him, Almego is about to go toe-to-toe with a big warrior. What am I to do now? He wonders.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At the oars, Rafe and Lugg flinch at the explosions around them, especially the last one which rained pieces of hot metal and bloody flesh down upon them. Shackled to their benches, the rowers cannot hope to escape unless the oarmaster frees them. Beside Lugg sits a stout human bathed in sweat, but with alert eyes and ears. He turns to the sailor and whispers, “Something tells me things are about to change again around here!” Lugg nods and then flinches from the crack and sting of the whip that licks his bare shoulders. The other man, Raynal by name, flinches too and hisses through his teeth. Then he rolls his eyes to glare at the oarmaster standing over them. “Enough chit chat, ladies! Continue rowing until I tell ye to stop or ye drop dead! So help me if I hear another sound from any of ye, I’ll flay ye whar ye sit!”
Raynal glares at the man’s back and notes that the ring of keys, their freedom, hangs on the man’s belt…just out of arm’s reach.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 23/23
Babelson – 40/40
Dreys – 37/37
Egret – 12/12
Mirko – 65/49 - will Rage next round!
Red – 16/16
Squint – 31/28

This is indeed a quick post fellers - I know what Mirko and Dreys are doing next round, so you fellers don't need to post actions unless you want to. But I need to hear from the rest of you since your next actions can influence the outcome of the game and the survival/demise of your characters! And welcome back Noocytx! If you haven't already, check out Raynal in the characters thread.
akiko - you out there man?
Talk to me - the next post is gonna be good and bloody!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reavers Blood 3.JPG (49.4 KB, 7 views)
__________________

  #15  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 01:39
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
OOC: the following is for when you need it.........or Dreys makes it to then.

IC: Dreys will drop the two pirates in front of him. He glances up and sees Mirko in trouble.......he steps over the corpses and runs headlong into Mirko's fight, hoping to catch the priest from behind.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #16  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 03:09
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.61 per day)
Egret scans the boat, and notes the priest.

He mumbles, his hand going through some odd-looking motions, and launches two beams of force at the man.

(magic missle - two missles, 1d4+1 each)
  #17  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 04:29
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Raynal sits there and continues pulling on the oar, hearing the sounds of battle but not able to do anything about it.

Chains, I hate being chained. Five feet, all I would have to do is reach five feet and I could get those keys. Yell out for help? Hmmm ... There already is chaos, maybe I could help those against these fuckers that chained me up. I hate being locked up. Just let me be free again.

Finishing his thought, Raynal's lips slowly turns into a smile, realizing that those around might be able to help him in his current situation. Don't yell out just yet, not until those around may be able to take care of the man with the keys. My so called guard, oh how much I think of being able to give the killing blow to you. All those times that the whip came over and lashed me, you will feel in the moments that your final breath escapes from your lungs. You will die today, one way or another.

Another idea comes to him though, and he criticizes himself for not thinking of it earlier. "Let me free, I will fight. I will put my arrows to use to destroy the enemy." Not sure if that was the brightest idea, but willing to do anything to try to better his situation, Raynal braces himself for a lash from the whip.
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #18  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 04:29
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.49 per day)
Almego looks upon in horror as he sees the huge captain nearly behead the triton that stood up in defense of him. I didn't even know that man... uh... creature. Why'd it give it's life for me? He has a sadness come into him as Borrick quickly closes the distance with his leapord-like leap. "Squint! I need some cover!" he says over his shoulder while leaping backwards beyond the mans reach and tumbling back between Squint and the triton standing by the cannon, out of the mans reach. A little help guys, I'm not the hero Mirko is, that crazy bastard. I hope he fares well. He's dodging and using all his nimbleness to avoid the mans curved blade as if his life depended upon it, which it probably does. When he comes out of his tumble, his back to the railing, he quickly sheathes his rapier and in the same smooth motion points his finger at Borrick and utters some arcane words, "Debil'itatius!" A thin corruscating grey ray leaps from Almego's outstretched hand towards the pirate. Still filled with the necromantic power of death and with skin tingling like small icy tendrils tickle him the scene in front of him slows down a heartbeat while the young sorcerer draws forth both of his pistols, spinning them to the ready, and pointing them straight at the would-be-pirate-captain menacing him and his friends. "To hell with you," he says to Borrick, a moment before pulling both triggers simultaneously letting loose a thunderous roar from the barrels of his twin hand-cannons. I'll meet you there, keep the fire warm and ready for me.


