Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 12:14
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Fort Griffin SideThread #2

The dust is kicked up and begins to settle at the sounds of a stagecoach arriving in Fort Griffin attracts a bunch of attention. The driver pulls on the reins and settles the horses and then shouts, "We're here, feel free to get out. There are several hotels and inns in the town." The driver and his fellow shotgun rider step down and begin unpacking the bags and gear of the stagecoach riders. They bit Edward A. Rawlins Jr. a goodday and hope he enjoys his stay in the town.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 17:22
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward steps out from the coach, holding the top of his hat to be certain it isn't knocked off, and takes a long look around.

A real frontier town. Just like in stories. It was all so... dusty.

Now if only he had some idea where to go from here...

(OOC: Where in town am I anyway? I'd know where to go, but Edward doesn't.)

Last edited by Shoelip; 1st of February, 2008 at 19:47.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 3rd of February, 2008, 07:00
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
You arrive just outside Pete's Livery where the stagecoach has the horses watered and the two drivers go to grab a bite/drink before taking off again.

http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...6&d=1105810407

A good bunch of the folks eye you curiously and the other passengers as they disembark. You see several saloons and hotels.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 3rd of February, 2008, 09:00
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Seeing that the two drivers are about to leave, Edward quickly approaches them and asks "Excuse me gentlemen, could I just impose on you a moment longer to give me some directions to the best place to get a room in town? I plan to be staying for a while. Also, where might I be able to get abreast of local news?"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 4th of February, 2008, 02:17
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
The two fellows who are dusty from the road, one of them is carrying a shotgun nod at you and say, "Well Planter's Hotel is the finest in Fort Griffin and pick up a copy of the Echo for the news or visit one of the saloons, like the Beehive, which is where we're headed now."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 4th of February, 2008, 10:39
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
"Beehive Saloon? Hm... That sounds most intriguing. You won't mind if I follow you there?"

Assuming they don't, Edward follows right after them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 12:03
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
The two stagecoach riders nod at Edwards. You can hear their spurs jingle with each step they take. Their chaps and boots kick off dust as they stride to the Beehive Saloon.

Beehive Saloon

Within the hive, we are alive; Good whiskey makes us funny. Get your horse tied, come inside and taste the flavor of our honey." sign over the entrance.

Aptly named, the Beehive Saloon serves as a gathering place for gamblers, soldiers, travelers and all others looking for a place where any vice can be experienced and nothing seems out of bounds. Pleasures such as drinking, gambling and whorin go on all day and all night, although the most raucous activity tends to occur after sundown. While things remain civil on most days, fist fights, shouting matches and even gunfights flare up with noteworthy and disturbing regularity. Built shortly after the Fort itself, the two-story Beehive remains one of the most interesting buildings in The Flat-not only because of all of the boisterous goingson, but also because of its unique appearance. Fairly sturdy and constructed mostly of wood, this square, tall structure sports some rather distinctive features. From the second story balcony overlooking the street-where "soiled doves" do their utmost to entice cowpokes inside for any number of unspeakable activities or perhaps an honest fling on the dance floor-to its peaked tin roof, the building is painted a striking vermilion, boasts two sets of front doors and has a weathered back staircase to the second floor entry (normal door, quality lock). The brainchild of Elias Bennington, wh o knows the value of "location, location, location," the Beehive sits at the corner of Griffin and Second Street.


As you stride in behind the stagecoach riders, a man behind the counter says, "Good day gentlemen, welcome to the Beehive. I'm Elias, how can I help you?"


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 12:39
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward takes his hat off as he enters, and nods respectfully to the apparent proprietor. "A good day to you as well sir. My name is Rawlins. Might I inquire as to the price of a drink and a newspaper? I would also be most obliged if you could inform me of any potential opportunities for a trained physician."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 11th of February, 2008, 05:07
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Beehive Saloon

Elias smiles at the newcomer, "Howdy mister Rawlins, welcome to Fort Griffin. What sort of drink would you like? I got a variety of alcohol and even some non alcoholic beverages. A newspaper is just 1 cent. There is plenty of opportunity if you're a real doctor. As a matter of fact, my girls could use some doctoring, would you be interested in making an arrangment?"

He smiles warmly at you and gestures to the several fine ladies ranging from young teens to an older matron looking woman standing on the balcony overlooking the bar. Most are dressed in fancy dresses or the like, all eyeing you. "If you want some company after your long ride I can certainly arrange it in payment for your doctoring services."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 11th of February, 2008, 08:55
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward is taken quite by surprise at the offer. The women hadn't really registered with him until this moment. He stares worriedly for a few moments at the youngest ones, wondering just how they could have ended up in this business. His eyes wander to the women closer to his own age, though and he mutters. "Ah- Um, certainly, if any of these ladies need my help... I... can't possibly refuse." He's apparently quite forgotten about a newspaper and a drink, at least for the moment, as he looks from one woman to the next.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 13th of February, 2008, 12:32
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
The ladies all smile at Edward, several of the older ladies bat their eyelashes at him even. Elias smiles, "Well please doctor, do check them out and let me know which one you'd like, or if you'd like more than one."

A tall curvy lady with shoulder length red hair, wearing a white and red dress with lace steps down the stairwell, her heels clicking upon the steps. She smiles at Edwards, "My name is Alicia, would you like to come with me doctor?"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 13th of February, 2008, 19:26
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward, still blushing slightly, smiles at the lady and gives her a quick bow. "Certainly... Please lead the way, miss Alicia. That's- a lovely name by the way. How have you been feeling lately."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 13th of February, 2008 at 19:36.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 15th of February, 2008, 12:58
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Alicia's green eyes gleam at Edwards as she offers her arm to him and leads him upstairs. "Well, I've been feeling a little hot and bothered, perhaps you could help with that? How are you feeling?" She puts her right hand on his forehead with a smirk as she opens the first door at the top of the stairs. The other girls giggle and watch as she leads you inside and shuts the door. The room has a nice bed, with clean linens from the looks of it. There is a wash basin/pitcher on a small mirrored desk of drawers. There is a window overlooking the street outside with curtains drawn.

Alicia slips off her heels and lays on the bed. "Care to examine me doctor?"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 15th of February, 2008, 13:57
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
"W- well I... Think I'm getting a bit of a fever myself..." Edward replies, awkwardly, and gives Alicia a nervous smile as his pants become increasingly uncomfortable. He rubs his forehead with his hand and then looks down at his back. "I... well... Alright, let's see." He places his hat and bag on the desk then takes off his coat and leaves it next to them. He sets out his tools and then walks over to the bed with a thermometer in one hand and a stethoscope. "Well, here. Miss Alicia, please hold this under your tongue until I ask for it. Oh yes, and... could you please sit up?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 15th of February, 2008 at 14:05.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 19th of February, 2008, 11:50
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Alicia smiles, her green eyes sparkling as Edwards stutters and gets all flushed. She moves her legs to flash him a bit of her thigh as he begins to put up his coat and hat. She unbuttons the top portion of her dress and bares her ample busom and opens her mouth to take the thermometer. She nods and sits up and lets him examine her.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 19th of February, 2008, 12:07
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward stares dumbly at her chest for a few seconds before shaking his head and quickly bending down to match her sitting height. He gently places the thermometer in her mouth and starts to check here with the stethoscope. "So erum... Miss Alicia, not to sound like a- broken record but, how have you been feeling lately? Have you... Been under allot of stress lately?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 24th of February, 2008, 10:12
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Alicia breathes slowy, her green eyes watching Edward's reaction. She smiles coyly flashing very fine white teeth as she takes the thermometer and holds it. She nods as he listens to her and asks her about stress. She runs her hand through his hair. "Been feeling awfully hot doctor."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 24th of February, 2008, 13:57
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Not sure how to interpret the statement, Edward's expression seems to be torn between a thoughtful frown and a nervous grin. "Well... this is certainly a hot place..." He glances at his watch as he waits to check the thermometer.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 2nd of March, 2008, 02:05
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Alicia's eyes sparkle and she tries not to giggle as the doctor takes her tempature. He can feel the heat radiating from her obvious sexual overtones. She reaches up with her fingertips tracing the outline and curve of his chin. The thermometer shows her temperature at a 98.7 degrees.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 2nd of March, 2008, 02:40
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward feels a shiver run down his spine at her touch and has to take several seconds to regain his composure before speaking again. "W-ell Your temperature is normal. That's g- good. So um ... how long have you been... working here?"


OOC: As entertaining as it is to roleplay Ed trying to give an extremely beautiful and topless woman a medical examination as she comes on to him strongly, it's becoming increasingly difficult to come up with "doctory" things to have him do, since I the player don't have any real knowledge of medical practices in the late 1800s. Edward would at least attempt to finish what he was supposedly meant to do, since he doesn't have enough money to pay for this.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 5th of March, 2008, 10:49
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Alicia smiles as she watches Edward reaction, she clasps his hand and says, "I've been working here a few years now, am one of the more knowledged soiled doves. You staying a while doctor?" She then pulls him closer and puckers her lips.









ooc:no need to worry, treatment gets its just rewards. She basically gives you a good time should you like it. (we won't roleplay that out, but anything else is fine).
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 5th of March, 2008, 10:55
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Edward, continuing to stare at her as he leans forward sputters, "I'm, um. Yes..." and without thinking about it kisses her full on the lips. Not that he's very good at it.

OOC: Yes please, just fade to black when it gets to that. I'm sure there's more to a medical examination than what I've specifically had Edward do, but I don't know what else there is.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 7th of March, 2008 at 11:19.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 9th of March, 2008, 07:42
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Alicia runs her fingers in Edward's hair, "Relax darlin', I'll take good care of you." She then deepens the kiss and things fade to black as Edward gets awakened in several ways....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 9th of April, 2008, 09:28
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Sunlight comes peekin through the curtains and over the bed causing Edward to stir.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 10th of April, 2008, 05:10
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Consciousness comes to Edward and he opens his eyes, feeling quite good despite getting less sleep than usual. Lying almost perfectly still, and moving his head only ever so slightly he surveys the room. His eyes finally come to rest on Alicia lying next to him, and they stay there watching her.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren