Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Blooming Dawn

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 31st of May, 2008, 06:37
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Chapter 1 - The Gathering

The flight continues onward. After some long hours of work, the engineers finally manage to patch the engines. There's no more smoke, but there are still some occasional clanking and rattling sounds. 3 days pass, the nights freezing cold from the wind and altitude, the days hot with the nearby sun. Gustav keeps his men at work. The mornings are full of exercises, the days full maintenance of their armor and weapons. Inbetween this, the soldiers spar and interact with the Onmyouji students and the airship crew. The students find this change of place and company to be very exciting despite the previous chain of events and most are eager to converse with Gustav's men. The initiates stay close to the teachers and to Kato, though some venture out toward Dust, Benkei, or Egam, children only slightly older than they. Ryoshen is generally avoided by most on board, especially by the airship crew, though the close quarters make it somewhat difficult to do so.

On the third day it happens. The engine compartment explodes suddenly, red hot flames pouring out and rising into the air. The day's activities are interrupted as the ship tilts into a dangerously steep dive. The children on board scream. Gustav shouts for his men to secure their equipment. Kato gathers the Onmyouji together on one side of the ship. The ship descends faster and faster, the flames rising higher. Everyone grabs hold of something for fear of being blown off the deck. The clouds, once below you, now strangle the ship in fog for a few panicked seconds. Once the ship passes through them, the woodlands down below can be seen clearly. The inland sea is in the distance. One of the airship's crew shouts to Gustav above the sound of wind and flames. "The stabilizer's been damaged! We can't ascend!"

"What the hell can we do then!?!" Gustav bellows back in frustration, holding onto the railing for support. "Nothing!" the crewman shouts back, barely audible over the screaming wind. There's another explosion just before the impact and the ship rolls into a slow spin. There's a collective scream as many of those aboard are thrown off into the trees. Others hold on for their lives as the airship collides with the ground in fiery splendor, the crushed chassis leaving a trench through the forest some 200 yards long before coming to rest in a hollow of trees. Those that managed to hold on the entire time scramble to escape as the ship fully ignites in black smoke and flame.

Ryoshen finds himself still on board after the crash, a small burn across his arm from rolling too close to the flaming engines. He risks more if he stays where he is. The deck is already catching fire. Egam was thrown off the ship during the tumble and landed painfully into a shallow stream full of pointy rocks. Thankfully he managed to hold onto his hat for the entirety of the fall. He is bleeding very badly. Benkei too was thrown off, landing hard into the earth. Several other children are scattered around him, hurt or unconscious. Benkei is dirty and bruised but mostly unharmed. Dust got hit by some passing trees, being too close to the edge of the railing, and finds himself next to Ryoshen on deck after the crash. Those that were thrown off the ship are no more than 30 yards from the smoldering wreckage, surrounded by pieces of metal and wood. The sounds of those wounded are ever present.

[Ryoshen: Crash Save: (Stamina 2 + Resistance 3) = 5(9,9,4,4,1) 2X <failure>]
[Benkei: Crash Save: (Stamina 3 + Resistance 2) = 5(
10,4,1,1,1) 2X <failure>]
[Egam: Crash Save: (Stamina 2 + Resistance 2) = 4(
9,6,4,1) 1X <failure>]
[Dust: Crash Save: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 2) = 5(
9,7,5,3,1) 2X <failure>]
[Gustav: Crash Save: (Stamina 5 + Resistance 5) = 10(
10,8,8,7,6,6,6,3,3,2) 5X <superior>]
[Gustav's Men: Crash Save: (Stamina 3 + Resistance 3) = 6(
10,9,9,5,3,1) 3X <adequate>]
[Airship Crew: Crash Save: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 1 + Specialty 1) = 5(
10,8,8,1,1) 3X <adequate>]
[Kato: Crash Save: (Dexterity 4 + Athletics 4) = 8(
9,7,6,5,5,5,4,2) 2X <failure>]
[Onmyouji Initiates: Crash Save: (Dexterity 2 + Athletics 1) = 3(
7,1,1) 1X <failure>]
[Onmyouji Students: Crash Save: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 2) = 5(
8,3,2,2,1) 1X <failure>]
[Onmyouji Staff: Crash Save: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 3) = 5(
10,8,4,2,1) 2X <failure>]


[Ryoshen (3L - Soak 1) = 2(
10,3) 1L Damage]
[Benkei (3L) = 3(
8,4,1) 1L Damage]
[Egam (5L) = 5(
8,8,7,4,1) 3L Damage]
[Dust (3L) = 3(
8,3,2) 1L Damage]
[Gustav's Men (
80% Survival Rate)]
[Airship Crew (
80% Survival Rate)]
[Kato (3L - Soak 1) = 2(3,1)]
[Onmyouji Children (
40% Survival Rate)]
[Onmyouji Students (
40% Survival Rate)]
[Onmyouji Staff (
60% Survival Rate)]
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 2nd of June, 2008, 11:45
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.12 per day)
Groaning, Ryoshen drags himself up. Immediately, he feels the pain in his right arm. As he goes to stretch it, he grimaces, the movement only seeming to make it worse. Letting his injured limb hang limp at his side, Ryoshen ignores the pain and begins to survey his immediate surroundings.

Ryoshen's eyes go wide as he sees the chaos-strewn landscape. In the midst of the broken hull of the ship, there are bodies everywhere. He sees many crew members and soldiers alive, but Ryoshen is horrified when he notices how many dead Onmyouji lie around him. Children younger than him, students his age and older, even many of the elders. They're all dead.

"Oh no.."

His eyes sweeping about, he stops as he sees Dust lying nearby him. He quickly moves to the side of the other boy.

"Hey! Are you all right!?" he asks concerned, offering his hand to help Dust up.

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 2nd of June, 2008 at 14:29.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 2nd of June, 2008, 12:18
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Pain fills Ben's world. Vision slowly clouds the darkness of unconsciousness. His right arm feels numb but after a couple of seconds of near panic he find he can still move his hand. Wiping dust from his clothing as he stands, Ben murmurs “I'm getting to old for this shit.” He winces as he brushes dust from his shoulder, his hand comes away bloody. A deep gash mars the flesh where the arm meets the shoulder. Slowly pain fills his arm as his mind becomes more aware. Ben doesn't really mind the pain though, somewhere deep inside he actually likes it.

Moans from the area end this masochism though, as he looks around he sees bodies littering a giant smoldering crater. A sudden knowledge fills and frightens him, deep within his mind something tells him that this is nothing compared to what he could do. Worse, he know this is true. Moving deliberately he carefully begins checking on the bodies nearest to him. Smoke briefly wafts through his vision and he realize that the ship is nearby and is quickly being covered by flames. Dashing over he begins to pull bodies off of the ship.

Last edited by Erendiox; 7th of June, 2008 at 13:15.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 7th of June, 2008, 13:06
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Dust let himself be helped up and looked around. Fortunately, it seemed that his entire group had survived. Then he did a quick examination of his own body checking for wounds.

"Im fine. How about you? Still have your super powers?"

Last edited by Erendiox; 7th of June, 2008 at 13:14.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 7th of June, 2008, 13:42
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Nuada and Hale

The ship crunches by Nuada and Hale, leveling the tree that Nuada was just perched upon. It comes to rest some 50 yards away, the remainder of its wood and metal frame alight with flame. A figure comes crashing down to the floor in the ships wake, rolling through some debris and fallen vegetation nearby. As he gets slowly to his feet, the two realize he is a boy, albeit a rather large one. Judging from his complexion and clothing, he probably hails from the western isles and speaks Seatongue, like Hale. He does not notice Nuada or Hale's presence however. The boy checks some of the others around him that had fallen, then begins to pull others off the flaming ship as fast as he can. Many others around you are either dead or injured.

Nuada's eyes sharply survey the scene, missing no detail. Those that make up the dead seem to be composed of mostly children and teenagers all wearing robes of some kind of religious sect. Many of what seem to be their elders and teachers are dead as well. Some are injured and everyone that can move begins to group together and get their bearings. There are also a handful of soldiers among them, well trained, elite troops by the looks of it. Their commander is a large man, most likely dragonblooded by the texture of his skin and the fact that he's emerged from the crash utterly unharmed. Another child is being helped to his feet on deck. He stands out because he and the large boy lack the same clothing that seems standard among the rest of the children. They must be outsiders to whatever organization was aboard. It's not a shabby guess to say that this group was trying to escape something, perhaps persecution of some kind.

[Nuada: Awareness: (Perception 3 + Awareness 2) = 5(10,10,9,8,8) 7 Successes <superior dragon>]

Last edited by Erendiox; 7th of June, 2008 at 13:44.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 8th of June, 2008, 03:50
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Hale is only partially conscious. His clothing is torn and shredded by the encounter with the creature and with the rush of escaping the crash. His brow is dirty and dripping with sweat. He can barely stand and needs to hold onto Nuada to move any significant distance. He notices a small girl nearby who had fallen into the shelter of some trees and struggles to make words.

"Nuada..." He says with a dry, empty voice. "Yoren be'atsu adirs... I mean... you should go help. Just... leave me here to help this one." He motions to the girl under the trees. She appears to unconscious and bleeding slightly.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 8th of June, 2008, 06:52
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
Egam starts to feel a smooth cold current running beneath him. At first he thinks it is a bath, and he is home, and the confusion of his recent adventure was simply dream he had while half-awake, a sort of hallucination. He lays there on his back. He feels calm, but for only a second.

Then, the world hits him like a pile driver. Extreme pain surges into his senses, flooding his mind with agony. He turns on his left arm, in an effort to get on his hands and knees. It fails, as another wave of pain hits him as he starts to turn. It comes from his torso and left arm, and sends him reeling back on the ground. However, the water floods his wounds as he falls backwards, chilling with the cold and burning with the dirt in it. He stays at a half-way point, leaning painfully on his left arm to avoid both positions. With a great deal of will, he forces himself to his hands and knees. He grinds his teeth and winces. He feels the pain in his ribs and back; his ribs are broken and his back is sprained, as well as severly cut. His left arm is numb and bloody, and he can barely lift it. His legs are seemingly fine, but he can see how much blood he has lost, and he is getting weaker. His arms are streaked red, with cuts across his arms, and very visible red spots on his cloths. He can feel his blood coming out, the air in his wounds, and his nonstop pain.

He can see a large rock in the stream, tall enough for him to pull himself up if he can reach it. He crawls to the rock, and drags his body up the rock. His legs flail at the slippery rocks, the problem worsened by his weak state. But he gets up, and leans against the rock. He puts his back on the rock, and falls on it, trying to catch his breath. But he can hear something downstream. He agonizingly flips himself on the rock, wincing and breathing heavily when his front is on the rock. And, although blurry from the blood loss, his sight can make out a moving orange thing in the forest. When he focuses his vision, he can see the ship on fire.

With what strength he has, he walks slowly towards the ship. Every step moves his torso slightly, and a shock of pain runs up his body. But he keeps moving.
__________________
boobies

Last edited by youareanoobnoob; 8th of June, 2008 at 06:55.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 9th of June, 2008, 01:08
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.12 per day)
Ryoshen takes a moment to retract into himself. As he opens his mind's eye, he senses the bright warmth of Essence flowing through his body. With a little concentration, he directs however he pleases.

"I'm fine..." he says, his voice sounding distant and preoccupied.

Once again, Ryoshen scans around. Everything is much clearer this time. Egam making his way over, bloody, yet alive. Gustav and Kato, each providing necessary leadership. Two strange individuals who are far off. They weren't on the ship, and so far don't seem to be hostile

I'll need to check that out... Though, first things first.

And finally, he sees Benkei. The large boy is already up. Even wounded as he, the boy is already aiding in the rescue of the wounded and dead.

"He has the right idea,"
Ryoshen says to Dust while motioning to Benkei. "Come on, we need to help."

With that, Ryoshen finds people closest to danger and begins moving them away, beginning with the most badly wounded.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 7th of July, 2008, 10:13
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
It seems there's no choice but to help. Dust sighed and followed Ryoshen. After fumbling with someone's bandages and nearly making it worse he gave up. This was one thing that he had never paid much attention to back home. He remembers laughing at the thought of getting injured when they tried to teach him how to bandage himself. As long as you are strong and smart enough, you don't need to know how to heal. There was never the need.

I guess I lost to the others this time...

After some hard thinking Dust decided that the last thing this group needed is more trouble. The best thing he could do right now is to scout out the area to make sure no new trouble comes their way. With an excuse to get away from all these horribly wounded people that he couldn't help, he moved toward the forest and looked for anything suspicious.

Last edited by Erendiox; 7th of July, 2008 at 12:14.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 8th of July, 2008, 03:07
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Nuada grits her teeth, her eyes traveling from the scene of destruction to the girl to Hale, and back. Hale couldn't be in good enough condition to take care of an injured girl and keep himself conscious, so the choices left the the young girl were quite limited. Despite her concern for the passengers, Nuada didn't want to be seen or caught up in another fiasco like the one with the two Luanrs.

Sighing heavily, she glanced over at Hale and began to guide him over the the injured girl, looking around the entire time to make sure nobody would take too much notice of them.

"Come on Hale, let's sit you down over here and make sure this girl's okay.. but I don't know if it's a good idea to stay here, not knowin' what these people are about and all..."
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 19th of July, 2008, 12:21
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)

In the span of the next few minutes, a throng of passengers gather in a clearing of trees just nearby the burning airship. In the soft, yellow grass they lay down the bodies of those who were badly injured, dying, or dead. Gustav and Kato play key roles in this process, both of them skilled in medicine. Most of Gustav's men are also practiced in field medicine, so there is no lack of physicians. What there is a limited amount of is medical supplies, most of which is burning in the wreckage of the crash. Even if they had the supplies, unfortunately, many either died in the crash or are already beyond saving. The young suffer this the most. Onmyouji children and students compose most of those who are gone or beyond help. Teachers die as well, many being bookworms or older folk, neither of which well suited for surviving a crash. Most of Gustav's men and the crew emerge without injury or with minor wounds, though even their ranks have a few unaccounted for. A good number fell to their deaths before the impact or have been consumed by flames afterward.

Egam stumbles toward the group, his wounds slowing him to a shuffle. Recognizing the giant red hat, Gustav makes his way over to him. "Dragons have mercy..." he says as he notices the young boy's wounds. Without another word he begins stitching Egam up. He stops the bleeding with some difficulty and wraps him in a makeshift bandage made mostly of scraps of clothing. "Good as new." He says, managing a weak smile.

Kato makes his way toward Ryoshen, grabbing his attention. The old man is stoic but there is grief behind his eyes. "We cannot linger here. The Realm knows what you are now. Combined with Gustav's treachery and our escape, they will not stop searching for us." He turns to the line of bodies, each covered in some kind of cloth. "A grave must be dug but afterward we must leave."

Dust moves away from the scene of the crash. Intent on finding something suspicious, he finds what he was looking for. A tall, slender man, emerges from the brush and meets eyes with him, smiling immediately. He's covered in a big, brown cloak. "Oh hello there little guy!" He says in a half-whisper, approaching with a million dollar smile. "I was hoping you might be able to help me out. I'm looking for two kids, about your age. A girl and a boy, both really tall and tanned, one with overalls and the other with a whole buncha bandages? Ring any bells?" His smile is practically blinding the young assassin, along with his pale skin. There's another thing that's strange though, the way he's moving, the look in his eyes, the tone in his voice. It seems almost like he's wounded.

Hale and Nuada take refuge nearby the small girl, being as discreet as possible. Hale fumbles to try and stop the girl's bleeding. In the midst of this she wakes, opening a pair of deep green eyes. She looks at Hale first, who is half the way done with a messy bandage, then Nuada. She's not alarmed but instead displays an overt sense of concern. "Who are you?" She says plainly to the two newcomers.

Right around that moment, Benkei stumbles onto something. The sight of it hits him like a hammer. He had already carried half a dozen dead students and children to a resting place inside the grass clearing, but this was much, much worse. Half hidden and crushed by a chunk of fallen debris from the ship, he finds yet another body. Sprawled out and broken, Katsua lies motionless.

[Gustav: Stop Bleeding: (Wits 4 + Medicine 4) = 8(10,7,6,6,5,3,2,2) 3X vs Challenging <adequate>]
[Dust: Awareness: (Perception 2 + Awareness 2) = 4(10,7,5,4) 3X vs Challenging <adequate>]

Last edited by Erendiox; 19th of July, 2008 at 12:30.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 28th of July, 2008, 15:12
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.12 per day)
Head bowed and fists clenched, Ryoshen stood in silent reverence as Kato spoke. As he cast his gaze over each corpse in the line, painful memories of the recent past began to slip out of Ryoshen's subconsciousness. Dead. They were dead, just like the others. And yet, even after he had been bestowed with divine power from the very Sun himself, Ryoshen could not stop the inevitable. Tears began to stream down his cheeks.

"I wish... I could help..." he whispers aloud. "Maybe...."

In an instant, Ryoshen's eyes were glazed over, emanating a bright, golden light. The world was suddenly a much different place. No longer was he surrounded by the trees of a temperate plain, but a city of splendor. Or one that once was. It lay in ruin, the dark, bleak surroundings marked with slow burning fires and bodies. And standing in the midst of it all, no more than ten yards from him was a man. With a shaven head and modest robes, the man seemed strangely familiar. Ryoshen felt a connection unnaturally strong, and he looked on with curiousity as the man moved towards a body. Suddenly, the man was wreathed in brilliant flames. Kneeling down, he pressed his palm on the forehead of the deceased and spoke in a quiet voice.

"Finada pe'ase afatera layife meyi yu."

As the man spoke, Ryoshen's found his lips speaking the same words, words completely foreign to him. Yet, he understood it. His vision faded and blurred, and reality returned its previous state. Despite being strangely wreathed in the fires of his anima and in a completely different position from where he last remembered being, Ryoshen was unconcerned.

While the boy's consciousness explored something deep within him, his body moved of its own volition. Or perhaps, someone else's. Though Ryoshen had no memory or knowledge of it, Kato certainly saw it, as well as any onlookers. His eyes shining brightly, Ryoshen seemed to be a different person. Where he had been weak, he was strong, and where he was strong, he was stronger. As Ryoshen walked towards the line of bodies, a blazing corona of golden flames erupted around him, casting a bright light over the surroundings. Kneeling down, he touched a palm to the forehead of the first body. And the, with a voice of utter tranquility, he spoke in a language known only to those who communicate directly with Spirits with a most eloquent accent.

"Finada pe'ase afatera layife meyi yu."

Turning his head around, Ryoshen looked to Kato. His eyes returned to normal, he gaze the Onmyouji Master a warm smile.

"With this fire, I purify them,"
he states with newfound confidence. "With this magic, I calm their weary souls. I send them on to peace, in Heaven. Master, let us perform the traditional burial rites of the Onmyouji, and I will send them on to their rebirth."

[Spend 10m Peripheral to activate Anima power, burn 1m Peripheral to set Anima Banner to 11-15 level]

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 29th of July, 2008 at 01:52.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 4th of August, 2008, 13:44
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
With a sigh Ben sits hard. Emptily he stares down at the broken form of his younger friend. He feels as crushed as the body before him. Silently he fights back the urge to cry, why hadn't he protected his friend in the fall. Anger at himself begins to seep into Benkei's shocked state. How could he have become so afraid that he couldn't keep his promise. His grandfather wouldn't have been afraid, why should he be. Rage begins to build, this loss he cannot bear. Exuastion begins to catch up, the emptiness left by the shock becomes blinding agony over Katsua's death. Blackness fills his heart and his vision as the days events finally overtake him. He dreams.


A dark room with a single candle stands in front of Ben. The floor is covered in a blood red carpet black patters cover the perimeter barely seen in the dim light thrown by the candle. A figure sits in a massive dark oak chair. The candles light does not reach his face though yellow bloodshot eyes can be seen through the shadows. The figure speaks, its voice quite and at the same time booming.


You are weak, you are pathetic, you are worthless, you are insignificant, you are nothing.” Benkei is frozen in place, the room suddenly becomes unbearably cold. The light dims and the eyes fade to black.


You cannot protect anyone, you are powerless,” The voices deep bass shakes Ben's ribcage,”Tear your self open, boy. Make yourself gone, give me control. Then your inaction will not hurt anyone ever again.” A sadistic laughter fills the air. Fear grips Ben as his senses slowly dull. The last thing he hears before he is completely numb is, “Let the fear shake you, you can only hold me until you sleep”.


Waking slowly, Ben shakes with fear. He can feel death close by, breathing over his shoulder, waiting for him to sleep. Unstably Ben stands and begins to move rubble off the corpse. Carefully he lifts the body cradling it in his massive arms like a fragile newborn. Turning he begins to slowly walk back torwed the clearing where he had placed the other bodies. As he walks the flames off dozens of funeral pyres begin to grow. Face set in stone he walks on, bringing his friend to his final resting place.

Last edited by Erendiox; 20th of August, 2008 at 04:16.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 8th of August, 2008, 06:33
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Dust eyed the man suspiciously. There was nothing solidly wrong with him. It was just the strange pale skin and the way he was trying to hide his wounds that put the young boy on guard. Dust despised being called little. Last time that happened he had taught the older kid a lesson he wouldn't soon forget.

Keeping his inner thoughts hidden, Dust smiled warmly back at the man. "Well mister if you're looking for kids in bandages, just take a look around. There are plenty around here. A ship full of them just crashed after all." Dust started to walk away. "I hope you find who your looking for!" Still moving away he kept an eye on the suspicious man.

Tailing him should be fun and maybe i'll get a chance to pay him back for calling me little. Dust smiled, excited for the new game was starting.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 20th of August, 2008, 09:38
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Ryoshen's anima lights up the entire forest in golden light. What was a colorless, brittle forest now shines with a temporary vitality. The bodies of the fallen, wreathed in golden flames, disappear into eternal sleep. Benkei watches as Katsua's body evaporates into the light, the last he will ever see of the small boy. The blood, grime and pain of the scene is burned away. Even the wounded find some kind of ease at the sight of such a magnificent event. Any of the Onmyouji who had reservations about Ryoshen certainly have less to be skeptical about now and those who welcomed him at first see him as possibly the embodiment of all they stand for. Even Gustav and his men are taken aback at what could be looked upon as a small miracle.

Seeing the golden light in the near distance, Dust peers. Seeing Ryoshen at the center of the flames and the bodies being purified into dust, his belief in this "shining one" that he's found is further reinforced. Distracted by this bright display, Dust notices too late the whip of something flying through the air. A sharp pinch on his neck is alarming. Turning, he sees no trace of the man. A tiny glass blowdart is lodged in his neck.

[Unknown: 4X]
[Dust: Resist Surprise: (Perception 2 + Awareness 2) = 3(7,6,4,3) 1X <failure>]

Last edited by Erendiox; 20th of August, 2008 at 09:44.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 5th of October, 2008, 07:29
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Ignoring the pain Benkei places the body onto one of the pyres. The burns are penence, and deserved for not protecting his comrad. Stepping back he watches, a stoic observer amoungst the choas of flames danceing around before him.
__________________
When choosing the lesser of two evils remember your still choosing evil.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 12th of October, 2008, 08:36
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
It may not have been much, but Gustav's handy work on his wounds made him feel a lot better. He was content; even though the pain persisted, he wasn't going to bleed to death. He tried to move around, albeit slowly, in an effort to help some of the other injured people. He only learned about medicine from his parents, in watching them take care of the noble family that supported them. Births and sicknesses were all Egam knew, but extra hands were never refused in an emergency.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 17th of October, 2008, 12:51
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Katsua is gracefully consumed by flames, his figure evaporating into the light. Ryoshen's anima dies down and all that is left in its wake is a fine powder where the fallen once rested. Everyone is silent for a few more moments, quietly respecting the dead in passing. Despite the weight of the moment, Gustav is quick to move things along. He puts a firm hand on Kato's shoulder, speaking softly.

"We must go."

Kato nods and turns to the eyes of his people. "Gather what you can. Take only what can be carried." He turns to some of the older students. "Umi, Cecil, you and the others must carry the children who cannot walk. Hopefully we won't have to go far." He then turns to the remaining children. "Go now, grab what food you can carry." The children scurry away obediently towards the scattered wreckage of the ship returning quickly with assorted, slightly charred, but otherwise edible foodstuffs.

Nuada catches a flash of reflected light from far away. In the distance she can see a figure, one of the children by its size. It looked as if something had flown through the air towards it. Her attention, however, is snatched away by Sasha's sudden consciousness.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 23rd of October, 2008, 05:48
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
With some effort, Nuada drags her eyes from the proceedings in the distance to focus on the girl next to her.

"Who are you?"

Who am I?! HA! If only she knew... en't no way she's gonna find out. "Oh, us? Uh, we were jus' playin' in the woods till you all almost crushed us with your giant ship!" Nuada jests. Who am I? Who the hell are all these kids in the woods? And why are they all kids?!

"Now, if you don't mind me asking, who are you? Me and Hale here practically live here an' we en't ever seen kids crashin' down in giant airships before! An' why're you all kids, en't that a little dangerous?"

Nuada looks incredulously at the girl. She's all bandaged up now, and Hale seems to be recovering too, but that's not what worries her. That group of people in the distance are likely just as interested in them as she is in their little situation. It would be quite troublesome for more than one person to know about their location...
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Eternal; 5th of December, 2008 at 06:19.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 24th of January, 2009, 05:49
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
Egam rests for a moment, a little dissapointed that he couldn't really help much. He hears Gustav's orders, and trys to find his own supplies and grab some items he knows will be useful. He finds them under a beam in the ship, and manages to drag out the few items he had. He goes through the ship grabbing whatever he can find: a compass, maps, a small weapon (considering what has happened), and some foodstuffs.

When he is content with what he found, he heads out. He says to strange children kneeling down near one of the young girls. At first, he is alarmed, but he sees them trying to bandage her, and rushes over.

"Is she okay?" he says, and kneels down beside them. "Here, let me help."

Medicine roll [roll]3d10[/roll]

Last edited by youareanoobnoob; 24th of January, 2009 at 05:57.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 4th of February, 2009, 02:17
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
In a daze, Benkei begins to gather items to carry. Filled with remorse for his fallen comrad, he follows Gustav's orders like a zombie.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren