Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Blooming Dawn

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 19th of July, 2007, 14:30
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Sasha raises an eyebrow but comes close and puts her arms around your neck. You respond by lifting her legs up with your other arm, carrying her in classic fashion. Despite the fact that you barely understand this newfound force within you, there's strangely no question as to why and how you know this magic. Your first charm permeates the body as you bound upwards, impossibly high, landing on a nearby rooftop, and spring across the top of the city, Sasha clinging as if she was hanging onto a ledge. Every so often you'll stop at a high point, long enough for the girl to gaze downward and point in the direction of the gate to the silver district. Not two minutes pass when you see something odd making its way through the crowd. Perched far up, on the ledge of one of the many towers in the City of the Steel Lotus, the two of you gaze downward. A man dressed in fancy white robes, surrounded by a dozen similarly dressed subjects, is making his way through the streets, common folk being forced aside with his entry. It would seem he is headed to the same gate you are, In fact, he will arrive there in a few short minutes. Sasha points, and you both can see the gate in the near distance.

"We can get there before he does..." She whispers to you. "... but we need to be careful not to be seen as we approach. If they know what you are they'll kill you."

You can feel her shiver slightly, a scorn on her face. "That is the man that is after us. Poe's superior. He arrived once before, and our Sifu wasn't the same since. I don't know what he's going to do, but we have to hurry."
  #27  
Unread 30th of July, 2007, 13:24
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
A burning sensation rose in Ryoshen's chest upon seeing the procession and hearing Sasha's words, a confusing mixture of caution and anger. While fury began to slowly bubble inside him, he forcibly quenched it. Reaching the gate was of the utmost priority. Ryoshen lept down from his perch with catlike grace, both quickly and silently. Gently letting Sasha down, he scoped out their surroundings and then turned back to the girl.

"We should stick to the alleyways whenever possible. We will follow the roads only if doing otherwise would compromise our stealth or speed. If we are asked, you are my younger sister.

We are near, and we must not falter. Let us make haste."
__________________
erendiox (12:14:36 AM): utter chaos is what feeds my insatiable hunger
  #28  
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 15:33
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Sasha nods without hesitating, and you both take to the alleyways, the warmth and smell of heated sandstone against your faces. With your robes replaced by casual clothing, no longer is there a risk of standing out. Both of you are but children to the eyes of those around you. What else do children do but run about in places they shouldn't? On top of that, the alleyways are mostly empty, save for a few passerbys, some of which looking less than reputable. None give you trouble.

Sasha moves with an easy grace, and you can tell that she's very fit. She can't be more than a year or two younger than you, and her personality so far matches that of a girl many years her senior. You can tell easily why she's an Onmyouji. Strength and intelligence radiate from her manner. She must be one of Kato's more promising students.

Finally you reach the intersection you've been looking for. Standing alongside a bustling city street, a wall 2 stories high blocks entrance to the silver district. On the top of the wall, steel pikes rise up the sky, giving the barrier a jaw-like appearance. A gate sits within the wall, and to either side of the gate there stands a guard, both clad in chrome-like platemail, shining painfully in the midday sun. The men openly hold spears and shields, standing tall and looking very proper, not to mention intimidating to whoever doesn't belong in that section of the city. Their eyes pass methodically through the small crowd of merchants and commoners walking by the gate, preventing entrance for those without an invitation or a residence within.
  #29  
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 00:14
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
As he darted through the many side streets and alleyways of the City of the Steel Lotus alongside Sasha, Ryoshen smiled..

Kato was right. She is rather fast...

It was a small, unexpected twist; a pleasant surprise. While before Ryoshen would have never doubted the wisdom of a Sifu, he had but the slightest sense of disbelief upon hearing Kato speak of this girl. However, his attention had been focused on more pressing matters, and it went unnoticed.

Upon reaching the gate, Ryoshen surveyed the area around it, observing the locals and the flow of traffic through the area. He found a suitable place, and with Sasha he merged with the crowd. They then made their way inconspicuously towards the left side of the gate. As they neared the guards, Ryoshen looked to the left guard to make eye contact with him. He approached the man, and upon acquiring his attention Ryoshen removed the jade tablet from its pouch. He presented it to the guardsman in an open palm.

"Sir, I must speak with Captain Gustav."

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 10th of August, 2007 at 04:12.
  #30  
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 05:24
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
As you approach, you notice his face is sweaty and slightly unshaven. He looks ever so slightly on edge, but still composed in the way an experienced soldier would be in a time of tribulation. All the latest events involving the Realm must have their resources pressed. The guard, first skeptical of being approached seriously by a boy, delivers his entire attention upon seeing the Jade tablet. It seems that, as Kato had implied, this man had recieved previous instructions in case this happened. He takes a subtle glance to his left, happy to see that the other guard is occupied with several scantily clad women stubbornly demanding entrance into the district. He turns back to you and speaks, just loud enough so only you and he can hear him over the sounds and banter of the street. His voice is deep and serious.

"I never expected Kato to send a child. He must have great faith in you." He again turns to his left to make sure the other guard doesn't notice he's speaking to you, and leans in closer. "Only precious few of us men are in on this. The Captain has chosen his allies carefully. The guard on the other side knows nothing, and would most likely try and stop us if he knew what goes on. Be careful what you say to whom."

Sasha comes up behind you, putting her hand on your shoulder. "Ryoshen, we must hurry. I can hear them turning the bend as we speak." The guard stands up straight and looks to his right into the distance. You both are too short to see above the crowd, but you can see it in the guard's eyes. He sees what's approaching. Cursing under his breath, he slouches back down to you both. "That man is dangerous. Stay away from him and look for Gustav. You'll find him in the industrial district sorting out some dispute. There may be other men with him so don't speak openly until he lets you know you can."

Now all three of you can hear the sound of the approaching parade of men. The crowd is parting, and people are whispering to each other. Their destination is the gate. The guard looks up then back at you with alarm. "Go! Go now!" He whispers loudly. "Find the Captain, and don't be seen!" You both back away and watch as the group of 13 makes its way to the gate. The man in the center never meets eyes with either guard, instead staring straight ahead at the gate as he speaks. His voice is soft but firm.

"My name is Tepet Dao, magistrate of the realm. I am here to speak with the council. Open the gate." He says plainly.

Both guards bow slightly and push open both doors of the thick steel doorway. You get a glimpse of the polished and magnificient architechture on the other side as the 13 pass through. As the doors close, the scene disperses, and you notice a familiar and unmistakably obvious red hat in the center of the street. He turns and sees you, taking a second to recognize you outside of your tattered state.

Last edited by Erendiox; 2nd of August, 2007 at 08:07.
  #31  
Unread 6th of August, 2007, 11:45
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
Egam began to worry about why these men were going to his area, but the worry passed and was replaced excitement. In a passing glance, he noticed the young boy who he had encountered. Squinting his eyes, and examining the boy, he no longer had the weary, ragged appearance of when Egam first met him. He was wearing the clothes of a typical slums resident, and seemed to have healed from his scrapes and bruises. Yet, he seemed to glow, and radiate some sort of energy.

He seemed filled with strength and purpose, and a presence that would make the Realm's greatest generals kneel before him. He seemed as holy and pure as an archetype of an hero that the Immaculates would preach.

Besides him was a girl, wearing the clothes of the local monastery. She stayed close to the boy, but did not seem worried in his presence.

Egam begins to weave through the crowds, fearful of the Dragonblooded and the men who were following the boy. He gets through the crowd and greets the boy.

Egam says, innocently worried, "I thought you weren't going to come back. It was quite a while, and with the state you were in....I-I was worried. Are you allright?"
__________________
boobies

Last edited by youareanoobnoob; 22nd of August, 2007 at 12:45.
  #32  
Unread 15th of August, 2007, 00:30
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
"Go! Go now!"

The guard's words were all Ryoshen needed. He slipped unnoticed back into the now parted crowds, Sasha at his side. As the magistrate passed through, Ryoshen felt his soul aflame.

He is the source. He is the source of our problems, the reason we must leave this city. Even now, he goes to the Council, most likely requesting complacency for the execution of our slaughter.

Ryoshen stared down the magistrate, his eyes unseen daggers hidden in the midst of innocence. He wanted to kill the man. The urge was almost uncontrollable. However, he reminded himself of the task at hand, and quenched the feelings of rage and hate.

Another day, he told himself.

Another day.

With the magistrate's passing, Ryoshen cooled down. Thinking back to Gustav, he realized that he did not have a very clear idea of where the Industrial district was in relation to his current location. He whispered a question to Sasha about it, only to receive an emmpty stare followed by a slow shake of her head for no. No sooner than he had begun to devise a solution did the familiar vermillion hat poke its way out of the crowds. The boy approached Ryoshen, and as he spoke Ryohen knew providence was with him.

"I'm fine. You know the way through the alleys to the Industrial district, right? We need to travel there quickly. Lead us, and we will exchange pleasantries on the way."

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 15th of August, 2007 at 00:35.
  #33  
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 12:55
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
"Yes i know the way. It may be a bit of a walk," Egam paused as he momentarily was at a loss of words, "uh...but that-t should be fine."

He began to lead them through the crowds, trying to put large groups of people between them and the Dragonblooded. He occasionally turned towards them to check on where they were, and giving a wave from the height of his chest towards them if they seemed astray. As they left the market and the crowds began to thin, Egam realized that he didn't know the boy's, or for that matter the girl's, name. He froze for a second, suddendly remembering this, and turned to the boy and girl.

"Um, what is..er...are your names? Mine's is Egam, if I forgot introduce myself to you when we met before."
__________________
boobies
  #34  
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 16:23
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Sasha smiles at this interesting character.

"Well my name is Sasha, and this is Ryoshen. I guess you two have met before huh."

She follows and asks Egam about himself and his home. As he speaks, something seems a little off. "Egam... are you sure you know where you're going?" She says, only half smiling.

"This way? Oh, uh, of course! Yes, yes I know where I'm go-" The boy is cut short as he stumbles headlong into a group of men. Backing up a step and fixing his giant red hat, Egam looks up to blunder an apology. He gets half way through and freezes, as he's realized just who he's stumbled into. The lead man himself is struck speechless, but this turns quickly to a grin as he pulls free a blade from his belt and barks at Ryoshen.

"You! You little puke! There's no getting away this time! You're going to pay for this bruise!" He shouts as he motions to the swelling red mark on his jawbone. His men tense up, seemingly ready to pummel on command. Suddenly a boy calls out to Ryoshen. The boy is part of another group of three, standing nearby.

"Ryoshen! It's you, you're alive!"

Sasha turns to the newcomers. One of them is tall and large, towering over the other two. She draws breath and her eyes go wide. "Are you... Benkei Minasune?"

  #35  
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 16:23
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
*** THREAD CLOSED ***
Please resume posting in Chapter 0 - The Beginning
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 16:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren