Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Rimmerdal's Games > Dark New World

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 08:21
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.11 per day)
Our house in the middle of the desert..

Location: Lonestar, Pecos Empire
New NPC: (new feature!!!)
Shawn Aster (image below)
The band of adventurers are lead to a comfy boardroom. Water, coffee and a jar smooth Iron shards sit on the table. A blond human mail sits at the end the table and grinned. standing on his shoulder was a small form..

"There you are Ace..Wondered when you'd show." he stood and Achilles hugged him. and sat beside him. Once all were seated he began.

"I see we are here. A few minutes ago Macklin sent this." (See Dat feed) he said Now as Mack is busy holding of a blood raid. He wanted me to fix this." he turned to them.

"I'll pay each of you 5000 credits and provide you with any gear you may need to acomplish this task..Which is to go and see what happend and try save as many lives as possible..are you guys in?" he asked.

"Once you get back we can talk about more longterm work as Fixer mentioned some of you are loooking for some." he added.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0fd262617b8cc4ee357f3b49a29cd24147ea3754.jpg (23.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Rimmerdal; 5th of December, 2009 at 08:25.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 08:38
Falcon79
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7709
Posts: 103 (0.03 per day)
Originally Posted by Rimmerdal # Location: Lonestar, Pecos Empire
New NPC: (new feature!!!)
Shawn Aster (image below)
The band of adventurers are lead to a comfy boardroom. Water, coffee and a jar smooth Iron shards sit on the table. A blond human mail sits at the end the table and grinned. standing on his shoulder was a small form..

"There you are Ace..Wondered when you'd show." he stood and Achilles hugged him. and sat beside him. Once all were seated he began.

"I see we are here. A few minutes ago Macklin sent this." (See Dat feed) he said Now as Mack is busy holding of a blood raid. He wanted me to fix this." he turned to them.

"I'll pay each of you 5000 credits and provide you with any gear you may need to acomplish this task..Which is to go and see what happend and try save as many lives as possible..are you guys in?" he asked.

"Once you get back we can talk about more longterm work as Fixer mentioned some of you are loooking for some." he added.
Corey gives aster a look... "Aster you know undead aren't my normal specialty, you need to quadrdruple it, least for me, and cover repair costs, and allow us to keep the gear you allow us, if your gonna ask me to get in a situation where I face the likelyhood of getting vamped, and the daunting prospect of having to find some one to "cure" me of such an affliction."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 09:11
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
Akane muses if the spirits are playing cosmically with her Karma or what. "Well if this gets me in for work then so be it. I mean it is a new land and I know things work differently over here so if this be what I need to do then so be it." She turns to the group rolling her eyes slightly.

"Well then I guess that means we are working together then. My name is Akane, I am an elf and my occupation of life is that I am a Demon Queller!" She bows to the group respectfully and awaits there response.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 09:57
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by Rimmerdal # Location: Lonestar, Pecos Empire
New NPC: (new feature!!!)
Shawn Aster (image below)
The band of adventurers are lead to a comfy boardroom. Water, coffee and a jar smooth Iron shards sit on the table. A blond human mail sits at the end the table and grinned. standing on his shoulder was a small form..

"There you are Ace..Wondered when you'd show." he stood and Achilles hugged him. and sat beside him. Once all were seated he began.

"I see we are here. A few minutes ago Macklin sent this." (See Dat feed) he said Now as Mack is busy holding of a blood raid. He wanted me to fix this." he turned to them.

"I'll pay each of you 5000 credits and provide you with any gear you may need to acomplish this task..Which is to go and see what happend and try save as many lives as possible..are you guys in?" he asked.

"Once you get back we can talk about more longterm work as Fixer mentioned some of you are loooking for some." he added.
The radio feed recording played for the group after that had been seated sends a chill down the rogue scholar's spine. "Undead" he thinks staring at his hands "I knew I should have spent more time studying them. I know so little." But the blond man, who Elias assumes is this Aster the fixer referred too is all business, coming straight to the point.

Before Elias even has a chance to think about the proffered deal, his new friend speaks up, voicing at least one concern Elias too shares. That of "getting vamped." "Hmmm..." he muses quietly, reaching for pen and paper to start making a list of equipment "...definitely need a water pistol...maybe even a TW one... and perhaps..." Elias breaks off when the pretty dark haired woman speaks up and introduces herself as Akane and claims to be an elf. "If she's an elf I'm an Atlantean" thinks Elias "but if that is what she chooses to tell us for now, so be it."

Looking slightly apologetic for muttering to himself, Elias stands to make his own introduction. Speaking in his quiet voice "My name is Elias Strorm and I am what most people refer to as a scholar. I call myself Nightfall for reasons I'll go into another time. I agree with Akane, that since I am new here the price sounds fair enough, But, on the other hand, I also agree with my new friend Corey here, in that I'd like the keep the equipment should I survive the task." He glances at the pad of paper he had pulled out to make notes, a sheepish grin plays across his face. then he holds it up for all to see. "I guess I'm just used to careful planning and note-taking as a matter of course."

With a slight bow to Akane and the others in the room he finishes by saying "I am pleased to meet each of you, and look forward to the new learning experience we are facing."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 10:49
AlanDG2
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7842
Posts: 90 (0.03 per day)
Grermlin stands on the blond human's shoulder and squeaks, "What kind of undead are we talking? Legend has it they were driven out from our land, at the cost of the faerie immortality of all our people. I have not faced them before, I will need information and possibly to be taught some appropriate spells, if you need me to build weapons to use against them."

He has been around humans to know that nothing is free, so if helping fight these creatures is what it takes of get his repairs done, he will do his part.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 11:15
Falcon79
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7709
Posts: 103 (0.03 per day)
Originally Posted by sasqaricious # Akane muses if the spirits are playing cosmically with her Karma or what. "Well if this gets me in for work then so be it. I mean it is a new land and I know things work differently over here so if this be what I need to do then so be it." She turns to the group rolling her eyes slightly.

"Well then I guess that means we are working together then. My name is Akane, I am an elf and my occupation of life is that I am a Demon Queller!" She bows to the group respectfully and awaits there response.
Kieran tries to remember an appropriate response..... he had not delt with Japanese in a way long time, since leaving "home".... Kieran bows deeply to Akane and... still speaking in american/english, says...

"Kineshiwa, Akane-san...... pardon if i used the wrong pernunciation or phrase, it has been long since I met one from your isle.... I'm sorry and appologize if it looked like I followed you, I've just had business same places.... he said penitively... for a while i thought the same of you... A demon queller, you say Madame? That should help, I'm geared mainly to face mundane foes....

My Name Is Kieran Tiberius Stuart, madame, at your sevice. To the rest of you, greetings, and I am also at your service"

He nods to each in turn...

Originally Posted by Justinthyme # The radio feed recording played for the group after that had been seated sends a chill down the rogue scholar's spine. "Undead" he thinks staring at his hands "I knew I should have spent more time studying them. I know so little." But the blond man, who Elias assumes is this Aster the fixer referred too is all business, coming straight to the point.

Before Elias even has a chance to think about the proffered deal, his new friend speaks up, voicing at least one concern Elias too shares. That of "getting vamped." "Hmmm..." he muses quietly, reaching for pen and paper to start making a list of equipment "...definitely need a water pistol...maybe even a TW one... and perhaps..." Elias breaks off when the pretty dark haired woman speaks up and introduces herself as Akane and claims to be an elf. "If she's an elf I'm an Atlantean" thinks Elias "but if that is what she chooses to tell us for now, so be it."

Looking slightly apologetic for muttering to himself, Elias stands to make his own introduction. Speaking in his quiet voice "My name is Elias Strorm and I am what most people refer to as a scholar. I call myself Nightfall for reasons I'll go into another time. I agree with Akane, that since I am new here the price sounds fair enough, But, on the other hand, I also agree with my new friend Corey here, in that I'd like the keep the equipment should I survive the task." He glances at the pad of paper he had pulled out to make notes, a sheepish grin plays across his face. then he holds it up for all to see. "I guess I'm just used to careful planning and note-taking as a matter of course."

With a slight bow to Akane and the others in the room he finishes by saying "I am pleased to meet each of you, and look forward to the new learning experience we are facing."
Originally Posted by AlanDG2 # Grermlin stands on the blond human's shoulder and squeaks, "What kind of undead are we talking? Legend has it they were driven out from our land, at the cost of the faerie immortality of all our people. I have not faced them before, I will need information and possibly to be taught some appropriate spells, if you need me to build weapons to use against them."
"They are very dangerous me small friend. What is your name little one?"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 12:34
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
"Nice to meet you as well. I was not aware you were listening to our conversation so sorry if I seem pensive that maybe you were following me. But seeing we are working together we will have to work on stuff like that later!"

She then turns to the individual that introduced himself. "Nice to meet you as well Elias who goes by Nightfall. I will look forward to the explanations of your name should we continue working together." Akane then gives a slight bow to him as well.

She waits for the third individual to give their name.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 12:47
AlanDG2
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7842
Posts: 90 (0.03 per day)
"You could not pronounce my actual name, you lack the proper sound channels. The last humans I worked with called me Gremlin," replies the Fraanid. "Actually, I can not speak your language either, but I have a translator built in to my helmet. I do understand your American tongue though, in case something should happen to my translator."

He adds, "I am told I am what your kind calls a Techno Wizard, which may be helpful if I can get the right spells and pieces to build whatever you need."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 23:46
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by sasqaricious # "Nice to meet you as well. I was not aware you were listening to our conversation so sorry if I seem pensive that maybe you were following me. But seeing we are working together we will have to work on stuff like that later!"

She then turns to the individual that introduced himself. "Nice to meet you as well Elias who goes by Nightfall. I will look forward to the explanations of your name should we continue working together." Akane then gives a slight bow to him as well.

She waits for the third individual to give their name.
Elias look momentarily pensive while Akane returns his greeting, but the look quickly changes to one of someone who has made a decision. "I have a feeling that we will be working together for a little while at least, and since I don't want to startle any of you at an inopportune time..." Elias pauses in his speech and look each person in the room directly in the eye. Then with absolutely no movement or other sign he creates an area of darkness that is so black, normal vision, nightvision and light amplification optic system are inneffective. The blackness lasts for a full 10 seconds then recedes as quickly as it came. Looking at Akane with a shy and slightly rueful smile he continues "That....is why I call myself Nightfall. I figured it was best to show you all here instead of out in the field. That way you are all prepared ahead of time. I can do other things as well but they aren't nearly as profound."

Turning to his new employer, Elias adds "I figure that as my employer you were entitled to know about this as well." Finally with a deep bow to Gremlin he say "Of the Fraanid I have heard a bit, but only a very little. I so look forward to learning more of you and your wondrous homeland. You see Faerie lore is sort of a passion for me. This shall indeed be a great learning adventure for me."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 03:41
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.11 per day)
"We just have visuals..I'm from a world where the Pecos only had vampires in Lonestar. Here there are more than JUST vampire. So we have no idea if there are any Bloodtribes there. They were according to the CS and Republic Guard forward strike units routed and they fled south back to Mexico. And General Kashbrook is good at her job." Aster replied with a sense admiration of Kashbrook..

"There are also some armored units there that could be a problem. and you are the only Armored specialist available. As to why I'm calling you people in all my regular troops..INCLUDING most of the Redeemers..are out helping with the blood tribes. So any chance of seeing a vamp are low, if at all." he finished looking at the Zentraedi.

"Akane, You'll find all the laws of the State of Japan will be respected here. North America is part of the Coalition as well. I believe there is an Embassy in Wichita..or at the very least Kashbrook has a Liaison of the Japanese state on her base." aster looked at Akane.

"Being made undead is risk all you take on a daily bases in the Pecos territory with all the ley lines out there. As it is we cannot afford to pay more at the moment....Which means you all have to choose.. Are you willing to work for more and let the People in New Sapphire die or take a lower pay?" Achilles added

"Repairs I can manage as well getting you there..." Aster sat quiet waiting for answers from all.

Last edited by Rimmerdal; 6th of December, 2009 at 05:07.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 04:54
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Originally Posted by Rimmerdal # Location: Lonestar, Pecos Empire
New NPC: (new feature!!!)
Shawn Aster (image below)
The band of adventurers are lead to a comfy boardroom. Water, coffee and a jar smooth Iron shards sit on the table. A blond human mail sits at the end the table and grinned. standing on his shoulder was a small form..

"There you are Ace..Wondered when you'd show." he stood and Achilles hugged him. and sat beside him. Once all were seated he began.

"I see we are here. A few minutes ago Macklin sent this." (See Dat feed) he said Now as Mack is busy holding of a blood raid. He wanted me to fix this." he turned to them.

"I'll pay each of you 5000 credits and provide you with any gear you may need to acomplish this task..Which is to go and see what happend and try save as many lives as possible..are you guys in?" he asked.

"Once you get back we can talk about more longterm work as Fixer mentioned some of you are loooking for some." he added.
The dark ominous figure stands in the back of the room watching as this Aster plays the data feed for the mass assembled before him. You’d swear you’d catch a glimpse of a smirk come over his otherwise stoic visage when he sees the Undead. He listens and watches as the others speak. Taking note of the request and fear of the one who calls himself Corey, and of the woman claiming to be a Demon Queller. He lets them all speak as each one says their piece; he finally is the last to retort.

“Credits….. Equipment…… It makes no difference. Each one of those blood sucking, maggot invested, carrions of infernal damnation and horror will meet their end by my hands. I can promise you that.”

He seems to pause a moment and turns his eerie gaze right to Corey. His stone cold stoic glare almost piercing your very soul, sending chills down your spine. His deep tone adding to the dread of his gaze.

“You want to talk about laying your life on the line against the Undead. You have no idea just how many men, women, and children I’ve seen sent to their death. Truck fulls…. All in the name of glory and honor…. Justice and vengeance….. in the name of a madman and his army. For what…. Little more then a song in their honor and chance to be called a martyr at the beckoning call of this madman. You make me sick…. Lucky for you this wouldn’t be my first time encountering such horrors.”

He slowly lifts up his sleeve and reveals the mark of a Reid’s Ranger. Most of you have heard of their exploits. You would assume most would carry such a mark with pride and honor, but the more you look at him, you’d swear he resents the mark.

“I wouldn’t worry too much about your precious equipment anyways. Unless you are planning on packing a lot of holy water, wooden stakes, and crosses; you won’t last ten minutes anyhow. The only thing that works against these vile creatures is moving water, silver and wooden weapons, and anything that might resemble a cross or crucifix. While they might damage them, it hardly matters. I’ve seen them shrug off rail blast. I’ve seen them staked, only to have it removed and kill the man standing before them before he could even react. There is only one true method…. Stake them, cut off the head, and burn the body.”

He looks at each and every one of the members before him.

“You may have a problem with that…. believe me when I tell you this….. It is nothing compared to the vileness they have unleashed upon man since the dawn of time.”

You can see him almost shudder as he speaks those words. Almost as if he is making himself sick to the core.

“I was once called Lazarus by the madman and his army; however I prefer my given name….. Lucian. I would say it’s a pleasure….but circumstances seem otherwise.”

His eerie presence strikes each of you differently. Although most of you sense he speaks the truth, you are a little put off by him. Then again, what options do you really have?

Last edited by HeadHunter; 6th of December, 2009 at 05:48.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 05:08
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.11 per day)
"Reid's Rangers?" he looked a little surprised and grinned, "that old borg still at killing the undead? I figured the CS would have transferred him to the Devils Arch by now...But he wouldn't likely stay there." he mused.

Achilies added with a grin, "And you would transfer from lonestar?"

"True..I like the Empire..Blood tribes or not. Let's just get there and then sort who and what were against. first. If your coming meet me at the Airbase..I have air transport ready to go.." then with a pleasant nod he went out of the room with Achilles.

Last edited by Rimmerdal; 6th of December, 2009 at 05:11.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 05:32
AlanDG2
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7842
Posts: 90 (0.03 per day)
"I will be glad to tell you what I know Mr. Elias, but history was not my best subject in school," replies Gremlin.

He adds, "As I said earlier, there are no undead in my world, so I do not know their strengths and weaknesses. Can someone fill me in? Are the Details Lucian provided accurate or is there more to know?"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 05:52
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Originally Posted by Rimmerdal # "Reid's Rangers?" he looked a little surprised and grinned, "that old borg still at killing the undead? I figured the CS would have transferred him to the Devils Arch by now...But he wouldn't likely stay there." he mused.

Achilies added with a grin, "And you would transfer from lonestar?"

"True..I like the Empire..Blood tribes or not. Let's just get there and then sort who and what were against. first. If your coming meet me at the Airbase..I have air transport ready to go.." then with a pleasant nod he went out of the room with Achilles.
Lucian looks at Aster and replies....

" If that is what you want to call it. He prefers attending to his experiements and the benefits of his deity-like status. I doubt he would leave Fort Reid for anything shy of the biggest glory he could add to his legend. "

Lucian waits on the rest of the group to decide what the plan of action will be and then heads to the Airbase for the transport.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 06:16
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
"Lucien it is. Greetings" She bows to him as well. "You speak from some form of obvious advanced experience but should know as well that this too is not my first time encountering the minions of the living dead. So you will not be alone in people with experience."

She leaves the rest silent as despite the fact he is talking very condescendingly to the group, some of his morsels ring of truth. Should he try some of his stuff on her, then maybe they will have words. Until that point however there is no reason to bring it up.

"Too be honest though I have never heard of this group of Rangers you speak of. But if they specialize in killing the living dead and undead then your knowledge will indeed be greater then mine!

Akane too is ready for travel as she is already packed and ready.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 06:46
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.11 per day)
Originally Posted by AlanDG2 # "I will be glad to tell you what I know Mr. Elias, but history was not my best subject in school," replies Gremlin.

He adds, "As I said earlier, there are no undead in my world, so I do not know their strengths and weaknesses. Can someone fill me in? Are the Details Lucian provided accurate or is there more to know?"
Aster nodes and Gremlins computer has a new data packet. on listing the basic knowledge of the undead and other monsters of this world.

(The ones in the PDF are listed. It's not a skill but gives you a first level skill of Lore Monsters and Demons.)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 07:00
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
"Also my apologies to you little one. If Gremlin is what you wish to be called then Gremlin is what I shall call you." She turns to the little one realizing that is the one person she forgot about.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 07:04
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Like Gremlin and Akane; Elias too chooses to ignore Lucian's condescending tone. "Well now.." the scholar says in a business like tone, once again readying his pen and paper to make notes "...since you have had experience with these creature; perhaps you can give me some pointers on equipment to ask for so I can be of some use out there." If Elias is put off by the macabre stranger he certainly doesn't show it. "Unfortunately I admit to having no experience with undead creatures, but if we are to save as many lives as possible, then you're going to need help. While its true I am not really a warrior such as yourself or Akane here, I am sure that I can find something useful to do. With the proper teaching of course." With a quick glance at Corey and his other new friends, Elias begins to follow Lucian to the airbase.



OOC: I'm not sure where to put a list of requested supplies for this adventure, but Elias will ask for a couple water pistols, several flasks of water to refill them with, a silver cross if possible, set of lockpicks and half a dozen RMK's and IRMSS's kits to help heal people.

Last edited by Justinthyme; 6th of December, 2009 at 07:08. Reason: edit: spelling mistakes
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 07:30
AlanDG2
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7842
Posts: 90 (0.03 per day)
Gremlin runs the translation routine on the data (he only understands spoken American, not written) and starts studying the input.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 07:31
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.11 per day)
OOC: Right Equipment list...I'll have a thread up ASAP..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 10:03
Falcon79
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7709
Posts: 103 (0.03 per day)
Originally Posted by HeadHunter # The dark ominous figure stands in the back of the room watching as this Aster plays the data feed for the mass assembled before him. You’d swear you’d catch a glimpse of a smirk come over his otherwise stoic visage when he sees the Undead. He listens and watches as the others speak. Taking note of the request and fear of the one who calls himself Corey, and of the woman claiming to be a Demon Queller. He lets them all speak as each one says their piece; he finally is the last to retort.

“Credits….. Equipment…… It makes no difference. Each one of those blood sucking, maggot invested, carrions of infernal damnation and horror will meet their end by my hands. I can promise you that.”

He seems to pause a moment and turns his eerie gaze right to Corey. His stone cold stoic glare almost piercing your very soul, sending chills down your spine. His deep tone adding to the dread of his gaze.

“You want to talk about laying your life on the line against the Undead. You have no idea just how many men, women, and children I’ve seen sent to their death. Truck fulls…. All in the name of glory and honor…. Justice and vengeance….. in the name of a madman and his army. For what…. Little more then a song in their honor and chance to be called a martyr at the beckoning call of this madman. You make me sick…. Lucky for you this wouldn’t be my first time encountering such horrors.”

He slowly lifts up his sleeve and reveals the mark of a Reid’s Ranger. Most of you have heard of their exploits. You would assume most would carry such a mark with pride and honor, but the more you look at him, you’d swear he resents the mark.

“I wouldn’t worry too much about your precious equipment anyways. Unless you are planning on packing a lot of holy water, wooden stakes, and crosses; you won’t last ten minutes anyhow. The only thing that works against these vile creatures is moving water, silver and wooden weapons, and anything that might resemble a cross or crucifix. While they might damage them, it hardly matters. I’ve seen them shrug off rail blast. I’ve seen them staked, only to have it removed and kill the man standing before them before he could even react. There is only one true method…. Stake them, cut off the head, and burn the body.”

He looks at each and every one of the members before him.

“You may have a problem with that…. believe me when I tell you this….. It is nothing compared to the vileness they have unleashed upon man since the dawn of time.”

You can see him almost shudder as he speaks those words. Almost as if he is making himself sick to the core.

“I was once called Lazarus by the madman and his army; however I prefer my given name….. Lucian. I would say it’s a pleasure….but circumstances seem otherwise.”

His eerie presence strikes each of you differently. Although most of you sense he speaks the truth, you are a little put off by him. Then again, what options do you really have?
Keiran keeps his tone even....

"I'm WELL aware of what what DOES and DOES NOT hurt Vampires..... Quit your condescending..." He let Lucian know he's not intimidated by him one bit..... I rode a few times with that egomaniacal fool, Reid 20 years ago.... and yes..... I'm FAR older then I look, I've seen death on a scale scale you can't imagine where I come from, and unspeakable horrors here too.... It still doesn't mean I like to waste my life, or the lives of my men foolishly..... and my outfit isset up to face mudane threats, I'll need to refit for this mission, which was what I was addressing...."

"And yes I'm scared of vamps, because I'm not stupid... only a fool isn't afraid of anything...."

He turns to Aster and says..

"I'm in cause I'm your freind Aster and I owe you for more then a couple of saves.... You'll need to cover the cost of refitting for this work though, as it's not my main stock and trade."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 12:38
AlanDG2
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7842
Posts: 90 (0.03 per day)
Gremlin comments, "I will use whatever weapons I can handle...which is a bit more than it seems since I can control most items I touch. I admit I will need some more appropriate gear though, which I will gladly return after the mission as it is unlikely to fit me..."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 7th of December, 2009, 06:46
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Originally Posted by Falcon79 # Keiran keeps his tone even....

"I'm WELL aware of what what DOES and DOES NOT hurt Vampires..... Quit your condescending..." He let Lucian know he's not intimidated by him one bit..... I rode a few times with that egomaniacal fool, Reid 20 years ago.... and yes..... I'm FAR older then I look, I've seen death on a scale scale you can't imagine where I come from, and unspeakable horrors here too.... It still doesn't mean I like to waste my life, or the lives of my men foolishly..... and my outfit isset up to face mudane threats, I'll need to refit for this mission, which was what I was addressing...."

"And yes I'm scared of vamps, because I'm not stupid... only a fool isn't afraid of anything...."

He turns to Aster and says..

"I'm in cause I'm your freind Aster and I owe you for more then a couple of saves.... You'll need to cover the cost of refitting for this work though, as it's not my main stock and trade."
Lucian stands cold and stoic as if Corey’s words roll right off of him. Then his deep tone strikes up again.

“Since you know so much…. Maybe you should outfit YOUR MEN to fight those HORRORS then!!! You would know then, that they don’t care what you are. If its flesh, bone, and blood you’re already dead in their minds. Maybe you do have reason to FEAR. After all we’re all just mostly flesh, blood, and bone. You speak of life and death as if it’s a toll count in the name of business and trade. Which in some degree maybe true to many. There are only two certainties to life….. You live and die. It’s the circle of life…. the balance of nature….. the way of things. Everything meets its end eventually. The same thing could be said of business. One way or another, it too either survives or fades over time. It’s the course of things.

Maybe I’m stupid….. maybe I’m foolish, but I have nothing to fear. I’ve come to terms that I will eventually meet my death, but if there’s one thing on this god forsaken place that will not have my mercy, its those foul carrions. Life and Death maybe hold a different meaning to me. After what I’ve seen….. if a child would risk their own life to save their friends and family for nothing more then the chance to see those foul creatures gone, why can’t men such as ourselves suck up the courage to do so? Maybe its because in this life…. We’ve forgotten what truly matters. I guess children have no reason to be sidetracked by business and other worldly affairs. Lucky them. Shame on me…..

Look…. I can tell how old you truly are. If you are as old as your essence says, then you’ve probably seen a great deal of things that have hit your core as that has hit mine. Perhaps I should say I’m sorry and ask for forgiveness. But honestly its not going to fix the heart of the matter. What you said rubbed me the wrong way. What I said rubbed you the wrong way. It’s out in the open…. It’s out of the system. I say lets forget it, if you are as well aware as you say you are…. And go show those bastards that we will not submit to their whims. Lets suck up the courage and show those children they haven’t died in vain. Then maybe…. Just maybe…. I’ll ask you to forgive me. But honestly…. I don’t want forgiveness. I just want to see those foul things demolished. Even if I have to do it myself!”

His eyes seem to glimmer as if made of ambers from the hottest flames. You’d swear looking at him, that he has something against the Undead. Something deep down, not just what he spoke about, pits him to anger and violence against them. He then turns to face the Demon Queller.

“Akane… perhaps its best you remain ignorant to the good deeds of the Rangers. Everything is not as you might hear it. The imagination of man has turned a blind eye in the name of their so called hero. To make it brief….. Reid’s Rangers hunts the Vampire Kingdoms from Texas to South America. Doc Reid himself a god-like legend in the mind of the people those Undead horrors torment daily. Believe me when I tell you, I’ve fought along side those that have had more experience then me. This profession eventually warps your mortals and ideology of what is ethical and what truly is right or wrong. It can change even the purest of hearts into the most vile of creatures. Experience is good and well…. But all that matters is that you know what you face. The odds are overwhelmingly against you. As Corey mentioned…. Only the foolish would be dumb enough to not fear them. As I said before…. I’ve got the luxury to be dumb and foolish. What happens to me matters very little in the grand scheme of it all. It’s something I’ve come to terms with. Maybe it grants me some form of freedom from having to truly care. If there’s one piece of advice I can give you…. It’s don’t stop caring. Deep down…. it’s the only thing that keeps you human.

If you don’t mind my asking…. What undead have you faced where you are from?”

He then turns and faces the scholar Elias and Gremlin…..

“Equipment…. Any thing silver or wooden. If you’re good with archery I would suggest sharpen wooden points and Silver heads. Everyone of you should have a cross or crucifix. While it might sound ridiculous it works. Holy water…. But I doubt there’s much of it to go around. Water guns…. They seem to work on the method of moving water. If you have any knowledge in fire or daylight….. I would suggest preparing for that too. Being a warrior has nothing to do with fighting them. It's as simple as mind over matter….. frankly I don’t mind and they don’t matter!!!!”

From under his duster he draws his silver Scimitar….

“I’ve always found that a blade strikes full and true, but whatever method you choose to use, remember that there is only one true method to destroy them. You just have to be willing to do it. Some men might call it vile and inhuman….. but in the end, it works. I have not come across anything else that works in all my years.”

Last edited by HeadHunter; 7th of December, 2009 at 08:07.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 7th of December, 2009, 08:08
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by HeadHunter # He then turns and faces the scholar Elias and Gremlin…..

“Equipment…. Any thing silver or wooden. If you’re good with archery I would suggest sharpen wooden points and Silver heads. Everyone of you should have a cross or crucifix. While it might sound ridiculous it works. Holy water…. But I doubt there’s much of it to go around. Water guns…. They seem to work on the method of moving water. If you have any knowledge in fire or daylight….. I would suggest preparing for that too. Being a warrior has nothing to do with fighting them. It's as simple as mind over matter….. frankly I don’t mind and they don’t matter!!!!”

From under his duster he draws his silver Scimitar….

“I’ve always found that a blade strikes full and true, but whatever method you choose to use, remember that there is only one true method to destroy them. You just have to be willing to do it. Some men might call it vile and inhuman….. but in the end, it works. I have not come across anything else that works in all my years.”
With an embarrassed cough Elias looks admiringly at the scimitar "Unfortunately I have no experience with such weapons. Meaning both hand held melee types and bows and arrows like you mentioned a moment ago. I already had a water pistol on my list. As well as a silver cross. Perhaps I should look into some silver bullets for my pistol, that should help some."

Then without any hint of being embarrassed he adds "To be perfectly honest I'm more scared of this adventure than I have ever been in my life. But those people need rescuing, so I'll do all I can to help them." Turning to Gremlin with a warm smile he says "I think maybe you and I should stick together for this trip since neither of us has much experience, perhaps we can make a good team against them. I seem to recall you mentioning something about being able to produce flame. If you can do that from a distance, then I can be very helpful with that. You recall I mentioned I had other abilities besides creating darkness? Well one of those is being able to fly. I think that should prove very helpful don't you?"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 7th of December, 2009, 08:38
AlanDG2
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7842
Posts: 90 (0.03 per day)
Gremlin admits, "I am a Tinker, not a Redcap, fighting is not really my forte. Silver, wood, water, and fire. I do have some fire spells, and Globe of Daylight."

"I think you might be right, though if I can get my observation sphere working, I can fly just fine in that. How do there things react to other magic?" Gremlin adds.

Last edited by AlanDG2; 7th of December, 2009 at 08:43.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren