Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Unread 25th of May, 2011, 00:31
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #8278
The flashback is all to short... too close. This isn't an immortal that Baljeet sees, but the man who thought he killed Baljeet 15 years ago... Ahmed "the Cook"! One of the Pakistani country's top terrorist bomb-makers.

15 years ago, Baljeet was on the front lines of battle between the border skirmishes between India and Pakistan. The border towns were rife with terrorist attacks and one of the people behind the bombs that killed many people was Ahmed "the Cook."

In the final battle, Baljeet was sure that he finally had Ahmed trapped in an apartment building. But one of Baljeet's men had been turned... and Baljeet was betrayed. Ahmed laughed from the rooftop of the next building as he depressed the plunger on the bombs' detonation remote. The whole building with many families inside collapsed beneath Baljeet, trapping him inside. As an immortal, Baljeet survived the blast and fire and burial under the rubble... but no one else had, and Ahmed "the Cook" was rumored to have disappeared.

Unfortunately, it would be too much of a coincidence for only Baljeet to have survived the blast when everyone else died, and so Baljeet was forced to take a break from the war and go to the states where he met up with Nevermore.

And now the past has come back, face to face with the present. Ahmed's face turns deathly white. He also believed you were dead. A small wimper and the beginning of a prayer are all that come from Ahmed... he knows his death has come and he is afraid. very very afraid.

Unfortunately, Neither Ken-chan nor Taka-chan seem to be aware of this difference in attitude. They push the two of you together.

"I'm sure you two have much to talk about. Aku-medo-san has been with us for almost 10 years now. Best curry around. You try and like, I'm sure." Ken-chan guffaws.... like santa claus...
Unread 25th of May, 2011, 07:25
Spoogie
Wraith

Member: #8299
OOC: If curry is what I think it is, it likely has a smell that would overpower (hide) other smells like those of chemicals used in making bombs. Or is their a chance Adam might smell them anyway?
Unread 25th of May, 2011, 14:21
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Member: #8286
OOC: I was wondering which of us would take one in the keister first.
first things first at the sight and recognition of Ahmed (Empower Self going to strength first the dex) to a max of 6

IC: Flynn after the initial surprise, knows he's not talking this one away and instead takes a step forward and grabs "Ahmed" hand in a handshake. a VERY firm handshake, one that might actually break a bone or 2, and says ...
" Ahh hello my old freind its been a long time. Come let us go into your fine establishment and catch up,shall we? " In English..

Then leans in close and in Arabic says to Ahmed as he gasps from the pain in his hand, " Move and smile and I might let you live to see another sunrise"
After entering the shop Flynn leads Ahmed to the back, never letting go of his hand.

OOC: Im looking for a nice private placein here that we can have a little ..."chat" without witnessses.
Unread 25th of May, 2011, 14:47
Spoogie
Wraith

"Ken-chan, Taka-chan nice to see you again." Adam bows politely as he thinks it might be done. Then turning, peers into the dimly lit cafe.

Still reeling from culture shock an the extra weirdness of the town, Adam tries to take it all in stride. Not actually knowing the tension up ahead, he follows the two inside.
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 00:14
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Tears are running down Ahmed's face and he has begun jabbering prayers in Arabic. His apron hides that he has soiled himself (though Adam would be able to smell it). He has no chance to resist Baljeet's crushing grip.

Up close, Baljeet can tell that Ahmed has become much softer than he was 15 years ago. There is no hard look that was in his eyes so long ago.

Ahmed is praying that Allah protect him and his family from devils. But he moves into the restaurant with Baljeet/Flynn.

Inside, there are people at every one of the 4 tables, and 6 people along the bar counter. They all have big plates of curry and rice or nan bread. They are eating happily and chatting with each other, oblivious to the two of you winding between them towards the back of the shop.

Behind the counter, a woman who could be Ahmed's wife is busy making plates of curry, and an old woman who could be Ahmed's mother or mother-in-law is washing dishes.

The wife stops smiling when she catches Ahmed's panicked look, but he calls at her to mind the store, in Arabic.

Behind the swinging door to the back there is a small toilet, a door leading out back, and a flight of stairs going upstairs... maybe to his home. Which will you take?
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 06:31
Spoogie
Wraith

Following, Flynn's play, unless Flynn says differently. Although I think Adam realizes that Ahmed is not very happy to see Flynn.
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 15:12
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: Glancing between the door and the stairs Flynn says"Which way shall we go?I dont want too many witnessses and you dont want your family to see whats goin to happen or get them involved in our business. So chose....up or out.." In arabic and just loud enough for Ahmed to hear.

Glancing back when he hears a noise he sees Adam coming up behind him and nods to him to follow.

OOC: Im going to let him pick which way we go, judging from his reaction he wont put his family in any more danger then he thinks they already are. And id really rather not have to kill him right at the moment.
Unread 27th of May, 2011, 00:24
Spoogie
Wraith

Returning the nod, Adam glances around the establishment , at the help, and the customers, taking note of anyone or thing that might pose a threat if a fight broke out.
Unread 27th of May, 2011, 00:43
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

"Out." Ahmed whispers. Indicating the back door. Whether you open the door or have him open it, he doesn't resist. He has resigned himself to his fate now. When the devil comes back from the grave, there is no escape.

The back door leads to several garbage cans that are covered, but apparently from the restaurant's usage. the yard is very small. Smaller still because there is a small vehicle filling most of it. the truck looks more like the autorickshaws of India than an actual vehicle that needs 4 wheels. Its likely used by Ahmed for delivering goods for his shop.

But before a decision can be made as to where to go next, a junior high school-aged girl comes walking merily around the truck. she is obviously his daughter, and is of about 12 years of age. She was waving to some Japanese girls wearing the same school uniform. That is why she doesn't immediately notice what is going on.

But when she does, she is shocked, a myriad of emotions on her face.

"Papa?" She calls in Japanese, not Arabic. "Who are these men? What is going on?! She demands.

"Use Arabic, child!"Ahmed snaps at his daughter. "Do not pry into affairs that are not yours!"

But his child is defiant. "No! You promised not to gamble, father! You promised me you wouldn't gamble with the Yakuza again." Tears form in her eyes, but she won't move. "I finally got friends again, I won't move and I won't leave my new friends! You are the worst father ever!!!"

"You are wrong, child. These are not yakuza. They aren't even Japanese." Ahmed points out, trying to recompose himself (though the soild pants smell isn't likely to help, any)

"I don't believe you! You are the worst!!!" She screams, then turns and flees out of the yard and down the street.

Ahmed looks after her and sighs. "Willful child. Blessed Child. Grow up strong." Then he turns back to Flynn. "Do you have a vehicle, or will you take my family's car? the keys are inside. Or will you just kill me now?"
Unread 27th of May, 2011, 10:25
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: In Arabic " Play this right and you will see at least one more sunrise, lie to me and there will be an unfortunate 'accident' at your little restaurant tonight. One that will leave no survivors. "

To Adam in English " Just keep an eye out and dont let anyone disturb us."

Back to Ahmed in Arabic " Just get into the truck for now, we arent going anywhere yet. I have some questions for you. "

OOC: Go to do some stuff Ill post my questions for my old friend here in a few
Unread 28th of May, 2011, 01:54
Spoogie
Wraith

What about the girl, ya think she might bring someone here. I don't think I'd be able to stop anyone without some consequences.
Unread 28th of May, 2011, 15:47
lawwnum
Crimson Death

OOC: sorry had some logon probs yesterday but all good now

IC:Glancing back at Adam as he pushes Ahmed into the truck, "Just be yourself, that should hold anyone up for awhile..."

Once insidethe truck with our friend Ahmed.in Arabic." Ok you piece of dirt, this may surprise you but im not here just to kill you. I'm actually thinking of that as a bonus right now. Im here for other reasons and Im going to be here for awhile. So the last thing I need is someone like you running your mouth about our past. So heres how its going to happen, your going to tell me what YOUR doing here, and what is going on around here. Or by this time tomorrow you and your family will be either dead or on their way to work in a brothel in Thailand. Im sure your daughter would be popular there. So chose, tell me all you know or....."

As I explain things to him I slowly increase the pressure on his hand, stopping just short of breaking bones, and staring him in the eyes the whole time.
Unread 29th of May, 2011, 01:21
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Because Ahmed feels that these are his last moments, he decides to accept his fate and start talking (likely between whatever torture yo visit upon him).

"Why are YOU here?!" Ahmed gasps. "You died. I saw your body in the hospital. no one could survive that. You are a devil!"

The pain in his wrist, helps him focus, and regain his composure.

"You think only of killing my people. I remember your bloody raids on villages of my people, of how men, women and children were killed or sold into slavery. To you i was just another terrorist, but to my people, I was their champion. I was the one who gave them a chance to fight back.

"You murdered my people but no one could kill you, and my people feared you. But I finally got you. I gave my people a chance to believe that even the unkillable was killable. But my wife was pregnant. I was tired of the war, and I wanted out. An exchange program was my chance to leave the war behind. so I took my wife, and my mother, and I left."

"Allah has given me 13 years of peace and happiness, and my deeds, though evil to you have helped my people live longer. I won't regret my deeds. You will kill me and my family now, yes? Allah will receive my soul then, and the souls of my mother, wife and daughter when they die."

OOC:I'm trying to go for the I AM LEGEND feel, whether its working or not. Just FYI. Yeah, he's sure he's going to die now that the devil has come for him. He's pretty much resigned to it despite what Flynn said.
Unread 29th of May, 2011, 15:49
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: At Ahmeds words and accusations, Flynn just about loses it...not holding back now he sqeezes Ahmeds hand until he feel the bones break, thn sqeezes a little more," Murdered YOUR people you ignorant bastard?!? YOUR people have been trying to conquer mine for centuries! YOUR people started this war long ago, and by Shiva one day I will finish it. You say I destoyed villages? Your people slaughtered mine like they were nothing, and gloried in it. Every death i visited on your people was in payment of one that was visited onto mine. " Letting go of his now crushed hand I reach for his neck and pull him closer making him look into my eyes, sqeezing his neck only enough to get his undivided attention, NOT kill him, yet....

"Yes your bomb got me and my men, but by my Gods I was brought back to continue the fight against your people. However due to your trap I was forced to leave the fight for awhile now. And only Shiva knows how many have died because I wasnt there to stop your bastard brothers. Make no mistake before I leave this place I will kill you, the only question is when and will you go alone to Hell. So spare me your crying about 'your people' and start thinking about your family. Because right now THEY are the ones who will suffer for your actions."

Letting go of him and pushing him back into his seat I stare at him for a moment before continueing, "SO you've been hiding here for all that time, you must know what is going on around here. Give me some answers I can use and your family will be spared, lie or tell me nothing.........."
Unread 30th of May, 2011, 02:00
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Ahmed winces and moans but stops short of screaming out at the pain of having his wrist broken. He coughs and chokes at your crushing grip on his throat.

Once released, he coughs more to get air back into his lungs. "This is what I have learned. Before I was like you. I hated and hated. Its so easy to hate. Many of both our people have died and killed and will continue to do so."

"After, I thought I killed you, they wanted me to continue on. To press forward and take the borderlands. At that time, I was ready, and drunk on my success. But then I saw my daughter being born. A miracle from Allah. So small a thing, that is a baby, but when she cried my heart melted. My world changed when I held my daughter in my arms.

"For once, I looked around and saw nothing but hate. Everywhere hate. I couldn't bring my daughter up in that hate. So I fled. My people felt I betrayed them, but I didn't care. I decided then that I wouldn't cook any more bombs for them. I wouldn't kill anymore."

He cradles his wrist, but continues. "But I cannot escape my past. it is a loadstone that will follow me to hell. You are proof of that. I didn't plan to come here, actually. i was going to hide in America. But somehow my destination was changed, and I was met by people who offered to allow my family and I to stay and work. First, I did translation, but then I finally got the money I needed to start this shop."

My wife and mother of course know my past, but my daughter does not. She thinks I am just a poor man who owns a curry shop and owes money to Yakuza.

Ahmed looks at Flynn without flinching. He apparently has come to terms with his impending death. "We were both butchers in a war that never ends. We will never forgive each other, but if the first step towards peace is my death, then I will let you kill me. I have lived 13 years in happiness. It is good enough and more than I can ask for. This town has been good to me."
Unread 30th of May, 2011, 02:05
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: Ahmed obviously isn't understanding the question as far as he can only guess that you are talking about his past and yours. Flynn has seen his fair share of liars and those who believe what they say. Ahmed doesn't seem to be holding anything back... but that just means that he hasn't guessed himself that anything odd might be going on. He's not a special being, so he can't see the awakened. Likely he has just kept his head down and avoided drawing attention to himself over the years... like most sleepers.
Unread 30th of May, 2011, 16:26
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: Barely containing his rage, Flynn closes his eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath before replying, "Very well, understand me well.... you will die and by my hand....but NOT today. I believe you are truly clueless as to what is happening here, however I cant have you interfering in what I must do. " Once again he grabs Ahmed by thecollar and pulls him close and glares into his eyes.

"Now listen and believe.. in a few seconds I will get out of this truck and leave you alive, for now. IF you say a word to ANYONE about our true past you will watch your daughter die in front of you cursing your name. Keep our past only between us and your family will not be harmed by me or my companion. Unfortunately we will be seeing each other around town on occasion, keep it quick and cordial on such occasions. "

Leaning back and putting his hand on the door handle he turns away..then looks back over his shoulder at Ahmed,

"You played your part well all those years ago to seek vengance. Play it well now for a better reason, your family. Do as I say and they will not only not be harmed but will find themselves suddenly quite wealthy at your death. Betray me and they will join you in Hell."

At that Flynn gets out of the truck and indicates to Adam it is time to leave. Walking out the back into the alley and heads back to the main street. Only glancing back to make sure Adam is following, he proceeds to head back to the Boading house in silence.
Unread 31st of May, 2011, 00:26
Spoogie
Wraith

Adam doesn't ask, but trusts that if there was anything important, Flynn would tell him.

So on the way back we walk west to the road that runs along the eastern edge of the Castle Ruin Park, then we head south straight to the Guest house.

Last edited by Spoogie; 31st of May, 2011 at 00:33.
Unread 1st of June, 2011, 01:20
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Castle Ruin Park does not have any existing castles, but looks like a regular park. Jogging track around the outer edge, tree-lined. grassy knoll, and the top has a fenced off section with a small building near an entrance. It could be an archeological dig, or it could be some tourist trap. who knows.

Kids play around the foot of the small hill. Mothers chat nearby. pretty mundane, but something about this place seems to raise the hairs on the backs of your necks, especially Adam's. there's a feeling to this place but with all the background noise and smells, etc. its hard to pin it down. It may be nothing.
Unread 2nd of June, 2011, 05:12
Spoogie
Wraith

For now, we'll let it go. We are due back at the guest house soon. Assuming that there is nothing else, Adam will be waiting till after dinner to take a walk. Back past the castle ruin park, Likely stop and study it at a distance for a little while. And then head over to the temple of Oirhime - temple of the princess.
Unread 2nd of June, 2011, 13:34
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: As they pass the Park, he gets a weird feeling and looks up from his thoughts at the Park. Seeing Adam reacting as well....

Great ANOTHER weird thing to worry about.............

as They get near the boarding house (within the last block or 2) He turns to Adam and says.." We MAY have a bit of a problem. The guy from the currry place remembereb me from the older days. We will need to discusss this among all of us quickly after dinner...."

And he will say no more until dinner is actually onthe table and they are getting called dow.
Unread 3rd of June, 2011, 00:24
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

If there are no objections, I'll speed up time to 5-ish when the others come home and dinner begins. Okay?
Unread 3rd of June, 2011, 09:34
Spoogie
Wraith

Sounds Good...
Unread 3rd of June, 2011, 16:25
lawwnum
Crimson Death

works for me,
Unread 4th of June, 2011, 01:32
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Okay, 5pm rolls around while everyone is brooding or sleeping, etc. The caretaker starts working on dinner, and around 5:30, the two other tenants come home. one is a normal, black woman. She loudly calls her "I'm home" into the kitchen before climbing the stairs to go to her own room. If anyone is in the hallway, she will introduce herself as Abigail Chichi Smith. Her mother wanted her to be Christian and remember her African roots as well. She's a teacher at the local cram school. She excuses herself to go and change clothes before she has to go back to work for the evening session.

Behind her, is young man, who looks like a happy-go-lucky midwestern hick. he's almost painfully thin, and his polo shirt seems to almost hang off of him, but he appears to be all smiles and his ruddy complection makes him look quite healthy. He also calls in to the kitchen to say he's home, but he wasn't watching wear he was walking and he walks smack into the bannister. his head rebounds with a crack and he falls backwards into the corner of the entrance wall. Another crack that sounds so bad that bones must have broken. He collapses in a heap. Then an instant later, he gets back up and dusts himself off, as if nothing happened.

"Boy, that was close." He laughs, then starts up the stairs. At the top, he is surprised by anyone he sees there, and falls backwards down the stairs. he comes to a rest at the bottom with his head bent at an akward angle... like broken awkward... but then he gets right back up again, and marches back up the stairs.

(Abagail doesn't seem to notice what happens to this guy at all.)

"Hi there, neighbor. I'm Lee Cornwall Jackson the 4th. I'm a might pleased to meet you. I work at the kindergarten here. I love kids. I hope you can come work with me, too."

His aura is that of... a mummy? A cursed being? A zombie? It's hard to say. Anyway, after he changes, he'll be happy to talk with you over dinner. He wants ot hear all about you cool guys...

They disappear into their rooms and soon enough the smell of food wafts upstairs and the owner calls everyone down to dinner.