Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Unread 1st of July, 2010, 14:34
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Member: #1109
OOC - Let it begin!

Ahab, Moby Dick

Last edited by qwerty123; 2nd of July, 2010 at 04:14.
Unread 2nd of July, 2010, 01:07
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #8278
Exclamation Note to players

There is no need to post your characters to the thread, and I would rather you sent them to me directly, so that we don't have people looking over stats and giving suggestions based on paper rather than interaction. Thanks.
Unread 2nd of July, 2010, 04:16
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

So are we to not know what character each player is playing; because if that is the case, too late for me. I already know the other character types.

Also help me out here, what is the background. I gather we as PC's attacked an IT X facility; how well do I know the rest of the party? Do I know them for the various types of 'special' beings they are? I just need a bit to go on before I can post.

Ahab, Moby Dick

Last edited by qwerty123; 2nd of July, 2010 at 04:56.
Unread 7th of July, 2010, 15:51
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Query for the almighty ST. Do you think I might be able to find someone via my background of influence that could have a box of bullets shipped to me? If not do you think that the resident were-wolf is sufficiently technologically based to help in construction of bullets? Or am I just being too paranoid and it will not be that hard to get bullets in Japan. I really want them especially if we are hunted by the Technocracy; since without them as a party we lose a whole lot of what little combat edge we have.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 8th of July, 2010, 07:55
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Okay, let me try to answer both posts at once.

As far as knowing each other's character types goes, It depends on whether we all agree to the concept of the 3 Amigos plus one. It would seem that the three Amigos know each other, so Nevermore the Mage, Adam Young, the Werewolf, and Baljeet Singh the Hindi Immortal all know each other and generally what each can do.

But Joe's character, who looks middle-eastern was just the only one the group could save from the clutches of the Iteration X trap. Once Joe can get his ducks in a row, we can start on that, and through IC, get to know each other better (though there is little time for things with the Xers heading after you...)

As far as ammo goes... If you have a background contact you want to spend for a military contact (not police) who might be in Japan at the same time, he could possibly send you some bullets, but it would be a one time thing only, and limited. Guns are EXTREMELY RESTRICTED in Japan, and using one is likely to bring down the house as it were.

You did say that you wanted more of a mystery and thinker than a shoot-em-up game. You only really need bullets to cover the effect of the mage-shot for purposes of keeping paradox demons at bay. But if your gun looks fake and everyone expects it to be just a bb gun, then having real bullets may not help much. you'll definitely be counting bullets and being very careful of how they are used...

btw. could you please resend the copy of your mage to my gmail account. You put it here, but I don't have it on my pc where I need to access it as a ST.
Unread 8th of July, 2010, 12:49
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Ok I will resend my character. As for the three amigo's plus one - I like that idea, so my vote is for that. Also you are right I am all for a mystery game but when we were making characters for this you seemed to be pretty adamant that combat was needed. Let's be honest I can't imagine that our play styles changed that much from PSU, so no matter what combat will erupt. : )

How a bout this solution, since I have yet to use my wonder, can I change it to the symbol on the gun? The symbol grants the weapon it is in touch with to do it's enchanted prime 2 effect of agg. damage, we could give it a corr. 1 effect to make it transferable from weapon to weapon. That way I can have an airsoft gun and get ammo there.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 9th of July, 2010, 13:34
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Member: #8286
Ya the 3 amigo's plus 1 sounds like a good plan. And ,if we are going to go that way all powerful ST, then if necessary could I use my military contact to get ammo for Chris if it comes to that?

Also a little bird told me about Joe's character concept, and I love it his guy and my guy will get along like bread and butter, IF he doesnt change his mind or the character too much.

Also if we are going to go the Amigo route we should try to get some mutual background stuff worked out. Of course we will need everyone to do that right but at least me and Chris can maybe get a basic ackstory worked out.
Unread 9th of July, 2010, 14:49
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Yeah I could really get behind this concept. I think it would be neat to find out what Joe's dude is and what he can do. Brings a little mystery.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 10th of July, 2010, 07:11
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Sounds good. Yes, I'll allow the Military contact to send bullets, but they will be a limited number and likely hidden (smuggled) inside of something else. By the way, I've seen that Nevermore's gun is a .45, but do you mean a colt 45 revolver or a 45 ACP? For arcanum style, I like the revolver. Less parts to break. it can also have story...

Go ahead and work on a backstory for the 3 Amigos (or whatever name you choose). Maybe Eric and joe might eventually be great together, but if the first impression says anything, you guys might be at each other's throats despite the common inner desires.

Finally, I'm going to have to get this game moving despite the lack of posts by Spoogie or Joe. I know they are busy, but if we wait and wait, the game will die out. Let's say that Joe's character is passed out and spoogie is watching over him.

The next section is the shopping run...
Unread 10th of July, 2010, 08:20
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

You know I always pictured a modern police issue - like a 9mm. However I can really like this old school revolver idea. Think I will go with that. Good idea Akuma!

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 10th of July, 2010, 12:17
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Yes Old school can be cool, slight limitation if we get into anything heavy(6 shots) but VERY stylish.

Ok we're doin the3 amigoes, Excellent, first query for qwerty ad the ST of course. I will have to assume then this isnt our first mission like this that we've done then, but obviously our biggest screww-up. How do we want to explain that an do we even need to?

Second I got a hook-up with Spooge's Garou, I knew his great to the 3rd or 4th power grand father and kinda kept in touch with the family down thru the years. How is Butch's mage get mixed up with us and how long have we known each other? Just so we can get a handle on how to interact with each other. Perhaps make some odd quirks or the ever popular catch-phrase that individuals are prone to doing.
Unread 11th of July, 2010, 00:51
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Okay, if everyone's cool with it, let's go wit the revolver. Specially, since its a Wonder/talisman, it would fit if its older than sin itself... can have a nice backstory. That can also be part of the connection between lawwnum and Qwerty. Perhaps Qwerty helped originally craft the weapon for an old mage friend in the wild west days. The mage enchanted it, and the two kicked butte... also, Spoogie's Garou, Adam, comes from a mixed Sept where lots of the non-wolf mating comes from mages. I won't say that Qwerty and Spoogie are necesarily related, but they could have taken him in long ago, and so the werewolf ancestors and gun connection brings the circle together...

How's that sound?
Unread 11th of July, 2010, 14:02
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Hmmmmmmmmm I think that can work. And assuming the gun passed within the Mage's family that would give me a connection to Butch's ancestors as well..... great I'M everyones eccentric uncle LMAO!

Or Chris if you want to make it a TRUE Wonder we could make it be the gun of a Gunslinger from the line of Arthur Eld of Gilead. Now THAT would be a wonder! if you dot get the reference Mr. ST I'll let Chris explain if he so chooses.
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 01:44
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

I think we'll probably say that the pistol is special, but not THAT special. He didn't pay that much to have it.

By the way, Just for reference purposes, I am going to indicate that the party is currently in a fictional town in Arizona that I'm loosely basing on Flagstaff. I'm going to call it Flagstand, Arizona. I chose Arizona because the recent immigration frackus would work in the favor of MIB and Iteration X's experiments. For the shopping phase, I will figure on the group heading towards a generic mall. If anyone wants to know general topography or what might be around, feel free to google Flagstaff, and then give me a OOC heads up/reference. K?
Unread 14th of July, 2010, 14:04
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Flagstand AZ.......ok well that wouldof TOTALLY eliminated my bank reference.
Unread 24th of July, 2010, 02:43
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Please don't hate me but I might be off the grid for the next two days. Not sure if where we are going to be staying will have internet access or not. Right now I am at my Sister-in-laws and have a brief moment to let you all know.

Sorry to have to slow it down just when I got going.

Oh, and Akuma I talked to my two friends. One is intersted but is very sick. Once he is back on his feet I think he will make a character. The other guy said it would be great to game online, and then never got back to me. Oh well.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 31st of July, 2010, 00:55
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
M

O

U

T

H

You guys are getting so screwed, its AWESOME!

Last edited by Thanos; 31st of July, 2010 at 07:32.
Unread 31st of July, 2010, 13:50
lawwnum
Crimson Death

hey anyone else havig probs with it booting your login when your trying to type moere then 2 sentences?
Unread 1st of August, 2010, 01:10
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Yeah, but I thought that was normal for this website. I just write out my mail, then do a copy and paste very quickly after signing in... Is that normal, or is there a problem?

By the way, everyone, I hope you will soon welcome Thanos into the game...
Unread 1st of August, 2010, 11:31
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

I think I have uncovered the Mystery of Mura-Cho, Japan...it will be a mystery if the party survives to get there.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 1st of August, 2010, 15:03
lawwnum
Crimson Death

yes Qwerty it will be a mystery how we got there!

And Thanos are you following the game? And if so you STILL want to join in well we always welcome another glutton for punishment!
Unread 2nd of August, 2010, 00:57
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Well, hey, you have to have some reason to lay low in Japan, don't you? I think exploding HIT-Marks serves as a good deterrent to sticking around in one place too long, don't you? Why should the middle east be the only ones with bombers....?

Of course, I always try to leave some options open.... not necessarily good options, but this is what you get for not disguising Flynn in the least bit before going back out in public again...And now Iteration X has Nevermore's latest face, too.

Can't wait to see how you guys get out of this one...
Unread 2nd of August, 2010, 12:15
lawwnum
Crimson Death

And how the HELL do you disguise a 5'10 man o Indian descent that i basically immune to magic? Like Make-up would of worked. Beside I would of thught he hadhis face covered during the raid that dumped this load of feces down our necks
Unread 2nd of August, 2010, 12:34
lawwnum
Crimson Death

By the way does anyone expect to ever see Joe or Spooge here or should we write them off now?
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 00:58
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

I have a sinking feeling they will not appear.

Ahab, Moby Dick