(ooc: Dodge on Borrick. Move action to tumble (+6) to the area behind the cannon (the one that Squint is manning) and that triton (If I fail my tumble check, he gets AoO, but I still move). Free action as part of the move (I also have quickdraw anyhow) to sheathe Rapier. Cast Ray of Enfeeblement as a standard action, +7 ranged touch (1d6+1 Str damage). Next round I quickdraw out my pistols and use a full attack action to make an attack with both of them. I have two weapon fighting for a bonus of +5/+5 and whatever damage they do. AC 19 (20 vs Borrick) and AC 23 (24 vs Borrick) against AoO. I hope all this is a good idea.)
  #19  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 06:36
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 4

Scenario 8 - Quick Post 4: Things That Go Boom in the Night
Initiative Order: Lorin, Egret, Pirates, Mirko, Almego, Borrick/Gar, Tritons, Squint, Dreys, and Babelson.

Lorin screams in agony, his hands bubbling with sores and blood running from his eyes. Gar, priest of Umberlee stands over him and smiles. 添ou think that is bad, eh my slimy fish freak? You have no idea what I have in mind for you!
Egret scans the deck and notes the priest and decides on an action. He mumbles, his hand going through some odd-looking motions, and launches two beams of force at the man. The magic missiles sail unerringly toward Gar, striking him in the chest! (D9) The priest cries out in surprise and pain, staggering back and nearly falling off the raised deck. He looks up and yells, 典ake down that mage, now!
的知 on 訴m! comes the reply followed by the twang of a crossbow being fired.
鉄onuva! Egret curses, diving for cover as a bolt thuds into the railing, just missing.
He comes up near the deck cannon and looks up at the crows nest. He sees a shadowy figure up there and then hears the twang againfollowed by an intense fire in his shoulder (D4). Egret grabs the fletching of the bolt and yanks it from his flesh as he tries not to pass out. That痴 when he notices the tinder twigs in a small holster near the deck cannon. He grabs one, strikes it and wheels the cannon toward the crows nest. 滴ope this damn thing is loaded, he hisses through gritted teeth. He aims and touches the fire to the powder hole and the cannon booms. The crows nest explodes in shards of wood and flesh and bone that rain down upon the deck of the ship. Egret can稚 believe it, but doesn稚 have time to dwell on it as the pain in his shoulder causes his stomach to heave and he turns and 吐eeds the fishes his breakfast.

Faced with two pirates, Dreys does the only thing he can dofight! He knocks aside one pirate痴 blade, but the newcomer gives him a deep cut to the shoulder with his cutlass (D6). Dreys grunts and cuts the pirate down with a blow from his new axe (D10). 添er next, Dreys growls, sizing up the remaining pirate.
摘at steel, midget! the pirate sneers, slashing at Dreys. Dreys steps into the attack and the cutlass glances harmlessly off his new breastplate. 的 don稚 like ye callin me names! he says as he brings his battleaxe swiftly across the pirate痴 stomach, spilling his entrails out upon the deck (D11). Dreys steps over the dead pirates and runs toward Mirko, hoping to catch the priest from behind.

The deck cannon barks again as Pirate 7 aims for the longboat with the egg. His shot sails high, however, but explodes in the ocean sending a column of water to drench the longboat and Red and Mel. The manticore cub screeches in fright as Babelson climbs into the boat to calm him down. 敵uide the boat away from the cannon, the Hin says to the remaining tritons in the water. I have plans for that damn pirate!
As the pirate hurriedly reloads, Babelson opens himself up to the Oak Father, speaks a few words of power, fills his lungs full of airand blows. His breath is icy cold and when it touches the hot metal of the deck cannonthe steel cracks and shatters, ripping the pirate with shrapnel! Smiling, Babelson quickly grabs one of the oars and begins to climb.

Pirate 12 jerks his cutlass out of Mirko痴 backand plunges it in again (D6). The barbarian cries out in pain and falls toward the deck but catches himself with strong arms. 典his bugger won稚 die, priest! the pirate cackles, raising his blade again.
哲obut you will! the barbarian growls. Like a wild bear shaking off a thunder clap Mirko shakes his head and he roars with fury, unleashing his might against the source of the pain. He wheels on the pirate and guts him like a fish with the blue steel knife (D10).
He then slashes at the priest, but the man leaps out of the way, landing on the lower deck. Mirko crouches like a predator preparing to leap. Gar points his arm at the barbarian and cries out, 滴OLD! Mirko feels the divine power slam into him, threatening to lock his musclesbut with a growl and a roar of defiance, he refuses to be held! (OOC: Rage saved him from being held!)
Pirate 8 comes at him screaming like a banshee but Mirko leaps away. The pirate slashes at Mirko痴 legs but misses and then sees Lorin writhing in agony and decides upon an easier target.
Mirko crashes into the priest, driving the blue steel knife in the man痴 neck (D8). Gar screams as blood pumps from the wound and for the first time in years the arrogant priest of Umberlee is afraid. He summons her power, his hands glowing blue as he heals his wounds to buy him some more time.

Almego looks on in horror as he sees the huge captain nearly behead the triton that stood up in defense of him. I didn't even know that man... uh... creature. Why'd it give its life for me? He has a sadness come into him as Borrick quickly closes the distance with his lepoard-like leap. "Squint! I need some cover!" he says over his shoulder while leaping backwards beyond the man痴 reach and tumbling back between Squint and the triton standing by the cannon. A little help guys, I'm not the hero Mirko is, that crazy bastard. I hope he fares well. When he comes out of his tumble, his back to the railing, he quickly sheathes his rapier and in the same smooth motion points his finger at Borrick and utters some arcane words, "Debil'itatius!" A thin corruscating gray ray leaps from Almego's outstretched hand towards the pirate. But the ray misses the pirate completely.
的 got ye covered, lad! Squint yells, drawing his pistol and looking for a shot at the captain.
任over this! Borrick says, swinging his falchion two-handed and cutting Squint痴 arm nearly off at the shoulder! (D11) The pistol falls to the deck and Squint screams in agony as he tries to keep his arm attached to his body.
Blood sprays from the wound and Almego watches in horror as Borrick痴 face transforms from that of crazed captain to that of his brotherand back again. The triton rushes forward to protect Squint, jamming its trident at Borrick. The man snatches the trident and pulls the triton forward and chops it in the neck with his falchion (D10).
Still filled with the necromantic power of death and with skin tingling like small icy tendrils tickle him the scene in front of him slows down a heartbeat while the young sorcerer draws forth both of his pistols, spinning them to the ready, and pointing them straight at the would-be-pirate-captain menacing him and his friends. "To hell with you," he says to Borrick, a moment before pulling both triggers simultaneously letting loose a thunderous roar from the barrels of his twin hand-cannons. Blood spurts from a wound in Borrick痴 chest as one of the slugs slams into him, drilling a neat hole in his breastplate (D8).
鉄onuvabitch! Borrick yells, taking a step back. 的知 sending you to hell for that, you sorcerous prick!
I'll meet you there, keep the fire warm and ready for me.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Raynal sits there and continues pulling on the oar, hearing the sounds of battle but not able to do anything about it.
Chains, I hate being chained. Five feet, all I would have to do is reach five feet and I could get those keys. Yell out for help? Hmmm ... There already is chaos, maybe I could help those against these fuckers that chained me up. I hate being locked up. Just let me be free again.
Finishing his thought, Raynal's lips slowly curl into a smile, realizing that those around might be able to help him in his current situation. Don't yell out just yet, not until those around may be able to take care of the man with the keys. My so called guard, oh how much I think of being able to give the killing blow to you. All those times that the whip came over and lashed me, you will feel in the moments that your final breath escapes from your lungs. You will die today, one way or another.
Lugg nudges him and he glances at the sailor and raises his eyebrows questioningly.
展hat ye grinning 礎out? asks the gap-toothed man. 添e like the whip? Ye one of them bugger boys, are ye?
Raynal痴 smile disappears and he raises his arm to smash the rest of the man痴 teeth out, but then Lugg puts a grimy finger to his mouth and points down at his feet. Raynal glances down and Lugg gingerly pulls his feet out of his chains!
敵et him back over here and maybe we can take him down, eh?
Raynal nods as a plan comes to him and he criticizes himself for not thinking of it earlier. "Let me free, I will fight. He says aloud, bringing the oarmaster痴 attention back to him. 的 will put my arrows to use to destroy the enemy." Not sure if that was the brightest idea, but willing to do anything to try to better his situation, Raynal braces himself for a lash from the whip.
徹h ye will, eh, boy? the oarmaster sneers. 鄭nd how in the name of the Bitch Queen do ye expect to see yer target, boy, when me lash takes yer eyes out! he yells, drawing the whip back to strike. Suddenly, an explosion rocks the ship and the crows nest comes apart flinging shards of wood and flesh upon them. Everyone cowers and covers their headsand Lugg slides his chains to Raynal. Then the crazy sailor stands up and lunges at the oarmaster!
擢or Squint and The Orca! yells the sailor as he wraps his skinny legs and arms around the oarmaster痴 waist.
敵et off me, ye sea crab! roars the oarmasteras he turns his back to Raynal.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego 23/23
Babelson 40/40
Dreys 37/31
Egret 12/12
Mirko 65/43 Rage (Str 22 + 6 Dmg; 10 temp hp; +2 on Will saves; AC 17)
Red 16/16
Squint 31/17

Updated and ready to roll with the next post!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reavers Blood 4.JPG (49.3 KB, 8 views)
__________________


Last edited by hedgeknight; 13th of April, 2007 at 19:59.
  #20  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 09:31
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.61 per day)
Egret looks up, a hand flaring.
He mumbles, words that come naturally, reciting a spell he had seemed to have mastered from the start.

He looks around, watching the combat.
This is not efficient.

Muttering something else, he looks at the cannon.
Can't be that hard. Powder, some of that... stuffing, then the ball. Right? Right...
He stuffs the ingredients in a semblance of order, wheels it at the priest, and generally repeats what just occured, hoping for a recurrence of his recent success.
  #21  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 12:03
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.49 per day)
Almego spins his pistols around into his holsters with lightning speed as he thinks of what to do. First the fish creature, now Squint. At least he's not dead, yet. "Hang on there Captain," he glares at Borrick, "Not you... you... grrr," then turns slightly to call back over his shoulder, "Babelson. Looks like Captain Squint could use your help, hurry up short-legs!" Almego swings his pack over his shoulder and fishes out the potion he has had in the bottom since storming the manticore's lair, seemingly years ago, but only a few days back. He unstoppers the dangerous liquid and chugs it down. He grimaces at the taste, shakes his head and belches loudly. "We'll see who burns in hell first!" he shouts into the face of the man sporting his brothers face, "Die brother!" The young sorcerers face twists into a look of pure hatred and he pushes the triton aside from behind saying, "Out of the way friend," and steps up to open his mouth to belch forth flames into the bastards face. Let this madness leave me with this next ones death, or else please, Lady Death take me into your embrace. I can't take much more of this.

If the big cutlass-wielding pirate doesn't burn to death Almego spins his magical trident out of its loops on his back and uses it to parry Borricks next onslaught of blows. If Borrick swings on Squint he'll try to disrupt his attacks, protecting the old dwarf until Babelson makes it aboard to help him.

(I beleive it's a full round action to pull something from your pack. Dodge still on Borrick. Then move action to push triton and standard action to breathe fire. Full defense (+4 AC) if borrick appears to be swinging on me, aid another if it looks like he's swinging on Squint. Sense Motive check (+0) to make my best guess as to his actions. (I'm assuming he'll swing on me) Great work on the post coffee. I'm loving this battle.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #22  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 20:52
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
The stupid toothless guy knows what to do. That did feel good, getting rid of my rage on him. Now to extract a little payback.

Raynal slowly picks up the chains, wrapping them tightly around his hand and ready to use them similar to the punishment he has been receiving from the oarmaster. Seeing the man next to him charge at the would be guard, Raynal rushes as well, bringing his new found "weapon" to bear against the newfound enemy.

"You should have taken my deal" Raynal says with a smile as he whips the chain about, using his skills with weaponry as best as he can. It isn't a bow and arrow, but this man will be punished for the crimes he committed against me. Looking at the man that charged the oarmaster as well, he states, "We can take down this guy no problem, just work together."

OOC: Grab chains, use to attack the oarmaster. Set self up in best position (flanking if possible).


__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-

Last edited by Noocytx; 14th of April, 2007 at 01:18.
  #23  
Unread 14th of April, 2007, 04:39
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 5

Scenario 8 - Quick Post 5: Flames of Freedom!
Initiative Order: Lorin, Egret, Pirates, Mirko, Almego, Borrick/Gar, Tritons, Squint, Dreys, and Babelson.

“For Squint and The Orca!” yells the sailor as he wraps his skinny legs and arms around the oarmaster’s waist.
“Get off me, ye sea crab!” roars the oarmaster…as he turns his back to Raynal.
The stupid toothless guy knows what to do. That did feel good, getting rid of my rage on him. Now to extract a little payback.
Raynal slowly picks up the chains, wrapping them tightly around his hand and ready to use them similar to the punishment he has been receiving from the oarmaster. Seeing the man next to him charge at the would be guard, Raynal rushes as well, bringing his new found "weapon" to bear against the oarmaster. It isn't a bow and arrow, but this man will be punished for the crimes he committed against me.
"You should have taken my deal" Raynal says with a smile as he whips the chain about, using his skills with weaponry as best as he can.

“Behind ye, Sid!” Pirate 9 shouts, trying to warn the oarmaster. But Raynal’s arm is fast and the shackle on the end of the chain slams into the oarmaster’s face, breaking his nose and knocking out several of his teeth! (D8).
The pirate staggers and almost falls, but then swiftly, he backhands Raynal across the face, knocking him to the ground (D7).
Pirate 9 moves to finish of Raynal but two rowers grab at him, one latching onto his leg, the other onto his shirt. He cries out in frustration and chops one of the rowers in the head with his cutlass, killing the man instantly.
The other holds on long enough for Raynal to get to his knees. Seeing the determination of the two rowers, one gave his life for a chance at freedom, Raynal wipes the blood from his mouth and says,"We can take down these guys no problem, just work together…for your freedom!”
Pirate 9 jerks away from his assailant, tearing much of his shirt in the process, and comes at Raynal with his bloody cutlass. Raynal gauges the man’s moves and waits until he commits himself, then lashes out with the shackles. The clamp brains the pirate, felling him like a tree (D8).
The oarmaster cries out as the rowers pull him down and begin to beat him to a pulp. And for the first time in three months, Raynal allows himself to feel the hope of freedom.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As screams of men dying ring across the deck of the Reavers Blood, Egret looks up, a hand flaring. He mumbles, words that come naturally, reciting a spell he had seemed to have mastered from the start. He looks around, watching the combat.
This is not efficient.
Muttering something else, he looks at the cannon. Can't be that hard. Powder, some of that... stuffing, then the ball. Right? Right...
He stuffs the ingredients in a semblance of order, wheels it at the priest, and takes aim, hoping for a recurrence of his recent success. He takes aim and is about to set tinder to powder when he notices Dreys running toward the priest, his battle axe held high.

“Damn him!” Egret mutters, looking for another target…and finds one.
Pirate 8, bloody sword in hand, has Lorin by the hair and is lifting him up for the death cut. Egret aims and then just before he lights the powder, he yells, “HEADS UP!”
Pirate 8 looks up just as the deck cannon fires. When the smoke clears, Egret steps out to look and his jaw nearly hits the deck. A headless pirate 8 stands over the huddled triton leader, blood spraying from its neck, cutlass slipping from its fingers. And then its legs realize that its head is gone and they buckle and send the body sprawling to the deck. Egret pats the cannon and jerks back scorched fingers, stuffing them in his mouth.
“Damn good shot!” Babelson says, crawling up on deck from the rower’s level. “Wonder if you can somehow carry one of those around?” he grins, looking over the carnage.

Enraged and with the scent of the priest’s blood coursing through him, Mirko lunges and drives the blue steel blade again into his stomach, eliciting a howl of agony (D10).
The priest of Umberlee swiftly pulls a three-flanged mace from his belt and mutters arcane words. The head of the mace bursts into flames as he brings it up and around at Mirko. The mace slams into Mirko’s head, spinning him around and burning off a patch of his scalp (D10).
“Hah!” Gar says, happy with his attack on the barbarian…but then he notices the sound of running boots coming his way and he manages a half-turn when hears, “STONESHAFT!” and feels the bite of a battleaxe crush his lower back and left kidney (D10).
“Damn you all to hell!” Gar roars, but it is Mirko who answers…but leaping upon the man and driving his blade deep into his neck! (C14) Mirko rides the priest to the ground and stabs him again…and a third time for good measure.
He then leaps up and roars like an angry bear claiming his prey.
“YEAAAHHH!!!” Dreys yells along with him, shaking his bloody axe in the air. “Death to all you pirate pricks!”

Almego spins his pistols around into his holsters with lightning speed as he thinks of what to do. First the fish creature, now Squint. At least he's not dead, yet. "Hang on there Captain," he glares at Borrick, "Not you... you... grrr," then turns slightly to call back over his shoulder, "Babelson. Looks like Captain Squint could use your help, hurry up short-legs!" Almego swings his pack over his shoulder and fishes out the potion he has had in the bottom since storming the manticore's lair, seemingly years ago, but only a few days back. He unstoppers the dangerous liquid and chugs it down. He grimaces at the taste, shakes his head and belches loudly.
Borrick growls in fury and lunges at Almego, swinging the massive falchion in both hands. Almego sees the blade coming and twists out of the way as it slices past him and carves a chunk out of the railing.
The triton picks up his trident and runs at Borrick before the pirate can regain his balance but Borrick is surprisingly quick and grabs the trident’s haft, jerks and lifts the triton into the air, vaulting him over the railing and into the ocean!
Borrick gathers his feet under him and glares at Almego, taking a cautious step toward the sorcerer. “I’m gonna bugger you a new asshole before I send you to hell!”
As Almego is about to respond, he catches a glimpse of Squint out of the corner of his eye and can’t believe what he is seeing. Borrick notes the look and wheels to face the barrel of Squint’s pistol.
“Bugger this you fuck!” Squint growls.
Borrick turns just as Squint fires and the bullet hits the pirate captain behind the left ear and blows out the back of his skull and a chunk of his brain with it! (C14)
Borrick staggers and blinks several times, his mouth working, but no sound coming out. Almego sees his chance and steps toward the pirate.
"We'll see who burns in hell first!" he shouts at the man sporting his brother’s face, "Die brother!" The young sorcerers face twists into a look of pure hatred and he opens his mouth to belch forth flames into the bastards face! (D14)
As the fire engulfs Borrick, Almego can’t help but break into maniacal laughter.
Let this madness leave me with this next ones death, or else please, Lady Death take me into your embrace. I can't take much more of this.
“Give the bastard another dose, lad,” comes Squint’s stern voice, cutting through the madness in Almego’s mind. “He ain’t down yet!”
Sure enough, Almego snaps out of his thoughts and sees the somehow Borrick is still standing! Incensed, Almego steps forward and belches another gout of fire on the man (D15). He thinks he hears Borrick scream as his flesh sizzles and bursts and he falls face down on the deck twitching slightly.
Babelson and Egret come running up staring incredulously at first Squint, then Almego, then the burning pirate. The stench of charred flesh and hair fills the air and Egret turns green again and heads for the railing.
Babelson feels a little dizzy himself, but then Squint grabs him by the arm and shakes him. “Come now lad, it’s just like roasting meat over a campfire!” he says with a grin.
Babelson glances at Squint, then back at the roasting pirate, swallows hard, then joins Egret at the railing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 23/23 (One use remaining on the potion)
Babelson – 40/40
Dreys – 37/31
Egret – 12/12
Mirko – 65/33 – Rage (Str 22 + 6 Dmg; 10 temp hp; +2 on Will saves; AC 17)
Raynal – 18/9
Squint – 31/17

Hot damn, fellers! How's that for a finale?
Great posts and actions - I sure enjoyed myself on this one. There's still plenty to do, however, so talk to me in OOC or here about your character's next moves.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reavers Blood 5.JPG (49.3 KB, 7 views)
__________________

  #24  
Unread 14th of April, 2007, 06:33
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.49 per day)
Almego feels numb, he steps forward still cackling like a mad man and looks down upon the charred remains of the pirate. No, not the pirate... my Brother! He steps forward to stand menacingly over the body and bends over to the waist and blows another flame from his gut square into the face of the already burning skull. "Taste hell and rejoice that I can't kill you but once." he says with a shaky voice as his laughs die down to a sort of sobbing sound. Stephen never went down easy.

The young man, blood-stained and sweating, finally looks around to gather in his surroundings. He momentarily forgot where he was and a fist of panice started to close around his heart before he saw Mirko up-deck savaging the mutilated corpse of the Priest. His cheeks turn red, what a fool I've been making of myself, they must think me possessed, and he looks around and stammers, "S-s-sorry... I... uh, lost control of myself." His cheeks flush a deep red, This is worse than when momma caught me beating up the Smithson's boy, Randy. Almego looks at Babelson and says, "Glad to see you didn't die, I saw one of the boats get blasted. I think Squint's hurting pretty badly, and knowing Mirko, he is as well." Then he notices that things are getting quite hot around his feet as the numbness starts to drain from his body and fatigue starts to set in. He looks down and sees that he's standing over the still burning corpse of that pirate, that pirate that wore his brother's face. Almego quickly jumps back and begins patting out his smoldering breaches and cloak, cursing as he slaps the tender flesh beneath. So mad I near stood within a flame and went to join that bastard in hell, maybe I should see a healer about this...
  #25  
Unread 14th of April, 2007, 08:39
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Freedom. ... What do I do with this freedom. For the first time in three months, I can say that I am free. I can escape. I will be able to feet at ease once again. Raynal picks up the keys off the oarmaster, and frees himself from the locks that have binded him for too long. He sets off for his stuff, to once again be comfortable with his hunting supplies. He picks up his bows, and feels it's perfect weight and gently pulls the string back to feel the tension and precision it holds.

Where do I go now? What to do? Who saved us? Who did come here? Other pirates? I hate pirates. Am I to be a slave again. I will not be a slave. No matter what. ...

Raynal sets off for the victors of the battle, looking to find someone that will listen to him. "Congratulations on a battle well fought. This day was bloody, and it seems freedom was won for many people. Today, I have tasted freedom. I wish to know if that freedom is forfeit, and if I will become a slave of your crew?" I so hate pirates."Now that I have tasted freedom once again, I won't come willingly. Although I am better at archery than in close combat, I am a skilled warrior. I believe there has been enough bloodshed for the day, and wish that you will let us prisoners free. Maybe we could be of some use somehow, but please don't label us as slaves. Maybe we could enter some sort of partnership or friendship of sorts." With his closing comment, Raynal extends his hand in the form of a handshake for anyone willing to take it.
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren