Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Unread 24th of August, 2010, 06:22
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

Member: #1704
That is something I can do without, thank you, I smirk back at Malak. I have enough scars as it is.
Unread 24th of August, 2010, 12:31
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Member: #2781
I nudge OmniFrost, but don't interrupt.
Unread 24th of August, 2010, 12:57
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
Mizuki and OmniFrost -

Mab nods with a bit of a frown, pondering.

<Oh, it's pretty terrible in here. I mean, we're in no danger of dying, that's not it, and the blistering orb isn't beating us down. But there's something about being imprisoned that makes one... less alive, I suppose
Now, it's a prison by design, that's what I think, but I don't know why. There are spots that, when the time is right, produce food and water, and there's enough living space, I suppose. I've, well, we've ventured all around here, in every nook and cranny that we can find, roamed downstairs, every door we could open. Now, I don't know, but either we aren't meant to get out, or there's a trick, and the trickster's been too damned sneaky about it. The doors, for example. I picked that front door you walked through plain as a breeze. It's just a closet. I popped the trapdoor... er... right over there -

She gestures to the top of the ceiling -

And it's an attic. The cellar's full of old junk, but I don't know what to make of it. I don't know any of it. Could be furniture, could be firewood. I really dunno.>

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 25th of August, 2010, 01:33
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
I'm listening, but also glance at Mizuki, to see what she needs.
Unread 27th of August, 2010, 21:13
Chris Chandler

You'd be able to see the message quickly enough without seeming rude to Mab.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 28th of August, 2010, 02:09
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

I pause. "Hmmmmm"

Then respond casually, as if I thinking, and just absently moving my hand/fingers at my side. <Yes. Same.>

"I don't know, perhaps we should start with rechecking the rooms for more secret passages after tea. What do you think Mizuki?"
Unread 28th of August, 2010, 06:22
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Member: #2980
<How many new companions? If symbols drawn on a shared surface cross these boundaries, can they be made magical to connect the layers or unify them?>

I look up to Aros, They are safe, held within another layer, with company. How many layers to this trap are there though?

I stand and quickly reconnoiter the room sifting through tracks, attemting to discern those most recent and the possible actions of each. I am trying to determine which tracks go with other tracks, to determine how many layers there may be and how many within.
Unread 29th of August, 2010, 22:16
Doombot

I don't know. I've never seen so many pockets layered next to each other. I may be able to open another pocket and force these back together, but it could have dire consequences. I'm not willing to risk that unless certain death is our only other option.
Unread 30th of August, 2010, 01:13
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"I think where there's a will there's a way. We'll get you out of here, I am confident." I smile at our companions, and relax and enjoy the tea.
Unread 31st of August, 2010, 02:43
Chris Chandler

((Is Malak's <> communication to OmniFrost?))

Well, it is good tea - a soothing bit of calmness to offset the clamour around you.

Mab smiles and looks serene. Her companion sips at his tea, and marvels at the flavor. he seems to calm as well, finally sitting down.

<There's nothing here can hurt us... just no where to go, so exploring seems fine with me. Another pair of eyes or two never did any harm.>

Unread 31st of August, 2010, 04:13
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Originally Posted by Chris Chandler # ((Is Malak's <> communication to OmniFrost?))
((yes, sorry if I wasn't clear))
Unread 31st of August, 2010, 04:46
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

((Sorry, I knew they were meant for me but I had to work Friday night and Saturday, so I never got back to respond.))

I enjoy my tea as well and casually doddle.

<2> <maybe>

"We will deal with that in a bit."
Unread 31st of August, 2010, 06:08
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

I wipe the ground clear and write again, <I will track you when you move next and wait until then to speak further, when you can be more free with words.>

I stand up, and wait, knowing that it will likely be a while. She is unable to speak freely at this time, so we will have to wait until she has a moment. I suggest that we wait before investigating below.
Unread 31st of August, 2010, 21:34
Doombot

I nod assent to Malak's plan, and settle down to wait.
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 11:36
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

How's Scratch doing? Also, willing to reveal or no?
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 12:00
Chris Chandler

Scratch lets you know that it's fine to appear and that she is doing, basically, what Malak had been doing earlier, that is trying to follow phantom footsteps.

Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 05:29
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Okay, then..

After sharing tea with our fellow lost in spacers, "I wonder if these guys are actually trapped here or are they part of an illusion. I mean, multi-layer pocket realms are the work of powerful beings. It would be easier for someone to simply make it appear that we've traveled to the etheral, and are stuck. Hmm."

"So shall we have a look around Mizuki while our friends finish their tea?" I stand up while asking the question.
Unread 7th of September, 2010, 10:06
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

After a long pause (enjoying the tea, no doubt ) I stand as well, stretching.

"Yes. Let's see what there is to see."
Unread 7th of September, 2010, 12:09
Chris Chandler

Mab gasps in excitement as Scratch fades into view, her tail curling loosely around Mizuki. Scratch smiles a toothy grin and greets the two halflings.

I am Scratch, Mizuki's sister, and do not be alarmed - I have not eaten a halfling since the incident with the sealing wax and the wereboar, and it was a complete accident in any case. I thought he was a muskrat.

Mab's companion gulps and fingers his weapon again, but Mab laughs and waves him off.

<Th' godlet is tugging the hem of yer jerkin. She's likely not ever eaten halfling.>

That I know of...

That she knows of. See? Nothing to worry with, and besides, what would you, could you do in any case, but give her actual cause to try a taste?

Mab then gives an appropriate seeming bow, and then replies to OmniFrost.

Yes, that sounds lovely. Take in the grand tour of the abode and see if there is a pebble to be missed. I truly hope that your eyes are keener, but I've been known to tell husband from wife amongst hempflies.

She laughs and speaks to her companion in a sauntering tongue, unfamiliar, and he chuckles and shrugs, and then sits and makes a decent attempt to relax.

Unread 10th of September, 2010, 11:41
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

I start simple. I walk around, and look around.
Unread 13th of September, 2010, 00:36
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Well, let's start with the physical surface, without doing any digging. I slowly search, stem to stern. Not much ground to cover, really.
Unread 14th of September, 2010, 12:28
Chris Chandler

It's true, and that is to your benefit. The hovel is small and really only consists of two rooms, a lower and an upper story, and then a basement, and to be frank, has been pawed over a number of times. This makes it easy to see those places that, for whatever reason, were overlooked.

The trapdoor down is readily seen, but what is not so easily noticeable is a false floor designed to fit into the flagstones of the floor quite nicely. With the dirt covering it's indistinguishable from the rest of the floor. Mizuki, you only notice the slightest bit of an hollowness to your steps near the rear wall, and without digging can tell that there is likely some sort of chamber of spider hole beneath your feet.

OmniFrost, you will uncover a false panel in one of the walls, and it is quite shallow, only an inch or so deep. Within it, you will find a papyrus, rolled tight. It is contained in a sort of lock, with metal caps on each end, chains down the length connecting them and a central band of metal, which has runes etched upon it. You can see the papyrus, but could not remove it from its prison without tearing it. You can determine strong abjurative magic upon it, a powerful protective ward.

Unread 15th of September, 2010, 10:20
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

I look over at Mizuki, "Here's something interesting. It looks like it's in there pretty good, and guarded with some abjurative magicks. What do you think?"
Unread 15th of September, 2010, 11:48
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"Funny the things people overlook. I've got a spider hole beneath my feet over here, too.

You know, if we get to Aros, we could break the protective magicks pretty easily. Or, rather than wait on them, I could just see if I could bear the brunt of it, if you want to see what happens. I can take a good bit. Or you know, we could take turns dispelling it, if we want to be old fashioned about it."

I grin.
Unread 16th of September, 2010, 05:45
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

I think it over quickly. "Well, I always love a good show, but I'm concerned that might destroy the papyrus as well. To get to Aros, we would need to break down the walls in this pocket realm, which I'm still not convinced isn't just an elaborate illusion.... Sounds like we start with the old fashioned way. Care to take the lead?" I motion to the item as I step back slightly.