Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Blooming Dawn

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 29th of November, 2007, 03:34
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Nuada glares angrily as Raist and Hale flap their gums. Nuada turns her head, just enough to see the loud boy on her back, and growls, "What'd I tell you about guys like him? Those swords'll cut our brains out just as easy as those zombies!"

Turning back to Raist, Nuada gives him a menacing look and thanks him (barely) for his help, though she insists that they didn't really need it.

"Next time, know that your help en't necessarily needed. I know how to deal with people and dead people too. But I guess I owe you enough to hear what you want, since you helped us and all. Well, spit it out."

[Nuada: Investigation Attack (Preemptive): (Manipulation 3 + Investigation 1 + Stunt 2) = 6(7,5,5,4,4,2) 1 success]

Last edited by Erendiox; 4th of December, 2007 at 15:24.
  #77  
Unread 4th of December, 2007, 15:59
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Tick 0

"Why do you assume I want something out of you? I'm here as a protector and a guide. There are others, a group that will accept you. I only want you to come with me and meet them."

[Nuada: Investigation Attack: 1 success <failure>]
[Nuada: Join Debate: (Wits 4 + Awareness 2) = 6(10,9,4,4,3,1) 3 successes vs standard difficulty <superior>]
[Raist: Join Debate: (Wits 4 + Awareness 3) = 7(10,9,7,5,4,4,1) 4 successes vs standard difficulty <remarkable>]
[Hale: Join Debate: (Wits 3 + Awareness 0) = 3(10,7,5) 3 successes vs standard difficulty <superior>]
[Raist: Presence Attack (Speed 5, -2): (Charisma 4 + Presence 4) = 8(10,9,8,6,6,4,3,2) 4 successes vs MDV4 <failure>]

Last edited by Erendiox; 6th of December, 2007 at 04:54.
  #78  
Unread 5th of December, 2007, 00:21
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Tick 1

Nuada scoffs at Raist, giving him an incredulous look.

"Why would we need your help? You can barely keep up with us as is, and I'd barely feel safe with a bunch of Raists following me around. Besides, we en't goin' to trust some sand-blasted transformer that claims to want to help us? Who randomly comes up to two kids and tells them to come have fun with their friends. We're not stupid, and we don't trust you one bit!"

Nuada crosses her arms. That'll show him! What's his deal anyway...

[Nuada: Presence Attack (Speed 5, -2): (Manipulation 3 + Presence 0 + Stunt 2) = 5(9,9,5,4,4) 2 successes vs MDDV4 <failure>]

Last edited by Erendiox; 13th of December, 2007 at 01:16.
  #79  
Unread 13th of December, 2007, 01:44
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Tick 1

Hale frowns at Nuada. "B... but..."

[Hale: Guard(Speed 3, -0)]
  #80  
Unread 13th of December, 2007, 02:19
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Tick 5

Raist's brow tightens. He's angry suddenly. "You're IMPOSSIBLE. How did his shard ever come to someone like you... I'd understand if you're scared, but no... you're just selfish! Do you know how many young casteless get slaughtered by the hunt? How many succumb to chimerism? How FEW of us left that have lived more than a mortal lifetime?"

"You're going about this the wrong way Nain-Ya." shouts a young girl from nearby. The voice is the same as the one Raist had used earlier and a strange, cold intelligence rings through along with it. She stands just up ahead, Raist stopping at the sight of her. She turns to Nuada, who still bolts through the forest, and her gaze locks with the young gem thief. "If you want to see Aiea again you'll stop running."

[Nuada: Awareness: (Perception 3 + Awareness 2) = 5(10,7,6,6,1) 3 successes <superior>]
[Join Debate: Wendel: (Wits 5 + Awareness 5) = 10(10,8,7,7,6,5,5,4,2,2) 5 successes <astonishing>]
[Wendel: Presence Attack: (Manipulation 5 + Presence 5 + Stunt 2) = 12(10,9,9,8,6,4,4,3,3,2,2,1) = 5 successes vs MDDV0 (4 - Action 2 - Motivation 3) <phenomenal>]
  #81  
Unread 14th of December, 2007, 05:32
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Tick 6

Nuada watches the calm, collected Raist burst into anger with an air of satisfaction. But what was he talking about? Casteless? Chimerism? What did this have to do with her? Who was us? Well, she could tell that she and Raist were pretty similar. After all, she had changed into a human before, though that is all but a fleeting memory she had tried to forget...

A small, cold voice brings Nuada back to her senses. She doesn't understand the words spoken, but with the next statement she feels her heart skip a beat. "If you want to see Aeia again you'll stop running."

Nuada stops, stunned. Her mouth droops open and a torrent of questions and possibilities swirl through her head. Then comes anger.

Nuada bolts up to Wendel and shrieks, "Aiea?! What do you know 'bout Aiea? Where is he?!"

Nuada can feel tears welling up in her eyes as she approaches the little girl. "Who are you; what do you want want with me? WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" Nuada steps back and screams. The sound rips through the silent forest like shrieking metal.

The shocked Hale can hear a murder of crows causing a raucous in the distance. Nuada looks at Wendel, eyes dripping with anger, loss, and despair; the faint whir of essence flitting around her catches the salty sorrow and illustrates her desperate mood perfectly. She asks one last time, her voice barely audible, but deadly serious, "Tell me who you are and what you want before I tear you apart. I en't got time for your games."

[Nuada: Investigation Attack (Speed 5, -2): (Manipulation 3 + Investigation 1 + Stunt 6 + Intimacy 1) = 11(8,7,7,7,4,3,3,2,2,1,1) 4 successes vs nill <remarkable>]
[Nuada +9 motes +2 willpower +1 experience]

Last edited by Eternal; 19th of December, 2007 at 15:23.
  #82  
Unread 15th of December, 2007, 09:39
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Tick 10

Wendel takes a step back, her eyes wider, with glee or fear. Nuada's not sure which. "I didn't want it to come to this." Says Raist to Wendel, sheathing his sword and meeting the small girl's eyes. "Threatening her won't do any good."

"You said yourself she was impossible." muses the girl, again in the strange tongue. "We have no choice." She turns back to Nuada, taking her time in responding. A cold breeze moves through the bare trees, carrying with it the scent of pine and earth. A few rays of sunlight peek through the overcast sky. It's cool, on the edge of chilly. Wendel fixes her eyes on Nuada's with an expression of the utmost seriousness.

"My name is Kamasuchi Wendel, and this is Raistamane of Thorns. We are two of the three Silver Pact lunars sent to retrieve the reincarnation of our master. When he died, his second breath passed to you. We've been tracking you for the past month or so." Wendel reaches into her pocket and pulls out a gem, much like the one you found on the pirate ship, except this one glows a brilliant yellow. There's no doubt in Nuada's mind. She can practically see Aeia's eyes on the other side of the stone. What she holds is one of the five. "We found this along the way. Don't ask us how. All you need to understand is that you won't ever get your hands on it if you don't come with us. We're not your enemies, but we can't afford to keep chasing rogue casteless across the face of creation. Time is running out."

[Wendel: Presence Attack (Speed 5, -2): (Manipulation 5 + Presence 5 + Stunt 2) = 12(8,7,7,7,5,5,5,5,4,3,1,1) 4 successes vs MDDV0 (4 - action 2 - motivation 3) <remarkable>]

Last edited by Erendiox; 15th of December, 2007 at 10:17.
  #83  
Unread 19th of December, 2007, 01:44
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Yet another surprise leaves Nuada dazed. Another gem? What are the chances? Well, whatevers in store, Nuada needs that gem and probably won't be able to get it unless she decides to go along with them. The young Lunar looks from the gem to Wendel's face and frowns. They found her weak point, but she wouldn't give in so easily.

"You must not be as smart as you think you are, Wendel, because I can't think of a reason why I would know what Silver Pact or casteless is. Maybe you need to rethink your little plan, because you're really lacking some planning there."

Nuada sneered, finishing her bit with a smug look. "However... I guess I'll give you a chance to explain what the catch is. I don't believe you came all the way out here for my sake bearing gifts. If it's not too bad, I just might come along. With Hale of course" she finishes, pointing to the boy behind her. "He's my brother, you know."
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #84  
Unread 28th of February, 2008, 05:07
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Wendel smiles. "Nice try, but you met Hale just yesterday." She turns to him, the expression on her innocent features burrowing holes in the fabric of Hale's nerves. "Still... it's probably best for him to come along with us. Who knows what might be out there to take advantage of him."

Raist gives a reassuring smile to Hale. "Don't worry kid. You'll both be safe with us."

Suddenly there's a popping sound from beneath Nuada's feet. The ground seems to tremble and before she knows it, a hand grips her left ankle. There's no time to scream, no time to struggle. The hand pulls her downward, like a shackle pulling down into the underworld, and she falls... oh so far down. Only in midair does her voice come back to her, echoing down the long dark tunnel as she plummets violently to the floor.

She loses consciousness. It seemed like hours, days. Then her eyes open and a collection of bones and old clothes come into focus, lit only by two dim rays of light coming from holes in the ceiling. Immediately she notices the stink of raw meat and rot. Then there's a familiar groan from right beside her.

[Nuada: Fall Save: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 4) = 7 vs. standard difficulty <auto success>]
[Hale: Fall Save: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 1) = 4(10,6,4,3) 2 successes vs. standard difficulty <competent>]
  #85  
Unread 1st of March, 2008, 03:51
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Nuada rushes blindy over to Hale's side. As soon as she confirms his presence, she shakes him, wanting no more than to have another conscious person around.

"Psst, Hale, wake up! We en't got time to be sleepin' on the job." Nuada looks around again nervously. There was something uncomfortable about this place. It was stuffy and really smelled bad. "C'mon Hale! I don't like this place, let's get out of here!"
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #86  
Unread 5th of April, 2008, 13:04
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Hale groans again, forcing his eyes open. He's suddenly very awake. Seeing the situation, frighteningly cliche as it is, he begins to panic. Jumping up into the air with outstreched arms, he firmly fastens himself to Nuada, shivering violently.

"Shhhiiiit! We're in a monster's den! Lets get out of here! There must be zombies or spiders or something else horrible waiting to eat us!"
  #87  
Unread 5th of April, 2008, 13:21
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Before Nuada can agree or even complain about being latched onto, a long, outstretched arm shoots out of the darkness, grabbing a chunk of some rotting animal not far from where Nuada and Hale stand. The arm is fleshy and rotten, bones popping out of deformed joints, skin hanging. As the creature brings the fly infested meal to it's mouth, you catch a glimpse of its horrible face and jagged teeth. It moves closer, revealing the outline of what looks like many more legs and a round body. As if casually surveying its next meal, it turns two pinkish eyes toward the two children that stand on his dinner table.

[Join Battle: Nuada: (Wits 4 + Awareness 2) = 6(9,8,6,4,4,3) 2 Successes <superior>]
[Join Battle: Hale: (Wits 3) = 3(9,2,2) 1 Success <competent>]
[Join Battle: Giant Mutant Zombie Spider: (Wits 2) = 2(8,6) 1 Success <competent>]
  #88  
Unread 16th of April, 2008, 10:18
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Tick 0

Nuada holds her breath, thinking frantically of some method of escape. She didn't even bother the think of whether or not the rotting monster before them would be a worthy adversary; it was just so darn scary! Nuada's eyes dart around, surveying the surrounding den. There are three options open to her - run up, run down, or fight, but where will down lead them?


[Search for passages (Speed 5, -1): Nuada: (Perception 3 + Investigation 1) = 4(9,8,6,1) 2 Successes <superior>]

Last edited by Erendiox; 23rd of April, 2008 at 14:18.
  #89  
Unread 23rd of April, 2008, 14:26
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Tick 1

"Eeeeh!" Is all Hale can seem to say in face of this disgusting creature. The thought of being eaten for dinner doesn't help either. Drawing his spear and placing himself between the beast and Nuada, he slices the air menacingly. "Stay back you.... whatever you are!"

[Hale: Draw Weapon (Speed 5, -1)]
[Hale: Cover Nuada (Speed 5, -1)]

Last edited by Erendiox; 23rd of April, 2008 at 14:31.
  #90  
Unread 23rd of April, 2008, 14:57
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Nuada searches, hoping for a quick exit. Just when it seemed panic might be in order, there's a passage big enough to fit through just a stone throws away, partially hidden in bones and various other debris. She has no idea where it goes, but at the moment, she probably doesn't care.

The spider notices this new prey, poising a meaty arm to strike. Nuada, being the taller of the two, becomes the obvious target for the beast. Hale intercepts with an air of foolish determination, raising his spear high and fast with a shout, his caste mark flickering. The shout is the last thing you hear from him. A heaving blow casts him across the room, crashing into the wall and skidding into a heap of dead animal garbage on the opposite side of the chamber. Hale is covered in it and isn't moving. The faint glow of his caste mark flickers out.

[Hale: First Melee Excellency (4 motes) 4(6,5,2,2) +0DV]
[Hale: Intimacy (Nuada): 1(4) + 0DV]
[Giant Mutant Zombie Spider: Heavy Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Martial Arts 3 + Specialty 1) = 8(8,7,7,6,5,4,4,3) 3 Successes vs PDV0 <remarkable>]
[Giant Mutant Zombie Spider: Damage: (Strength 6 + Natural Weapon 3 + Accuracy 3 - Soak 3) = 9(9,8,8,7,7,6,6,3,2) 5B Damage]


Last edited by Erendiox; 24th of April, 2008 at 03:47.
  #91  
Unread 23rd of April, 2008, 23:03
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Tick 5

Nuada grimaces as Hale flies past her and crashes into the wall. Her eyes then flit between the small passage off to the side and that foolish heap of Hale. It would be soooo much easier just to leave the unfortunate soul there, slumped among the animal carcasses, but she had grown at least a little fond of him despite his misfortune. At least he wasn't too heavy.

Nuada let's out a sigh as she commits once again to lugging Hale around. More often than not it seems that Hale gets the royal treatment, riding on her back, unconscious or not. Well, now it was time for another ride.

Without warning, Nuada leaps back towards, scoops up Hale, and makes for the small hole in the wall. She can only hope there aren't more monsters that way.

Last edited by Eternal; 24th of April, 2008 at 02:29.
  #92  
Unread 24th of April, 2008, 04:05
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The beast watches Nuada with pale, pink eyes as she leaps across the room. Digging through the gunk, she heaves Hale's heavy body over her shoulder. He's limp as a noodle and bleeding from his forehead and his jaw. With that, she makes a break for the opening in the wall.

Tick 7-10

The spider will have none of this. Seeing the food run away seems to make it angry. With a slurping roar, it raises a second meaty arm to strike. The mass of rotting flesh crunches the ground with a vertical pound, missing Nuada's swiftness by a few feet. The impact is still enough to jostle her a little and shake the entire cavern, sending broken bones and animal skulls about. Nuada can hear a slightly more disappointed roar as she squeezes her way through the tight passage, out of the creature's reach.

End Combat

Nuada continues onward for a few minutes. The walls widen eventually and open up into a small cave that leads into the forest once again. The trees have no leaves, just as you left them. No green as far as you can see. Raist and Wendel also seem nowhere to be found.

[Giant Mutant Zombie Spider: Heavy Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Martial Arts 3 + Specialty 1) = 8(7,5,4,3,3,1,1,1) 1 Success vs DDV2 (4 - Action 1 - Carrying Hale 1) <failure>]
  #93  
Unread 25th of April, 2008, 02:33
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Finally back in familiar territory, Nuada props a drooling Hale against the nearest tree and takes a look around. Now that she has a second to collect herself, she realizes how relieved she is that Hale wasn't too badly injured. Sure, he's pretty beaten up and bruised, but he'll just be sore for a while. Too sore to walk...

Nuada's relief immediately turnes back into dissapointment. How long is she going to have to lug him around? Letting out the usual sigh, the young Lunar makes her way back to Hale. She scampers up a near tree to get her bearings and the time of day, and hops down to go check on her luggage.
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #94  
Unread 31st of May, 2008, 06:32
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Nuada can see a good long way from the top of the tree. To your left is the inland sea, to your front and right and ever expansive forest with mountains in the far distance. It's overcast, so Nuada can't see the sun, though she's pretty sure it's about midday. A rumbling sound tears her from her musings. Turning around, she notices there's something in the air coming her way. After peering for a few moments, Nuada can tell it's a ship of some sort but there's no time to spend figuring out exactly what it is. It's fast, on fire, and coming straight for her. The ship hits the ground shallow, tearing up the earth and trees as it skids along the forest floor straight toward where Hale and the base of Nuada's tree rests.
  #95  
Unread 6th of June, 2008, 13:03
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Nuada whisks down the tree as if it were a staircase. There was no time to spare - the ship was approaching fast. Landing lightly on the ground, Nuada slaps some life into Hale and drags him as far off to the side as she can before he actually stumbles ahead on his own. They keep running, Nuada hoping the whole time that her calculations were correct and that the ship doesn't change course.
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #96  
Unread 7th of June, 2008, 13:42
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The ship crunches by Nuada and Hale, leveling the tree that Nuada was just perched upon. It comes to rest some 50 yards away, the remainder of its wood and metal frame alight with flame. A figure comes crashing down to the floor in the ships wake, rolling through some debris and fallen vegetation nearby. As he gets slowly to his feet, the two realize he is a boy, albeit a rather large one. Judging from his complexion and clothing, he probably hails from the western isles and speaks Seatongue, like Hale. He does not notice Nuada or Hale's presence however. The boy checks some of the others around him that had fallen, then begins to pull others off the flaming ship as fast as he can. Many others around you are either dead or injured.

Nuada's eyes sharply survey the scene, missing no detail. Those that make up the dead seem to be composed of mostly children and teenagers all wearing robes of some kind of religious sect. Many of what seem to be their elders and teachers are dead as well. Some are injured and everyone that can move begins to group together and get their bearings. There are also a handful of soldiers among them, well trained, elite troops by the looks of it. Their commander is a large man, most likely dragonblooded by the texture of his skin and the fact that he's emerged from the crash utterly unharmed. Another child is being helped to his feet on deck. He stands out because he and the large boy lack the same clothing that seems standard among the rest of the children. They must be outsiders to whatever organization was aboard. It's not a shabby guess to say that this group was trying to escape something, perhaps persecution of some kind.

[Nuada: Awareness: (Perception 3 + Awareness 2) = 5(10,10,9,8,8) 7 Successes <superior dragon>]
  #97  
Unread 7th of June, 2008, 13:43
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
***THREAD CLOSED***
Please resume posting in Chapter 1 - The Gathering
__________________
I am what the Dragonblooded call Anathema. I of the same as the Founder. I am Exalted, a progeny of the Sun.
- Tenka Ryoshen
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 03:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren