Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Blooming Dawn

Unread 7th of June, 2007, 00:11
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

Member: #2774
oh yeah, and i edited my post. it should make more sense now, and hopefully sound better. i even used a metaphor!
Unread 8th of June, 2007, 02:37
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Member: #672
Definitely sounds loads better Chris. Excellent. As far as your sig... not sure how to help you with that. You might try deleting the whole thing, exiting the editor, and then try making another one.
Unread 8th of June, 2007, 04:18
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Red and Gary, I just want to remind you that just because you're in combat, doesn't mean you're obligated to make aggressive actions. Gary, you can still run away or try to hide again in the cornstalks. Red will act next on tick 1, then benkei will act on tick 3. I'd appreciate it if you guys could put the tick number on top in white, like I did on Tick 0. That will make it easy to figure out where we are.
Unread 9th of June, 2007, 10:38
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

I had to make a change to the soldiers action in your thread Gary and Red. I forgot that dashing is dex + 6 yards per TICK, so they'd end up arriving and attacking. It seems you've managed to slip through this rather nicely Gary. The soldiers are at -3 DV at current. You could probably hit them without a problem, although it's soak you have to worry about, especially barehanded. This might be a good chance for you to make an escape. Up to you. You act next on tick 3.
Unread 12th of June, 2007, 07:00
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Hey Red. Just so you know, your dash action puts you at either the soldiers or running into Benkei on Tick 4. I wasn't sure what you were moving towards specifically. Either way, your action is next on tick 4.
Unread 13th of June, 2007, 13:56
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

As you all can see, The Records of Excellent Feats is up. What I didn't mention in that thread:

- If you guys see a post that looks like it is stunt worthy, and I glanced over it, mention it somewhere. You guys can feel free to nominate, and if there's agreement on the nomination, i'll make sure stunt dice follow.

- I'd prefer not to give myself stunt dice for Hale, so if you guys could nominate my stunts and come up with an appropriate level, that would be fantastic.

- Keep in mind, while stunts are still level 1, level 2, and level 3, they award 2, 4, and 6 dice, respectively. A successful stunt also regenerates 2, 4, and 6, motes of essence respectively. Level 2 and 3 stunts also restore one point of willpower. The experience point recieved for a level 3 stunt is in addition to the essence/willpower gained.

With all that said, get stunting!
Unread 13th of June, 2007, 22:56
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #2775
Cool, things are startin to move along .

Chris, a few clarifying comments regarding your post:

You don't need to roll for dashing haha, the Dex + 6 value is how far you move each and every tick in yards. The only thing that changes that number would be your mobility. Dashing is also a Speed 3 action, meaning you get to go on Tick 4 rather than Tick 6. My actions were Speed 5 because I flurried Attacking with a kick and Dashing (you take the higher speed value of the two to determine when your next action is)

As for the Int + Lar roll... Dan correct me if I'm wrong but I think you may have to subtract 2 dice from it because you're untrained in the ability and mortal.

Also, the men are still around you because they haven't gone yet. Our initiative values were way up, while their's sucked. The leader will go on Tick 4, the other weenies on Tick 5. Since we both can dash EVERY tick, we will hopefully be long gone by the time even the leader acts.

Great though, good to see this up already.
erendiox (12:14:36 AM): utter chaos is what feeds my insatiable hunger

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 13th of June, 2007 at 23:08.
Unread 13th of June, 2007, 23:27
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

As I recall dave, you made a certain intelligence + investigation roll for which you were untrained, and I didn't take any dice off for that.

Officially, yes, you're supposed to take a -2 for being mortal, but since we started off not applying it, lets not worry about it.

And yea, you don't roll for dashing, you just dash. Fixed that for you Chris.

Oh, and can I just assume that you both will just keep dashing until you lose them? Officially you can chose another action every 3 ticks, which can just be another dash if you want to keep running.

Last edited by Erendiox; 13th of June, 2007 at 23:36.
Unread 14th of June, 2007, 01:27
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

That's where I remember it from.. Hehehe
Unread 14th of June, 2007, 01:33
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Oh btw the market I was referring to would be where Ryoshen first started in the city, where he helped the old woman.
Unread 15th of June, 2007, 13:31
Phidoe
Ghoul

Member: #2739
wheres red i'm bored
Unread 15th of June, 2007, 22:51
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Yea, really. His profile says he signed on yesterday, but he hasn't made a post since a week ago, in EITHER game. Writer's block maybe? Red if you're out there reading this, answer please .
Unread 16th of June, 2007, 01:00
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

Member: #2774
Title

ya i got the news from dan in an instant message. you guys gotta help me w/ those rolls sometimes; the choice (like for knowing about a city's streets) can be a little confusing. and also, just be fair and, uh, stuff, shouldn't i be more obvious b/c my big red hat? i don't think that's exactly sneak-tastic.
Unread 16th of June, 2007, 01:27
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Well, I don't think you're really sneaking. Like you said in your post, you are using your personal knowledge of the city to evade them. Think about it, knowledge = Intelligence, evasion = Stealth or Larceny. I personally think Larceny fit the bill more than Stealth, as Larceny has more to with physical actions imo, while Stealth is more about your presence in an area.

Now, what Dan had you do is a perfect example of using your knowledge against them. Other examples would be knowing of a hidden sewer grate to hop down, or maybe a certain alleyway thats incredibly hard to find. So while I assume your red hat would hurt you if you were deliberately trying to hide from them in shadows and the like, in this situation it doesn't do so because you are throwing them off by being in a completely different location or one that's particularly out of sight/reach.

As for your rolls, that one turned out to be alright. But don't you have the 2nd edition Corebook? If you do, read it then! If not, send me an im, and maybe we can arrange something .

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 16th of June, 2007 at 01:33.
Unread 16th of June, 2007, 05:26
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Yes, Dave is right. You're going to use intelligence for almost anything knowledge based. In this situation, however, I would have used wits instead, because of the need for fast paced thinking. Since you used intelligence, and you had such a long lead ahead, I figured it was ok and I used their intelligence agaisnt you. For the rest, I used wits because it's a bit more appropriate for the situation.

As far as red, I don't know, he said he's been real busy with work. How can I blame the guy. I'm sure he'll poke his head in and say something here sometime soon.
Unread 16th of June, 2007, 14:51
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Gary, by the way, we don't need to roll off for tick 6. Exalts and heroic mortals have priority over extras automatically. If you were facing other exalts/heroic mortals, it would be based off of the player with the higher wits + awareness pool. Only in the event that both have the same pool that we roll off.

So in a nutshell, you're next.
Unread 17th of June, 2007, 08:38
Phidoe
Ghoul

kick ass
Unread 18th of June, 2007, 02:34
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Gary, my post thus far:

The one elite that still stood upright gives chase. His armor and Benkei's ward seem to counteract each other, neither one gaining or losing any distance. Unfortunately, the distance between them is next to nothing. The one soldier makes a last desperate swing at his target.

[Attack: Soldier: (Dexterity 3 + Melee 3 + Accuracy 1) = 7 (10,5,5,4,3,2,1) 1 Success vs DV 0 (DV1 + Cover 1 - Action 2) <hit>, Damage: (Strength 3 + Weapon 5 + Successes 1) = 9L...]

The problem with this situation is that since he split an Attack/Dash action, he can dash on any tick up until his next action. You made a dash action to escape and he pursued. You both move 7 yards per tick, so he kept up with you. He's chosen to make a full out attack, which means he won't be able to continue dashing after you, only move a measly 1 yard per tick until his next acction. Of course, if he kills/incapacitates you, it doesn't matter. Spend a willpower to raise your DV by 1 and he'll miss, unless you want to take your chanses on 9L damage.
Unread 18th of June, 2007, 02:56
Phidoe
Ghoul

he cought up to me on his last tick the tick after i stated to dash i should be 21 yards away on the start of tick 6 i go first and move 7 more yards i don't see how he caught up so fast
Unread 19th of June, 2007, 02:17
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Dan may have already talked about this. Either way, Gary, let me map this out for ya.

The soldier dashed and attacked you on Tick 2, right? Well, remember that you can move every tick as long as you are not physically incapable/immobilized. When you initiate a Dash action, your movement type changes from a basic move (Distance = Dex - Penalties, -0 DV) to a dash move (Distance = Dex + 6 - Penalties, -2 DV). That means until your next action, you are considered dashing. The soldier, having dashed to attack you in the same turn, is considered as dashing until his next action. He may move (dex + 6 - penalties) yards every tick. So...

Tick 3: You begin dashing, moving 7 yards. He moves 7 yards, keeping up with you.

Tick 4: See Tick 3.

Tick 5: See Tick 3.

Tick 6: This is a contested action, as you both begin new actions. The first thing that is considered is your Wits + Awareness pool. You have a pool of 3, while the Soldier has a pool of 5. He wins, meaning he goes before you. He is still with you, so he attacks, as Dan said. Now even if you had gone first Gary (and Dashed), he still could've Flurried a Dash and an Attack, meaning he could still attack you.

So, I highly suggest spending that WP to raise your DV before you get yourself killed.

PS: I should've said this before, but.. Even though you or the soldier decides how to act first on the Tick, both of your actions are still carried out at the same time. Remember this emulates real-time, meaning that he was running along side of you the whole time. Unless you acted a Tick before he did, you would not have technically gone before he went, even if your Wits + Awareness pool was higher than his. As for his Full Attack on Tick 6, you have to imagine him trying to cut you down as you slowly get away, slicing at your back or legs or something.

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 19th of June, 2007 at 04:36.
Unread 19th of June, 2007, 12:06
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

I was wrong, but still semi-correct.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/i..._and_Knockback
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 05:12
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Dave, you're mostly right. While we do refer to Wits+Awareness pools to determine who "goes first" on the same tick, exalts, heroic mortals, and magical beings have priority over others, meaning that Benkei goes first. Still, since the actions are carried out simultaneously, the soldier can still make his strike.
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 05:17
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Ya, I realized that after reading Combat 201 again. Silly me.

PS: Where in the seven hells did you run off to?
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 05:19
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Hehe, yea i've been in Manhattan and Brooklyn since yesterday. Just got back. Sorting out transfer stuff and registration X.x, but that's all good and done with finally. Postage on the way.
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 05:25
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Ahh, I see, cool. Good good. Oh just wanted to say too, I'm debating starting up my own Exalted game, possibly PbP here, maybe even in person (perhaps just one session so I can get myself situated to Storytelling Exalted-style). If you, or anyone else is interested in playing lemme know.