Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Blooming Dawn

Unread 29th of June, 2007, 07:13
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Member: #672
Sorry Dave, no Sidereals. They're the exalt type I know least about, not to mention I don't have any Sidereal books.

As far as your character idea Dust, sounds like it could work. I just need to know more about Ayame. If you could, work out some sembiance of a backstory and i'll see about fitting it into the game. It would be wise if we didn't introduce you until a bit later on also, especially considering the characters we have already have yet to all meet, so lets keep things moving guys .
Unread 29th of June, 2007, 15:00
Eternal
Wight

Member: #745
that sounds awesome i'll talk to you more about this in private
Unread 1st of July, 2007, 00:14
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

For those of you that don't know, i'll be in cape cod until next saturday. I'll have my computer with me, so i'll try to keep up with postage, but don't expect to find me on AIM too much. The wall and PMs would be the best way to contact me.
Unread 3rd of July, 2007, 04:06
Eternal
Wight

dan said that i should take over while he's gone.

everyone gets 100 experience and 1 dot of permanent essence!!!!

good job!

OMG! HERE COMEES MASK OF WINTERS!!!11! OMGWTFBBQq!!@@2!! HIDE!122

just kidding btw...
Unread 3rd of July, 2007, 07:20
Phidoe
Ghoul

Member: #2739
zomg i shots lazzers out of my ii's pwew pwew!!! I crit teh m4sk of winer5 fro OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!11!111111!1one!!1111!eleven!!1!1!
Unread 3rd of July, 2007, 10:12
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #2775
dear god. what has this thread come to?

anyways, sorry for my slowness, things have gone to the crapshoot as of late. post will be up tonight or tomorrow by midday, at the latest.
erendiox (12:14:36 AM): utter chaos is what feeds my insatiable hunger
Unread 4th of July, 2007, 07:21
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Sorry for the delay Gary. Finding a net connection up here isn't as easy as I thought it would be. By the way, the reason my post looks like it asks you something and continues on without a response is that I want to kill more than one bird with one stone. breaking this up into multiple posts takes lots of time. Just try to address both parts in your follow up post.

For you, Red, in this situation, I'm not going to require a roll for you to track Benkei. He's not actively trying to evade you, and besides, you failing a tracking roll wouldn't add anything interesting to the current situation. It would only complicate things and make it harder to keep you all together. Since they stop at the stream, you have the opportunity to reveal yourself, or you can stick to the shadows and just continue following them. Up to you. Just leave a message saying whether you'd like to stay hidden or no so we can keep things moving.
Unread 4th of July, 2007, 09:36
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Also, I want a vote on Dave's last post as far as a 3 die stunt. I'm particularly fond of the dialogue he comes up with. I think it's really sharp and in-line with his character. I'll give him a 2 die stunt otherwise. You all decide.
Unread 4th of July, 2007, 10:06
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
It reads, to some degree, like an Exaltation too me. Nothing wrong with that though.

I'd vote "Yay" to saying that's a three stunt die.

Winner of the 2011 Coolest Avatar Award
Unread 4th of July, 2007, 11:12
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

Member: #2774
Yay
Unread 4th of July, 2007, 13:00
Phidoe
Ghoul

yay
Unread 5th of July, 2007, 02:17
Eternal
Wight

yatta!

though it's pretty remarkable for a ten year old to say that

but i was impressed~
Unread 5th of July, 2007, 02:57
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

12, actually. And he's smarter than the average bear/child/bearchild, ya know!

Ty tho
Unread 5th of July, 2007, 10:37
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

hehe, well I guess that settles it. I'll get that 3 die stunt in order.

Oh and, a thought for you Dave. As Red mentioned, it DOES seem like an awfully good time for your exaltation... That would certainly make things interesting, but it doesn't have to happen now. Tell me what you think.
Unread 5th of July, 2007, 10:47
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Damn hehe. Thanks all .

About the Exaltation, you're right, it does seem like a good time. But.... I'm not so totally sure yet.. I think I may want the Exaltation to be a little more spectacular, and in even more of a dire situation.

Either way, I'll need some time to think.
Unread 5th of July, 2007, 23:17
Eternal
Wight

Dave's not ready for that kind of commitment. He just wants to be friends with the Unconquered Sun. Just friends (*' ')~
Unread 6th of July, 2007, 08:23
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Take notice of the new thread in the Chronicle. This thread has listed the experience costs to raise stats and an explaination on training times. At the bottom, you'll find what i've been thinking about implementing as far as how to dish out experience. I'm debating on whether or not giving out xp by page is a good idea or not. Let me know what you guys think.
Unread 6th of July, 2007, 12:34
Phidoe
Ghoul

I don't think exp by page is a good idea cause when we get togather we'll go through pages much faster then when we are apart
Unread 6th of July, 2007, 21:56
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

XP by page is fine, the first Chapter of Masters was only seven pages and everyone was together in it. They also did a lot in those seven pages. Also consider the fact that in between our Chapters there may be slight down time to represent our characters growing in age slightly. At the very, very most, lower it down from three to two. I personally think its fine where it's at, but let's see what everyone else thinks.

Dan, as to your questions you left me on AIM, or at least what I can remember of them at the moment:

Yoshin wouldn't have children, as Sifus have been required to take strict oaths of celibacy upon beginning their training/testing for the rank. The Sifu is the pinnacle representation of purity in the organization, next to the Founders. This is only a part of the Second-Age incarnation of the Onmyouji, as the organization became much more pious and monastic.

As for names, upon joining the Onmyouji one keeps their given name, but gives up their surname as they are starting a completely new life (and possibly identity) and are no longer thought of as a part of their first family (the Onmyouji is their new family, to an extent). So Yoshin and Kato are just Yoshin and Kato, and Ryoshen is now just Ryoshen. However, while Yoshin and Kato have now long forgotten their surnames, new members will obviously still have this memory. With the annihilation of the Onmyouji, some may or may not begin using their surnames again. As for Ryoshen, for the time being he'll be sticking with just Ryoshen.

That's all I could remember of what you asked. Did I miss anything?

Oh, and by the way, I think I mentioned something about this a while ago before, but I guess I'll say it again just in case I didn't :p. The Sifus of the Onmyouji of the City and the Onmyouji of the Mountains (aka Yamabushi) maintained close communication through birds, foot messengers, and personal visits in middle territories. Kato may possible suspect something has happened. He definitely knows about Ryoshen, as Yoshin thought of the boy as his star pupil (off topic: if it's ok I'd like to count part of that time spent at the Shrine of Gyoja as training time for skills I didn't have points to put into or raise).

One last thing heh. About Exaltation.... I haven't come to any major decision on whether I want it 100% or not, but I'll say this... If it fits in with your plans well and you want to, go right ahead and Exalt Ryoshen. I have no problem with it at this point. He is kind of young, but eh, maybe the US felt it was already time for this one.

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 6th of July, 2007 at 22:04.
Unread 7th of July, 2007, 01:28
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Ok, a bunch of things to address..

Gary, I can see you listed your intimacies. The second one isn't quite in line with what an intimacy is. They have to be either people, places, or ideals. Protecting the weak and keeping a promise are both good ideals. Finding your grandfather is a personal goal, not an intimacy, however, you can make your grandfather the intimacy if you feel he's very important to you. As far as the third one... i've been thinking alot on it and I can't seem to make a decision. The problem with it is that you could theoretically make a bunch of promises and get +1 to all the actions that are involved in carrying that promise out. This is a complication brought about by my deciding to have intimacies have a +1 effect even outside of social combat. Its made sense so far, but perhaps I should rethink it.

Also, as far as xp by page, i've thought of that Gary, of how we'll move through pages faster when everyone is in a thread. The very simple solution to that is to just give xp for pages completed to EVERYONE, whether you're participating in that thread or not. That solves the problem. The reason also, that I even propose xp by thread, is there's obviously no way to measure sessions in PbP, and the main source of experience in face to face games is the 4 xp that you get at the end of each session. I'm just trying to simulate that steady xp flow in the PbP setting. I make it 3 per page instead of 2 because I want you guys to grow fast. You're all very underpowered at the moment. In a standard pace game, I would probably do 2xp per page.

Dave, thanks for the info. That's exactly what I needed to know, even if it spoils an idea I had :-P, but no matter. As far as your exaltation, i'm not gunna lie. You exalting right now would work out really well for me, and I think it's actually a really good point for it to happen as far as your character. I'm going to do it.
Unread 7th of July, 2007, 04:23
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

That's exactly what I needed to know, even if it spoils an idea I had :-P, but no matter.
If you were thinking what I think you were, that is that the guy in brown tunic was supposed to be Yoshin's son or something, that can still potentiall work. Instead, that guy could've been a student of Yoshin's a bit back, and then decided to go study with Kato for some time. I'd personally say that while its uncommon, its not unheard of for students of the different sects of the Onmyouji to be curious about the other and to go and study it for at least a little bit of time. It would actually be encouraged among those who have strong potential (maybe like Ryoshen? hmmm... :p), in so that they become very balanced individuals capable of feats beyond what completely specialized students may be. Yoshin and Kato are both masters of their respective type of Onmyouji magic, but are also both well learned in the other type.

As for the Exaltation, sweet. Do you know that during Exaltation those granted power are much more powerful than normal exalts? Its like a power overload, in laymans terms. The newly-Exalted are overflowing with pure Essence of the shard granted by the Unconquered Sun. It usually subsides within a day or so. I found some custom stuff some place for Exaltation scenes, lemme see if I can dig it up if it'll be of any use.

EDIT: As for the Exaltation, reading up some more I just wanted to say something. Exaltation happens at a point when the character is under extreme pressure; it is the single most dramatic event in the character's life up to that point. I just want to make sure you remember this, and that you don't have anything else planned that could've potentially been a better point for Exaltation.

Here is something about Exaltation stuff, not exactly what I was looking for so I'll keep looking for it. For now though, enjoy :
http://forums.white-wolf.com/viewtopic.php?t=60456

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 7th of July, 2007 at 06:33.
Unread 7th of July, 2007, 11:41
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Awesome Dan.

EDIT: Character has been edited to show Exaltation, attributes raised, essence raised, favored abilities picked, and 3 charms have been chosen.

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 7th of July, 2007 at 13:07.
Unread 8th of July, 2007, 07:05
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Hey everybody. I'm back from the Cape, just to let you know.

Also, wanted to note that Dave, you have two too many health levels for Ryoshen. You'll have 5 at this age, 6 at the next, and 7 at the final. Remove one of the -1 and one of the -2 levels. I think I forgot to mention this on the wall, but everyone else's character reflects this, so I mustve forgotten to tell you.

Edit: Also, gary, i've decided there's no problem with your "keeping a promise" intimacy. Just keep in mind that it's a double edged sword. Be mindful of what promises you make.

Last edited by Erendiox; 8th of July, 2007 at 07:11.
Unread 8th of July, 2007, 10:10
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Actually, since you hadn't mentioned how we gained them on the wall, I figured that Exaltation would give them to me. Anyway, its fixed.
Unread 10th of July, 2007, 00:08
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Reeeedddddddddddddd??????????????? Where are you??? We need you for postage, as we need to meet up as a group sometime soon and you and Gary(phidoe) are about four days behind Chris(youareanoobnoob) and I.

And now, on a lighter side:

Horribly stupid yet hilarious things you can do with your Exalted character:

Solars- Use a charm that makes your anima banner flare to the +16 level, or burn the Essence. Yell "SUPER SAIYAN," followed by any number if you wish, and have your character's hair hair turn spiky and yellow.

Lunars- Make the Transformers noise every time you change shape.

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 10th of July, 2007 at 02:34.