Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Unread 24th of May, 2011, 02:12
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #8278
Maps and Illustrations

Use this section for reference to pictures so that we can quick reference the maps needed for the game without having to hunt for them. Also for the comments or questions of same.
Unread 24th of May, 2011, 02:16
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Okay, here is a map I have made of Mura-cho. I didn't label everything because its still early in the game, and you won't know where or what half the stuff is... and I don't feel like labeling every single house.

I hope it will be enough to give the info that people need. The top of the map is North.
Unread 24th of May, 2011, 02:16
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Okay, here is a map I have made of Mura-cho. I didn't label everything because its still early in the game, and you won't know where or what half the stuff is... and I don't feel like labeling every single house.

I hope it will be enough to give the info that people need. The top of the map is North.
Unread 24th of May, 2011, 02:22
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Sorry this didn't get on the first posting. But hopefully it will work on this second post.... Hope you can all see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mura-Cho Map with English.jpg (124.0 KB, 16 views)
Unread 31st of May, 2011, 01:29
Spoogie
Wraith

Member: #8299
I'm guessing that a map like this would be available to the PCs. maybe not labeled. BTW what is up with the backwards nazis.
Unread 1st of June, 2011, 02:13
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Not backwards Nazi symbols, but Shrine symbols of power. I've heard that its Hitler who liked the Shrine symbol, so he reversed it and used it for his SS. The japanese version has been around forever and a day, but gets a bad rap due to Hitler.

Yeah, you can get a map with the packet you get from the Town hall. they figure you would need it to get around (to work and back...)
Unread 2nd of June, 2011, 06:05
Spoogie
Wraith

There is an interesting read on the wiki page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
Unread 3rd of June, 2011, 01:14
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Okay, so the point is that its not Nazi, but Buddhist in this sense. Its often a symbol used to denote the location of a buddhist temple where the double TT is for Shinto. Got it. Thanks for hte Link.
Unread 3rd of June, 2011, 11:57
Spoogie
Wraith

I knew it had nothing to to do with the Nazis, I was just pulling your chain. ha ha. But seriously, Adam would likely recognize the symbol, being that it shows up in many different cultures around the world with basically the same meaning. Being a Silent Strider he would likely have some more inside info on it, as far as spiritual symbols go.
Unread 5th of June, 2011, 01:16
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

No biggie. Everyone says the same thing when they come to Japan or see Japanese stuff. It was a good link though. especially that its everywhere in the world in some form or another.