Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 20th of July, 2010, 12:55
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.44 per day)
IC: Flynn seeing the college boy make a COMPLETELY unbelievable hit stops and smiles at him."Nice shot there Kid." Looking down at Pope Flynn glances at his watch and says" I hope we make it to the Mall before it closes. If we dont our boy Sylv is gonna be pissed."
Seeing the look on Neveermore's he looks back up at College boy. "Easy kid the bad guys are all down an out." Remembering the Burrito eater comment Flynn realizes the problem. Speaking in flawless English, well a slight British accent,"Calm down kid I'm not from around here true just here visiting some relatives." Turns back to Nevermore and offers him a hand up.
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 21st of July, 2010, 02:18
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
IC: "Oh, so you a screamin' commie liberal, too? This is 'Zona, so y'all can get back to libbie-'Fornia or yer own 'k*nt-ries.' Us honest folk have had nuff!! And now that I'm lucky, you're all goin down for the count."

OOC: The opinions spouted by one nerf-headed collegiate do not portray the opinions of the ST... That said, Mr. Redneck Collegiate is gonna start his haymakers on both Pope and Flynn. Pope is the closest at the moment, but It would only take a step for Flynn to get in the aisle...

Let me know how you wanna handle this fire-cracker so the dice can start rolling.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 21st of July, 2010, 09:56
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
OOC: attempt to dodge the incoming blow.

Judging by his last comment, he came by that talisman. Well if he came by it, he can have it stolen from him. Just have to figure out how?
__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 21st of July, 2010, 11:01
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Didn't find a brawling or Martial arts on Nevermore's Character sheet, so will use just Dexterity of 4 to dodge vs. Red-Nick's; haymaker of 2, strength of 3, and his lucky rabbit's foot....

IC: Pope ducks backwards from the almost choreographed punch that the collegiate throws in his direction. For all intent's purposes, it's easy to dodge the boy. He swings with his eyes closed. But suddenly, there's a glass coke bottle under Pope's foot (that wasn't there a moment ago). He slips backwards and his head hits the glass window hard enough to crack it and send him tumbling forward right into the collegiate's fist to get a black eye.

OOC: Nevermore takes 2 points normal damage (can be healed).

IC: The boy is too proud of his abilities and turns on Flynn next. 'Your goin down, Curry-eater!"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 21st of July, 2010, 11:49
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
OOC: yeah I figured his luck power would prevail, but just FYI I do have Dodge. Only at a one but you never know....

IC: Your luck is about to run out, Captain America.
__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 21st of July, 2010, 11:59
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Oh this could get ugly. Ok Mr. ST, I need to know if Flynn senses or notices anything odd about college boy and his lovely adornments. I believe I have an Awareness of 3 or 4. If I pick up on the rabbit foot thing then its coming off of him if not just going to play defense FULL strength. Also dont forget my Quickenening does act as counter magic.

IC: Seeing the obviously well educated punk put Pope down, Flynn steps in front and assumes a defensive stance. "Ok punk you really want to do this, in a shot up bus surrounded by cops?"
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 21st of July, 2010, 20:18
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.44 per day)
OOC: For clarification dont wantto kill him just defense full strength, and Speed of the Stag should still be kicked in I hope.
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 22nd of July, 2010, 01:53
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Qwerty; the character sheet that I have from you doesn't have any mention of either a martial art, brawling, nor dodge. I am going with the only copy I have. That's why I asked people to send me a copy of their characters... By the way, to Pope, the rabbit's foot seems to be a quite powerful wonder/talisman... (if that wasn't obvious)

OOC: To Lawwnum; Although awareness doesn't give you the mage sight needed to see magical aura's, it is almost as good. Besides with your Awareness roll, it's fairly obvious that there's something special about the rabbit's foot, just from how much he touches it or grabs it to make sure it's still with him.

OOC: for Flynn to make a snatch attack, that's dex 4 plus martial arts 8 to try and snag that rabbit's foot. Again, the successes would make it super easy snatch for someone who could make Bruce Lee look slow... But then the luck... Flynn's Quickening of 4 vs. the rabbit foot's power (with some power being sucked from Pope) and yet another luck misfortune...

IC: Flynn's arm shoots out as fast as his whip-sword could, yet right as he does so, a stray bullet ricochet's off of a metal bar and hits Flynn's hand write at the wrist, crippling it (temporarily, at least).

IC: Pope's own mage-enhanced awareness allows him to see a slight glimmer.. a flash of some ghostly outline near the collegiate. But only for a second. There's definitely more to this than meets the eye. But how much longer will they have to resolve the situation. The cops outside have gotten their SWAT unit ready for a direct assault on the bus...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 22nd of July, 2010, 14:58
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.44 per day)
IC: Flynn jumps back holding his injured hand And muttering a string of curses in various languages. He then resumes his defensive stance and waits for college boy to come ater him again. "Curry eater huh is that the best you can do? Honestly if you knew what was in your American hot dogs you'd be begging for my curry recipe." And smiles at him.

OOC: Ok that hurt a little but is mostly inconvienent. Right now Im hoping to bait im into doing something dumb even for him. I want to draw him past Pope so Pope is behid him and hopefully gets a chance to try something from behind unseen. If possible I want to try to take him off his feet wth a sweep of his feet when he comes after me. If not enough room for that then let him get in and actually land a hit on me then cheap shot him in the nuts to drop him.
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 22nd of July, 2010, 22:49
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
OOC : If Flynn's gambit is successful and I can get behind him, then I will try to end this fast - Rip the Man Body, vulgar life attack. I am also hoping that since the last time the dox went in my direction, I can get a little cosmic help and the pendulum will swing the other way (or not).
__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 23rd of July, 2010, 01:56
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Qwerty. Unless things have changed in newer editions, my book says Rip the man body is a level 4 ability, and you only have level 3. Sorry. Did you mean Little Good Death? It's a level 2 version.

IC: In answer to Flynn's remark about hot dogs, Mr. All American grabs his crotch. "Yeah, our hot dogs are all beef, buddy, except when we're porkin' away. Heh heh."

OOC: The plan seems to be working so far. He's figured that Pope is down for the count, and Flynn's easy pickings with his injured hand. But things aren't as clear cut as all that. Remember that there's an injured Hispanic person clutching his own wrist in the aisle, too. He didn't just fade away. He's also planning on getting his revenge when Collegiate gets close enough...
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 23rd of July, 2010, 05:44
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Ahhh Hell, ok how I lost track how many more peeps are currently on the damn bus and their condition and closeness please. Also time for another quickening roll a little SELF HEAL should speed my hand along to a full recovery soon, hopefully.

IC: "All beef head more like it. You look more like a chicken dick to me!" Flynn says as he backs slowly away, still partially hunched over his rapidly healing hand. And lets out another gasp of pain and a grimace as he holds his injured hand close to his body and falls down on one knee in the aisle. Coincidentally just far enough so that MR.Jock has to step past Pope to get to him.
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 23rd of July, 2010, 06:36
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
OOC: yeah things did change in newer editions, but pretty much in name only. Basically the effect I want to hit him with will do 2 points of lethal damage per success I roll on Arete. Also I want to blow a Willpower Point to make certain another botch does not hit me. At this point I am so frustrated (in character) with this all American A-Hole I really don't care if he dies or not. Please roll well Akuma.
__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 23rd of July, 2010, 12:01
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Yes this has gone on WAY too long. I want to spend some willpower on this too. Put it on my HIT roll. Again I want him to throw at me and I want to block and lock his arm when he does, full strength and use willpower on it. onestly if thisdoesnt work WE need to just get the hell outta there.
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 24th of July, 2010, 01:19
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: There are certain moments in time when everything seems to slow down. It is at these moments that the awakened have their moments of clarity, their moments to shine, their moments to make a difference. This is one of those moments when everything seems to happen at once.

IC: With the collegiate's careless step forward... one in which he temporarily releases his hold on the rabbit's foot to make his haymaker swing at Flynn. As he does, the hispanic gunman hunched over in the aisle makes his own surge forward, intent on tackling the boy. The lunge isn't perfect, but it moves the collegiate just enough that Nevermore/Pope's hand doesn't actually touch the boy's flesh to deliver the effect of his magical attack... instead, his fingers somehow manage to grasp... and get entangled with the silver chain of the rabbit's foot.

As the hispanic man's surge pushes the collegiate back, the chain breaks free from the collegiate... and when it does, there is an almost palpable popping of energies. Time stops completely.

Nevermore, the holder of the rabbit's foot suddenly finds himself in the middle of a great hall. It is actually some kind of distortion in which the bus's cramped interior have been spread out to create a wide expanse. At the center of this is Nevermore, and before him, kneeling prostrate like a Geisha is an anthropomorphic rabbit woman. Her fur is the same white as the rabbit's foot. She is wearing a playboy bunny outfit. She addresses Nevermore directly.

"Oh great Master, I am pleased to serve you. So long as you keep my foot close to you, I will protect you and provide you with good luck. I am your servant and yours to command. But know that should I ever leave your presence, my luck will be reversed, and all that was done for you will be undone... as it will now happen to my previous master."

The vision collapses back in upon itself, and Nevermore is back in the normal-sized bus watching as Flynn catches the flying haymaker, reverses it, breaking every bone in the teen's arm as if it were made of glass. But things aren't finished, because the Hispanic is still driving the boy backward down the aisle at increasing speed. And at this moment, the boy seems to be catching every single bullet being fired by the police as he gets pushed down the aisle and out the front window of the bus onto the street where he is run over by the SWAT team truck coming in to stage their rescue... Both the Hispanic and the Collegiate are well and truly dead.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 24th of July, 2010, 12:48
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Yeaowwza! That was brutal........I ike it! It couldn't of happened to a nicer shmuck.

IC: Still kneeling in the aisle Flynn just looks at the sudden carnage in surprise, in all his years he never saw something go so bad so fast. Looking at Pope he says "What the HELL just happened?!? Nevermind we need to get outta here before the cops storm the bus and take us into custody for only God knows what. "
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 27th of July, 2010, 01:01
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
IC: Baljeet Singh / Flynn has survived for many, many years because he has been able to notice things that others didn't. That skill aids him again this day. He was taking a quick scan around the growing crowd that has been watching this shootout unfold (from a safe distance) and he notices one person that seems different.

In the first, quick, glance, he sees only a beautiful blond woman with a very nice, low-cut outfit. But the second glance reveals enough to chill Singh's blood. When he looks again, he realizes that she hasn't moved even a bit. She could be a statue, for all her lack of excitement about the incident. And then she seems to see into the bus and directly at Flynn. Then she smiles, but her smile never quite arrives at her eyes. They are cold, lifeless eyes of a shark, or a machine. Could it be that the X'ers have found you already?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 27th of July, 2010, 10:39
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
Looking at Flynn, Nevermore nods his head in agreement. "Yeah, we need to beat feet." Staying low to avoid gunfire Nevermore tries to move toward an exit away from the gunfire.

Did that just happen, that thing with the bunny girl? This day is getting weird fast!
__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 27th of July, 2010, 12:19
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.44 per day)
IC: SON OF A BITCH.....what the hell else is going to go wrong today.

Leaning in close and grabbing Pope by the shoulder "Ok Pope my boy I think we have even more company. Looks like a Hit-mark at 3 o'clock, and she made us already." Quickly assessing the situation Flynn gives Nevermore a slight push towards the side of the bus away from Hit-Mark. "Im thinking out the window and try to loose ourselves in the crowd unless you got a better idea?"


OOC: Bangs head on wall, ok Steve now your just being mean lol well Im lookin to try and ditch out the side of the bus away from Robobabe and hope to hell she is alone so far. Since we are both unarmed and a life mage aint much good against robots. I want to use the crowd for cover as much as possible to get some space between us.
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 28th of July, 2010, 00:39
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Cue manical laughter. That's what I'm here for. Butch has his bunny, you get a robo-babe. Dontcha think that's fair?

IC: Nevermore is crouched down, trying to avoid being shot and waddling towards the back emergency exit beyond the pregnant woman. Looking over toward the wall side, where he is crouched, he sees the bunny girl as a kind of reflection in the side of the bus (even though the side of the bus isn't shiny). She's mimicking his every motion.
"Master. Would you like me to make the bullets go away like I did before? The men with guns are about to come aboard. Do you want me to do something about them? I am yours to command."

At that moment, the gunfire stops. There is a momentary silence broken by dull thumps of smoke grenades being launched into the interior of the bus. Men in black SWAT uniforms leap up into view at the windows, breaking them with hammers before leaping inside.

"EVERYONE FREEZE!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 28th of July, 2010, 14:16
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Well at least mine robobabe is actually in this world, even if she is going to try and kill me. And I dont expect an answer but we arent going to make it to the mall before it closes are we?

IC: Isn't this just wonderful......I really must figure out what I did to bring this kinda Karma upon me. Hmm might be able to use the smoke to our advantage tho.
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 28th of July, 2010, 15:16
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
Oh great, this is real!?! "NO! Don't do a thing, just...just...just don't do anything ok"
Nevermore 'speaks' to the reflection.

Making his way toward the exit in the back, Nevermore steps up his progress once the smoke enters the bus. "Come on, Flynn lets try to use this to our advantage." With that Nevermore begins fiddling with the handle to open the emergency door.
__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 29th of July, 2010, 01:06
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.44 per day)
OOC: Don't worry Lawwnum, it's not even 10am yet. The stores are just starting to open. You've got a nice LOOOOOOONNNGG day ahead of you... heh heh.

By the way, I did say that the SWAT teams are at the windows and have leapt inside. that pretty much puts them in your face. So your choices do not include sneaking out at this moment. You have the following choices.

1. Attack the SWAT guys with the machine guns. Go for broke
2. Surrender to the SWAT guys with the machine guns. Maybe they'll see things your way.
3. Use the bunny girl or magic. See where that gets you.
4. Surprise me with another plan i didn't see coming. You've got nothing or everything to lose...

But choose quickly...
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 29th of July, 2010, 02:33
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
Nevermore notices the flack boot at right in front of him a he was trying to work the exit handle.

"Oh thank goodness you are here officer! This woman is in labor and it appears that the baby may be breech, me and my partner here are EMT's and were trying to attend to her when all the shooting began. We have to get her out of this stressful situation and us to some medical equipment. This baby is coming NOW!"

I hope he buys this or we are sunk.
__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 29th of July, 2010, 12:28
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.44 per day)
IC: Hearing Pope's line Flynn moves to the pregnant women and checks on how bad off she is. Still looking down he yells "Pope you got thst door open yet we need to get this lady outta here and to the hospital STAT!" Then looking up into the machine guns "THANK GOD you guys finally got here! We need to get this lady into an ambulance NOW!"

PLEASE work! Wth a little luck we hitch a ride to the Hospital and can disappear from there.

OOC: Oh yea! we still have ALL day to go! I can only wonder at how this day will end.
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 21:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren