Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Reply
Thread Tools
  #251  
Unread 4th of March, 2011, 08:47
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
One of us needs to run interference on this side. Can you track him with Detect Magic? If not, we should switch places.

*whack, whack, whack*
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Unread 4th of March, 2011, 14:44
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
Mizuki, you are effectively surrounded by ooze, but you might as well be in another continent. Maybe if the creatures had eyes and... a recognizable nervous system. By any means, once you protect yourself further with divine energy, the puddings don't have a prayer.

OmniFrost. You send another volley into the oozes, and they split yet again. At this point there are 7 largish black puddings, all milling about and trying to close on Mizuki's position. You can definitely tell, though, that you are damaging them.

Malak, you take an enormous swipe at the front flank of skeletons, who weather the spread offensive fairly. The filled second rank proceeds to try and hem you in (you can tell that none are actually trying to hit you, but are rather trying to impair your mobility). The front rank drop weapons and dive at you, all at once. Now, with such a concerted effort, you would think that this would be a tactically wise maneuver, trying a wolfpack attack upon a bear. The four grab hold, but cannot bring you down. They begin circling around you, preparing for another attack. The second rank steps forward, and the remaining soldier of the third rank turns to face Aros.

Aros. The deathless soldiers try a similar tactic, swarming you to try and pin you down. They do not understand, however, that you are well versed in close-quarter fighting, and easily avoid their rush. Holding your ground, you focus your energy on a single warrior and are easily able to dispatch it. You will note with this attack that your particular talents in regard to the arcane are in full effect against these creatures.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Unread 8th of March, 2011, 13:15
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
"Are you just messing with me, or what? This is getting kind of silly." I laugh at OmniFrost as I dance and feint amongst the oozes. Just keeping their attention on me is my goal.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Unread 9th of March, 2011, 09:37
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
I smile, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you wanted to bigger challenge." The grin continues until the first arrow reloads, at which time I turn and fire them at one of the skeletons.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Unread 11th of March, 2011, 13:56
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
((waiting on Aros and Malak to move the action a bit more))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Unread 11th of March, 2011, 15:25
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
(waiting on Aros)
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Unread 11th of March, 2011, 23:02
Doombot's Avatar
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1704
Location: Spartan Country
Posts: 3,964 (0.88 per day)
I did not think such an insubstantial creature could even be tracked. But if you are confident that you can do so, then we shall switch positions.

(If Malak still thinks he can do it, I'll swap with him. And crush a few skeletons along the way.)
__________________
"thank that Doombot guy for making you grow a beard. You looked like an idiot without one." -- treehouse's wife
The Gold Standard for Creepy - .9999 pure.
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Unread 16th of March, 2011, 03:32
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
I'll have to take a closer look. Switch me, then?

Do-si-do with Aros, whuppin Boney Ass along the way.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Unread 16th of March, 2011, 12:21
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
That maneuver will actually clear out the a number of the skeletal warriors. OmniFrost unloads a flight into one warrior, crumbling it, and both Aros and Malak press through the melee and switch sides, taking two warriors down apiece.

As soon as Aros reaches the center of the melee, the leader reappears, and looks around in confusion as Malak approaches. So, Aros is now standing relatively near OmniFrost, and Malak is standing next to the funerary commander. There are seven warriors remaining, each of whom are beaten and battered.

Mizuki, there are several smaller oozes about you, and they all try and absorb you, but fail to make any sort of purchase as you make yourself an irresistible target.

The warriors remaining glance back toward their commander, who barks a command, and they prepare to fall back, first stepping away from Aros and making a concerted effort to attack Malak. He, and subsequently Aros, Omni, and Scratch each, takes only superficial wounds. The commander tries to step away from Malak, though there is no attempt at a spell at this point.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Unread 16th of March, 2011, 14:49
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
When the first arrow returns, place it back in the quiver. When the second returns, leave it ready to fire, and take a long deliberate aim at the leader. Slow my breathing to a steady rhythm. The corner of my lips turn upward slightly, as I enjoy the stretch and burn that I haven't felt for too long. I'll wait for Malak to need help before firing a full volley if need be.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Unread 17th of March, 2011, 01:49
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
Yeah. I'll take an attack of opportunity on the leader if he provokes. If I can't, chase and ready attack to disrupt spellcasting.

Last edited by MadDogMaddux; 25th of March, 2011 at 05:54.
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Unread 17th of March, 2011, 14:10
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
I'll lay on the flames again, this time on the oozes.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Unread 22nd of March, 2011, 13:31
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
((Aros?))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Unread 23rd of March, 2011, 04:45
Doombot's Avatar
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1704
Location: Spartan Country
Posts: 3,964 (0.88 per day)
I'll mop up the skeletal warriors until and unless Malak needs help with their leader. Mizuki seems to be doing just fine with the oozes on her own, and Omni seems content with her bow.
__________________
"thank that Doombot guy for making you grow a beard. You looked like an idiot without one." -- treehouse's wife
The Gold Standard for Creepy - .9999 pure.
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Unread 23rd of March, 2011, 10:59
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
Okay, the battle is quite in hand at this point. Mizuki brashly brings forth holy flames on top of her head and then stands, unscathed, as the oozes sizzle and pop and trouble her no more.

OmniFrost, you hold ready for Malak's need.

Malak, the creature does try to move away from you and then it attempts to call forth a spell. Fey energy envelops his hand, which gives you the chance to lay him low. You let forth a burdensome heave of your blade and make his right arm unusable. Fortunately (for the creature), it didn't need that arm, and manages to complete the spell (though you are certain that it is badly injured). It reaches down to the ground, touching the stone floor. Immediately before you the stone forms itself into a twisted spire - a stony prison, which you barely avoid! The skeletal warriors use the moment to once again bring you down to the ground as they withdraw. The pressing weight of the undead brings you to your knees, but they move away. Malak, even on the ground you are a fearsome opponent, and you manage to break apart one of the withdrawing soldiers with a backhanded swipe.

Aros, you shatter one myrmidon as it completes its fighting withdraw, but now you are faced with no immediate targets. You step toward the sprawled form of Malak and dispatch a second. Four remain, surrounding their commander.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Unread 24th of March, 2011, 05:49
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
"Whew, that stinks."

I remove myself from the center of the smoldering oozes, taking a step towards the action, while scanning the darkness for any more evil.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Unread 25th of March, 2011, 08:30
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
((As a note, Omni is waiting for any need. I see Malak has a question in OoC, and upon that resolution Omni will act accordingly, but I just wanted to be sure to clarify. For example, if Malak were to be knocked down Omni would fire to keep the big bad from taking advantage of this.))
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Unread 25th of March, 2011, 11:28
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
((I thought that might be the case. Once Malak's action is resolved, I'll fold Omni's intent into the mix.))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Unread 28th of March, 2011, 06:26
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
Stand, ready action to disrupt spellcasting with manyshotx4 arrows into the caster.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Unread 28th of March, 2011, 14:19
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
After shattering one more skeletal warrior, Omni, you enable Malak to freely stand. Malak, you ready your shot and Aros joins you, staggering your flank slightly. The bandaged creature cries out and exhorts the lot of you, though none of you know what it is saying. It seems to be calling you out. The remaining undead warriors surround their sepulchuran commandant protectively. None of them are in any shape to fight.

Omni, you hear a phrase from the creature that sounds like it may be related to the Druidic tongue, which you picked up during your travels. There are words, though not turns of phrase, that seem almost familiar. You still can't tell what the creature is saying, mind you, but you heard it say the druidic word for "travelers".
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Unread 29th of March, 2011, 09:07
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
"Crap!", I exclaim to myself.

"Hold on guys! Give me a second, but don't take your aim off."

I tell the leader in Druidic, "I understand this language. Don't move or my friends will finish you off. Tell me now what you want!"
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Unread 29th of March, 2011, 13:10
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
"Okay." I hold my action.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Unread 30th of March, 2011, 00:24
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
*grunt*
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Unread 30th of March, 2011, 03:42
Doombot's Avatar
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1704
Location: Spartan Country
Posts: 3,964 (0.88 per day)
I raise an eyebrow, but hold steady.
__________________
"thank that Doombot guy for making you grow a beard. You looked like an idiot without one." -- treehouse's wife
The Gold Standard for Creepy - .9999 pure.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Unread 30th of March, 2011, 12:54
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
The creature tosses it's hands in frustration and then points to its cohorts, who all simply stare at Omni. The leader nods with a curt bow and then speaks in Druidic -

<Sister of the vine and bog, call off your pets that we may parlay.>
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren