Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Church's Games > Masquerade

Unread 6th of April, 2013, 04:35
InThisMoment
Ghoul

Member: #10481
"Grazie, il mio angelo" Thankful for the warning, Ize shut down her hypersensitive eyesight so as not to be dazzled by the light. As her "normal" preternatural sight returned she concentrated on smelling the vitae, someone had definitely gone to town on the staircase.

Unread 8th of April, 2013, 19:16
Church
Spectre [GM]

Member: #10480
A flick of Gabriel's wrist caused the light switch to twitch, and the descending stairway was bathed in a faded, golden glow. The boards underfoot were made of solid, but aging, wood, and they creaked bravely beneath the weight of the vampire as he started down the passage before him.

The basement was the length of the house, and so was considerable in size. Bits and pieces of household articles, ranging from stores of paint and miscellaneous trinkets to faded carpets and furniture, lined the walls, and a washing machine lay adjacent to the stairs. The light overhead was a standard one with a standard bulb, and so there lay an abundance of shadows about the room that such an under-powered tool could not expel.

But there was no sign that Gabriel could notice that betrayed the place to be a Kindred's habitat. Whilst little light could penetrate the basement from the outside world, the doorway leading to it bore no locks or bar to entry, and the room was otherwise barren of things that would make it comfortable to stay in.

Isabella, for her part, had not followed the Toreador down into the basement, but had given her focus towards the staircase leading further upward. Even without her Heightened Senses she could smell the tell-tale, coppery taste of blood on her tongue - and upon approaching the stairs, she deduced that the sweet aroma was bore from a room above her, and not from the stairs themselves.

The curtains, drawn against the outside world, were illuminated for the briefest of moments as a car rolled lazily down the street outside. It passed the house without stopping, and the room was again cast back into shadow.

Unread 10th of April, 2013, 19:17
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

Member: #1110
"Hmpf," Gabriel snorted. "So much for the easy way, eh?" he asked. "Let's try upstairs shall we?" He turned off the light, turning and pausing to see that Ize had stopped at the stairs.

"So, upstairs is it?" he asked. "Do you want me to go first?"
Unread 14th of April, 2013, 06:57
InThisMoment
Ghoul

She looked over her shoulder and watched as her companions search bore no fruit, smirking as he snorted. There were few things that gave her more pleasure in unlife than to watch a Toreador get their feathers ruffled. As he approached her she turned towards the stairs and looked up to the landing to the bedroom above, eyes wide like a spellbound child.

"So, upstairs is it?" She nodded and closed her eyes, breathing in deeply. When her eyes opened they appeared darker, hungrier. She was glad to have fed the night before. Such wanton bloodshed. "Do you want me to go first?", "No need." She purred and beckoned to him, stepping lightly up the stairwell. As she reached the landing she stopped and briefly scented the air and tried to ascertain through which way was the source.
Unread 18th of April, 2013, 17:05
Church
Spectre [GM]

The scent of blood was faint, even here upon the stairwell, but its presence was unmistakable to the Kindred. As the two predators began to ascend, it became more pressing, more real upon their senses; and as they turned in towards the first doorway that they encountered upon the landing, they could understand why.

As the master bedroom, the room took up most of the upper floor's area. It was furnished with an expensive looking bed, a bedside cabinet, a large television, sat opposite, and a low hanging ceiling fan that helped to keep the inhabitants cool. An inset wardrobe made of wood was pressed into the wall on the room's far side, and a window with thick, attractive curtains sat besides it.

But the appeal of the room was tarnished by the remains of the massacre that had taken place within it: dried blood stains, of which there was an unsettling amount, coated the walls and floor and bedspread, which was tousled and left in disarray. Picture frames, shattered and thrown to the floor, and a sizable dent in the wall, suggested a struggle, and the markings left behind by the police betrayed the positioning of the scene's victim at the end of his or her death throws.

Unread 23rd of April, 2013, 19:16
Darius

"Hardly a clean kill, was it? Hard to think that the accused could have this much bloodshed."

Gabriel slowly paced around the room, resisting the urge to touch anything, trying to get a better sense of what happened from what he remembered of the case file.

Unread 25th of April, 2013, 01:13
InThisMoment
Ghoul

“No, not clean at all; it’s quite the tapestry of death in here.” Ize stepped into the room and appraised their surroundings, attempting the join the dots. She moved towards the hole in the wall and studied it whilst Darius paced the room.

“Strong.” She said the word simply, but there seemed to be a hint of stirring in her voice. She gestured towards the damage in the room. “Seems like someone was taken by surprise to make such a mess.
Unread 25th of April, 2013, 17:59
Church
Spectre [GM]

As Isabella progressed into the room, and Gabriel fought the urge to touch the things around him, each took a moment to reflect on what they could recall of the murders from the case reports provided by Rebecca.

The victims had been Sarah and Michael Fowler, recently married, and they had been found in a bloody mass of tangled limbs upon the bed. The forensic reports noted the presence of fresh semen upon the sheets, woven into the splatter of blood - clear the disruption of the sheet happened just prior to the attack, when the two had slaked their own impulsive needs.

But the fact that so much blood had been spilled suggested that the attacker had purposefully sought to decorate the room with it. However, it was called to memory the fact that Rebecca Hedley had declared that both victims had been exsanguinated - and if that was the case, then the crimson liquid sewn about the room was not theirs. All in all, the gore and the alleged arrangement of the bodies was in-keeping with the past murders that Rebecca had spoken of.

As to the remains of the Hound: those had been removed by the Sheriff shortly after the attack, and just before the police had arrived on scene. Hedley's notes, added to the case reports in pen, noted that the Hound had be patrolling this area of the city at the request of Vanian shortly before all contact with him ceased and his body was discovered. Given the volume of blood within the scene, it's not unlikely that the Hound came to the residence out of hunger, curiosity, or because he knew what to find inside.

Another step into the room, and then both Kindred froze. A loud, ominous creak echoed faintly through the house: someone was downstairs.

Last edited by Church; 25th of April, 2013 at 20:52.
Unread 26th of April, 2013, 09:39
Darius

Gabriel's sword was in his hand as soon as he heard the creak of the floorboard. It might have been a nosey neighbor, or a teen kid taking up a dare. He doubted it was the police, they would have heard the car.

He slowly moved to the window, sliding his feet as he went, to look out the window to see if there was anything new out there that might hint at who the other intruder was.
Unread 30th of April, 2013, 19:52
InThisMoment
Ghoul

If Ize had a heartbeat it would have heightened at the sound from downstairs. As it was she remained still, watching as Gabriel clasped his sword and made towards the window to try and gleen information. She took a moment to appraise his weapon, she hadn’t seen it in such close quarters before and it was a fine instrument of death. She smiled as she recalled one of her Uncles using such sword to despatch his enemies, in a graceful death-dance he would lead and few of his victims would follow him. She could imagine Gabriel showing as much skill, but not as much cruelty…

Prying her mind from the claws of the past she attempted to flare out her enhanced hearing senses to the downstairs, trying to locate the fellow intruders heartbeat, breath or otherwise any other indicator of their location in the house.
Unread 1st of May, 2013, 18:35
Church
Spectre [GM]

Pressing to the window, Gabriel peered outside onto the cement pathways below. Everything was just as they had left it: even the grass did not seem out of place, untouched by all but the increasingly chill wind. It battered against the side of the house, as though in warning or alarm as the intrusive predators - a voiceless objection by nature itself.

Isabella, re-raising her supernatural senses, gave herself a moment to listen. She frowned, hearing no voices or breathing or other tell-tale sounds of life. Was the trespasser aware of their scrutiny, and taking pains to go unnoticed - or was the interloper as unacquainted with the normal, natural noises of living as both she and the Toreador?

Together, the two Kindred moved slowly towards the doorway leading back downstairs. They paused together there, readying themselves to progress, when a voice, croaky and deliberate, crept up the stairs towards them: "You planning on staying up there all night, or what?"
Unread 1st of May, 2013, 19:11
Darius

Gabriel frowned, and tilted his head toward the stairs. He gestured at himself, then mimed his fingers walking.

He proceeded first, but did not put up his sword just yet. It remained to be seen the disposition of this other intruder.
Unread 2nd of May, 2013, 00:22
InThisMoment
Ghoul

Ize’s frown splintered into a wide smile as the voice careened up the stairs and broke their purposeful silence. Whoever it was knew there were only the two of them and already had ample opportunity to ambush them. The tone of the voice made her feel distinctly like a child that had been caught foraging amongst Grandma’s nic-nac drawer. She noted Gabriel’s intent with a nod and stretched languidly, just managing to stop herself from leaning over the stairway in a curious bid to catch a glimpse of whoever the individual was.
Unread 2nd of May, 2013, 04:56
Church
Spectre [GM]

Now curious, the two Kindred pressed on. The stairs creaked underfoot as Gabriel took the lead, his predator's eyes scanning the living room below in a scan that was quick, but thorough; but much scrutiny wasn't required to find the source of the voice, for the intruder was taking no real pains to hide himself from view.

Settled upon one of the chairs, his legs up onto the coffee table, was one of the most hideous creatures that Gabriel had ever set eyes upon. Clan Nosferatu had a reputation for producing repugnant vampires, but even so the appearance of the intruder caught the Toreador off-guard: his head held a mismatch of wiry, disorganised hairs, and his nose was flat and punched upwards, not dissimilar to a bat's; his pupils were so minute as to be nonexistent, and his fingers were bony and jagged; what skeletal body he possessed was hidden beneath merciful layers of leather - a jacket and trousers.

The Sewer Rat considered Gabriel as he approached, and smiled grotesquely. "Quite the scene, no?" he said, nodding in the direction of the landing at the crown of the stairs.
Unread 2nd of May, 2013, 09:13
Darius

Gabriel worked to keep his face passive as he studied the Nos. "Quite a mess, really." Gabriel acknowledged. "I don't think those stains are ever going to come out."

Gabriel sheathed his sword, but kept his coat open and the hilt visible in case it turned out it was needed. "I don't think I have had the pleasure of your acquaintance. I am Gabriel Morales, childe of William Berbage," he said, bowing slightly to the new acquaintance. "I do hope we weren't intruding on you. I thought the place deserted, but wanted to see the scene of such a heinous crime myself."
Unread 3rd of May, 2013, 19:26
InThisMoment
Ghoul

Ize followed down the stairs as she heard the dialogue rasp between the the two kindred. She stood next to Gabriel, her arms hung at her sides and hands moving slightly as if testing the air or conducting a minute orchestra. Her eyes were vague and unfocused as she studied the room, “Ossavatore, ossavatore.” She said in a sing-song voice of lilting Italian and smiled as her eyes finally rested on the Nosferatu.
Unread 4th of May, 2013, 05:19
Church
Spectre [GM]

"Yeah, I know who you are. I know who you both are," the Nosferatu replied. He glanced between the two Kindred with a sideways, humourless smirk, and then shifted forwards in his seat. His fingers splayed in his lap, her paused for a moment before he added, "And I also know why you're here. The Prince's brat sent you, right?"
Unread 5th of May, 2013, 00:33
InThisMoment
Ghoul

A pause, then:

“I dreamt of you once, you tasted of salt and drew me out of fishbones” Ize took a seat near to him on a well kempt sofa. She crossed her legs, looking pointedly at him, her hands primly folded in her lap. She could count the number of Nosferatu she’d been this close to on one hand, but she always found them infinitely interesting to look at. So many nooks and crannies, bumps and mounds to hide themselves amongst; not like the boring, predictable, flat plains of usual faces.

“But, all this you know, so say. The Camarilla’s wind blew us all here to dance amongst the bloody leaves.”
Unread 5th of May, 2013, 21:07
Church
Spectre [GM]

The Nosferatu snorted a laugh, and then got to his feet. One leg, being longer than the other, caused him to lean to one side; it was a curious thing, as he moved a step closer, that he had no smell about him, pleasant or repellent. His needle-point eyes went between the two Kindred, and then came to a rest on the Toreador's sword. His smile broadened.

"No need to go flashing the dagger, Morales, I'm here to help." He held out a disjointed hand, clearly testing the Toreador to see whether the Degenerate could bring himself to touch the Sewer Rat. When he had his answer, the Nosferatu said, "I believe you were told that you'd be interacting with a disreputable sort of character, right?" He hooked his thumbs into his jacket collar - a mockery of a respectable gentleman. "That'd be me, guv."
Unread 6th of May, 2013, 11:35
Darius

Gabriel smoothly put the sword away before firmly clasping the Sewer Rat's hand. "I apologize. We were not expecting to meet you here so soon. Unfortunately, while we were told to expect someone, we weren't given a name. So you see, you have us at a bit of a disadvantage." Gabriel offered a small smile, while at the same time making sure that he was positioned between Ize and the Nos.
Unread 6th of May, 2013, 16:30
Church
Spectre [GM]

"The name's Cole," the disgusting vampire replied, giving the Toreador's hand a squeeze that was unnecessarily strong - and frighteningly tight. After a moment he released the Kindred, and offered an elaborate bow to Isabella, chortling to himself whilst he did so.

"And yeah, I was told that Hedley would be calling me when you wanted to meet and waggle gums, but I'm not one for waiting patiently. Been sat here for most of the night. Helps that the place still reeks of blood - very therapeutic." His smirk widened.
Unread 7th of May, 2013, 20:36
InThisMoment
Ghoul

She grimaced at the unpleasant noise and tried to resist her protective anger but a short, audible growl erupted from deep inside her as Cole manhandled Gabriel, she could hear the grind of his delicate fingerbones rubbing together. She eyed the Nosferatu cooly and leant forward in the chair, fingernails digging into arms of the chair for leverage, as if she were a jungle car readying herself to launch at him.

“What does the Coal-Man see? What have the rats whispered to you in the dead of night whilst they crawl inside your skull?”
Unread 8th of May, 2013, 10:56
Darius

Gabriel's smile only got larger the harder the Nos squeezed. "I can't say that we have much to discuss at the moment, Cole. Anything that you care to tell us? You've obviously had longer to... take this all in then we have."
Unread 8th of May, 2013, 17:27
Church
Spectre [GM]

When Isabella spoke, the Sewer Rat's smile immediately thinned, and his eyelids dropped, shaping his grotesque mask into some barely resembling a scowl. "Coalman? This has nothing to do with him. What the hell you on about?" He paused, reset his features - and his composure - and then returned his attentions to Gabriel.

"Well, I'm sure you've noticed the blood splatter. Pretty decoration, but awfully odd as an addition, wouldn't you say, giving that the kine had theirs all gobbled up?" He shrugged, causing his leather jacket to dislodge from its perch upon his thin shoulders and juggle about in desperate search of purchase. "And since we don't bleed that much unless we want to, it stands to reason that the wall decor was purposefully tossed about the place.

"So I got two theories-"
Cole lifted one stick-like finger after the other in turn as he spoke, "-the first is that the blood was used to get the attentions of our dearly-departed Hound. Word was that he was pretty good at Auspex, so if he was using it, the blood would've drawn him here; or the alternative is that it was being used to bait someone else entirely... like a hungry fledgling." The smirk widened. "Word was that the fat fuck was as bad at dieting in death as he was in life. Maybe he went through the blood too quickly and went out for a snack, smelled the blood?"
Unread 9th of May, 2013, 19:14
Darius

"Makes sense," Gabriel acknowledged. Even without skill in auspex, if the blood was any fresher it could have easily drawn a kindred even if they didn't have it.

"Any theories on the responsible party?"