Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Unread 4th of June, 2011, 10:35
Spoogie
Wraith

Member: #8299
Assuming the inevitability of chit chat Adam has come up with his cover story, College student, majoring in history, with focuses on science (history of) and folk history (fairy tales, legends, and such). Interests include Steam punk in all it's forms, metal work, and robots. If provoked Adam will abound with an infinite array of mostly pointless anecdotes. So in the end Adam will talk a lot but not really say anything.
Unread 4th of June, 2011, 13:27
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Member: #8286
IC: During dinner Flynn eats whatever is put infront of him without really seeming to see it. When asked anything he will take a moment as if he didnt hear before uttering an unclear answer. He will excuse himself about halfway thru saying he is tired from the long day and go upstairs to await the rest of his group. to dicuss the days events, and new complication.

OOC: Still wavering as to whether Ahmed live thru the night.
Unread 4th of June, 2011, 14:30
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Member: #1109
IC: Nevermore will play the part of the American ass hole. He will be boisterous and laugh way too loud at inappropriate times. He will be real friendly, especially with the lady (Mrs. Smith) – actually he will be downright lewd.

OOC: My goal is to be so crass that when someone here sees me coming they want to go the other way; that should ensure privacy in the future when needed. Once dinner is done I will head back to our room and fill in the rest of the group the detail of the dream I had, I also want to include Bunny in this conversation to get her take.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 5th of June, 2011, 01:13
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #8278
Okay, dinner summary is as follows: Everyone goes downstairs, the translator woman is there too. She looks like she'd rather be about anywhere but here anyway. Halfway through dinner, she has excuses herself and leaves... presumably to go back to work. Its not clear whether she's truly offended by Nevermore or just pissed at her father for something.

Abagail Smith on the other hand is all anger and riot acts. she gets angrier and angrier about stupid white trash. And eventually, she storms off after dumping her drink over Nevermore's head.

Lee on the other hand likes Nevermore completely, and wants to hang out. no matter how crass or rude, he never seems to take anything personally... even comments about his momma would just get a guffaw out of him. But then he chokes on a chicken bone... looking as if he's dying... which he does, right into his dinner. But then he sits back up the next moment, and laughs it off, wiping his face with a handkerchief.

Fortunately, after dinner, he wants to watch Japanese TV, so he retires into the living room.

The landlord just seems to sit back and accept it all. He doesn't try to get involved, but rather just enjoys watching the show like he was already watching TV. After dinner, he just collects the dishes and starts washing them. He says he'll prepare the bathroom for evening baths if anyone wants to try the Japanese style.

Okay, so everyone's back in Pope's room again.
Unread 5th of June, 2011, 05:40
Spoogie
Wraith

OOC: Information sharing session... go. I'll assume full disclosure for expediency sake. Any thing left out then whoever it is should say so.

IC: .....Wow, what have we stepped in? Well, my thoughts, Flynn and Adam. Check out this Lee, see what he is about. Lou, you and I go see Carl.
Unread 5th of June, 2011, 12:43
lawwnum
Crimson Death

OOC: Flynn will spill the whole story about Ahmed and solicit ideas as to whether he should be allowed to live thru the night

As for Lee he says that h is unequivically NOT an immotal....and isnt sure just what he might be.
Unread 6th of June, 2011, 00:49
Spoogie
Wraith

IC: .....Wow, what have we stepped in? Well, my thoughts, Flynn and Adam. Check out this Lee, see what he is about. Lou, you and I go see Carl.
OOC: My bad I meant to type Flynn and Nevermore check out Lee.
Unread 6th of June, 2011, 04:18
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Nevermore votes to kill the Immortal (Ahmed) as quickly as possible; if he can not be an ally then he must be seen as an enemy who can screw us up.

Also I am good to go on investigating Lee.

Oh and Nevermore does not hold anything back from his dream session or what he found on the laptop, that might be very useful indeed.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 6th of June, 2011, 04:23
Spoogie
Wraith

Adam ponders Flynn's story. Well he is just a normal human. It is not really our place to judge them. Also it would be in our best interest to not have any gruesome murders while we are trying to stay under the radar. I would say that the best thing to do right now, is to come up with some story about why your still alive like you were hurt really badly and assumed for dead and woke up in the morgue. Play on the "your right, I should be dead but I guess God was not done with me yet (like you don't know why your still alive)" I think if you start by telling your story leading up to why your here (cover story), he'll tell you what is his side. The last thought I have brings us back to Nevermore's dream. It seams as though outside the kin, the rest of the citizens of this town, including us, have been gathered here for a reason, if you kill him we may loose a piece of the puzzle that we need.
Unread 6th of June, 2011, 06:57
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: Flynn just stares at Adam for a moment...."There will be NO kissing up to him or trying to play to his sympathies. It is just fortunate that I didnt kill him on sight. "

Then he grows a bit more introspective....

"However you may be right that we might need him for something in the future here. Altho what that may be I cant begin to imagine.... perhaps we will need to sacrifice him in some way...." And Flynn smiles a little at that thoughtt ... "I will have to have another little chat with him I guess. And try to find out if there is anything at all he might know that can be of use, even if he doesnt realize it. But I may need one of you to ride shot-gun on our next bull session."
Unread 6th of June, 2011, 14:34
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Nevermore sighs at Flynn's acquiescence. "All right, you might be right about this Adam. I just want to go ahead and reserve the right to shout 'I told you so!' if this comes back to bite us in the ass." A devious smile lights up Nevermore's features.

"As for riding shot gun, count me in. He might get hinky if Adam shows up with you again, I can be a stranger to him. Might make things easier, and I can hang back a bit if needed. In the end it should be your call though Flynn as you know this guy and what might spook more."

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 8th of June, 2011, 08:59
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: Looking to Adam.. "Does that key of yours only work for you? Or could any of us use it? Just curious there are some things in a secure room at one of my homes in India that would be handy in a snatch and grab.. or in arranging an accidental gas explosion. Either way, we will know Ahmed can be trusted when we're done..."

Looking back to Nevermore.." So we go chat with him tonight you think or sit back and watch him for a day or 2, let things kind of sink in before rattling his cage again. Because Im not sure he will be back from the hospital yet tonight anyway......"
Unread 8th of June, 2011, 09:49
Spoogie
Wraith

I couldn't let you us it for that kind of a purpose so don't even ask me to. Anyway tonight I was thinking you two could look in on Lee the other guy living here. See if you can figure out what he is. For all we know he is a defective hit mark.

Since Lou seems to be sulking for what ever reason, I'm gonna go and have a talk with Carl, the old wolf from the shop. So unless you have something else... I'll be going. this is something I have to do as a wolf, If anything happens I don't plan on fighting anything. I'm taking a little money with me to buy something to drink on the way.

After leaving, Adam will avoid their path from earlier past the Castle Ruin Park, and stop by whatever passes for a bar, He will keep an eye out for anyone who he knows that speaks english.
Unread 8th of June, 2011, 15:20
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Well Flynn looks like we have our orders.

Nevermore heads out of the bedroom and downstairs where the blare of the TV is a hopeful sign that Lee is still awake. "Say Flynn think you can dazzle him with some witty banter while I sit back and hit him with a full scan." Nevermore whispers before descending toward the sound of the TV.

OOC: I want Flynn to chat him up a minute or two while I do a life scan on him to try to figure out what the heck is going on with him.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 8th of June, 2011, 15:29
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: "Yes I suppose so, well i left dinner before you could get truly obnoxious, so let me go and introduce myself."
Flynn follows Nevermore down the stairs and finds Lee watching some kind of weird japanese Game show...

Sitting down opposite Lee, Flynn smiles and says.." Sorry I didnt stay and chat during dinner had to take care of some personal business, think it might of been the curry i had earlier." And gives Lee a little smile...

" So you can just call me Flynn, I'm from the India originally. Where are you from?"

OOC: I'll try to keep up the small talk until Nevermore signs that he is done. If he justlooksmore confused I'll try to get something out of Lee by asking him about how accident prone h seems to be and see where it goes from there.

Last edited by lawwnum; 8th of June, 2011 at 15:36.
Unread 9th of June, 2011, 02:22
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

OOC: Oh I would also like to do a Prime scan as well, check out his pattern.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 9th of June, 2011, 02:26
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Okay, where to begin? First for Flynn: Lee says he's from down south in the states and went to school in Baton Rouge...

OOC: If you don't ask for anything specific, he'll just chatter away about how great the football, gumbo, and other Forest Gump-like stuff is....
Unread 9th of June, 2011, 02:34
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

For Pope, and Bunny:

Bunny will catch your attention in whatever reflection she can. She will tell you that she can tell you that Lee is cursed with a bad luck almost counter to what she is. It might even be that this is what the other half of Bunny might be like. Except the other half of Bunny causes death and destruction to others, while Lee seems to have all the bad luck focussed on him...

But prime and life would tell you that his pattern is closer to that of a zombie or mummy. He isn't really alive, but he isn't undead either. Everytime he dies, which he does while choking on a chicken bone he was gnawing on while watching TV, his life goes out (like a dying person) but then gets rebounded back into his being again.

Perhaps, Lee made a wish to live forever, and this was his cursed result. He dies, but comes back almost instantly, so life and death have little notice for him. He does not seem to have any superhuman strength, nor any special abilities that can be detected.

Its kind of like Kenny in South Park, sadly.
Unread 9th of June, 2011, 07:50
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

OOC: you said like a mummy, being a Hermetic and knowing the history of the tradition and its ties to the creation of mummies can I rule out him being any sort of mummy that would be tied to tradition magic.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 9th of June, 2011, 15:25
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: Seeing a slightly confused look on Nevermore's face Flynn decides to try and see what he can get out of Lee...

OOC: Alright wthout going into great detail here, I want to start asking Lee some pointed questions abouthis history and his apparent clumsiness.
If you wantto play out the whole convo ok should prob move to the Personal folder otherwise I just wat to pry a little and see how far he will go before getting nervous or clamming up, obvious lies as well.
Unread 10th of June, 2011, 01:52
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC:

Lee isn't the kind of mummy found in the WOD books that I have. He's the asian version of an undead guardian. a Wu. Someone sucked out his soul and tied a knot in his prime so that he can't be drained, nor move on. (Ever read 3x3 Eyes?) Someone somewhere has his soul and he can't die until he gets it back. They date back to ancient Chinese warlocks who created them as undead guardians. Chinese wizards needed protectors, and undead ones were the most faithful. If you looked over his body, you'd probably find a kanji and arcane symbol that marked him as a wu-zombie. If he ever got training or got over his clumsiness, he could be dangerous. Now, he's just silly.

As to Flynn's interrogation, I'll say that you can get that he isn't aware of his dying, and he says he's always been clumsy. But he says there was one time back in Baton Rouge when his clumsiness came in handy. He "tripped and fell over a bridge, landing on some wouldbe muggers of a cute Chinese girl. The badguys ran away, and the girl was very nice to him. Her name was Pei-Mei. After he finished college, the two traveled around a bit, and she brought him to this village. She had to return to Shanghai, but promised to return to him here. He promised to wait here for her. ... that was a little over a year ago. He hasn't heard from her, but he believes she is alright and that one day she'll contact him.

He has a letter that says she'll be awy on business, but she will come back for him.

Signed Pei-Mei.

(OOC2: You could have Luo return to China to look for her as a means to write him out of the story...)
Unread 10th of June, 2011, 02:10
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: Looking over the different traditions of Mages, none would outwardly claim to ever create such as Lee. A twisted Verbana perhaps? the Euthenotos would do almost anything to end Lee's overtly long life cycle. Would an Order of Hermes create such a zombie based on old teachings?

Basically, Lee's origins could be an entire game unto itself. But that would take you guys way off track. For the moment, You might want to just decide whether to leave him as is... in the background, or include him and try to train him to be a useful ally. Apparently, the person who did this to him decided to just leave him here.
Unread 10th of June, 2011, 10:43
Spoogie
Wraith

OOC: Don't forget about paradox. It plays by no rules. He could have been a mage himself and failed at something so bad that dieing was not enough punishment. Memory loss and clumsiness are both valid paradox effects.
Unread 10th of June, 2011, 10:50
Spoogie
Wraith

Assuming all goes well, and Adam is able to buy a rather sizable bottle of saki. He sniffs the air and lets his nose lead him to Carl. Any one bold enough to stop Adam and ask what he is doing, will get the reply This is a gift for someone. And then promise to get one to drink with them sometime.

Last edited by Spoogie; 10th of June, 2011 at 10:53.
Unread 11th of June, 2011, 13:46
lawwnum
Crimson Death

OOC: hmmmmm so not a twitch or memory of something like Lee before?

IC: Well Flynn being stumped as well and not being sure s to which way to go with the convo gets up after a few minutes and collects Nevermore as he heads back upstairs to find out what He might of discovewred

OOC: on a personal note Im going to be traveling for the next 2 days and may or may not get on soooo
keep it going ill catch up

Last edited by lawwnum; 11th of June, 2011 at 13:52.