Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > -J-'s Games > Eberron : The Price of War

Unread 30th of July, 2012, 23:38
-J-
Dread Lord on High [Epic GM]

Member: #1006
When I was making the rough draft of your guy Gral I was running with your "rebel" kalashtar vibe i was getting. The "standard" kalashtar style has a very circular aikido/tai chi sort of feel. Your teacher had no use for it, focusing on on powerful linear attacks (Line beats a circle). Its also where you get his signature technique, the kick without a shadow - You punch/kick and channel a TK blast that effects everything in a 8m line.

Later he was accused of working with the Dreaming Dark and was exiled, being his #1 student you inherited some of his guilt.
Unread 31st of July, 2012, 00:14
-J-

For those of you who are waiting, flesh out some of your character's supporting cast - the people they know, bosses, co-workers, stuff like that.

Erik and Paco - You guys should work out the detail of how long you've been hanging around with each other. You know each other from the war, was there a break in there or were you two always together? did you separate after the war and then come back together for the trip to Xendrik, or was that a different warforged (since in that adventure Adam died...either way involves some revisions).
Unread 31st of July, 2012, 05:40
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

Member: #1799
I'm still convinced that you guys should start out without me as I don't believe that I'll finish my character within the week. And in 2,5 weeks I'll be on vacation for another 2,5 weeks.

I will try to get most things sorted out with you, J so that MacLightning can join the merry get together.
Unread 31st of July, 2012, 05:42
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

Member: #13
My end of summer has a number of vacation days as well - I'm away Aug 4-7, and then again from Aug 26 thru Sept 4.
Unread 31st of July, 2012, 07:13
-J-

The 27th is the start of school anyway so i'll need a week or so to get acclimated.
Unread 1st of August, 2012, 00:42
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

Member: #1103
Bleh. Poor job on the background. Maybe I'll poke at it some more, later.
Gonna post the sheet soon.
Unread 1st of August, 2012, 02:34
-J-

Actually I think its rather nice. You did an excellent job jumping right in with building your guy. So what did you think for your first time through hero?
Unread 2nd of August, 2012, 16:00
-J-

Well I gots my first round of plotting mostly done so I'll start working on some opening scenes this week
Unread 2nd of August, 2012, 16:07
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

Member: #1103
Hero is kinda confusing. I'm familiar with GURPS, and it feels like Hero involves a little more of the GM altering how things work and constraining bad ideas. GURPS is a lot more about have a bunch of different, already-made advantages, and Hero has fewer of them, that you need to alter a bit to get what you want.
Seems pretty fun though. It's not really fair for me to compare it to GURPS, considering I've spent years fiddling with that system. A lot of this was just unfamiliarity.
Unread 3rd of August, 2012, 00:37
-J-

You pretty much nailed it. GURPS is also a universal system, but even in that they've made design decisions for you. Hero doesn't really do that, just sets out a framework that you can really adapt to what ever feel you want. I like that flexibility even if there's a bit of work up front.
Unread 4th of August, 2012, 05:06
-J-

Zach for your turn undead take off the "serving the purpose of the greater good". As a natural font of positive energy you're really not constrained by the dictates of a god. Its so heavily limited it probably won't change the cost.

End cost on smite should be 6

Sorry i didn't catch it sooner

J
Unread 4th of August, 2012, 05:15
-J-

For starting magic items Lissantia has picked up the following:

Symbol of Dol Dorn - although not beholden to Dol Dorn, the symbol still helps focus the energies of turning.

Symbol of Dol Dorn: +15 PRE (15 Active Points); Only for Turning (-3), OAF (-1), Gestures (-1/4)

Lightweave cloak - All the rage in Sharn these days, light weave materials constantly glow. Very handy for late night reading, and covering one's own glow.

Lightweave Cloak: Sight Group Images, +/-1 to PER Rolls, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (19 Active Points); OAF (-1), Only To Create Light (-1), No Range (-1/2)