Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Unread 12th of May, 2006, 01:32
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
Chapter 4: The Flat and Beyond....

The bugle sounds of the army waking up and maning Fort Griffin stirs pretty much everyone. However, all the drinking, gambling and whoring has most going back to bed trying to sleep in a bit....missing the early breakfast offered by several of the establishments here.

Bit by bit everyone begins to the stir, the doves are still laying with their company, but getting up and cleaning up. They all offer to bath or personally take care of any other needs before taking their payment for services rendered.

As the sun brightens the Texas sky, the Flat begins to really awaken in earnest, the stagecoach and the train bringing sounds of activity.

[ooc: feel free to roleplay here]
Unread 13th of May, 2006, 08:10
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Member: #1052
Jose is one of the few awake and moving in time for the early breakfast. His Bible accompanies him to the table, and he reads through some passages in the New Testament as he eats.

If anyone joins him, the young gambler closes the Good Book and engages in conversation.

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 17th of May, 2006, 01:23
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Member: #952
Buck rises late and after a spit shine and shave heads down to the main room for some brunch. Though his wound is still painful he grits his teeth and shrugs it back. The Texan tips his hat to those already in the bar and takes a seat with his back to a wall. "Mornin' Padre."
Unread 17th of May, 2006, 01:41
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

In the early morning the Beehive Saloon is nearly as quiet as a grave. The place is still being cleaned up from the roudy events of the previous night. Most of the "doves" are still with customers or cleaning up themselves.

Jose enjoys some eggs and toast as he reads over his bible. A familiar voice says, "Well now I know why you didn't come to bed with me. You really a gambling preacher?", Maria smiles at him as she sits down at his table curious.

As they talk, several others among the party begin stirring, Buck comes down feeling a little better than trampled dirt.

Also "poncho" comes down, wearing all clothes, adjusting the poncho over his dual holsters. He looks at Buck and Jose, "Morn'in, any coffee?"
Unread 17th of May, 2006, 03:07
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

A familiar voice says, "Well now I know why you didn't come to bed with me. You really a gambling preacher?", Maria smiles at him as she sits down at his table curious.

"I'm not yet a priest, but I follow the path," Jose admits, returning her smile with a genuine one of his own. "I was a seminary in California and due to be frocked when God called me to travel the world for a while. The gambling pays my way well enough, but I play more for the sport of it than anything else.

"What about you, Maria; what brough you to Fort Griffin?"

The Texan tips his hat to those already in the bar and takes a seat with his back to a wall. "Mornin' Padre."

"Good morning, Buck," Jose replies, blushing slightly at the honorific. "How are you feeling this morning?"

Also "poncho" comes down, wearing all clothes, adjusting the poncho over his dual holsters. He looks at Buck and Jose, "Morn'in, any coffee?"

"Good morning, amigo. Coffee's behind the bar last I checked," the young gambler replies in a friendly tone.

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.

Last edited by Left-Handed Bandit; 17th of May, 2006 at 03:10.
Unread 18th of May, 2006, 06:29
Boomlaor
Devourer

Member: #1478
Doc London dresses in a civilian suit which won't be as hot as the uniform he's been wearing to date. He rises early, shaves, and goes for a walk in the cool morning air. He notices that the Beehive Saloon is open, but no longer bustling with union soldiers, so he steps in for breakfast. Recognizing the group from the previous day, he gives them a friendly nod as he takes a seat at an adjacent table.

"G'mornin' gentlemen. I do hope this fine day finds you well, and that your shoulder is not troubling you too much good sir."
Unread 18th of May, 2006, 09:10
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

"'Nother day or two I'll be back to tip-top shape I reckon. The whiskey has kept the pain from botherin' me. Thanks fer askin' stranger. M'name's Buck Acuff, and I'm from down south near Waterloo. What brings you hear wearing those rags of yers?"
Unread 19th of May, 2006, 23:38
Boomlaor
Devourer

"'Nother day or two I'll be back to tip-top shape I reckon. The whiskey has kept the pain from botherin' me. Thanks fer askin' stranger. M'name's Buck Acuff, and I'm from down south near Waterloo. What brings you hear wearing those rags of yers?"
"Well, at the moment I'm lookin' for a bit o' breakfast. If you're referin' to why I'm here in Texas, t'ain't much left for me South Carolina now that my dear sweet wife is gone. I've heard that a man can build a new life for hisself out here, so that's what I mean to do.

I do hope I am not being too forward here, I certainly do not mean to offend. Might I ask, how did you get that rather large bullet hole in your shoulder?"

Last edited by Boomlaor; 20th of May, 2006 at 02:32.
Unread 21st of May, 2006, 08:26
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

"How do you know I wasn't impaled on a fence post?"

Buck tries to fake a serious look, but instead chuckles a little in his gravelly voice. He regains his composure and continues.

"I was shot by one of the cowboys we're tracking down. Look at the paper o'er there, its seems we're becoming quite the story 'round these parts. So that uniform you were wearing tells me you might be handy with guns. We could use another man for our posse. It's a legal operation, after all I'm one of the sheriff's deputies. You'll need to meet the rest of the crew to see if'n y'all can git along with 'em."
Unread 26th of May, 2006, 10:32
Lucky
Ghoul

Member: #1133
Jeb enters shortly after the first train whistle rings through the Flat. He's wincing a bit at the brightness of the day. Despite his demeanor since he first walked into the Big Jake's ranch, all this shooting, drinking and whoring is definitely getting to the young man.

"Mornin', mornin', mornin'." Jeb mumbles to each of the men at the table. He clears his throat and motions to the server. "Can you get me a pitcher of milk please, my throats parched something awful this morning."

As he sits back in his chair to wait, Jeb notices the elderly gentleman at the next table. "Mornin' to you too sir."
Unread 31st of May, 2006, 17:10
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
"I think them wild boys wont take lightly to us blowing up som’o them boys and bringin’tother to the lawdog, not that it matters after what they tried to do to big jakes family, let them come, the paper here tels’em good’n clear who to look fer"

"Hope the words last nigh did’t rubya the wrong way mister, don’t much care myself for uniforms anymore, after the shooting starts colors look much the same behind a gun"

"Dr. London ya said your name was.."
"This here is Jose, Buck, Jeb, "
then comes to “poncho” and realizing he doesn’t really know his name just smiles and continues
"and I’m DosSantos"
Unread 1st of June, 2006, 05:49
Boomlaor
Devourer

"I am pleased to make all of your acquaintances, and your memory serves you well. I have the honor of being Doctor Robert S. London," he breaks into a smile , "but I'll answer to Doc London or just Doc as readily as to that mouthful. I was telling Buck here that I've come out to Texas to start over, as it were. If I can create a life for myself building up the rule of law, I may never again have to serve in a dreadful conflict like that which recently tore this country asunder. If you'll have me, I should like very much to join you I think. I assure you that, though my legs don't work as well as they once used to, you'll find my surgeon's hands are still quite nimble."
Unread 1st of June, 2006, 10:06
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

"Our very own médico," Jose muses aloud. "Well, I, for one, would be glad to have you with us; I'm sure Buck will be happy to keep you nearby, too."

Unread 13th of June, 2006, 01:31
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit "What about you, Maria; what brough you to Fort Griffin?
Maria smiles listening to your story, "So you're only a gambler because you like to play? I came here to escape the bastard who married me and tried to beat me to death, and found a new life here. Now, I'm trying to decide if I want to remarry or just get my own place."

"Poncho" smiles back and says, "Ah, of course."

The American smiles and goes to get a big mug of coffee and puts down a gold coin for some hot breakfast too.
Unread 13th of June, 2006, 01:35
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Boomlaor I do hope I am not being too forward here, I certainly do not mean to offend. Might I ask, how did you get that rather large bullet hole in your shoulder?"
The guy nicknamed "Poncho" looks up from eating his eggs and bacon and sips his coffee watching the Doc come in and sit down, he listens as the Doc and Buck talk a bit.

"Aye, lots of new lives starting hereabouts, the food is decent, and the girls are mighty find."

After his meal he takes out another homemade cigar and lights it up.
Unread 13th of June, 2006, 01:38
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Lucky As he sits back in his chair to wait, Jeb notices the elderly gentleman at the next table. "Mornin' to you too sir."
"Morin' Jeb, enjoyed your new found city life?", Ponch says smirking as he puffs his cigar.

The young lady working the kitchen comes out, picking up the empty plater from Poncho's spot and refills his coffee.

She smiles at Jeb, "Sure hon, there is some fresh milk this morning, you want anything else?"

"How about you good sir?", the young lady asks the older gentlemen dressed fine.
Unread 13th of June, 2006, 01:41
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Belkregos "This here is Jose, Buck, Jeb, "
then comes to “poncho” and realizing he doesn’t really know his name just smiles and continues "and I’m DosSantos"
As DosSantos introduces everyone, the American known as "Poncho" finally speaks up, "You can call me Jackson."

He continues to listen between puffs of his cigar.
Unread 13th of June, 2006, 10:46
Lucky
Ghoul

She smiles at Jeb, "Sure hon, there is some fresh milk this morning, you want anything else?"
"Sure, I'll have some bacon and eggs too." Jeb rubs the back of his neck and listens to the others talking before interjecting. "I shoulda slept on the straw wit' Matilda. My neck has a powerful crick in it this morn."

"Morin' Jeb, enjoyed your new found city life?", Ponch says smirking as he puffs his cigar.
As he bends his neck from side to side and rotates it around, Jeb smiles over to Pancho and continues, "I figger to need more coin to stay in town and keep on living this here city life. Seems a mite expensive. So how long before we ride outta here after the rest o' that there Wild Bunch?"
Unread 21st of June, 2006, 01:31
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Lucky stay in town and keep on living this here city life. Seems a mite expensive. So how long before we ride outta here after the rest o' that there Wild Bunch?"
The young lady in her summer dress smiles at Jeb and says, "Alright sir, will have some bacon and eggs up for you shortly. Your friends like anything else?"

She leans over, "I could help massage your neck if you like hon."

Jackson aka "Poncho" puffs his cigar and nods, "Aye, we can get some more gold and get those other rascals, likely some more business to be had too. Seen the paper? I'm ready to go when your friends are, unless we're going our seperate ways."
Unread 24th of June, 2006, 05:27
Lucky
Ghoul

She leans over, "I could help massage your neck if you like hon."
"No thanks. I'll work it out by myself today."

Jackson aka "Poncho" puffs his cigar and nods, "Aye, we can get some more gold and get those other rascals, likely some more business to be had too. Seen the paper? I'm ready to go when your friends are, unless we're going our seperate ways."
"Just let me eat my bacon and eggs and I'll be a ridin' out with ya. I'm more fer doin' than readin'."
Unread 24th of June, 2006, 08:54
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

"...Now, I'm trying to decide if I want to remarry or just get my own place."

Jose nods through a genuine smile, glad to hear the lovely chica has her mind set on a direction. "Then I'll pray that if you decide to marry, you will capture the heart of a good and honest man."

"...I'm ready to go when your friends are, unless we're going our seperate ways."

"I'll be ready in a moment, amigo," the young gambler replies. "Just need to finish my breakfast."

Unread 29th of June, 2006, 01:52
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Lucky "Just let me eat my bacon and eggs and I'll be a ridin' out with ya. I'm more fer doin' than readin'."
The girl walks away as you refuse her offer and Jackson smiles, "Enjoy, good food, had some myself."
Unread 13th of July, 2006, 01:43
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Everyone finishes up their breakfast and Jackson finishes his cigar and says, "I'm off to see about the sherrif's bounty on those other fellows and get my pay. Anyone wish to join me?"

He then slings his saddlebag (down by his chair) over his shoulder and goes outside to get his horse and ride down to the sheriff/jail house.

[ooc: end of chapter 4]
Unread 13th of July, 2006, 08:22
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

"Let's go," Jose says as he stands and follows.

Unread 13th of July, 2006, 16:13
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
"Was wondering when we were gonna get our pay"

DosSantos says as he gets uo and heads for the door

Last edited by Belkregos; 14th of July, 2006 at 05:37.