Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Blooming Dawn

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 15th of February, 2008, 10:55
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Darkness fills Ben's vision again as panic breaks out. Looking around a smile sneaks onto his face. Choas and despair fill the courtyard, beside him his companion begins to prey. The words are lost on Ben as he charges forward however. Demons once again fill his vision as he rushes out at the sneering visage that is the Scarlet Dragon-blooded.

“CES UN BUEN DA PARA QUE USTED MUERA!” he shouts a cry he had once heard when his parents had borded a ship, he didn't know why he said it or even what it ment but something it the back of his head told him saying it was right.

[dash action]
__________________
When choosing the lesser of two evils remember your still choosing evil.

Last edited by Phidoe; 15th of February, 2008 at 10:59.
  #52  
Unread 26th of February, 2008, 02:33
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Katsua's blind anger finally finds itself mere inches from the woman clad in red armor. He reaches out and tries to strike her, a gesture that she avoids without so much as batting an eyelash. The Dragonblooded's grin ever widens as her boot remains for the young initiate to trip over, planting him in the dirt. Katsua's nose is bloodied as he struggles to lift his tear stricken face to hers.

"Go ahead boy!" She shouts, taunting him over the bellowing noise of the ship. "You worthless $hit! Save your friend! or haven't you got it in you, you pathetic mortal?"

A cry and a sudden burst of golden light seems to answer her. The Onmyouji, even in their fervor to escape, stop and turn to see this amazing erupution of power and magic. The sound of widespread awe echos across the temple grounds. Astonished, the dragon in red stares.

Last edited by Erendiox; 21st of March, 2008 at 15:14.
  #53  
Unread 9th of March, 2008, 13:57
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Dust moved forward slowly as he emerged from the crowd. He focused only on the Dragonblooded who was too distracted by Katsua to see him.

This is my chance.

Dust silently dashed the remaining distance forward and dropped a flash bomb into his right hand and a smoke bomb into his left. Once he was close enough, Dust flicked the bomb in his right over his shoulder and the one in his left at the ground in front of the dragonblooded.

For a split second Dust wasn't sure of what to say. Then he remembered what a particularly stupid and now severely injured boy had once said to him.

"Hey $hitface over here!"

As she looked towards him, the bombs went off. The first one behind his back blinds her for a moment, silhouetting him in a brilliant flash of light. The second one by her feet creates a quick cloud of confusing smoke as Dust tackles in an attempt to free the boy.

[Dust: stealth (Dex 3 + Stealth 2) = 5(7,7,2,2,1)=2 successes]
[Dust: attack(Dex 3 + MA 2) = 5(10,7,6,5,1) =3 successes]

Last edited by CouchpotatoGOD; 9th of March, 2008 at 14:09.
  #54  
Unread 21st of March, 2008, 15:57
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Dragon. I wont allow this to continue any longer...

The words trail off in her mind. Only a dull rage fills her thoughts. Like all the others... this one must die with them.

"Anathema..." She rasps back with all her hate.

Raising her dagger higher to end the boy's life, someone shouted the last thing she ever expected to hear at this moment.

Hey $hitface over here!

She turns and is instantly blinded by a flash of light, the image of a small figure burned into the back of her retinas. As she forces her eyes open, the dragon has the chance only to see a blurred shape emerge from a cloud of smoke before Dust is on top of her. He bowls her over, grabbing hold as tight as he can and they both fall to the ground. The boy, Taishi, flies out of her arms in the confusion. Unhurt save for a few bruises and cuts, he makes a break for the airship.

[Dust: Stunt Dice: 2(9,4) 1 Success]
[Scarlet Dragonblooded: Awareness: (Perception 4 + Awareness 4 - 3 Big Distraction) = 5(8,5,4,2,1) 1 Success]
[Scarlet Dragonblooded: First Melee Excellency: (3 motes) = 5(8,8,6,4,2) +2 DV)
[Dust: Stealth: 1 + 2 = 3 Successes vs 1 Success <superior>]
[Dust: Clinch: 1 + 3 = 4 Successes vs DV2 <superior>]
[Clinch strength 2 (Dust)]
[Ryoshen's Distances: Scarlet Dragonblooded 7 yards]
[Egam's Distances: Scarlet Dragonblooded 12 yards]
[Benkei's Distances Scarlet Dragonblooded: 0 yards]
  #55  
Unread 28th of March, 2008, 12:02
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.12 per day)
Ryoshen’s eyes go wide, his face contorted in a horrified stare. Aghast, he stops dead in his tracks as the Dragon poises her blade to strike down Taishi, only to be surprised once more. Ryoshen shields his eyes with his forearm as light erupts around the Dragon, followed by a burst of smoke. As his eyes readjust, a tangled mass rolls out of the smoke, followed by a small shape scurrying off in the direction of the ship.

How? What…? That must be Taishi running there. Good… That has to be the Dragon, but how…? Wait? Is that the creepy kid?!

Indeed, it was the creepy kid, and to Ryoshen’s complete surprise he had the Dragon pinned. His horror relieved now that Taishi was safe, a new emotion begins to boil in Ryoshen: rage. He had conquered his fear, if even just temporarily, but resentment still lingered. It now grew, feeding off the Dragon’s despicable attempt at murder. Through gritted teeth, a seething Ryoshen forces out a bark to the few around him.

“Katsua! Egam! Ocean-boy! Get to the ship, NOW! The other one and I’ll follow shortly!”

Taking a step forward, Ryoshen crouches. Exploding forward and upwards, he leaps into the air aided by the Essence that races through his body and soul, a burst of stone, sand, and dust erupting from the ground in his wake. Ryoshen roars, consumed with savage fury.

“DRAGON!”

Ryoshen soars through the air like a comet, his anima forming a tail behind him. With a tremendous crash, shards of cracked tiles and billowing dust fills the air as Ryoshen lands before the Dragon and the creepy kid. His expression feral, he snarls at the Dragon and carelessly reaches a hand into the fray, dragging up both her and the creepy kid even as they struggle about.

“You DARE try to take his life?! YOU are the Anathema; YOU are the DEMON!”

Essence erupted all around Ryoshen’s free arm he raised it into the air.

“This is for every innocent life you’ve taken!” he shouted, slamming his fist into the Dragon.

A small flash of light ensues, the impact ringing like a struck anvil.


“This is for the Shrine of Gyoja and all who fell there that day!”

His fist strikes the dragon again, a sledgehammer smashing granite.


“AND THIS is for all the lives you would take this day and the next!”

Ryoshen holds his fist for a second before bringing it down, the blow reverberating like a blast of thunder.



[Standing Leap (Move Action w/ Monkey Leap): {(Strength 2 + Athletics 1) x2} x2 (from Monkey Leap) = 12 yards max, jump to Scarlet]
[Activate 1st Martial Arts Excellency]
[Flurry: 3 Punches, Fierce Blows (Speed 5, DV -3)]
[Punch: (Dexterity 3 + Martial Arts 3 + Accuracy 1 + 1st Martial Arts Excellency 6 - Flurry 3) = 10(
9 9 2 6 2 10 107 2 10) 9 - 1 (Fierce Blow) = 8 Sucesses]
[Punch: (Dexterity 3 + Martial Arts 3 + Accuracy 1 + 1st Martial Arts Excellency 6 - Flurry 4) = 9(
9 1 710 1 7107 6) 8 - 1 (Fierce Blow) = 7 Successes]
[Punch: (Dexterity 3 + Martial Arts 3 + Accuracy 1 + 1st Martial Arts Excellency 6 - Flurry 5) = 8(
9 9 9 9 5 3 4 7) 5 - 1 (Fierce Blow) = 4 Successes]
[18m spent on 1st Martial Arts Excellency (4m Personal, 12m Peripheral)]
[Anima Banner: Totemic (16m Peripheral spent over the course of the battle)]

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 3rd of April, 2008 at 09:13.
  #56  
Unread 3rd of April, 2008, 06:56
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
In the Dragonblood's eyes, there is a mix of anger and bewilderment. Ryoshen's fists come down on her like hammers, with all the rage that he can muster. Prayer strips appear from nowhere, surrounding and enveloping the golden sage that appears to follow the boy's movements. Each blow is made twofold by the brilliant, four armed figure. The first two strikes knock the wind from her lungs. The third bloodies her jaw, knocking her face to the side and into the dirt and stone of the temple floor. A few drops fall, her eyes wide with disbelief and rage.

[Ryoshen: Stunt Dice: 4(7,5,3,3) +1 Success, 4(10,7,5,4) +3 Successes, 4(9,4,3,3) +1 Successes]
[Ryoshen: Attack: 8 + 1 = 9 Successes vs DV0 <astonishing dragon>]
[Ryoshen: Attack: 7 + 3 = 10 Successes vs DV0 <phenomenal dragon>]
[Ryoshen: Attack: 4 + 1 = 5 Successes vs DV0 <phenominal>]
[Ryoshen: Damage: (Strength 2 + Fierce Blows 3 + Strike 9 - Soak 12) = 2(10,1) 1B Damage]
[Ryoshen: Damage: (Strength 2 + Fierce Blows 3 + Strike 10 - Soak 12) = 3(10,5,3) 1B Damage]
[Ryoshen: Damage: (Strength 2 + Fierce Blows 3 + Strike 5 - Soak 12) = Minimum Damage 1(7) 1B Damage]
[Ryoshen +4 motes +1 willpower]

Last edited by Erendiox; 3rd of April, 2008 at 13:35.
  #57  
Unread 9th of April, 2008, 12:15
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Chaos and light blaze around Benkei as he runs towered the dragonblooded. Clutter fills his mind, confusion is the only sence he trust. Then, suddenly, his mind is cleared as a golden god appears. Hope fills him, mind freed he reaches out grabing katsua by the back of the neck. Quickly he drags him out of harms way.

[grab kat and dash to ship]
__________________
When choosing the lesser of two evils remember your still choosing evil.

Last edited by Phidoe; 9th of April, 2008 at 12:18.
  #58  
Unread 17th of April, 2008, 13:05
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
Egam stood there, tense but ready. He was no warrior, but he was not about to let a young boy just die. He had to do something.
But, just as he was waiting for the fight, he turned to Ryoshen. He seemed to be in a different place, switching from fear, to sadness, then resolve, with Egam wholely confused at the sight. Then, suddenly, Ryoshen exploded with light, covering the rubble in light. He glowed intensely, his forehead covered in a bright, cryptic rune. Egam is scared at the sight, and falls to feet, pure fright overwhelming him. He's not sure if he should be running from Ryoshen, or the Dragonbloodeds.

Egam stumbles to his feet, staring in bewilderment at the miniature titan before him. As Ryoshen goes mad and rushes the Dragonblooded, Egam notices some movement out of the corner of his eye. Benkai was pulling Katsua out of the brawl. With Katsua safe, Egam starts to slowly back away from the fight, staring at Ryoshen. The sounds of the airship draw his attention in the opposite direction. Egam slowly turns away from them, and runs towards the airship.

[Egam: Dash(Speed 3, -2)]

Last edited by Erendiox; 19th of April, 2008 at 07:43.
  #59  
Unread 23rd of April, 2008, 13:55
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The dragonblood is through struggling. She grabs Dust by the throat, her long, sinuous fingers reaching all the way around his small, child sized neck. Dust doesn't make it easy for her, but she tears free and, like tossing away some intolerable baggage, hurls him violently into the nearest stone pillar. An explosion of rock and dust is strewn about as the pillar is utterly destroyed, a spikey stump all that remains. Dust meets the soft earth, having mostly flown through the object he was hurled into. Amazingly, he rolls and ends on his feet, the little bastard. Escaping with the hair on his head and all of his limbs, he makes his fastest toward the airship.

[Dust: Grapple Check: (Dexterity 3 + Martial Arts 2) = 5(8,8,7,7,3) 4 Successes]
[Scarlet Dragonblooded: Third Martial Arts Excellency (3 Motes)]
[Scarlet Dragonblooded: Grapple Check: (Dexterity 5 + Martial Arts 3) = 8(10,10,10,6,4,4,3,1) 6 Successes]
[Clinch Strength 0 (Scarlet)]
[Scarlet: Throw(Speed 6, -1): (Strength 3 - Stamina 2) = 1(8) 1B Damage]
[Dust: Knockdown Check: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 2) = 5(8,8,6,6,2) 2 Successes vs. Difficult <adequate>]

Last edited by Erendiox; 27th of April, 2008 at 13:12.
  #60  
Unread 24th of April, 2008, 05:01
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.12 per day)
Tick 11

Ryoshen shows very little surprise as the Dragon easily takes control of the grapple, wincing as she throws Dust into the pillar. Upon seeing the creepy kid come out relatively unscathed and running, he breathes a soft sigh of relief. Ryoshen turns his eyes back to the Dragon. His blood rages still, but logic begins to resurface.

Vengeance... I must... The greater good... AHHH!

Ryoshen roared, his frustration vented in an Essence-enhanced scream. Without turning around, he leaps backward in an explosion of stone, dust and shattered tile. Turning in midair, Ryoshen is already sprinting as he hits the ground, leaping once more onto the deck of the great ship as he reaches its hull. As he moved, the teachings he was raised on for the past five years are continuously voiced in his mind.

The third code of the Onmyouji: The well-being of others must come before the satisfaction of self.

[Monkey Leap (Horizontal, part of Dash): 2*(Strength 2 +Athletics 1) = 6 yards * 2 = 12 yards]
[Dash Action (Speed 3, DV -2): Dex 3 + 6 = 9 yards per tick]
__________________
erendiox (12:14:36 AM): utter chaos is what feeds my insatiable hunger

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 24th of April, 2008 at 08:22.
  #61  
Unread 28th of April, 2008, 11:20
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Egam reaches the deck first and notices what's happening on the other side. A dozen soldiers are scattered about the port side of the ship with bows, concentrating their fire on the three Dragonblooded below, forcing them to take cover behind stone pillars. Gustav himself coordinates the barrage along with another, seemingly his right hand man. A large part of the deck is charred, suggesting there were some pyrotechnics at some point. Benkei reaches the deck as well, Katsua in tow, and sees another half a dozen crewmen who remind him of the crews he's seen on ships in the West, execpt these ones are fearing for their lives, hiding behind whatever will save them from fire and blades. With Dragonblooded around, who would blame them.

Ryoshen bolts back to the airship, grabbing onto the rope net that had been thrown over the side. Then Dust arrives below him as he climbs and there's only mere moments until the Scarlet Dragon shows you just how angry she is. The sounds of battle can be heard from the other side of the ship and the occasional explosion can only be attributed to the brutishly large Dragonblooded with the hammer. Gustav pops his head over the railing of the main deck, his hair dissheveled and black marks dirtying his face. Seeing the remaining stragglers on the net, there's a brief smile before be turns and shouts to his helmsman.

"Hold on!" He shouts back down at you just a moment before the ship shudders and launches itself into the air. Egam and Benkei, the ones already on deck, watch down on the other side of the ship as a great pillar of dark water bursts up from the floor where Tepet Dao stands. Amid the tempest, they can barely see a figure chanting, holding up one outstretched hand, the mark of water burning on his forehead. The sorcerer touches a finger to the large Dragonblooded shoulder and a moment later, the giant throws his hammer. It comes at the ship like a missle, the entire airship tremoring with the impact. The helmsman falls over and the ship turns momentarily sideways, starboard side down. Those currently climbing up that side, namely Dust and Ryoshen, have the unpleasant experience of free hanging for their lives some 100 feet off the ground. Miscellaneous things fall from the deck onto the city streets below before the ship levels out and climbs even higher.

As the City of the Steel Lotus grows small in the distance and all are safely on deck, everyone's attention is torn between the burning Anathema on their vessel and the flames bellowing from a smoldering hole in the ship's engines. Gustav's expression is certainly surprise but not overly so. As the leader of this rebellious escapade, he has his priorities. He shouts orders to his men, telling them to ignore the boy, and emphasizes the pile of burning corpses they'd be if they were to crash from this alititude. Many of the crew do what they are told, running about to gather spare parts and patch the engine up as best they can. A few simply continue to stare and judge the small temple initiate who still glows like a bonfire, the demon sign printed on his forehead.
  #62  
Unread 4th of May, 2008, 07:08
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Benkei lets out a deep sigh as he drops Katsua to the deck. The chaos that fills the deck delights him in some primal way. He feels right, standing on the deck of a anothers ship with deckhands cowering behind crates. His hand drifts to his cutless, a cutless that he dosn't have, nor has ever had. The inability to spill blood angers him.

Then the anger is gone as a brilliant bolt of golden light vaults onto the side of the ship. The strange boy with the powers of the gods, hangs from the ship side. Ben cannot help but stare in aw, strange how can this boy's meer presence calm the savageness of his mind so quickly and totally?

"What are you?” Ben finds himself asking, not for the first time either.

Last edited by Phidoe; 4th of May, 2008 at 14:54.
  #63  
Unread 4th of May, 2008, 09:11
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.12 per day)
Feeling the relief of escape wash over him, Ryoshen relaxed. Though while he had escaped immediate harm with his friends and compatriots, he realized that prying eyes and troubled stared surrounded him. A small part of him felt frightened and insecure, unsure of how he could possibly convince such strangers that he wasn't the monster they were raised to believe the Solars were.

'Words may fall upon deaf ears and closed minds, but actions will always ring true.'

The principle rang forth in Ryoshen's mind. Head held high and eyes forward, he walked over to Kato, bowing his head in respect once he arrived.

"Sifu, is everyone accounted for?"

---------------------------------

After receiving Kato's answer, Ryoshen respectfully excused himself with another bow. He walked over to Egam, his face troubled.

"Egam...."
Ryoshen said, his concern evident in his tone.

"Your home... Your family... Why did you leave that all behind? Don't you think they will be sad and worried? Do they even know you left?!"

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 4th of May, 2008 at 14:27.
  #64  
Unread 6th of May, 2008, 02:13
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
For Egam, the crewman running back and forth trying to repair the airship was overwhelming. He tried to move through the hurrying crewmen, looking for a quite, calmer place. He finds his spot, a small bench on the top floor of the guts of the ship. He sits there, curling his legs up so he is holding them in a fetal position. He just wants to be alone...his family...

"Egam...."

Egam looked up to see Ryoshen, with a concerned look on his face.

"Your home... Your family... Why did you leave that all behind? Don't you think they will be sad and worried? Do they even know you left?!"

Egam had no intention of directly leaving his family. He just got caught up in all of this. From bumping into Ryoshen, to the thugs in the alley, to this situation, Egam had been swirled up into this whirlwind of a day. Egam wasn't a strong child; he had trouble asserting himself. He wanted to go home, but he didn't want to just leave this people, in there situation...

Still though, he wanted his family...this was too much for him...

He looked at Ryoshen, and began to break down, his face slowly beginning to shake. His eyes began to water and his lip began to quiver. He started to cry, and put his face in his hands, crying a lot.
  #65  
Unread 7th of May, 2008, 11:57
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
He had proven himself in the fight thus earning his place in this strange group. Besides, where would they have been without him? Perched on the railing and feeling generally pleased with himself, Dust observed the other boys. The strange change in the boy who glows made him want to try to find differences between him and the others.

It's pathetic. One of them is crying.

Eventually, his attention drifted downward to the ground flying by, this was his first time on an airship and he couldn't help but feel an urge to explore...
  #66  
Unread 8th of May, 2008, 14:54
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Everyone from the shrine is gathered in the center of the airship, most of them in prayer, others trying to comfort the younger children. Many of them are frightened. Kato turns away from them to Ryoshen. The solar's glow has thankfully died down, only his caste mark remaining in plain view. While the sheer presence of Ryoshen's anima is gone, it does little to ease the minds of those who continue to stare with unease.

"Yes. It's amazing no one was hurt. Not even the young one." Just inside of earshot, Ryoshen can see Taishi give him a smile from ear to ear. It seems, after being removed from the clutches of that mad woman, he's in a rather good mood. Turning toward the strange small boy observing from the railing of the ship, Taishi waves enthusiastically, recognizing the one who had come to his aid. "All we can do now is hope."

He turns to the engines, and so do the rest of you. Black smoke still billows. Three of the engineers are hard at work with tools to patch it up. "There's no telling how long this will stay in the air."


Last edited by Erendiox; 8th of May, 2008 at 14:56.
  #67  
Unread 31st of May, 2008, 06:09
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The flight continues onward. After some long hours of work, the engineers finally manage to patch the engines. There's no more smoke, but there are still some occasional clanking and rattling sounds. 3 days pass, the nights freezing cold from the wind and altitude, the days hot with the nearby sun. Gustav keeps his men at work. The mornings are full of exercises, the days full maintenance of their armor and weapons. Inbetween this, the soldiers spar and interact with the Onmyouji students and the airship crew. The students find this change of place and company to be very exciting despite the previous chain of events and most are eager to converse with Gustav's men. The initiates stay close to the teachers and to Kato, though some venture out toward Dust, Benkei, or Egam, children only slightly older than they. Ryoshen is generally avoided by most on board, especially by the airship crew, though the close quarters make it somewhat difficult to do so.

On the third day it happens. The engine compartment explodes suddenly, red hot flames pouring out and rising into the air. The day's activities are interrupted as the ship tilts into a dangerously steep dive. The children on board scream. Gustav shouts for his men to secure their equipment. Kato gathers the Onmyouji together on one side of the ship. The ship descends faster and faster, the flames rising higher. Everyone grabs hold of something for fear of being blown off the deck. The clouds, once below you, now strangle the ship in fog for a few panicked seconds. Once the ship passes through them, the woodlands down below can be seen clearly. The inland sea is in the distance. One of the airship's crew shouts to Gustav above the sound of wind and flames. "The stabilizer's been damaged! We can't ascend!"

"What the hell can we do then!?!" Gustav bellows back in frustration, holding onto the railing for support. "Nothing!" the crewman shouts back, barely audible over the screaming wind. There's another explosion just before the impact and the ship rolls into a slow spin. There's a collective scream as many of those aboard are thrown off into the trees. Others hold on for their lives as the airship collides with the ground in fiery splendor, the crushed chassis leaving a trench through the forest some 200 yards long before coming to rest in a hollow of trees. Those that managed to hold on the entire time scramble to escape as the ship fully ignites in black smoke and flame.

Ryoshen finds himself still on board after the crash, a small burn across his arm from rolling too close to the flaming engines. He risks more if he stays where he is. The deck is already catching fire. Egam was thrown off the ship during the tumble and landed painfully into a shallow stream full of pointy rocks. Thankfully he managed to hold onto his hat for the entirety of the fall. He is bleeding very badly. Benkei too was thrown off, landing hard into the earth. Several other children are scattered around him, hurt or unconscious. Benkei is dirty and bruised but mostly unharmed. Dust got hit by some passing trees, being too close to the edge of the railing, and finds himself next to Ryoshen on deck after the crash. Those that were thrown off the ship are no more than 30 yards from the smoldering wreckage, surrounded by pieces of metal and wood. The sounds of those wounded are ever present.

[Ryoshen: Crash Save: (Stamina 2 + Resistance 3) = 5(9,9,4,4,1) 2X <failure>]
[Benkei: Crash Save: (Stamina 3 + Resistance 2) = 5(
10,4,1,1,1) 2X <failure>]
[Egam: Crash Save: (Stamina 2 + Resistance 2) = 4(
9,6,4,1) 1X <failure>]
[Dust: Crash Save: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 2) = 5(
9,7,5,3,1) 2X <failure>]
[Gustav: Crash Save: (Stamina 5 + Resistance 5) = 10(
10,8,8,7,6,6,6,3,3,2) 5X <superior>]
[Gustav's Men: Crash Save: (Stamina 3 + Resistance 3) = 6(
10,9,9,5,3,1) 3X <adequate>]
[Airship Crew: Crash Save: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 1 + Specialty 1) = 5(
10,8,8,1,1) 3X <adequate>]
[Kato: Crash Save: (Dexterity 4 + Athletics 4) = 8(
9,7,6,5,5,5,4,2) 2X <failure>]
[Onmyouji Initiates: Crash Save: (Dexterity 2 + Athletics 1) = 3(
7,1,1) 1X <failure>]
[Onmyouji Students: Crash Save: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 2) = 5(
8,3,2,2,1) 1X <failure>]
[Onmyouji Staff: Crash Save: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 3) = 5(
10,8,4,2,1) 2X <failure>]


[Ryoshen (3L - Soak 1) = 2(
10,3) 1L Damage]
[Benkei (3L) = 3(
8,4,1) 1L Damage]
[Egam (5L) = 5(
8,8,7,4,1) 3L Damage]
[Dust (3L) = 3(
8,3,2) 1L Damage]
[Gustav's Men (
80% Survival Rate)]
[Airship Crew (
80% Survival Rate)]
[Kato (3L - Soak 1) = 2(3,1)]
[Onmyouji Children (
40% Survival Rate)]
[Onmyouji Students (
40% Survival Rate)]
[Onmyouji Staff (
60% Survival Rate)]

Last edited by Erendiox; 31st of May, 2008 at 06:34.
  #68  
Unread 31st of May, 2008, 06:38
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
***THREAD CLOSED***
Please resume posting in Chapter 1
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 03:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren