Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Reply
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 12th of June, 2011, 00:47
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
Baljeet's memory can remember handfulls of minor immortals that were unlucky. Not all were born to be princes of the Universe. None of them were Lee, though. And usually the unlucky ones to cross Baljeet's parth... lost their heads in the process. Some of them managed to cut off their own heads at times. Not really worth mentioning.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Unread 13th of June, 2011, 00:44
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
Adam can find big bottles of sake at the local grocery store or at the liquor store. the only difference will be that the liquor store has a gift selection section which has 2 bottles tied together, artistically with some wrapping paper and the grocery store just sells them individually.

either way, I'll assume that Adam gets his liquor and sets off on his own in human form (to hold the bottle). Glabro could also work if you choose it.

The town at night is... different. Like most small towns, once the sun goes down the main shops close up and shutters come down. The shutters are painted with murals of festivals, so they don't look so oppressive. Only the main streets have hanging street lights, so its quite dark in many places. But the main shopping district is light up by hanging paper lanterns in front of small bars and other similar establishments that were closed and unnoticed during the day time. business men and farmers rub shoulders as they stop for drink and snacks from various stalls.

Adam can hear Japanese music floating in the air from various small karaoke establishments frequented by the young and old alike.

It seems like a nice comforting place to rest and unwind after a long day. There is even a small bar that looks like it could have come from England... except for its size. Its the bottom floor of someone's house, but the smell of fish and chips is unmistakeably good.

Passing those, Adam comes to the location of the flower shop. Its closed, but sure enough, the scent of the old wolf can be detected as having left the shop and headed north.

Adam follows the scent alongthe route of the train tracks, and then back across the northern part of the town and up along a path that leaves the town and goes up into the hills.

As Adam leaves the town, he can and will notice how clear the sky is this night. The stars are shining brightly and appear close enough to touch. the milky way can be seen to the naked eye, and the gibbous moon coming over the rise appears twice as big as it was in the states. Its almost as if you were in the umbra, its so clear and big.

Finally, Adam can reach the temple after climbing a stone staircase that has to be almost 1000 steps. Its like climbing a mountain all by itself. but once he gets to the top, the smell of Karl, the wolf is very clear... as is the smell of battle and blood.

Karl is lying in front of the temple, dying. blood comes from where his belly has been ripped open.

There is no sign of his attacker though. The temple is dark except for a few hanging lights along the path that Adam took, leading to the temple itself. The shops and side buildings are all shuttered and dark, as is the temple itself. The smell of the enemy is unknown to Adam... but smells similar to that of a vampire or other dark creature of the night...
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Unread 13th of June, 2011, 02:16
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
OOC: Well that mother's touch would have come in real handy right now.

IC: Carl, oh crap. I have to get you some help. Damn it, Lou just left. Can you here me Carl. Do you know anyone that can help you. It doesn't look like basic first aid is gonna do much.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!

Last edited by Spoogie; 13th of June, 2011 at 08:13.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Unread 14th of June, 2011, 01:28
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Bet you are kicking yourself for giving it away to Luo, right about now... Oh well.

IC: Carl wakes up. "Bout time you came... No time now! My life is running out... <cough> The Caern and its secrets must be protected... Challenge me for leadership and take my place... at least until one of my clan comes to take my place. Don't let the Caern die... if it does. . . the evil can get in. <Cough large amounts of blood>

Carl tries to get to his feet and growl... Its a sickly sound.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Unread 14th of June, 2011, 03:08
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
"Oh, hell no. You are not dieing. I know you have more fight left in you. You are going to live or I'm gonna die trying to keep you alive."

Adan shifting to Glabro, takes off his jacket and wraps Carl's wounds. "Well it looks as though I have to take you somewhere you can be healed."

Taking a look towards the temple...

OOC: will the temple door work for my key? does it have some kind of lock in it (not a padlock)
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Unread 15th of June, 2011, 00:20
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Sorry, In Japan, the doors in the temples I've seen are all sliding type, and only recently have locks been introduced... padlocks that is. You could use your Key to unlock a padlock and then slide open a door, but all the outer doors here are slide type and not with the keyholes you need.

IC: Carl pukes up his dinner and lots of blood.

Dammit boy. I'm older than I look, and we Uktena can and do die. I been here since the War, and shoulda died long ago. Its the sign of my weakness that the dead got in here and done me wrong. If you don't kill me in battle, I'll die either of bloodloss or from a second attack. They got spooked when you arrived. But they'll be back soon enough unless you take my place. then you're power will do what mine no longer can.

Don't make me beg. I want to die with the honor of a last battle, not whimpering like a pup.

(the strength is rapidly going out of Carl and his hind legs slump down, slinding in his own entrails. He's truly only got a short time left, and Adam's nose can smell it. )
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 15th of June, 2011, 00:55
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
"Well that's just great." Adam says with a sarcastic tone. Somewhat in response to Carl, but mostly because of the door. Well, it looks as though I'm gonna hoof it. With Carl over one shoulder Adam bends down to grab the bottle and then takes off in a flash. (Speed of thought)

"Listen here old timer, You have information I need. But I will not take it at the cost of your life. So if you want to make sure the rest of us survive the coming war, you better do your best to live through this. Outside of that I have no idea what your talking about and I'm a little too busy right now to stop to find out. "

So, down the steps along the path, back toward town, stay away from the shadows when possible but I'm heading back to town so I'm likely going to get noticed. Adam is thinking that the special nature of the town should prevent any sort of delirium. First thought is the flower shop. head towards there, but keeping an eye out for better options on the way (doors, that is).
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Unread 16th of June, 2011, 00:15
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
The idea of throwing Carl over Adam's shoulder and taking off may sound good. but He's not about to let that happen. He wants to go out with a fight, and he's intent on doing that....

START OF COMBAT:

Round 1.

Adam attempts to pick up Carl. That counts as a grapple attack.

Carl will resist the grapple attack by attempting to bite Adam.

OOC: Gimme a minute to look up the dice rolls, K? Adam can react: dodge or continue with the grab attack, etc. After this first round is determined, we'll go for regular combat rounds.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 16th of June, 2011, 00:39
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
"Seriously, your going to fight me on this. You might as well be on your own grave. I am now officially pissed." (Crinos)

Drop bottle, Fang dagger comes out, while grappling with Carl, activate Fang daggers snake ability to assist with this. try to be gentle yet firm.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 16th of June, 2011, 03:17
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
OOC: Let me just say, that first he is a source of information about the town. then he is a prime candidate as a teacher, third, killing him would be a definite loss of renown. Does it look like he has a choice?
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 17th of June, 2011, 01:32
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Yes to the first two, Not necessarily to the third... if you agree to take over for him. In wolf societies... and I would assume that werewolves follow the same rules... when the alpha male gets too old to lead the pack, one of the younger pack members challenges him to a Rite of Succession (If that's the right name to it). In the case of normal wolves, its a battle and once the older one is defeated, the younger one becomes the leader.

I will say that I like the Star Wars approach to these things. Obi Wan and Yoda died. They weren't blood relatives to Luke, but their spirits gave him advice. That's what I am figuring here. You two fight, you win... he gets his death-by-battle renown... you get your Obi-wan-chan (Wan-chan is a kids term for dogs in Japanese) advisor.

IC:

Carl blows a point to go to Hispo from Lupus and lunges for your neck. (Dice rolls... and he gets a mouthful of fur, and a bit of neck-flesh, but not deep enough to do more than graze you... 1 injury level.

OOC: I hope you don't mind me rolling that you tried to dodge his attack with your action. I figure you were holding back for a moment while warning him, that gave you a bonus to dodge.

Now we will start the next round with Adam going first.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 17th of June, 2011, 02:26
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
OOC: First you need to be a member of the pack to be able to participate in a Rite like this. But now that we're in this situation, Adam must resist and try to save Carl, even if he doesn't want to be.

Activate Fang dagger snake whip, going for the incapacitate hogtie idea.

IC: Carl, I'm gonna ask you this one more time. Don't make me kill you. If you do, here and now, you will loose renown; your honor will forever be stained...You know why? Because I will take your defeat to the Silver Record and tell of how great your cowardice was that you had a wolf with no name put you down. Now let me help you for now, we can go somewhere safe. We'll get you patched up and we can talk. And if you still want to die, I'll agree to your terms.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 18th of June, 2011, 01:03
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: I know that you have to be a member of the pack... and that is something he is going to bring up. To that end, I looked over Adam's character sheet and didn't find any "Werewolf Name" just Adam Young. Does Adam have a more werewolf-like name? or only a homid name?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 18th of June, 2011, 01:04
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
OOC: No warewolf name yet. Adam made a point of saying that he had not earned one yet.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Unread 18th of June, 2011, 01:11
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
IC: Carl may want to initiate battle, and he seems sure he is right, but he is old and no match for a crinos with skills in using a dedicated Kusari-gami (your fang blade with whipcord). Adam is able to restrain Carl.

"You aren't nameless. You joined the pack when you chose to come here, and you were accepted once you arrived. Don't you understand boy? This whole town is the sept, and you've joined it once you agreed to come to the town." Carl coughs.

He would explain more, but 4 teenagers come up the stairs to the temple. They don't appear to be affected by delerium... and Adam in Crinos form can see why. Wrapped around and through their spirits is some kind of huge larvae. And from above their heads is its mosquito-like head. The long probiscus seems to be searching hungrily.

The leader of the boys seems to say something in Japanese and the others laugh. they pull their hands out of their pockets, and their nails grow long like stilletos.

To Adam in Crinos form, they smell of undead or Formori, but they seem to have living bodies fuzed with the evil larvae.

Carl whines. "They have returned to finish me off."

START OF ROUND 2: What are Adam's actions?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Unread 18th of June, 2011, 01:34
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
Well, I was hoping we'd be gone before they got back, but now that there here, I cant have them tracking us. So I have to fight them. Carl, now would be a good time to tell me what I am fighting and how to kill them. How do they fight.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!

Last edited by Spoogie; 18th of June, 2011 at 02:00.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Unread 18th of June, 2011, 01:41
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
Release Carl from the fang dagger, and prepare for their charge. Ready to activate Speed of thought.

OOC: they look like close combat types.

IC: Oh, Carl a translation could be helpful.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!

Last edited by Spoogie; 18th of June, 2011 at 01:44.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Unread 19th of June, 2011, 00:09
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
Since Carl is in Hispo, his wounds are beginning to heal, but he can't move much yet.

"Stupid manlings let themselves be corrupted by the techno-wyrm. City does this to them sometimes. They are faster -n- they look. And they have 2 attacks. the razor claws and the worst is the larvae. It makes them like the dead. Will suck the blood from yun'. When the larvae attacks, you can grab and rip it out or aprt. But if its just the claws, the larve can't be hit. But they get weak in the light. protect me from them gettin too close. I might still have enough juice to fry them.'

Carl explains. He seems slightly more lucid now that he's focused on them in Hispo form.

He doesn't wait for Adam to confirm, but opens his mouth... from which a bright ray of pure sunlight shoots forth like a spotlight. three of the youths leap out of the way in different directions, but the middle one was talkng ot his friends when the beam hits him and causes the larvae in him to disintigrate. The boy's body crumples to the ground.

The two that went to either side are preparing to attack from the side or back while the remaining one hides behind a tree to watch what happens next.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Unread 19th of June, 2011, 00:10
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Okay, Adam's turn. the two are circling around from opposite directions... which will you take out, the left or right, or both (somehow)? What are your actions?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Unread 19th of June, 2011, 01:38
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
So, it's a possession. That means I can't kill the host. All right, glad you told me.

OOC: Adam will hold his action till they make a move. When they do attack, go for the ankles. First one gets the whip to the ankles (grapple)and the second gets a dodge and a foot sweep. Spend Rage for second action. The plan is to get them both off their feet. If the whip attack is successful, don't let go.

Also keep an eye out for other.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Unread 19th of June, 2011, 09:22
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
OOC:I'm considering burning a second rage point to be ready for their counter. I can't really tell if it would be worthwhile at this point.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Unread 20th of June, 2011, 01:57
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
The possessed boys aren't big on tactics. they will jump for the old wolf at the same time.

OOC: Okay, Adam's Dex is 4+1 (Crinos) and his melee is 2. That gives you a dice pool of 7. that's 4 for the first attack and 3 for the second attack.

You got 2 successes on your first attack to snare-and-trip the first attacker. We'll say he was on your right side. The two successes means he's off his feet for this round and will have to spend a round to get up or out of the rope (but not both).

The second person attacking from the left gets your leg sweep. But you can only get 1 success here, so you get him with a glancing sweep of your leg. Since it is a glancing blow ot the leg, he can still continue his attack.

If Carl hadn't already acted, or was completely whole, he could have dodged the second boy's attack but he can't so he'll have to take it unless you decide to blow a rage for that extra full action...

I'll let you decide. remember there's still one other one behind a tree, watching your actions as well.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Unread 20th of June, 2011, 02:10
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
If you look to my previous post:
Adam will hold his action till they make a move. When they do attack, go for the ankles. First one gets the whip to the ankles (grapple)and the second gets a dodge and a foot sweep. Spend Rage for second action. The plan is to get them both off their feet. If the whip attack is successful, don't let go.
I meant for a full dice pool for each attack. Sorry if I was unclear.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Unread 20th of June, 2011, 23:36
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
Sorry that I missed that part. okay, so I'll put all the points from the first roll into the first attack. that will give you 3 successes to put down the first guy.

Blowing rage

Your second action nets you 2 successes (there was a 10 and a 1 that cancelled each other out).

Carl goes last in the round due to his condition.

The one on your right is pretty well wrapped up in your whip cord so he isn't going anywhere.

The one on your left had his legs swept out from under him and he's on his back. He should be stunned, but he (or the larvae most likely) uses its own abilities to return itself to upright instantly and then blows its own "point" to give it a chance to attack. But since you are now in the way, it will try to attack you.

Larvae attack: 2 initial successes

Adam's dodge: Dex 4+1 and Dodge 1=6 dice. 2 successes. Defender (Adam) wins.

Carl's turn. Daylight Spirit attack on the teen on the left: Unfortunately, there is only 1 partial success (damn 1 cancelled the 9).

The light beam comes out of Carl's mouth, illuminating the area, but the larvae-teen is too far back from Carl's front and he can't turn fast enough. Teh larvae only gets a light scorching, which it recoils from, but it still seems in control of the boy.

the 3rd Larvae-teen still watches from the tree-line near the top of the stairs.

End Round. Begin next round. Adam only has 1 rage left. What's the plan?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Unread 21st of June, 2011, 07:47
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.25 per day)
"Old Man,get ready, because this might not work."

Adam will wait for it to attack, then (melee) parry the first claw attack, trap it, then sweep him, while holding on. Twisting its arm as he does so should make him spin as he goes down.

This is sort of what I mean but they don't do the twist part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi4JND8yXjI

OOC: As far as the dice rolls, split the dice (2 to dodge, 5 to grapple) then last rage to full on make him go down. If the grapple fails then abort the rage. Also, not letting go of the other one.

If all goes well...

IC: Old man, hit this one.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren